HEROES UNLIMITED! (System style role play.)

Started by Prosak, March 23, 2013, 02:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prosak

Ya, I know, I am not all to original. There are by far, lot's of super hero role plays flying around, pun intended. But, I have one trump. My trump card being, that this is a system style, that uses a real system for hero based role playing. A successful system I may add. Palladium's role playing system, to be exact. The Palladium Books formula, for role playing is an extremely realistic and successful style. With focus on skills, and the fact that there is always room for failure. It is widely loved, and excepted among'st role players. And some may argue, Rifts is a pretty close contender to D&D.

So, what is Heroes Unlimited? Well, it mainly is, your own world, and heroes, and villains. It lacks a lot of core, background. Leaving it heavily free for your own story's, while still providing npc's, with backgrounds. And some world overview. But only as a basic idea, for a gm such as my self to use.

So, what can I be? Short answer, anything. Ever wanted to be a mutant, a gadget user, a super soldier, or even an alien? All is possible in Heroes Unlimited. With, specific arch types for your hero to run under. Then, feats, powers, and equipment to chose. Types are as follows.
Bionics-implants
Robotics
Alien
Mutation
Science experiment- experiment gone wrong
Special training
Psionic (psychic)
Physical training
Hardware-Gadgets
Magic- Magic weopon/item
ETC

How do I join this? Simple, read the core rules I will provide in a link below. It contains rules, how to play, skills, and how to roll out and make a character. Although, before character creation, I must request you pm your hero to me, for exception. Before posting him or her here. If you do so, I wont kick you out, but you will look like a fool, when I tell you to fix something. Sending it my way first, allows me to correct you, without you having any moment of public embarrassment. Not that I would be so cruel, but I have seen this happen in the past. No need to be sad if you screw up, it happens to us all. Character creation will come within a creation thread, dont post them here. When there is enough interest, I will have a creation thread made. And, as before stated. Send them to me for approvals first.

PDF LINK FOR READING, OR DOWNLOAD: Heroes Unlimited - Main Book Revised
This is the revised edition. There is a 2nd, but it is aesthetically the same so it doesn't matter.

If more interest comes my way. I can make an entire sub thread, dedicated to revised information on skills, powers, guns, psionics (Psychic powers.) Mutations, robotics, and so much more. I have every book, from revised, above book. To second edition, all the way to aliens unlimited, Villains unlimited, Powers unlimited. ETC. This request may be small, but lots of work and effort is planned ahead by me. I must also add, that a partner, or co gm, would be nice. In terms of fitting in information, answering questions, and taking things over if ever I am absent.

Rules:

No characters under 16

Respect other peoples kinks, and on's. Meaning, futa, MXM, FXF, and such is allowed. Anything overly out their, should be done in private.

This is more story focused then smut, although it is YOUR, story. So, if you want to be a story focusing writer, great. Just dont snap at poor Windy in the corner, cuss she wants to straddle on every heroes lap. As above respect. This is a free form. So there will be room for everyone, and everything, everyone likes.

No god modding!
short version: There will be power, and bad ass'nes to your characters. But, nothing at a superman level for everyone. Including me. Ruins the fun: No god modding. This applies both to controlling other peoples characters, as well as making overly powerful heroes or villains. That only applies to me, and my npc's. Since, I will be playing the main mentor's out there. For most leveling, and development will be natural. For a select few that KNOW the game as well as I do. Get to have a more... Commanderish level character. But, that will be at a few. And only so that I get some people to watch after this in my place, if ever I am absent.

There WILL, be a weakness for every hero. Or villain. I dont care if it is a fear, a allergy, or something like kryptonite. It must exist. We all have our flaws. Not that you must make it known. In fact, keep it to your self. Just, make sure you planned one out.

Here is a character sheet for those whom feel the core book, is enough.

Name:
Weight:
Eyes:
Hair:

Description:
Picture: (Drawn or live action. Drawn preferred, since this is supposed to naturally feel like a comic book.

Attributes:
(Roll 5d6, take away two lowest. If you don't like your rolls, your allowed to scrap them and repeat until you do. If you get an 18, roll another 6 die, if you roll a 6, roll again. Keep rolling until you roll anything below a 6.)

