D&D 4th Edition (Freestyle)

Started by Thorneblood, September 23, 2013, 06:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorneblood

I was thinking of doing a game set somewhere in the Dungeons and Dragons Universe. It would be largely freestyle, with a possible dxx roll against certain monsters and bosses. I will be guiding the game, most likely through an older character, and presenting various difficulties, dungeons, etc for the group to face off against.

Rating: MA (18+)
Players: 4 -6
Content: Any core content and beyond as well as homebrew content is acceptable.
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/4e_Homebrew

If you are interested please respond with any preliminary ideas you might have, as well as preferences for campaigns and locale's. I have most of the 4e manuals so there is a lot i can draw from and a lot we can explore.

I am weary of planning and toiling in the crowded hives of men; Heart weary of building and spoiling and spoiling and building again; And I long for the dear old river where I dreamed my youth away; For a dreamer lives forever, And a toiler dies in a day.

On/Off

Flying Tengu

Hey, just to make sure I understand, could you clarify something for me?  It sounds like you are using the default setting from 4e d&d, and using that to help people with character ideas, but that the game will be mostly freeform, not system?  With a few things decided with a die roll to determine the outcome?

Is that right?

Did I really use a question for every sentence?

Thorneblood

I think so?

:P

The setting itself could be forgotten realms/eberron/etc....i am rather open on that still, but basically this is just an interest check. I will accept most standard/homebrew/monster races with a standard character level around 12-16,  I won't be demanding rolls for everything the characters do, i figure you can climb a rope or knock down a door without having to prove it for example.

Combat will basically be decided by a d20 roll, in that each character would need to roll 20 (either at once or cumulatively) in order to beat the more basic monsters, higher level monsters will be set at 100 points with the group having to earn that much through d20 rolls to be victorious in combat.

All races/classes/paragon paths are acceptable, but initially we would need to decide on a Campaign Setting.
If you have a preference, let me know.
I am weary of planning and toiling in the crowded hives of men; Heart weary of building and spoiling and spoiling and building again; And I long for the dear old river where I dreamed my youth away; For a dreamer lives forever, And a toiler dies in a day.

On/Off