(FF Star Wars) Clone Wars Intelligence

Started by PixelatedPixie, February 16, 2020, 06:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pumpkin Seeds

Endwell

Essentially I'm more than willing to write up a sheet for a Jedi or non force user based on what seems best for the character roster as it stands. Though I admit I'll surely need some help with the details of the system itself. My creative muse and desire to write are soaring but I understand the system is a tremendous part of this.
Take off your clothes
Give me your trust
Look me in the eyes
Confess your lust
I promise I'll love you if you do it
So do it for me...

PixelatedPixie

Quote from: Endwell on February 20, 2020, 12:53:28 AM
I have great interest in this but admittedly no experience with the system. If anyone could assist me with this I would be very excited to work out a character with aims to join this game. Likely a Chiss. If this seems reasonable please do let me know. I'll keep an eye on this thread to check back in :)

There would need to be a good backstory reason for why a Chiss is working with/for Republic Intelligence in this era. I don't think there was much contact beyond maybe Sev'rance Tann and what not?

Quote from: Endwell on February 20, 2020, 12:49:16 PM
Essentially I'm more than willing to write up a sheet for a Jedi or non force user based on what seems best for the character roster as it stands. Though I admit I'll surely need some help with the details of the system itself. My creative muse and desire to write are soaring but I understand the system is a tremendous part of this.

Apply with what you are interested to play.  So far I think there has been only one character application, everyone else is still in the discussion or brainstorming phase.  Do you have access to the system?

ReijiTabibito

Is this drawing in any way from TCW, the animated series?  I've got a character concept.

PixelatedPixie

I am basing it on what sources I have.  So the wiki, some RPG books for other systems, and so on.  But yes the original inspiration is the clone wars animated series (more so than the prequel movies), which I am slowly going through again due to the new season coming out, but I don't think I ever finished it originally or remember it all that well.  Hence the comment about deviating from canon in the first post.

Endwell

Haven't done system games in general so if I need to be pointed in the direction to access the system itself and I'll get situated :)

I intend to work up a couple rough concepts of which you could choose from character wise.

As far as Chiss go they were rarer than not but very much present in the known regions. They were rare enough, however, that most were only known for being "The race Grand Admiral Thrawn belongs to". Sev'rance being the second semi-well known Chiss. Inquisitors being notorious was counter to their purpose. Additionally while learned a great deal about the usefulness of the dark side and was wildly successful her tenure under Dooku was only about a month. That month being soon after Dooku's fall to the dark side and the marked beginning of the clone wars. The sith Empire discovered their home planet longggggg ago which is what began their branching out. In order to avoid subjugation some became agents of the sith empire, some became bounty hunters, and those force sensitive were collected just like the force sensitives of any race. The fall of the Sith Empire is a good portion how a still rather small number of Chiss became scattered throughout the galaxy. She would certainly be unique in that neither republic nor separatists would have very many of them but it certainly wouldn't be impossible. Still I'm not offended if you prefer not. I'm flexible  :-)

I'm going to make a point to have a couple concepts up that would interest me by bed tomorrow evening (friday the 21 that is) which hopefully will have at least one you believe would mesh well with your game.
Take off your clothes
Give me your trust
Look me in the eyes
Confess your lust
I promise I'll love you if you do it
So do it for me...

Mosos

Hello Hello, I am very interested in playing and present the following concept for consideration.

Character name: Zilam Dourn

Species: Human(male)

Career: Mystic

Specializations: Makashi Duelist, Force power: Manipulate, Force power: Bind (Will pick up Magus, and Prophet if I have the xp.)
Personality: Zilam Dourn is a zealous believer in the righteousness of the Republic, baring witness to Separatist atrocities has broken his faith in the Jedi's rules.  Ordered to assist Republic Intelligence by the Jedi council, Zilam uses his powers to interrogate Separatists.

Sample plots for this character: Zilam despises the Separatists, and his hatred is causing him to fall to the dark side. Zilam sees value in a Separatist agent and uses his power to twist her mind.

