Be Brave & Don't Die! [IC, Homebrew]

Started by Oreida Wesker, May 17, 2014, 05:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oreida Wesker

Ha! -pounces into a hug- Not upset anymore. I got the races up and formatted on the DCS and also edited the skills to be direct and a touch more clear.

Good learning experience for me. Make sure you save your edits ad get it ready. We got 2 more days before we're opening the adventure and i'll dive y'all into individual combat situations firstly before social stuffs. -bounces-

And yeah, Signias are pretty awesome, normally spells won't be that neat without leveling or upgrades. I may be going to sleepies soon...
Hots and Nots

All my devotion betrayed, I'm no longer afriad.

Galanthor

Huggles and purrs

Now that I saw the races i'm leaning heavily towards fallari to explain the hair and stuff, besides i think it makes for an interesting backstory...would that change anything?

...by the way...need me to send the backstory to you? could write it down real quick.

will try to update today

Oreida Wesker

No, it looks nicer that way, especially with that picture.

Andyes, please send me ammo his story. ;3  I'll read it when I get up.
Hots and Nots

Galanthor

ok...updated the char sheet.
Guess he's a rather powerful support char.

And yeah...i'll give you enough story ammo to kill him twice over i fear.

Laughing Hyena

(Work in Progress)

Name: Gra'ak Kordoth
Race: Orc
Level: 0  XP: 0/25
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Health: 75
Magic: 35

Attribute Status:
Strength: 6
Perception: 3
Agility: 5
Constitution: 5
Knowledge: 3

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Artwork and original concept is owned by - http://lolloboloz.deviantart.com
Height: 5'8"
Eyes: Yellow
Skin: Dusk Brown
Marks: Two Tusks that are smaller than a typical orcs.

Acquired Skills:

Feats of Strength - Whether it is pulling in a tug of war, holding up a slab of stone over his own head, wrestling someone down to the ground, the runt is remarkably strong even for people nearly twice his height. - 2d6

Swordsmanship - He has trained considerably on his own using what little coin he has to learn how to swing a sword as well as many a knight. Most suitable should he ever wish to join a tournament of the sword. However he always can show room for improvement - 2d4

Mounted Combat - The young orc knight hopeful has learned the sacred skills of horseback riding in matters of the lance and fighting atop a steed. He knows how to control a horse with his legs and how to keep the steed calm during heated conflict. But most importantly he has learned how in order to participate in jousting competitions. - 2d4

Etiquette - The orc has managed to piece together and learn from books the ability to maintain decent mannerisms in matters of high society and nobility meaning he is capable of acting like nobility and known how to approach social activities with those above his station. If he could learn exactly how to not look like he didn't belong there by mere appearance than he would have much more success. - 2d2

Linguistic - Peasants and Peons are not legally allowed to have formal education of the alphabet and is left entirely at the mercy of the noble whom owns the land and consequentially him. However he has circumvented that by wayfaring and travel towards the academy, learning at churches and libraries during his travels. As such he has master his alphabet to become fluent in languages that other orcs might not be able to even grasp. - 2d2

[You can start with 5; 2d2, 2d2, 2d4, 2d4, 2d6]

Techniques

Double Slash (Attack Action) - Gra'ak brings his quickness to the forefront and shows how a powerful swing leads into another. This technique is done with manipulation of the swing momentum with a quick pivot to allow him to make a swifter strike than the first one. Allows the use to make two attacks. The second swing confers a +3 to the Longsword. (15 MP)

Sundering Strike (Attack Action) - Gra'ak brings his might upon the enemy with an arcing strike downwards into the body. The strike is so fierce it cuts into armor with ease. Converts basic weapon damage into bleeding damage. (15 MP)

Invigoration (Full Round) - Gra'ak raises his sword up to the heavens and gives a fierce cry to bring his full battle focus to the forefront allowing him a temporary reserve of power fueled by strength of spirit alone. Adds half his strength to his weapon damage. (20 MP)

Weapon: Longsword (1d10)

Armor: Leather Armor and Greaves (5)
Inventory: 5/5
- Tome
- Flint Stick
- Journal
- Grooming Kit
- Whetstone

Tome: 0/25 [Unactive Spells stored here]

Backstory: Kordoth comes from no mighty war clan legacy, nor is he a feared conqueror. He was a runt, no bigger than a human and as such was completely out of place amongst even his own kind. He was a mere farmer and peon underneath the local lord. He was not interested in such affairs as he always wanted to become a knight. Brave and majestic, riding atop of a steed and able to chase after his own dreams and ambitions. However he would not be able to as a mere farmer. So he saved and scrapped by putting together as much silver as he could and then quickly leaving his speck of land, and family behind, risking it all to try and have the chance to change his role in life. It was an impossible dream, for many but he would not allow himself to simply accept things.

persephone325

I'm going to bookmark this. Definitely interested. I've just started getting into system games, so I'm such a noob about them. ^^
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Galanthor

Everyone here is new to this one, so it might not a big problem

Laughing Hyena

*Starts performing CPR* Is this thing still alive?