Derived Attributes:

Life Points : Or hit points if you prefer
SDC: Structural damage capacity: The amount of damage taken before it hit's your hit points.
Initiative : Bonuses to initiative roll, if you have any bonuses.
Character speed:

General Skills:

Related:

Secondary:

Assets:

Complications:

Weapons:

Armor:

Gear:
(Filling out, above. Is more of a wish list. I will determine what you get, or need. Based on your characters power level. If your more of a power hero, you will receive less, then a honed hero. A hero whom honed his/her body, wont recieve as much as a gadget user/Bionic user.)

Powers/Abilities:

History:

Elven Sex Goddess

I am quite interest in this role play.  Having grown up with my dad running Champions campaign for brothers and our friends.   It brings a bit of nostalgia.   

Prosak

Glad to have you aboard! Hope you will enjoy it, when we start.

RubySlippers

Sent in an idea as you wanted for my character. Its a bit  different than my usual ones.

Prosak

Ok, made a char sheet in case people feel the core book, has what they need/want.

kckolbe

I am interested, but need to learn the rules.  Haven't played palladium since TMNT and Other Strangeness as a child.

Question:  Give how imbalanced the different results are on dice rolls, do you have anything to balance this out or anything?  I know when I played TMNT the origins ranged from weakling with a stick to all powerful rich guy based on one die roll.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Prosak

Quote from: kckolbe on March 25, 2013, 06:46:36 AM
I am interested, but need to learn the rules.  Haven't played palladium since TMNT and Other Strangeness as a child.

Question:  Give how imbalanced the different results are on dice rolls, do you have anything to balance this out or anything?  I know when I played TMNT the origins ranged from weakling with a stick to all powerful rich guy based on one die roll.

Hmm, Yes there is information left out.

1) Your right, on origin. I agree, but there is that in the book. It covers it, in a dice roll. For example, your skills and such is determined by rolled packages. Package one is high school graduate. But, for character origin, it will be left to me and you. I understand how people would want to chose for themselves. On who they are, where they come from. Rolling these things may be interesting for some, but to others it is a pain. So I leave it as an option on the table to chose all, except a skill package. Those are rolled. No cheating. I wont be happy if I learn you chose to have a doctorate, rather then rolling it fairly.

2) As seen by ruby above. She apparently, has done it and that is good. But, in case others dont I will place it. If you roll a natural 18 on an attribute, roll another die. If it comes out 6, roll again. Then again. Until you roll anything below a 6. Thus, you get what is called. Above average scores.

Antipaladin of Calista

This looks really good. Care if I join and roll up a character?

Prosak

Sure go ahead if you want.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

I decided on a level for starting. It is level 4. This is the perfect level to start. I do understand the need to feel like a superhero at start. But progression is still important for a role play. So, if your back story has you as something grand, you are that but your at level 4.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Prosak on March 25, 2013, 03:59:09 PM
Hmm, Yes there is information left out.

1) Your right, on origin. I agree, but there is that in the book. It covers it, in a dice roll. For example, your skills and such is determined by rolled packages. Package one is high school graduate. But, for character origin, it will be left to me and you. I understand how people would want to chose for themselves. On who they are, where they come from. Rolling these things may be interesting for some, but to others it is a pain. So I leave it as an option on the table to chose all, except a skill package. Those are rolled. No cheating. I wont be happy if I learn you chose to have a doctorate, rather then rolling it fairly.

2) As seen by ruby above. She apparently, has done it and that is good. But, in case others dont I will place it. If you roll a natural 18 on an attribute, roll another die. If it comes out 6, roll again. Then again. Until you roll anything below a 6. Thus, you get what is called. Above average scores.

Moved character to a PM as GM requested. But my ability scores are affected by the type of characters several of them bump up before figuring in physical training.

Oh how high can skills get I looked at several they are at or over 100% when calculated.

avorae

Hmmm... Havent palyed HU in quite a while. I would like to state my interest in this as well. Need to check to see if i still have my copy of the recvised addition or not.

Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Prosak

Ok, as for skills. They all end at 98. Here is why.

Charlie does not know how to drive. But, although he does not have the Pilot, Automobile skill. He gets a 10 percent chance to succeed. And must roll a 9 or lower on the percentile die, in order to succeed. But, Charlie knows how to pilot a plain. The skill required is 98 percent, the fullest. If he were to roll a 98, or above a 98 he fails.  REASONING: There is always a chance for failure in life. Even things we are the world authority on, we can fail at it sometimes. But on that same not, there is ALWAYS a chance, for success. Even if, we don't know how to do something at all.

Avorae: Glad to have ya aboard. If you dont have the copy, I provided a free pdf in my above starter post.

zenpai

i would like to try but i dont understand the dice roll system
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."