Bill O'Reilly - too much biased media

Started by Stattick, November 16, 2012, 02:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stattick

No, that's not a photoshop. That's a screen shot from O'Reilly's show, over on Fox News.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/dorsey/mind-blowing-bill-oreilly-moment-you-must-see

The above link has clips, so you can hear O'Reilly actually speak the quote out loud. I don't think he "gets it", saying that while on the most biased "news" channel. The double think needed to say that is just astounding. But I just can't help laughing and laughing about this.  XD
O/O   A/A

LunarSage

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Oniya

O_O 

Mr. Kettle? This is Mr. Potts calling. Thought you might want to know that you're black. No, nothing else. Goodbye.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Beguile's Mistress

Bill O'Reilly is biased.  It takes one to know one.

Lux12

Irony and hypocrisy have combined in one unholy union.It's funny that he should be the one to say such things given that he's notorious for pushing an ideology.

Pumpkin Seeds

John Stewart sits on his lap and suddenly he thinks he's a moderate.  Gah.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on November 16, 2012, 05:20:51 PM

When did that happen?

Hemingway

You don't think Bill O'Reilly and the rest of the far right don't know what they're doing? Bill O'Reilly isn't stupid. He's a liar. With him, and others like him, you have to realize that the words they say tend to mean the opposite of their dictionary definitions. It's like those ministries in the novel Ninteen Eighty-Four. It's exactly that.

I suspect that this has to do with that famous quote which I think is attributed to Lenin, about how a lie told often enough becomes a truth. If you repeat often enough that the media is going too far with its liberal bias, people are going to assume that the media has a liberal bias. It's a foregone conclusion at that point. It sounds stupid to people who know better, but I'm not sure everyone sees it that way. I mean, Fox News viewership is a pretty good indication that Lenin was right.

Vekseid

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on November 16, 2012, 05:20:51 PM

Hey, he supports pot legalization.

Pumpkin Seeds

Lux12

Are you certain that's not photoshopped.

KennethNoisewater

I am pretty sure that the Bill O'Reilly segment on media biased just made a blood vessel in my head burst that will never recover.

Oniya

I wish I'd scrolled down to see Hemingway's post.  I zoomed in too close to O'Reilly's face to look for artifact pixels. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17