Dinotopia, IC

Started by Skystomp, July 18, 2010, 04:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skystomp

Richard Crabb looked up at the growing thunderstorm and shook his head. Best to head for cover until it blew over. Limix was going to beside her self tonight. He laughed at himself humerously. Scaley and Skinny, both outsiders and loners, but both needing each other to make it work as they explored and mapped out trails in Rainy Basin.

Limix grunted and clicked and Richard listened. "I want to get away from the storm. The thunder is going to be terrible."
Richard grinned at her. "For such a fearsome creature a little storm like this shouldn't bother you so much."
"It doesn't." She said with dignity. "I just hate having to clean mud from out of my claws and scales. Terrible terrible mess is makes. Besides, if it floods you'll be washed away and how would I explain THAT to the council and your family."
"True, and I'd hate to bounce around and into some carnosaurs who are singing in the shower."
The only way you fail, is by not trying.
Linkara "I read it and I wish I hadn't!"

playfullchick76

Peering out the windscreen of her twin engine plane at the storm and hoping that it would blow over quickly, Laura Reynolds brushed a lock of jet black hair from her eyes and started praying. She hadnt been in a church in years, but right now, she was just praying that her plane didnt get hit by lightning, or caught in a downdraft, which would suck her plane right down to the water.

She was 24 and came from a long line of proud pilots. Both her grandfather and father were accomplished pilots, she was another Reynolds who sought a job in the air. She had shoulder length dark hair, blue eyes and a 5ft 6" body and figure that had some men wondering if she truly was a pilot, or a model, but she was a pilot, and proud of it.

In the back of her plane was supplies for Diego Garcia, for the ships store, which was constantly out of everything, so went the saying, high value items, as well as some personal gear belonging to the Base Commander. Plotting her course, she wondered if she shouldnt have delayed her flight, but thats why she had recieved this contract with the officials, she had a plane ready to fly and the island needed supplies.

Just as she was reaching for her radio, lightning cracked by her plane, once, twice, then a third one did hit her plane, hitting the left engine with a shower of sparks. Flinching as she had never been hit by lightning before,she held onto the yoke as the engine that had been hit trailed smoke and lost power. Around her, she struggled for control as the radio shorted out as well.

"Great, just great", she said to herself as her plane lost altitude, dropping from 15,000 feet to 10,000 quickly, and lower still. Holding on tight, she stared out at the storm as she passed through it. Her plane shook as she dropped lower and lower. She knew that she likely wouldnt survive a water landing, but as she held on, a lightning bolt lit up the sky and she saw land underneath her, an island.

"Thank you, thank you to whatever gods are listening", she said as she tried to keep power going to her remaining engine. Dropping to a thousand feet, she saw nothing but jungle.

Just as the power cut out, she checked her straps, to make sure that she wouldnt be thrown out when the plane hit a tree or land. Flinching as she heard the branches hitting the underside of her plane, then louder ones as her tail was ripped away, then the left wing, she was thrust forward against her straps as the fuselage hit. Crying out as her plane hit, she saw a flash of light as a patch of aviation fuel from the left engine was ignited, but the fuel in the right wing didnt go up or spill out, ensuring that any fire would be short lived.

Skystomp

Richard looked out from the cover of the ruins they were staying in and adjusted his hat to keep the water from spilling over and into his grey eyes. This storm was a great big one. Bigger then he'd seen in a couple of years. He did notice the small bit of flame that was coming down through the storm. He tracked its progress guaging where it might impact. "Limix, there's a stone fall. We can check it out once the storm breaks..." He looked over at his friend and sighed with affection. She was a pain in the butt sometimes, but they'd been friends their entire lives, all 26 of them. He checked the remains of the stone roof out of habit and curled up next to Limix to watch the storm through the holes. "Don't worry, it'll be over soon."