Smut: 30/70 split in favor of story. As Zilam falls further he will employ more ruthless methods of interrogation. He will use his powers to twist an enemy into an willing ally, servant, and possible apprentice.

ReijiTabibito

BTW, where do I submit character concepts/sheets/whatevers?

redkitsune

I'd be interested in such a game :)

Character name: Lyn Bondara

Species: Twi'lek (female)

Career: Steel Hand Adept (expert in Teräs Käsi martial art)

Personality:
Intelligent, well-meaning and idealistic, a bit naive and honest. Perhaps too honest, as Lyn doesn't like lying and has trouble lying convincingly. Intensely curious and eager to experience everything new.

Background (a very short one, just a sketch of her past and present): Lyn grows up on a remote planet, Bunduki, home of Followers of Pallawa, inventors of Teras Kasi martial art. When she comes of age, the monks (Followers of Pallawa) tell her that they found her on a crashed Jedi ship that was en-route to Corruscant Temple with force sensitive babies. She was the only one to survive.
They hid her from the Jedi search parties (they don't like the Jedi much) and decided to train her as one of their own, in part because that is their way and in part to allow her greater control over her force sensitivity.
When Lyn discovers that she has ties to the Jedi, she leaves Bunduki, angry on the monks who hid the truth, she heads to Corruscant to explore more and learn about the Jedi - she doesn't believe Follower of Pallawa dogmatic views on the Jedi and wants to learn more. There, without knowing it, she helps an intelligent agent to track and subdue a separatist spy. A Republic agent, impressed with her martial art skills introduces her to his boss, and curious Lyn agrees to help Republic Intelligence (for a price, of course - she is a bit naive, but not that naive!)

The kind of plots/themes I'd like to explore: Morally ambiguous situations that would challenge Lyn's idealism, corruption (both moral and lewd), intrigue (and perhaps betrayal). Light vs dark sides of the Force, temptation of the dark side would be nice as well.

Smut: I won't delve into percentages of smut vs story, because I think it should make sense to the story itself first. Dubious-consensual and non-consensual themes are fine (more than fine, really :) ). Corruption of Lyn - transformation from relatively naive to lewd could be interesting to explore. (why relatively naive? because traveling with Zeltrons like Lyn did means usually being seduced by one of them, at least. Zeltrons are known hedonists)
Overall, I like smut, but it shouldn't come at the expense of the story - without a compelling story with believable, interesting characters, for me smut is meaningless.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost...

PixelatedPixie

Quote from: Mosos on February 21, 2020, 09:58:12 AM
Hello Hello, I am very interested in playing and present the following concept for consideration.

Character name: Zilam Dourn
Species: Human(male)
Career: Mystic

Looks interesting!  Are you hoping for him to fall to the dark side?  Do you have any specific thoughts as to how he might hide that?

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on February 21, 2020, 06:24:19 PM
BTW, where do I submit character concepts/sheets/whatevers?

I don't need a sheet as of yet, a concept posted in this thread is fine.

Quote from: redkitsune on February 22, 2020, 12:38:59 AM
I'd be interested in such a game :)

Character name: Lyn Bondara
Species: Twi'lek (female)
Career: Steel Hand Adept (expert in Teräs Käsi martial art)

Looks interesting!  How do you see her interacting with the Jedi as a force user (formerly) from a rival group?

Pumpkin Seeds

ReijiTabibito

Concept.  Got it.  As such.

Character name/Gender: Laag Shysa/Male (yes, I realize this limits my own possible sexual interactions.  If I want to change gender at some point I can do that.)
Species: Human (Mandalorian)
Career: Ace

Concept: Fly-Under-Fire Combat Pilot.  Transports for Clone Troopers, starfighters against the Separatist armada, you name it, he flies it.

redkitsune

Quote from: PerpetuallyAnnoyedCleric on February 22, 2020, 04:37:39 PM
Looks interesting!  How do you see her interacting with the Jedi as a force user (formerly) from a rival group?

