Darkest Desires - Good enough to sink your teeth into...

Started by Esoteric Myobi, March 01, 2010, 02:19:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esoteric Myobi

Centuries ago, there were hundreds of vampire clans. A race that was as proud as it was bloodthirsty, war broke out amongst the clans and the smaller and weaker groups were quickly eliminated. No one can say for certain just what exactly sparked the fighting, but all agree that it had been a thirst for power. Greed.

Green and fertile lands quickly changed drastically into nothing but mere wasteland. The tainted blood of vampires, their ashes covering the land as well as dirtying the sky. So much bloodshed and death that their previous homeland was practically unrecognizable. Blue skies were nothing more than a memory as a gray haze forever colored the horizon at all times of day.

Eventually, with the reason behind their fighting forgotten, continuing to take up arms seemed meaningless. Wanting to maintain and preserve those that remained of royal blood - the original full blooded vampires - peace was settled uneasily as groups banded together to protect their royalty.

Unbeknownst to the rest, three clans – their leaders all from the original bloodline – gathered and plotted together to destroy the others in one last frenzy. Their goal - to exterminate the other pure-bloods and rule over their kind together. Or so they agreed upon outwardly, inwardly the trio wished for nothing more than the unfortunate death of the other two.

Having formed their pact, the three clans gathered their members and raised arms once again, marching against the other clans. As for the other clans, most had been decimated and left with only a few straggling members, others were slowly recovering, and all had laid down their arms under the naive mindset that all was well and peaceful once again. How wrong they were. Taken off-guard, all other branches were brutally slaughtered...save for one.

The leader of this particular clan was led by a female, a necessity for the other three if they wanted to continue a pure family line. She was headstrong and rebellious, following her own beliefs…nothing but a nuisance to the other three. Unfortunately for her, she had already given birth to a daughter, and thus had lost any hope of being deemed useful by the trio. Pure-blooded vampires were able to reproduce, however the females were only able to give birth to one child. As for those who had been turned, they were not able to have children of their own, only being able to 'turn' others as well by sharing a bit of their own blood with their recently drained victims.

With her mother killed before her eyes and the rest of her clan practically wiped out, the young daughter left behind claimed her rightful legacy. Being merely a child, the trio had no use for her as of yet, nothing more than a mere pawn in the palm of their hands.

It is now the year 2010, countless years have passed and the girl has blossomed into a young woman. During the time that had passed, the trio had maintained their positions as equal 'Kings' of the vampires, while she herself had unofficially become the 'Queen'. Her clan, one of the remaining four, has grown significantly and become a small empire. Her people as well as her supporters have grown with time as well. Werewolves, who had once been seen as an eternal enemy to the vampires, were now a separate faction within her clan, serving as skilled soldiers, taking on the most daunting of tasks, and the most skilled were assigned as her own personal squadron. It may have taken several decades to come to an understanding with the wolves, but it had been worth the effort.

Out of the elite squad, one was recently appointed as her guard and rumors say that they are practically inseparable. Some fancy that they are lovers, while others stick to the safer assumption that they are the best of friends. Neither of them ever show more than what their roles require of them in the public eye, but their feelings towards each other are more than just admiration and respect.

Now that she has become a woman, the trio has returned. It is time for her to choose a groom and none will return to their own lands until she has been wedded. Who will she be betrothed to? Will she be able to marry one of the men who had killed so many…including her own beloved mother? Or will she be able to keep them at bay while still protecting her own life and people? Maybe an entirely new path will be tread upon…the forbidden path of falling in love with a species that had so long been seen as beneath them? But will they be able to overcome the many ordeals that await them?

Just a few notes that should be taken by those who may be interested:
  • This will not be a first come first serve basis. Characters will be approved and I will be looking for players with a certain level of literacy as well as consistency when it comes to posting. Also, asking that players provide enough in a post that will give others plenty to work with in response. It's quite difficult to make something out of nothing after all. =)
  • While everyone has muse issues and reality calls insistently from time to time, this is fine as long as other players are given a heads up ahead of time when extended absences are to be expected.
  • This will not be a fast paced game, if anything players probably should not expect to receive a response a day. Instead a gap of two to three days can be the norm, though after a week or two of nothing (as in no post, no OOC, and no PM answers) then that will probably be a problem. So if you know you are one who is a bit on the impatient side, this may not be the group for you. Or if you know that you tend to go AWOL or MIA quite often, then this may become a burden to others.
Although set in the modern times, I would like the setting to be a bit more...what's the word?...Classy. When needed anyway. Vampires are sensual creatures so of course in certain sections of the city it can be rather smutty, while others are more elegant and regal. Then again, this is something that tends to apply to all places so I'm sure we have the general idea.