When the storm finally broke a few hours later the small group made its way through the jungle heading for the suspected metorite impact site. "Good thing it came down in the darkness of the storm. Otherwise we'd have never seen it."
"Speak for yourself. I have excellent eyesight."
"Then take a look up there. Seems like it wasn't a metorite afterall." Richard said pointing upwards at the suspended aircraft. "What is that? It looks like a mechanical Skybax."
"There also appears to be a human inside it as well." Limix said pointing at the cockpit.
"We'd better see if they're alive. If they are, looks like we're heading back to Waterfall City either way." Richard said looking at the surrounding giant trees and wondering just HOW exactly he was going to get the pilot down without killing them both. With that in mind he starts up the trees heading for the mechanical flyer. Looking at the side nearest him he spots what looks like a hatch. Holding onto a sturdy vine he carefully swings over and after a few tries manages to get inside the belly of the mechanical beast. Making his way forward and down. His thin frame easily handling the treck but the constant shifting was leaving him more then a little nervous. He checked the pilot and noticed the pilot was still breathing. He also noticed the pilot was a woman... however the buckle arrangement took him a few minutes to figure out before he realized it was just a simple latch mechanism. He grabbed the pilot and made his way back to and out of the hatch. The next problem was actually easier then the first. Getting her to the ground was easily done by hacking a few vines down and wrapping her in it and them wrapping himself in them and carefully climbing down.
Once down, he checked the unknown woman for any obvious injuries. Hopefully she came through the trip without to much harm.

playfullchick76

By the grace of God, or just good flying, her plane hadnt impacted into the ground. The huge trees that she had seen, just before she had been thrust forward and hit her head on the yoke, which knocked her out, had cushioned her planes impact and slowed it down to the point where the fuselage was mostly intact.

It would never fly again of course, but she had  no way of knowing that. The light blue jeans, tshirt, comfortable boots and dark brown flying jacket, that had been a gift from her father, all fit her well.

Distantly as she began to regain consciousness, she felt like she was being moved, then lowered down. Had she indeed survived the crash. She knew the statistics  like any other pilot. 95% of all crashes were fatal, so if she was indeed alive, then she had well and truly beaten the odds.

Wincing as she opened her eyes, she tried to focus on the figure above her who was checking her out, but her vision was blurry, and she was cold as well. "Am I alive", she said soflty and tried to get up, but her head only pounded harder when she did that, forcing her to lay back down.

Skystomp

On the trip down he felt the young woman starting to stir and hoped she wasn't going to make them both fall. Thankfully she waited to come to till they were all one the ground. Then she woke up, spoke some bizzare form of english and laid back down again. "En taru Limix, radun ohp-ohp." Richard racked his brain dreging up the english his father and grandfather had taught him, however it had been years since he last used it and he was very rusty. "Alive. Yes. Your rampana Skybax not much very. Die in vine." He looked over her head at someone out of sight, "Atcha nera puog." and brought a water skin to her lips. "Drink. Move soon. Much come danger. Not be here." He first look at him is a sun brown thin man with a long brown hair pulled back into a knot on the back of his head and short neatly handlebar mustache.  Intense grey eyes look down at her an he's wearing a leathery vest festoned with pockets, no shirt, and dark brown pants with boots that are laced up to his knees. "Your head? Hurt?" He asks her, the english lessons of his youth coming back to him the more he dregged it up.

playfullchick76

Blinking her eyes, she found her vision clearing, and gazed up at her rescuer. She hadnt expected her rescuer to be uniformed military, but neither did she expect to be rescued by Robinson Crusoe. His clothes looked hand made, but fitted him well and looked warm, just as warm as her jacket was.

'Skybax..I dont know what you mean..oh..my plane. Its..it looks,, it looks like a write off, makes me glad that I got the optional insurance. Although the weasels may try to use an act of god clause to get out of paying", she said, then managed to sit up without her head pounding too much.

Glancing to where he was talking to his friend, companion, she couldnt focus on whoever it was,  and wondered just what language he was talking. "What do you mean..danger. In that case, could you go back up there and pick up some things quickly, if its not too much trouble. My green overnight duffel bag and medkit. Theyre near the pilots seat, thats all I'll need right away, and can come back for anything else at a later date", she asked him

Skystomp

Something about.... Writing the words for insurance and small mammals using the acts of God stipulating payment of some kind. The words made sense, but strung together like they were had him very confused. He was sure she had hit her head in the crash.

