Favorite animated movies/shows/anime?

Started by TheAnimeFanGirl, August 21, 2008, 12:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cherri Tart

The Little Mermaid.  No thought required. I have seen it more times then i can count to.  Oh, and it's only partly animated, but it was an animated feel - Enchanted. I LOVE That movie.  Also, the Iron Giant.  Best movie hardly anyone has seen.  A classic.
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Inkidu

Helsing (Which is saying something. I hate vampires, but it was so original)
Spirited Away
Steamboy
Howl's Moving Castle

Venture Brothers, Robot Chicken, Family Guy American Dad!

So many.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Lilias

I like most of the old style Disney animated features, before they went completely computerised. The Lion King and Pocahontas spring to mind as particular favourites.

Wanna make me cry? Show me The Last Unicorn again. Works every single time.

I drop everything to watch old Disney shorts, Pink Panther, Woody Woodpecker and Tom & Jerry whenever there are reruns.

I'm still a fan of '80s anime shows - heck, I grew up with Candy, Candy - but I've let the genre pass me by in recent years. Although I'd gladly watch Ulysse 3000 again. Anyone knows if it there's a DVD release?

For now, I just catch (and enjoy) the occasional episode of Kim Possible and Lilo and Stitch with my stepdaughter.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Tendonin

Hello, you all. Thought I'd look in this board and saw this thread. Thought I'd drop my list of Anime.

Well, here it goes...(I'm listing all my favorites...ever)

• Johnny Bravo
  • Powerpuff Girls
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Trigun
  • InuYasha
  • Dragon Ball Z
  • Dragon Ball
  • Dragon Ball GT
  • Futurama
  • Boondocks
  • Gundum Wing
  • YuGiOh
  • Big O
  • Bible Black
  • Star Ballz
  • DNAngles
  • Dragon Pink

Some that I haven't caught the name of, but yeah, that's it. Just for reference, Trigun, Big O, and Dragon Ball Z are my favorites. I like Bible Black a bit, just got into it, heard about it from Amy.

Red Dawn

My most favorited animated movie would have to be: Princess Mononoke. I think it was one of the best movies ever made.
As for shows/anime: I don't really have one but I guess the one I'm watching mostly these days is Code Geass.

Oniya

Quote from: Cherri Tart on August 24, 2008, 07:52:34 PM
The Little Mermaid.  No thought required. I have seen it more times then i can count to.  Oh, and it's only partly animated, but it was an animated feel - Enchanted. I LOVE That movie.  Also, the Iron Giant.  Best movie hardly anyone has seen.  A classic.

I've seen The Iron Giant - I also have the Pete Townshend album that was sort of the 'rough draft' of it.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Silver

*thinks she had a orgasm when she found this thread*

Black Lagoon
Tenjou Tenge
Howl's Moving Castle
Spirited Away
Ninja Scroll
Animatrix
... So many more..

*is a nerd even being a girl*
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Revolverman

Hunter

Quote from: Silver on September 12, 2008, 09:57:44 PM
*thinks she had a orgasm when she found this thread*

Black Lagoon
Tenjou Tenge
Howl's Moving Castle
Spirited Away
Ninja Scroll
Animatrix
... So many more..

*is a nerd even being a girl*

I'm in lust.   ;D

Valkyr

My favorite animated movie is probably Ghost in Shell,  followed closely by Akira. 

As for series,  the list is pretty long Evangelion,  Blood+,  Hellsing,  Trigun,  Serial Experiments Lain.  The list could go one and one really. 
Ons and Offs

This was never my world, you took the Angel away....

Idej

Where to start, where to start?  Hmmm, that is a tough one.  Well here it goes:

Rurouni Kenshin, Inuyasha, Ronin Warriors, Ice Age(I and II), Hoodwinked, Family Guy, The Simpsons, Futurama, Aladdin, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Naruto, Megas XLR, Mobile Suit Gundam(And anything else that is set in the Universal Century), G Gundam, and Gundam Wing(including Endless Waltz).  I didn't like any of the other incarnations of Gundam I just thought it wasn't interesting.

Now as for favorite characters I have quite a bit, but here are the five I like the most.

Kenshin Himura
Zechs Merquise(aka Milliardo Peacecraft)
Inuyasha
Char
Homer Simpson

DarkestStryke

Hmmm.. lets take a stab

Simpsons, Futurama, Naruto, Bleach, Deathnote, FMA, FMP, Hand Maid May, Sousei no Aquarion, Ninja Scroll, Spirited Away, Animatrix, Cowboy Beboop, Trigun, Dragonball in all its formats, YuGiOh, Ghost In The Shell. Cyber City Oedo 808, Dominion Tank Police, Tenchi Muyo, Chobits, Wolf's Rain, Justice League, Animaniacs

Kimmy

Kaledio Star & Starship Operators are my favourites of now.

Vandread and Nadesico are my old time favorites.

I love subs, though I usually don't watch the screen when watching anime. I multi task too much for that. I often work with it playing. Not that it really stops my understanding of what's going on. Does anyone ever do that? Know whats happen without watching the screen or knowing the language?
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
A&A           RL Issues: Some Insomnia.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...