As you can see from the brief history, there are probably five main characters overall. Of course, this doesn't mean that this game is only limited to five characters only. Each 'clan' can have their own followers, loyal or not, though these followers will all undoubtedly be 'turned' vampires due to there only being four 'pure-blooded' remaining.

When it comes to the actual storyline of what will happen what will not, I think it really all depends on what kind of characters are made. Maybe the daughter really does fall in love with her canine bodyguard? Maybe she suffers through Stockholme's Syndrome and eventually finds herself falling in love with one of the trio? Or maybe the trio decide that she is no longer of use, or is too much of a hassle now, and decide to just dispose of her completely? Plenty of scenarios that can play out, several paths this can go down, and of course I am open to hearing them all.

---------------------Race Description and Abilities-------------------------

Vampires - Masters and Turned

The four remaining pure-blood vampires can technically be seen as 'Kings' and 'Queens' of their kind. Being 100% vampires, their powers and abilities are stronger than the rest. When a vampire drains a human and lets that human drink their own blood, that human becomes a Turned, basically made into a vampire. This results in a Master/Turned relationship. Turned must obey their Master, they find it very difficult not to do so and almost impossible to disobey one of their rulers. If a Turned changes another Human, they would become the Master of said Human though this particular Human would be weaker as well. This results in a large chain of Master/Turned relationships with the powers and abilities becoming weaker the further it goes, or the more Turned a Master has. To keep abilities strong and more prominent for both, it may be wiser to restrict a Master to only one or two Turned.

Since we are going with traditional lore, vampires cannot be exposed to sunlight (cancer overkill?). A stake through the heart (or just something that literally decimated the heart) will also mean death. Garlic is a nuisance, and anything holy can be agitating, or if powerful enough can temporarily nullify their abilities.

Note: When it comes to abilities, I am thinking that characters with a Master/Turned relationship can choose one of the following as their shared ability due to their bond (though of course, it will be weaker) and the Turned can choose another ability as their own unique skill. Masters are allowed to choose two unique abilities. Underlined abilities apply to all Master/Turned and thus are exempt from the list of choices since it is assumed that all will have these abilities. Bolded abilities are the powers available to be chosen as a unique ability.:

• Location Sense - able to know where the other is at all times...maybe not exactly where, but seem to know by intuition.
  • Superhuman - Turned are faster, stronger...harder, better...-cough-...couldn't resist.
  • Glamor - a vampire's natural charm, when used it can 'persuade' others to do their bidding though only for a short while. Depending on the distance between the victim and the vampire it drains more energy, also the more complex the task the more energy needed. Also on a time restraint, aka longer equals more energy. This skill can only be used on humans, it has no effect on other vampires and werewolves.
  • Minor Ability - some Masters may have their own special abilities, this is passed on in a minor form to the Turned. Since Masters are allowed two unique abilities, Turned may choose one of the two as their Minor Ability.
  • Empathy - able to feel other's emotions...pain/pleasure/etc...think telepathy for emotions? Similar to telepathy the clarity of the emotions fade with distance, it is the clearest when touching.
  • Limited Telepathy - able to see brief images and flickers of another's thoughts/mind, also able to communicate through the mind though only at a certain distance. Both of these are under a time restraint and cannot be used frequently due to the amount of energy it requires.
  • Precognition - able to catch glimpses of the future. This ability is sporadic and quite limited. Due to an ever-changing future, what is seen is that person's own interpretation of what will happen...meaning it may not necessarily happen.
  • 'Flight' - no, you cannot fly like Superman, but you can leap ridiculously high distances or jump down great heights and be unharmed. For example, don't try to jump off of the Empire State Building if you want to commit suicide because you'll be disappointed.
  • Invisibility - able to meld into surroundings (like a chameleon) for short amounts of time. As with all other abilities this will also drain energy depending on how visible you are (full body vs a hand) and how long.
  • Telekinesis - able to move objects with your mind. Farther and heavier the object is, more energy it consumes.
  • Illusion - similar to 'mind bending', this skill can twist what a person sees/perceives. Illusions are strongest when used on only one person, the maximum amount of people it can affect at a time is three though this is at its weakest due to being spread so thin and can be easily broken or seen through.
Werewolves

