Corpse Party - [Horror, Quick Stories, All Welcome]

Started by MissFire, April 24, 2016, 06:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissFire

Kingshead Valley was a small town in Maine. Note the was. Ten years ago it was almost literally wiped off the map when the Koontz Dam burst and flooded the entire town in the middle of the night. It was sudden and the flood waters washed out roads and demolished a bridge, preventing speedy emergency response. Much of the town's population died, either drowned, crushed, or from exposure waiting all night for rescue. Oddly enough, the dam had been inspected just a month before and was found to be in perfect condition. A lack of funding and constantly soaked terrain has prevented any work crews from doing real work on the town, which means that Kingshead Valley has remained standing, rotting, decaying ever since. It has not been demolished or cleaned up. It is a black spot on the landscape, a place of mud pits, collapsing structures, and forgotten buildings. Some of the bodies are even rumored to remain in the town, providing it with an even greater sense of dread. It is the kind of place that should be avoided at all costs.

That just makes it an even more tempting target for highschool students like you and your friends. On a dare or just for bragging rights, you and three friends have decided to drive to Kingshead Valley and explore Arkham Highschool. The challenge is to check out the building, stay until dawn, and return with proof that you went there and back. Doing it will make you all legends.

If you survive.

Little do you know that the town of Kingshead Valley holds a number of horrors just waiting for the unwitting to unearth them. What you also don't know is that one of you..
..is actually a monster in disguise. One of your friends that you've known for years is out to release the horrors of Kingshead and it's going to kill all of you to do it.

The concept behind this is simple; quick 'rounds' of this game wherein either we all win or we all lose. At the start I'll be rolling a 1d4 to determine which character will be the traitor, the monster in human skin. That person will get a PM from me telling them they're the monster. That person's goal is to seduce one person into having sex and kill everyone else - preferably by making it look like an accident. The monster can do hidden actions (things the other characters might not reasonably notice) by PM'ing me these actions. If the monster gets laid and is the last person standing, they win.

But that's not all. There will also be random accidents! Random encounters with ghosts and other horrors. Everything dangerous will be broadcast in narration, meaning that the players won't know if it's something the monster player set up or if it's just a random accident.

Furthermore! The horrors of Kingshead Valley can only be truly destroyed when the true mystery of the town is revealed and a certain ritual is performed, which must be done by someone who has recently had sex. So even if the team figures out who the monster is and kills them, they still lose if they haven't solved the mystery and completed the ritual.

This game is designed to be played through quickly and with multiple runs done before the mystery is solved. Those are the basics. A more thorough explanation will follow and be worked out when/if there is enough interest.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

TheHangedOne

Sounds like a challenge; I like it! Put me down as interested.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!