Quote from: playfullchick76 on July 20, 2010, 08:04:31 AM"What do you mean..danger. In that case, could you go back up there and pick up some things quickly, if its not too much trouble. My green overnight duffel bag and medkit. Theyre near the pilots seat, thats all I'll need right away, and can come back for anything else at a later date", she asked him.

"Carnosaurs. Sound draw them. Not good be here. Very unhappy." He looked back over at Limix again asking how long they had. "Yesh, lobah neta wu?" (How long do we have?)
Limix said. "Yetuh anah ana yush ambre antolda." (Not long, several beats at least.)
"What is 'MedKit'? What look like?" He asked the woman. Hopefully it wasn't something non-crital or there was going to be trouble and not the kind they were going to be able to talk their way out of easily.

playfullchick76

She wondered if he lived on this island alone, as he was like no-one that she had ever met before. She couldnt see who he was talking to, his partner here, but one that didnt speak english.

"I just need the medkit in case something goes wrong, but..ok, no medkit,just my duffel bag. Its just behind the pilots seat, where you found me, dark green in color, with patches sewn all over it, it has clothes and other important posessions inside it", she tells him, then looks at him strangely as one word that he said clicks in her mind, Carnosaurs.

"Carnosaurs..as in..no,, Dinosaurs", she says, wondering just what they were smoking on this island to believe that.

Skystomp

Richard nodded his head. "Yes, Dinosaurs. Like Limix, but not civilized." The more he used it the more the english was coming back. Good to know he remembered so much of it. "Wait here. Back quick." He handed her the water skin and looked at Limix. "Ama chen cho-cho lugano, duffel, et Medkit whus." (Going back up to get this duffel and medkit thing.) Limix chattered at him nervously. "Acha. Epun redolta." (I know, I'll be quick.) With that he scrambled up the vines and to the airship. He took a careful creaking step onto the plane, thankfully it was wedged in pretty good and looked around as he moved down towards the seats. Finding the duffelbag wasn't a problem, he litteral tripped over it. That was when he saw something interesting, a white box with a red cross on it. "Oh! Medicine Kit. Of course." He grabbed both, hoped there was nothing fragile in the bag and opened it up just long enough to stuff the Medkit inside and tossed it across his shoulders. The plane however lurched sickingly and he froze hoping it wasn't going to come down with him still inside it. That lurch made up his mind, even if the Carnosaurs didn't show up staying around the airship was a bad idea. he scrambled down the tree giving the plane a closer look. It was a lot like a huge Skybax and it could carry cargo. Heck it was even big enough to hold Limix, not that she would ever want to be that high in the air. He told Limix that they would have to move soon, the airship wasn't quite as stable as he had thought. "I find you... I found your duffel bag. I think this is 'Medkit' you spoke of? White box, large red cross? We need to move. Your airship unstable. I would not like to be near it when it crashes down. Can you walk? If you no can walk, Limix and I will carry you." At this Limix gave an indignant squawk, she was not a carrier of loads.

playfullchick76

"Thank you for going up there. The plane looks wedged in there tightly enough, it shouldnt fall unless you did some impromptu breakdancing, and you dont look like thats your thing", she said with a smile. Thanking him for the water skin,she drank from it and felt better almost immediately.

Watching him climb up the vines, she hoped that he found it,as it had spare clothes, her phone, some power bars, a torch, and a short barrelled 9mm pistol with two clips of bullets. The gun was unloaded of course, as she knew better than to carry a loaded gun on a plane.

"Dinosaurs, no way, he cant mean that..real ones..can he", she said soflty, then she saw her first dinosaur outside a movie. Staring wide eyed at him, she quickly scrambled away from him as her heart pounded. She recognised it, a Velociraptor, pack hunter, big teeth and killing claws, very dangrous.

Backing up against the tree trunk, she froze, almost afraid to move, in case it ran at her. Only it didnt, it merely stared back at her with eyes that showed intelligence, as much as a humans, only the body it belonged to was far from human.
Looking up at him again as he swung down the vine, she again focused on the raptor, then at Richard. "No way, no way, no real, impossible", she said over and over until he spoke to her again.