Dorian Grandale

She's probably distracted/busy with something. I would not discount her so easily.
"There ain't no sunshine when I'm low, how I'm low.
People tell me life's a game, I'm not playing.
Bitches don't mean shit to me, anymore.
I have taken my blows, I'm still standing.."

Oreida Wesker

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on June 02, 2014, 05:28:10 PM
*Starts performing CPR* Is this thing still alive?

-Smacks him off her thread's chest.- Yes, it's fine. I postponed the time. -points to the front page- And I messaged you too. I never do Sundays.

And heck knows this can't start without the story teller. Now, tis be here. I'm going to get a head start and I'll give the applicants a pokey!
Hots and Nots

Dorian Grandale

*salutes* You can no more get rid of me than a zebra can get rid of its stripes.

Oreida Wesker

Heehee.

@ Persephone325 - I will look forward to your patronage! Thank you for checking us out.

-Pats Dorian- Heehee, then I hope this will ply out well. Now..

Associated Threads are up on here and the front page. THe first RP forum will be open when someone puts their dude or chicka into the approved area so I can stay on your hump. Prepare for your first introductions to Tulk.

Associated Threads:
TULK: Approved Characters
TULK: OOC & Suggestions!
Delightful Cookie System [DCS]
Hots and Nots

Dorian Grandale

Awesome work as always.

And here's my entry. Sorry it might not be as detailed as others here, but I'll add some more once I come up with it.

Also, before someone says something, yes, I helped Ms. Wesker beta-test this little gem, so I already had this chara prepared. ;)

Garnadan Goblinstriker

Race: Oran
Level: 0            XP: 0/25
Sexuality: Straight
Health: TBD
Magic:  TBD

Strength:        5
Perception:      4
Agility:         6
Constitution:    4
Knowledge:       3

Appearance: Whether he admits it or not, he's lucky in the fact that his human side has molded his face, making him not unpleasant to look at, save for the slight green tinge to his skin. His hair may be somewhat stringy, but he's found various ways to tame his unruly mane, which now reaches the base of his neck. He's certainly beginning to develop the wiry-tough physique orcs are known for.
Height: 6' 10"
Eyes: Deep Brown
Skin: Emerald Green
Marks: His skin darkens to a forest green about his hands and feet, giving the impression of gloves and socks.

Acquired Skills:
- Smithing
- Dodge
- Sword
- Tinkering

Active:
- Tech: Beast Fang - calling upon the rage of his orc blood, he charges his weapon with chi, which is then used in a 3-hit combo.

Weapon of Choice: Heavy Orc Blade
http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/p-13101-lord-of-the-rings-uruk-hai-larp-sword.aspx

Armor: Leather padded clothing
Inventory: 4/5
- Keepsake of mother(ring)
- Small toolkit
- Training ring token
- Whetstone

Laughing Hyena

Post has been edited so that things are nice and tidied up. Only thing I'd need to talk with you over is signia.

Oreida Wesker

Signia is your personal spellcraft, it's for you and only you and it's never the same. Spells can be copied or studied and taught, but not your Signia.

So a signia tends to be a bit bad ass with upgrades, but you have a choice. Get it in the beginning and have no other spells. Or RP to work it out and get 3 spells. It'll take probably til level 3 to earn it if you rp it. Pending what it is.

You have a mount, well, that will work with the farm story.. Though, it's just a plow nag. So, she won't give ya much other then freely being off your feet.

Just hit me up here or on the Pm about your magic/tech or signia.

-Reads Dorian- I'll IM you about stuffs. Good though.
Hots and Nots

Galanthor

Do I get poked? Was i accepted? want that cookie! bounces.

Dorian Grandale

Galanthor

Dorian Grandale

Hehe. Who doesn't? Snickerdoodle FTW!

Oreida Wesker

Yep, that's on the first page. -goes to poke others-
Hots and Nots

Galanthor

I failed
cries
can i trade cookie points for cookies once i level up=

Oreida Wesker

-pokes go to OOC-

You mean trading a Cookie for a RP Cookie, like breaking the fourth wall kind of reference?
Hots and Nots

Galanthor

Oreida Wesker

Well.. Sure.. But then people might steal your cookies.. or a cutie might flutter her eye lashes and want a yum-yum. You really not going to share your cookies with a sweetie?....

Heehee, That's why they're ooc points. :P
Hots and Nots

Galanthor

but...cookies and hugs make me write better :(