College Woes!! (Homebrew System, Harem and Comedic game)

Started by ShadowFox89, February 04, 2014, 10:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Welcome to St.Christie's Academy, a private college located on the East Coast of America. St.Christie's has the distinction of being one of the most prestigious academies... as well as being one of the strangest. Catgirls, half-demons, half-angels, robots, magi, vampires.... They're all found in St.Christie's.

This year, a young man enters the academy! His blood, tasty to vampires. His soul, wanted by both Heaven and Hell. His smell? Well, apparently he smells like catnip. Him? He just wants to get through college in one piece.

So, this is a fairly rules-lite system game, using this system: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290243

From the thread, on how to work up a character:
1. Choose two archetypes from the list and get the GM's approval.
2. Choose a strength and weakness. Your choices are Allure, Conflict, Luck, and Skill.
3. Choose a number of advantages set by the GM (a safe default is 6). Your choices are the ones listed under your archetypes and the ones listed under “Universal Advantages."
4. Come up with all the other details of your girl. You should be consistent with the archetypes and advantages you’ve chosen, but you have a lot of leeway to come up with a name, backstory, appearance, personality quirks, and anything else.

For now, this is just to see who's interested. Game will most likely include: Tentacle monsters, bondage, exhibitionism, and orgasm denial... Though this will depend on the player. If you are interested in playing a lesbian girl, then you don't /have/ to focus on the protagonist of course. And there will be NPCs and teachers.

edit: as per request, a sheet

[b]Name[/b]: The name of your character
[b]Age[/b]: The age of your character. The school doesn't admit anyone under 18.
[b]Description[/b]: What your character looks like. You can link to an image, but please use one that isn't going to stretch the screen. Also include their thoughts and personality.
[b]Background[/b]: How did your character from to
[b]Archetypes[/b]: Choose two
[b]Abilities[/b]: List 6 in total, one of which may be in another archetype besides the one listed above, or you may also take shameless/well endowed or any universal
[b]Strong Point[/b]: Which roll do you get +1 on (Allure, Conflict, Luck, or Skill)?
[b]Weak Point[/b]: Which roll do you get -1 on?
[b]Victory Points[/b]: List the number of VP you have
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Yukina

I remember this system. It was great. :)

Would you be fine if I picked the shrinking violet and childhood friend archetypes?

Vanetias

Zaer Darkwail

Looks hilarious, I am in :). Considering the school is supernatural place we can use the supernatural archtypes too yes? I had idea for demonic and ojoy (young mistress) archtypes? I had kind idea of daughter of archfiend or 'queen of succubi' sort deal. His bodyguard is just demonic ape in business suit.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, usual harem animes happen at high school although to keep chars at +17 age category it happens during college age/setting. So probably forgot edit the title while writing the setting.

Thrasius

ShadowFox89

Well with a good amount of interest... what would everyone be looking for in a game? Episodic? Sandbox?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Yukina

I'd prefer episodic with the occasional bit of sandbox.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Yukina

Vanetias

ShadowFox89

Added a character sheet.

Would you folks prefer a male or female protagonist?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Vanetias

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 07, 2014, 09:22:29 AM
Would you folks prefer a male or female protagonist?

Hmmm, I would vote female (so lesbian harem in all-girls academy school). Or we could go reverse harem (meaning guys drooling over a pretty girl).

Yukina

I'd vote for a female protagonist for the lesbian harem variation.

Yukina

Name: Suzume Miyazaki
Description:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Personality: Suzume is your typical wallflower. She is basically the type of person you would find reading a book alone in the corner. The girl is very meek and shy around most people, though she is a bit more calm around (Protagonist). Suzume also tends to have a bit of a stutter due to her fractured esteem.
Background: Suzume was born to her Japanese mother (who was a witch) and her American father (who was a werewolf). She inherited most of her features from her mother, though she has her father's skin tone. She was very happy at a young age, but her self esteem was soon crushed as she entered school. Suzume was made fun of throughout her school life for her nationality, nerdy habits, and budding sexuality. Any friend she even had gotten had been one of those "fair weather friends". Her parents were even too focused in their jobs as scientists, leaving her lonely at home most nights. Her only friend was (Protagonist).
Archetypes: Shrinking Violet, Osananajimi (Childhood Friend)
Abilities:
- Nostalgic Memories: You and the protagonist still have warm memories of growing up together, just the two of you. +2 on unopposed rolls that none of the other girls are attempting.
- Old Friends: You have less romantic distance to cover since you already know the protagonist well. You begin every episode with a small sum of extra VP determined by the GM.
- Simpler Times: Seeing you brings the protagonist back to his childhood and clears his mind of your competitors’ shameful charms. Once per episode, you can nullify all modifiers and abilities applied by the other girls to an opposed Allure roll. Abilities nullified by this advantage are not counted as expended.
- Crying Cutie: It's heartbreaking to even imagine picking on someone as vulnerable as you, and trying to hurt your feelings is an easy way to win the protagonist's anger. While defending against Interference, if you tie or lose the roll by a margin of 1, your opponent also receives the penalty associated with the roll. You may also use Allure to defend against any type of Interference.
- Vulnerable: You have a tendency to get in trouble, but the protagonist always rushes to your aid. +2 on Luck rolls involving ending up in peril.
- Good Cook: You can prepare appealing, tasty food. +2 on Skill rolls involving cooking.
Strong Point: Allure
Weak Point: Luck
Victory Points:

Thrasius

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 04, 2014, 10:08:07 PMCatgirls, half-demons, half-angels, robots, magi, vampires....

Real quick question! Did you want us to only make characters with the races mentioned above? Thanks ahead of time.  :-)

ShadowFox89

You are free to come up with a magical race/being type, just don't go too crazy.

The Monster Girl Encyclopedia is in effect as to what type of monstergirls could be found, along with the aforementioned robots, demons, angels, and mages...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Vanetias

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 07, 2014, 09:47:39 AM
Hmmm, I would vote female (so lesbian harem in all-girls academy school). Or we could go reverse harem (meaning guys drooling over a pretty girl).

I vote for the more of traditional 'all girls on one guy' sorta thing.

ShadowFox89

So 2 for girl-girl harem and 1 for guy-girl... The other option is we could do girl-both gender harem, I suppose.

Yugioshun, could you add width=300 to the image tag, so it looks like [img width=500] in the first part? It'll shrink the image to a level where I can view the whole thing :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Vanetias

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Stephie613

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 07, 2014, 09:47:39 AM

I wanna work for him....LOL