"Umm,..ummm..yes, thats,,its the..the medkit. Unstable, yes, and the fraccing Raptor there. He wont eat me, will he, I know they ate bigger dinosaurs", she said, saying things that she never thought she would say.

"No,, I..I can walk on my own, and..I'll take the duffel bag", she said and stood up to test her weight. She found that she could walk, but she wasnt up to any long distance running just yet.

Skystomp

Richard shook his head at her reaction and grinned. The reaction was almost universal when it came to new comers. At least she hadn't started swinging at Limix.

Quote from: playfullchick76 on July 22, 2010, 08:25:09 AM
"Umm,..ummm..yes, thats,,its the..the medkit. Unstable, yes, and the fraccing Raptor there. He wont eat me, will he, I know they ate bigger dinosaurs", she said, saying things that she never thought she would say.

"No! How terrible to think that. She. Limix a.. Limix is a female." Now he remembered why english was rarely used, so many extra pronouns to keep track of. Ah well, best to get used to it for the time being until they found a translator willing to interpret. "Limix does not eat other thinking beings. She likes fish." After she grabbed her bag he held out a hand to her. "Come. Limix will not hurt you. I will show you."

playfullchick76

She had never seen a dinosaur, much less a Raptor, one of the most feared ones that ever lived in the flesh. They had all died out when the huge meteorite had  hit and killed them all, ensuring the rise of mammals, who became humans.

She was surprised at how calm it..no..she was, she wasnt about to look between its legs to check if it was male or female, and took his word for that.

"Real..a real dinosaur, and this is..commonplace..here on this island", she soflty replied. Right about now she wished that the gun in her duffelbag was loaded, in case the female Raptor decided that her fish diet wasnt working out for her and decided to suppliment it with her arm or leg.

With her heart and mind racing, she took the bags handles from him and stood up. Letting him take hold of her hand, she let him walk her closer to Limix, her very first real, live dinosaur.

Skystomp

Limix hissed at Richard. "Chuthalana es tupa reshah!" (Do we really need to do this now!)
Richard replied. "Uta. Ech rana meph lostah. (Yes. She needs to know how to say hello.) Hold up your hand to her, palm facing her and say. 'Calm Sprihtack, Shaplo Rintak, Limix' It means Breath Deep, Seek Peace, Limix. A greeting. Remember those words and you won't have much trouble until someone can find you a translator or who speaks english."
Limix cocked her head at Laura and held her hand out as well mimicking the instructions that Richard had given her. Limix spoke first reciting the same words. "Calm Sprihtack, Shaplo Rintak."

playfullchick76

This was insane, approaching a meat eater like this, even one that had sworn off other animals. Still, Limux didnt seem to want to eat her, perhaps there was something to this after all.

Focusing on breathing as she stopped in front of her, she held her hand up, prayed that Limux wouldnt relieve her of it, then said the words that he had told her to say. "Calm Sprihtack,Shaplo Rintak,Limux", she said in as strong a voice as she could.

Instead of lunging at her, Limux merely held her hand close to hers and spoke the same words. A relaxed smile appeared on her face, and she laughed soflty.

"Amazing, incredible.So, are there others here, other dinosaurs.Wait, you said carnosaurs would come.Does that mean that a Tyranosaurus Rex will come charging in here", she soflty said, then held her duffel bag a bit harder. "Ok, lets rabbit out of here then".

Skystomp

Richard watched with interest, this was all second nature to him. She took to it well, she had steel in her even though she was obviously nervous and watched as the nervousness vanished into child-like delight. "I don't know about charging in. But yes, the Rexes and worse rule here. So, if you are ready, we should leave. I doubt your airship will survive once they see it." He bent down and picked up two packs and hoisted the smaller of the two onto his shoulders and handed the other to Limix. "Yes, let us 'rabbit' out of here. Our next stop will be several days travel from here across the Sauropod Bridge and on our way to Waterfall City." He told her starting at a brisk walk through the jungle.

playfullchick76

Sighing as he told her that her plane wouldnt survive up there, she glanced up at it, taking what could possibly be her last look at it. There was nothing in there that was worth taking,and all it was loaded with was newspapers, magazines, batteries and other items, nothing worth risking her life for. Anything that was worth risking her life for was in her duffel bag.