The werewolves, as suggested by Aether, basically follow the usual tales. Since he had given such a nice description below, I'm just going to repeat him here (hope you don't mind Aether). They are pretty much superhuman and immortal like the vampires, however their senses are also much more sensitive. Along with a quick regeneration time (should take a day at least for something really fatal), being immune to diseases, and as well as being allergic to silver in all its forms.

A bit of information of the wolves that will be in play for this game: While there are probably several clans for the werewolves, we are limiting it to just the clan that serves the Altare. Since these would be playing as skilled fighters and protectors, sworn in to serve the Altare 'Queen', I see them as a very proud clan. Basically a clan that would not want to contaminate their numbers with a 'half-breed', or someone they had turned. Thus, the wolves of the Gangrel clan will not be biting anyone with the intent to change them or add to their numbers in that way. Being a pure-blooded clan, they all have the distinct feature of being black and silver backed wolves. Although each can have their own unique feature, being pure black save for a streak of silver is what keeps them distinct from the other clans.

Depending on how often players shift their werewolf characters, I may or may not be putting a limit to the amount of times it can be used in a day. However, whenever a were switches forms, it will take them a minute (or more if seriously injured) and during this time they are vulnerable to all attacks since they are busily concentrating on "I wish I were a wolf, I wish I were a wolf, I wish I were a wolf.." (Just had to put a bit of humor in here... :-))

Humans

As for the humans in this game, they co-exist with the vampires and werewolves, living in ignorance of the affairs of the night. Although most vampires do not openly hunt, some do. Whether it be due to a truly desperate need for blood or just done for the thrill, only they can say. It is frowned upon by the rest of the clans but the troublemakers are everywhere. Sometimes, a choice human is kept as a 'pet' of sorts for the vampire. A vampire with the right amount of control can literally have their own feed at their side for years (until boredom or some other offense occurs) due to their being able to bite and drink from a human (not draining) and thus getting a meal without turning the human. Besides humans being seen as nothing more than a fresh meal, they are also used as sex objects. Some humans who are knowledgeable about the clans either fear them and rebel against them, or want to be one of them. These willing subjects are kept around until they are no longer useful. The few who are lucky enough may find themselves Turned. Those who are unlucky become nothing more than a corpse.

The Fangless

Turned vampires who had taken it upon themselves to remove their fangs. They still drink blood, they just removed their instinct to hunt and feed and transmit their virus. These Turned are vampires who are trying to keep their humanity, clinging to a past that they can never return to. Having removed the symbol of their new life in the shadows, the Fangless are scorned by most other vampires and had been forced to lead lives of exile. Unable to transmit the virus, they cannot Turn other humans. Also, not having fangs, they cannot bite another human in general and drain them the way that all other vampires are able. This means they are unable to drink 'fresh' blood unless it was bled from a cut. (Drink from a cup? No biting and sucking.)

---------------------Character Profiles-------------------------

Name:
Race: (Vamp - pure/turned/fangless, Wolf, Human)
Clan: (Ravnos, Malkavian, Brujah, Altare, Gangrel)
Station: (what do you do in your clan? what purpose do you serve?)
Weapons/Abilities: (We will be playing a free-form game, there is no particular system to be followed so things such as turns and stats do not need to be applied. Just keep in mind that since we are playing without any particular rules, abilities cannot be overpowered and try to limit yourself reasonably. Such as if a powerful attack was just executed you cannot possibly do the same a second later, and so on and so forth. If people end up dying in battle please work it out over PMs first so that the scene will be epic. ;D Let's try to keep the number of abilities limited to two (Everyone has immortality and are superhuman. 'Masters' are allowed two unique abilities, 'Turned' are allowed one unique ability and they can choose one of their Master's unique abilities for their 'Minor Ability'). As for actual weapons, no more than two. Hope this keeps things fair for everyone.)
Appearance: (Don't feel pressured into having to find a picture, if you want to just type out a description that is more than welcome if not preferred.)
Personality:
Biography:

---------------Positions------------------

This section will be updated as the spots are filled so please check back from time to time to see which spots are filled and which are still open. I will fill in the positions after they have been looked over and approved by me. Unfortunately, this will not be first come first serve. Instead, I will be looking for a certain level of literacy as well as a somewhat regular posting rate. This game will not be fast-paced in any way so don't expect more than one post a day at most from other players. Everyone can get caught up in life or be having muse issues and I hope everyone can respect that and give each other time to respond. :-)

Note: I'm just picking out a few random names to help represent the different clans and factions. Feel free to change them if you'd like. Of course, each clan and their members would have a differing function. Also, for the werewolf clans there are probably several different factions however I'm only listing one which would basically be that of the squadron loyal to the 'Queen'.

Trio (Kings):
Ravnos 'King': Aleksey Desaad - Dark Clown
Ravnos Coven members: Sonja Eriksson - Lady Kitsune, Adelaide d’Harcourt - Malina

Malkavian 'King': Jovanus Malkavian - PeacethatPowerbrings
Malkavian Coven members: Pearl - Jellineck

Brujah 'King': Xavier Devar - Xanatos
Brujah Coven members: Danica - Xanatos

Altare 'Queen': Arina Altare - Esoteric Myobi
Altare Coven members: Cara (O'Connor) Altare - Cassiopeia, Lucco Bright - Shihong

Werewolf (Elite Squad): Gangrel
Gangrel Pack members: Torulf (pack leader/bodyguard) - Aether

Humans:
Lucian Crowley - TheHangedMan, Logan Bale - Bluerhythms, Jellineck - Colin Flaherty

Any questions that need to be answered or issues that need clarification feel free to post them here or PM me and I will gladly answer to the best of my ability. =)

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Aether

*waves*

I would like to play the body guard assigned to the Queen Altare.

Myobi, if these characteristics are okay with you, feel free to use them or use them as a jumping off point for your own format.

Grangel is a perfect clan name, lets set that in stone, if we could please.

Also, these will be black and silver backed werewolves.  Theirs is a pure bloodline, weres are bread and born.  They do not believe in diluting their ranks with half breeds, therefore they kill any they bite.  They will initially not be limited to a number of shifts per day as determined by the uses of other players within this thread.  If it is over abused, then there will be limits enforced.  A were takes a minute to change from either form.  During this minute, they are 100 percent vulnerable, as they can not do anything but focus on their transition.  Standard were lore applies here.  Fast, strength, super senses, day long regeneration for major injuries, disease immunity, allergic to silver.

I will post a sheet after I get some sleep  ~.~

Esoteric Myobi

Thank you for the interest, both of you! I was actually starting to think that no one wanted to play ^^; So very glad to see someone biting! =)

Just as a heads up, I've added a bit more detail into the first post. Added more abilities as well as (hopefully) a more detailed explanation of how the powers will work and how they will be handed down, etc. Along with some more information on the races in general.

Jellineck, your profile is looking good so far. I think that before you can decide on what your 'shared' ability will be, you will have to wait and see who else decides to come play and from there you can work out with other players who you would like your 'Master' to be.

One thing is that you may want to see the 'empathy' ability I had listed above. I tried to specify abilities and the like in order to keep characters from becoming overpowered and godmodding (or just any complaints about either).

Any questions, comments, suggestion, etc feel free to ask~

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Cassiopeia

You know I am in as your right hand vamp My ;) Just need to collabs with you a bit >.> This looks so fun.

Xanatos

Name: Xavier Devar
Age: Elder Vampire, one of the oldest; he does not speak of his age.
Race: Vampire (Pure Blood)
Clan: Brujah
Station: King

Appearance: Xavier stands at 5'10" and sports an eternally sculpted body. Nothing about his physical aspects are over the top, seemingly a mix of average and exceptional.