Followers of Palawa would have many historical records and writings preserved.
Lyn would have read historical records of the First Great Schism, and the persecution of the first Dark-Side scholars by the Jedi Council. She would have read the writings of Xendor, and thus would have a very different view on the Force than the Jedi - a more pragmatic and open-minded view.
Followers of Palawa taught that the Jedi are heartless dogmatic fanatics who do not accept any views except their own, but after reading about peace-making actions of the Jedi in the HoloNet and in more recent historical records, Lyn doubts that Jedi are dogmatic fanatics. One of the reasons she leaves Bunduki is to learn more about the Jedi, out of curiosity and to confirm or disprove the views of her teachers. If she is right and the Jedi are not evil, she hopes to perhaps make peace between Followers of Palawa and the Jedi Order. ( have I mentioned she is idealistic and a bit naive? :P)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost...

Mosos

Quote from: PerpetuallyAnnoyedCleric on February 22, 2020, 04:37:39 PM
Looks interesting!  Are you hoping for him to fall to the dark side?  Do you have any specific thoughts as to how he might hide that?

Yes he would fall. Working for Republic intelligence they might urge him to go to the dark side without understanding what that means, we never see the Republic display an understanding of forces user outside what the Jedi directly tell them. With no padiwan or master to watch over him there is no one who would know enough to report to the counsel . This would have to change if there are other Jedi in the party.

Hexed

Character finally. :D

Name: Chi

Species: Female Pantoran

Concept: Failed Jedi Mechanic

Specialties: Guardian Armorer with Technician's Outlaw Tech and Warrior's Steel Hand Adept.

Brief Bits: Taken from Pantora at a young age and raised among fellow younglings in the temple. Not the most dedicated of students she was easily distracted by her vast love of tinkering with machinery. Not that the mechanics complained as she was quite willing to listen to their explanations and was small enough to wiggle into the harder to reach areas to fix things. Things continued in a rote of lessons, exercise, tinkering and raiding the library until it was time for her to undergo The Gathering rite. Her near blindness to the basic Jedi sensory techniques led her to wandering the caverns in a bit of a panic and failing the rite. Having failed and with no Master willing to lay claim to her she was removed from the Jedi training and placed within the Service Corpse. Luckily instead of being sent off with the Agricultural Corp she stayed in the temple as a mechanic and part time library assistant. As the clone wars swung into full-fledged assaults, she offered her services to the Republic Intelligence to help support her brothers and sisters on the battlefields.

Despite failing to become a Jedi Chi is content and cheerful with her placement as machines are so much easier than people. Blunt and not afraid to speak her mind she's also learned that sometimes you just need to listen, usually to machines whirling but every now and then she remembers it works on people too.

Notes: Not the best of builds but should be a fun force capable mechanic build. The reason for Steel Hand over a  lightsaber style is because I found some brawl weapons in one of the books that are a kind I've been wanting to use on a character for some time. :D

Craps. Forgot so edit in.

Plots: Fairly open to plots and missions as a whole. That said Chi would jump headfirst for either new tech or things the Jedi Academy Library would use such as ancient documents or holocrons. For Chi herself overcoming her failure and finding a crystal or having a Knight/Master taking time to help her with things she never understood about the force would be nice but probably long term or somewhat off screen things.

Smut: As much or as little as the story calls for is fine. Orgies after all don't happen during combat unless someone fucks up with an aphrodisiac grenade or something. Non-con can be fun as long as the pain isn't there. Beating her during combat or some spanking is fine but pinning her down and wailing on her with a pole while using her just isn't something interesting. And honestly just gets me scratching my head in confusion. That said I'm not quite that good at doing breakdowns so repression is the name of the game.

PixelatedPixie

I have sent a PM to those characters/players I have decided to go with for this game.  Apologies to everyone I couldn't accept and thank you for your interest/effort.