"I'll miss the old girl, she kept me alive, and she deserves better than to be left here to be carnosaur bait", she said, then walked off after her rescuer and his Raptor companion.

"So is all of this island this dangerous, and whats this Waterfall city like", she asked him.

Skystomp

"I must appologize." Richard said a few hours later. "I have been remiss, and terribly so. I have failed to introduce myself. Excuse my rudeness. I am Richard Crabb, and of course Limix my partner. As for Waterfall City? Mmmm that's hard to explain, it's a city that was built by Dinosaurs and Humans a long long time ago. It sits on the western edge of Dinotopia and is litteraly sits above the falls and is the first stop before continuing on to the capital Sauropolis. Makes transportation of full loads much easier when it's all down stream. As to Waterfall itself? It's wet and loud." He said grinning and twirling his mustache.  "It's were all new comers go first to be registered. We try and keep an accurate count of who's who and when and how they've arrived. I think you're the third or fourth who's arrived by air. Most are rescued by the dolphins off shore."

playfullchick76

She listened closely, not missing a word as he introduced himself at last, reminding her that she hadnt introduced herself either.
"Well, its good to meet you Richard Crabb, I'm Laura Reynolds, now former pilot hired by the US armed forces to fly cargo back and forth from the mainland to Diego Garcia", she said as they walked away from the crash site.
"Wow, this waterfall city sounds even more impressive than New York, or Niagara Falls in Buffalo, and Niagara falls has huge waterfalls going for it. I've seen it from both sides, and, I have to say, its a little bit better from the Canadian side", she added.

"Registered, so they know who I am and what I can do. I.. look, this is all..I expect to be picked up once I've contacted the Coast Guard, but until then, I guess I'm your guest", she said, then unzipped her duffel bag and reached inside it. Her fingers found her holstered pistol, took it out and loaded it with a clip. Putting it behind her and down the back of her pants, she rummaged through her bag until she found her cell phone, powered it up and looked for the bars at the top that would allow her to contact the Diego Garcia authorities.

Sighing as she coudlnt get a signal, she held it up, then waved it around, but she still couldnt get a signal. "Damn..I cant seem to get a signal here, maybe I need to be out of this jungle, or a bit higher above sea level", she said, then found him looking at her cell phone curiously.

"I dont suppose that you have a phone that I could use, or a Radio", she asked him, then smiled at the image in her head that appeared concerning shipwreck survivors being rescued by dolphins.

"Being rescued by Dolphins, now thats an image that would look good, very..romantic actually".

Skystomp

"And a pleasure it is to have meet you Laura Reynolds of the US armed forces. Pretty much. Anyone who comes here from the outside world knows things that we don't. Updates on medicine and the various scientific fields are the most common things."

Quote from: playfullchick76 on July 25, 2010, 05:01:00 AM
"Registered, so they know who I am and what I can do. I.. look, this is all..I expect to be picked up once I've contacted the Coast Guard, but until then, I guess I'm your guest", she said, then unzipped her duffel bag and reached inside it. Her fingers found her holstered pistol, took it out and loaded it with a clip. Putting it behind her and down the back of her pants, she rummaged through her bag until she found her cell phone, powered it up and looked for the bars at the top that would allow her to contact the Diego Garcia authorities.

"I don't want to discurage you, but I doubt these Coast Guard are going to rescue you. The storms and reefs that surround Dinotopia have keept us safe from the outside world for a long time. No one that I know of who has come here has ever left. I'm afraid that we don't use phones here. We use Skybax and Crystal Beacond to send messages over great distances. I'm afraid you're small radio there," He said gesturing at the cell phone, "won't last very long here. Dolphins have always liked humans. That's why they're always rescuing cast aways."

playfullchick76

"Scientific updates, ok, heres one. Pluto isnt a planet anymore, theyve decided that its not a planet anymore, but a rogue moon of Neptunes. As for medicines, I dont really follow that field too well, I'm a pilot, not a doctor", she said, then looked at him curiously as he told her that no one left Dinotopia.