Clothing is something Xavier loves, wearing leather, cotton T-shirts, dress pants, shirts unbuttoned, and more. Everything he wears only accentuates his mystique, his wild side. Even the more normally 'sedate' clothing conforms to his attitude.

Personality: Xavier is not the typical aristocratic vampire, sipping his blood from a chalice of some sort, no he prefers it straight from his victim fresh and warm dripping down his lips, chin, neck, and chest. Unlike many pure bloods who make themselves out to be higher than thou and hold themselves in the greatest light, having arrogance and egos to match, Xavier does not, so to speak. He is more concerned with other things than trying to impress others. He is a down to business kind of guy and burns the bush any others are dancing around.

He takes all things seriously and his sense of humor is dark, most of the time; he has been known to find more light hearted humor funny from time to time, shocking those around him who know him well enough. Very little escapes his notice and this is considered one of his strongest suits as it has allowed him to lead quite well.

The biggest part from where he departs is his starkly contrasting almost feral like behavior. Able to remain civil when needed, Xavier turns to his rather animalistic side when he is not needed to 'behave'. Even then, he can be quite unsettling and menacing if he feels like it.

Many see him as insane, crazy, nothing but an animal, as a risk, some see that he is a smart man with a strange twisted side.

Weapons/Abilities: 'Invisibility', 'Flight'.

(I plan on adding more to his Bio, just posting this to show I am making one.)
Biography: Xavier was born to pureblood parents, long ago. He does not speak of them often, if at all and nor does he speak of his age much either; suffice it to say he is old and his power proves it. Few who still live know much of his parents, if anything, as so few older vampires live. This is the way Xavier seems to like it.

Brujah have always been known to be more sensational and rowdy but Xavier was even more so than others of his clan. Since his past is mostly a mystery it is not known if he was always like he is now or if he became worse with time.

What is known is he survived his pureblood parents and at some point became King, before the last great war which destroyed most of the vampire clans. His rule has been marked by a hard line attitude that, however, leaves enough room to breath. His vampires see him as a solid yet possibly unstable ruler, though most recognize his ability to lead never the less. Some just wish he was more civil all the time; he has been known to act quite 'mad' while in full capacity. This actually being just another of his ways to have fun.

Name: Danica
Race: Vampire (Turned)
Clan: Brujah
Station: Serves as the slave/mistress to Xavier, multipurpose (torturer, courier, etc)

Appearance: Danica is average height for a woman, 5'6", and her body is a little above average. Her bosom is not draw dropping but yet it is still very attractive and salacious, full to the touch, as is the rest of her lithe body.

Danica in her daily life tends to be denied clothing, at least when kept by Xavier; she tends to be naked or wearing tattered, ripped, clothing. When out and about, she likes to wear loose dresses, skirts, shawls, loose fitting pants (no jeans), and a few other items.

Personality: Danica is just like her master; he made her that way. She was abused and traumatized twisting and bending her mind to become what she is now. Xavier purposefully broke her spirit and almost her mind to create a pet which he could thoroughly enjoy. Danica is vicious, feisty, wild at times, and a bit rebellious. At the same time she hates and loves her master.

He is her all which endears her to him yet his treatment can be so rough and at times cruel it creates seething anger hot like a solar flare inside of her, causing tears to shed as she knows she cannot lash out to harm him or kill him. The worse she can do is claw and kick while he uses her body for his own twisted pleasure. Sometimes she enjoys the abuse, other times she loathes it.

Despite being 'chained' to Xavier, she is still an independent and free spirited woman finding her fun where she can when not under foot of her master. She enjoys using her vampiric powers to gain pleasure of some sort or another. She enjoys prowling about in night clubs, seducing men or women, dancing, drinking, and so forth; she is open to many sorts of fun. Like Xavier, though, she tends to be more animalistic or crazed than normal so many unfortunate humans find themselves thoroughly ravaged by her feral desires. One of her favorite things to do is smear blood over her body, and then lick it off; this sometimes is her own blood.

Weapons/Abilities: 'Flight', 'Invisibility” (weaker ability)

Biography: Danica was more or less the normal college student living her life as best she could. Nothing really caught her attention other than her studies. Her beauty was somewhat hidden by her uncaring attitude when it came to fashion or makeup. However, her looks were seen for what they were by a man who watched her intently for months, studying her every behavior and mannerism. He had decided to see if she was the perfect choice for his next pet.

