Star Trek Free Form

Started by Lancis, July 08, 2005, 01:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lancis

In the age of Picard a great many other ships  had grand adventures...

Would you like to be on one of them?

I do what my rice krispies tell me to!

Art is  not my work, its source online is now down, but it was a Romusz

LordAnubis

Lancis

Natalie C. Barney

Trekkie here big time, could be fun, do we have to serve on a Federation starship I was thinking a DS9 setting might have more promise for plots and character development. Then some of use can opt for other sorts of characters like a merchant with a small personal ship or a bar owner like Quarks, I could get into being the roguish dashing female captain of a free trader or a telepath for hire with great negotiation skills. If a ship I'd like to be the Ships Counselor or maybe Chief Medical Officer, a caring and dedicated healer.
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

LordAnubis

Damn.  I was more hoping to be a Ferengi.

I've been wanting to play one for quite awhile, never found a game that it would fit, cause playing a ferengi starfleet office is like playing a klingon cripple,

Natalie C. Barney

That could be fun a roguish Betazoid telepath and negotiator as the Ferengi's lover, talk about a business edge!
Natalie Clifford Barney

Lancis

Well i have no idea with DS9 (or other starbase type setting) ships give you more mobility and still allow for ferengi bartenders and betazoid counselors :)

so that is 2 interested, any more?

Natalie C. Barney

Heck yea! Not sure how many players you will get maybe you should advertise on the PBEM News Front or something. And counselors do not HAVE to be telepathic remember Ezri Dax was a Trill and studying it, even in the Star Trek: Next Generation Picard stated that in that episode Deanna lost her abilities. I was thinking perhaps a Bajoran counselor I always liked them very spiritual and with a tragic history, but might be fun. After all they are basically psychologists with oogles of cultural knowledge and social science training.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Pagan

I'd love to play in this as well. First dibs on the head of security! I'd just be playing a normal human woman as my "Star Trek FU" is not as up to speed as most of you I'll wager.

Lancis

*chuckles* well three players is generally enough to start if Anubis and Natalie are still interested...

I was thinking maybe a Base and a Ship as the player base grows...

Natalie C. Barney

Well the setting will determine my character, if a Deep Space 9 sort of setting a base with a civilian community I might go for the roguish commercial telepath Betazoid if another player runs a scheming Ferengi as long as profits are split 50/50 ok maybe she'll go for 40/60  ;).

If a ship a Ships Counselor would be fun, a healing profession that is useful as well.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Lancis

well likely with few in right now i will start us on a base (easier for new players to get involved)

I was thinking Starbase 42, Orbiting the Lovely vacation planet Risa :) (no, it wasnt actually there, and thats the point.) ;)

Asking Goddesses and God for a board in free form exotic titled:

Star Trek:Visions

Come on over!

Lancis

Still have openings in all departments and civilian jobs! :)