"The Coast Guard wont actually get close to the reefs, they'll anchor offshore and send in a helicopter to get me, providing that I can get a signal when I'm in a clearing or somewhere high", she added.

"No phones, ok, I'll use your radio, any radio. I know some morse code, dad made sure that all his kids knew some. A good guy, he would be happy that your looking after his only daughter", she said, smiling to hide how nervous she was getting.

From what he was saying, no one left this island. She didnt think he meant her any harm, and lets face it, if Dinosaurs like Limux were taken off the island and sold to zoo's, it would be a repeat of the sequel to Jurassic park.

"Come on, surely people arrive, get well and try to leave..dont they", she said nervously, then began tapping buttons on her cell phone even faster. "Ok, I have a family out there, who will probably think me dead if I dont tell them otherwise", she added, then sighed as she still couldnt get a signal and put the phone away. If she couldnt find a way to power it up, the battery would die on her, then theres no way of contacting the Coast Guard at all.

Skystomp

"Shento eshas lumma blustabus." Limix said gesturing at Laura. (She has a firearm.)
"Yhu polo.  Et tempolo. Es randana rujuice." He replied back. (I know. I'll take resposibility for actions.)
"We have no radios. Our forms of communication are much different here then what you are used to."

Quote from: playfullchick76 on July 25, 2010, 05:04:37 PM
"Come on, surely people arrive, get well and try to leave..dont they", she said nervously, then began tapping buttons on her cell phone even faster. "Ok, I have a family out there, who will probably think me dead if I dont tell them otherwise", she added, then sighed as she still couldnt get a signal and put the phone away. If she couldnt find a way to power it up, the battery would die on her, then theres no way of contacting the Coast Guard at all.

"Of course most try to leave. I know. My grandfather was a Dolphinback. He hated it here. Tried to escape and didn't make it. He was lucky and survived the attempt. Most others who try don't make it, the lucky ones are rescued by the dolphins again. I am sorry. I can't say I know how it feels, but at least you're not dead and that's something. There's a whole new life waiting here for you, if you can accept it."

playfullchick76

No matter what buttons she pressed, she couldnt get any bars to appear at the top of her cell phones screen. Shutting it off to conserve power, she put it in the top pocket of her jacket. She liked her jacket, a gift from her father one christmas, or birthday, she wasnt sure. A replica of the one worn by her grandfather during WW2, it even had period flying patches on it.

"No radios either, thats going to be a problem, no radios and no phone, means no Coast Guard pickup, and no return home to hear my insurance company probably refuse to pay, wonderfull", she said softly, trying not to sound ungratefull for her rescue.

'No, I'm not dead, I am gratefull for that, I guess its not my time to meet the Reaper", she added, unsure if Richard or Limux even knew about the Grim Reaper.

"I havnt been here long enough to either hate it or love it. Dont think me ungratefull, but, dont think that I'm just going to..accept the fact that I wont see my family again. They wouldnt give up on me, and I owe it to them not to give up either, my parents didnt raise a quitter", she said and continued walking.

"Ok, humor me Richard, what is life like here. You were clearly born here, but your grandfather was shipwrecked here, and from..where", she asked him while keeping her senses extended as much as she could. If a T-Rex did show up aiming  to make her part of its complete meal, she aimed to set it straight. She wasnt sure if the pistol tucked in the back of her jeans would seriously harm it, but it might scare it off, or it might just make it angry.

