Roman Campaign: Pathfinder (Interest)

Started by swordwind, March 31, 2015, 11:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulanowa

I was figuring Alize would be a sword-for-hire, possibly to teach technique to one of the younger scions of the house or something - sorta Syrio Forel, in my head.

Without the man-perm.

kckolbe

By the way, I'm not "married" to the Lingering Song feat, so if anyone knows of one that seems a good fit for him, let me know.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

swordwind

Sorry for the delays. My computer ran into some issues. So I'll be getting this started on Tuesday I believe. I'll keep in touch. 

kckolbe

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 07, 2015, 06:57:52 PM
I was figuring Alize would be a sword-for-hire, possibly to teach technique to one of the younger scions of the house or something - sorta Syrio Forel, in my head.

Without the man-perm.

I'd love to see him doing a shampoo commercial now.  "What do we say to split ends?  Not today."

Glad this isn't dead, by the way.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

D12

Oh, that reminds me, I had an alternative idea for how Junia could be related to the family:

She's actually a member of the family, just the leads' daughter, and therefore anyone who's a family member's sibling; but she was sent / given away when she was three so she doesn't really know anyone, they don't really know her. Just kind of "And this is your sister, the deaf mute who can make people do things against their will just by looking at them."
Quote from: Angiejuusan
D12 has earned the power of the GM's Laughter! This does nothing but tell the world you made the GM laugh out loud!

Chulanowa

I'm actually going to bow out of this one.

Have fun you guys  :D

Snake

This one still accepting players? 

And question: why would changelings be looked down upon? Other than Heterochromia, they look largely like whatever race their father is.

Foxfyr

Quote from: Snake on April 14, 2015, 11:48:20 AM
This one still accepting players? 

And question: why would changelings be looked down upon? Other than Heterochromia, they look largely like whatever race their father is.

And the claws, mustn't forget the claws. I'm guessing it is a result of them being offspring of a wicked creature, particularly of arcane nature which is detested in this society.

Muse

I always envisioned those as long, elegant fingernails that a girl could manicure.  :P 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Foxfyr

I more imagine them like the witch from left 4 dead, I mean you could manicure them, but it may require a whetstone rather that your standard emery board. After all, if they are keen enough to warrant a damage die, then you probably don't have to be as concerned about chipping them on anything less than platemail.

Snake

People have manicured "claws" all the time. sa long as they don't look like Sabretooth's claws (from xmen), you could get away with just claiming they're like that :3

D12

Appearances aside, there is the stigma of being a baby that your 'mother didn't want.' I mean it's entirely possible that someone doesn't know their mother was a hag, since they're just the period equivalent of a doorbell baby, but everybody is gonna know that mom isn't in the picture; that plus a general sense of 'weirdness' about them could probably explain any prejudice.

But that doesn't mean daddy doesn't love you just as much as all his legitimate children.  :P
D12 has earned the power of the GM's Laughter! This does nothing but tell the world you made the GM laugh out loud!

Snake

Given how common incest was back in roman days... probably more so cuz he could just say you're only HALF related.

D12

Well, without TV, the internet, or tabletop role playing games, what'd you expect Romans brothers and sisters to do when their parents order them to 'play nice'?   ::) :P

Snake

D12

Attempted siblicide is not playing nice :P

Snake

D12

Well, I guess they would have an 'all over tan' I don't recall Romans as being big on wearing cloths. :P

Snake

Well they do live in the lovely Mediterranean.

D12

There's a reason Junia's equipped with the 'Peasant's outfit.'
mostly because it's lighter than the hot weather outfit.

Snake

D12

Snake

I'm thinking of making a char for this but I prefer to use exotic races, ilke my favorites are ahalf-dragon barbarian the other is n aasimar oracle

D12

Pathfinder doesn't really have half-dragons, not as a playable race anyway. There's the half-dragon template but it's, like, wildly too powerful for a PC to take. There's not really an equivalent to D&D's Dragonborn.

And I'm already an oracle :P

Although it seems like the exotic races aren't really looked well upon. Old timy setting, old timy values I guess. Though what with the religion being such an important thing I could see an Aasimar being well looked upon.

I think what we really need is someone who's the head of the family. We're all working / part of the same noble house / family, but most of the characters thus far aren't really politically ambitious. We need someone who can be in charge, a long-sighted leader who can beat this collection of individuals (perhaps literally) into a party of adventurers!

Snake

The half-dragon template from PF is a little lackluster anyway. 

I may be able to do that. what would you think works: Aasimar Priestess (cleric) or fighter. or Human Rogue? :3