Skystomp

"Grampa Lee was a salior on an East India company trading ship. To hear him tell it, they were just shy of being outright pirates. Says they went out when they shouldn't during a storm and spent the next several days being hurled all over. When the storm was finally over, he was being pulled ashore by a pod of Coast Watcher dolphins. He was the only survivor of the wreck. Wound up being a scrounger for most of his life." He trailed off for a moment and glanced back at Limix before shrugging and continuing with his tail. "Seems that it runs in the family. Mom and Dad do much the same thing out by Windy Point, mostly harvesting crystals and salvaging wrecks for goods to barter back in the various towns along the coast. As for me and Limix, well... we weren't as attracted to the sea as the rest. So we specilaized in the acquisition of difficult to obtain goods further inland."
"As for life... oh my. I'm not even sure where to begin. Given your flying machine I guess Professor Denison was right in that people would fly with the aid of machines some day. I'm guessing you're use to machines doing all the work for you? Well... if you are, prepare yourself. We don't use many machines here. Partnered with the Dinosaurs we work together and get just as much if not more done. We can do things they can't and at the same time they can do things we could never do, with two minds working at it little gets missed. We care for each others children, partner up when we decide what we want to do or grow up knowing what we'll do if you're lucky enough to be apprenticed to someone like a Horn Blower or Blacksmith. To be honest.. much of this is probably going to make as much sense to you now as it would it me if you told me about your world." He told her honestly one hand playing with his moustache.

playfullchick76

"Oh I can picture that, running up the skull and crossbones, cannons sounding. From what your saying, your grandfather was a borderline privateer. They hit the shipping of rival countries and were protected from prosecution by letters of mark".

"Theres nothing wrong with being a scrounger. If more from my world scrounged, the world would be a better place, but too many people want a new car every year, a new toaster every year, a bigger house. So few people can live within their means anymore. Thats how the Global financial crisis happened, thats a long story though", she said.

"Well, if its safe, I may try to return later to see whats left from the cargo of my plane, see what I can salvage and barter for..something", she said offhand,  hoping that her plane is high enough to be out of reach of whatever Carnosaurs find it.
"We do have machines doing a lot of work for us, but not everything. Humans do still do things for themselves. The industrial revolution did increase the production of things, and put some out of work, but systems merely changed".

"The plane that I came in is only a small one. There are bigger ones, Airbus A380's, Boeing 767's and 787's, that can transport 400 people and more across America, or from new york to london in eight hours. Most of us have cars, motorcyles and trucks to travel around in, its faster and saves time. I cant say that I'm familiar with this..professor Denison, but I'd like to meet him", she added.

"Partner up, you mean marry. I knew early on what I wanted to do with my life, fly. I had artistic talents, but Dad told me to do something with my life that kept me clothed, fed and housed, and being an artist didnt pay the bills. Flying did, so thats what I did".

"You're right, I dont understand your world yet, and you dont understand my world", she said soflty and idly wrapped a lock of her hair around her finger,a nervous habit she had and helped her to think clearly.

"So..what other dinosaurs exist here. I know that you have..Raptors, and T-Rexes, but what else. I used to love making model dinosaurs when i was younger. One of my favourites was a Triceratops, dont ask me why, and maybe T-rexes for sheer scary presence".

Skystomp

Most of what she said to him was incomprehesible. Names, letters, numbers, those made sense, but very little else did. He only vaguely knew what the outside world continents were like and that they were huge. One thing did catch his attention however. "I think you misunderstand. Limix and I are partnered, but we are not married. That's just si.. not what it means." He was treading a little more carefully around her then he would normally, but it was obvious she was lost and making oof-handed comments like that wouldn't help her sense of self and well being. "It means we're partners. A team. You can be a flyer here, but artists are always in demand. We like bright colors. Stone just isn't that lively. So maybe you'll find what you've been looking for. Many times people who arrive here feel lost until they discover something about themselves that they didn't know they had. Or had but weren't using."
QuoteI cant say that I'm familiar with this..professor Denison, but I'd like to meet him", she added.
"He loves machines. When he got here he tried making flying machines. Didn't work out so well. He's currently the head librarian in Waterfall City. He came from the outside world, much like you did, only he did it by sea instead of by water."

Quote"So..what other dinosaurs exist here. I know that you have..Raptors, and T-Rexes, but what else. I used to love making model dinosaurs when i was younger. One of my favourites was a Triceratops, dont ask me why, and maybe T-rexes for sheer scary presence."

"There are many different types here. I can't begin to tell you them all. That would be like... like dividing humans up into different kinds because of skin color or eye color. Most will tell you what species they are if you ask politely. "