She was so normal, so reserved and almost perfect he had to have to see, and once he knew, had to have her. Danica for her part was totally unaware, then again no mortal would have even noticed the ancient man who stalked her from the shadows or in plain sight.

Soon the 'end' came, so quick she didn't even see it hit her. The last thing she felt before waking in a strange room, was pain in her neck. The next few days were a blur of fear, terror, pain, and suffering. The next few weeks were much the same, only her mind was crumbling, succumbing to the skilled and cruel skill of her new master. It was not long before Danica could not longer remember what she had been like, only knew what she was now; slave to her master and wild like he was.

PeacethatPowerbrings

Name: Jovanus Malkavian (Commonly used last name adopted from his clan, rather than given to it)

Age: Assumed to be extremely old, he may not know his own age exactly.

Race: Pure Vampire

Clan: Malkavian

Station: King

Weapons/Abilities: "Flight" and "Telekinesis"

His usual weapons contain silver in some form. His spear is edged with it, though this can wear off with use and is replaced. His other weapons, are, however, usually generic, as his spear remains his only "original" weapon.

This spear would be inlaid with silver patters, most of which are simply jagged lines carved in the metal, and filled with silver afterwards.

Appearance:

Personality:Jovanus is extremely detached from the world around him, to the point of having lived in nearly complete isolation for many years at a time. His personality is one of philosophical intellectualism, he is extremely intelligent and analytical in all situations, but outwardly displays only the results of those processes. He is viewed as being somewhat irreverent, placing little importance on what other view as such, and extremely arrogant in the appraisal of his own abilities, and, by comparison, those of others.

Biography:
Jovanus is extremely old, and has a recurring pattern of placing himself in nearly complete isolation, with the exception of human servants for food, of course, for long periods of time. To the point where his emergence is often simply because his servants are all dead, despite being, sometimes, the adult children of the servants he took with him.

The time of one of his re-emergences in Vampire society coincided with the period of turmoil among the clans. After the conflict, he returned to his territory, to return to seclusion once more. He remained in seclusion for the vast majority of the time since the great war. His only appearances were, at various times, to turn humans he considered interesting. His turned servants, of whom there were few, and most whom did not survive their first century, serve as the administrators of his territory. His clan is peculiar, in that humans figure prominently in many positions, and in some cases, rank above many lesser vampires. Strangely his arrangement seems effective, as his territory experiences very little infighting, though, like him, the various cities that make it up are mostly isolationist, owing loyalty to him above all, but no other external influence.

His latest emergence, prior to his traveling to Altare clan lands, was in 1945, though the reasons for this emergence are, as of yet, unknown.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Esoteric Myobi

PeacethatPowerbrings: interesting character concept...being a recluse I mean. I like it. Your profile looks good and I'll be adding it onto the list of accepted players soon. ^^

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

TheHangedOne

This looks like it could be a very fun rp. :D I was interested in playing a human character that 'belongs' to a vampire (Preferably a female). Either bringing him into play as one, or having him get claimed some time during the rp. Anywho...

Name: Lucian Crowley
Race: Human
Clan: N/A
Station: N/A
Weapons/Abilities: Pocket knife (as if that'd help much! Kekeke). No unique abilities, he is, afterall, just a blood bag.
Appearance:  5'10 in height, 200 pounds in weight. He does not have a particular body build or much in the ways of muscles, but his legs are thick and powerful; perhaps a track runner, or someone who walks a lot. Hair is long, down to his shoulder blades, and dyed black with large, dark red streaks in it. Has a full facial beard. Chocolatey brown eyes.

Personality: Could best be described with words such as "chaotic good", "martyr", "crazy", "Good Samaritan" .  An intellectually driven individual with a strong sense of morals.  Possesses a lot of strange beliefs, though some of them may just be his odd sense of humor.

Biography: Lucian was born and raised in (wherever this rp is going to primarily be taking place... I don't think I caught that info?). He's always been something of an oddball, and small wonder, after all, his mother runs a fortune telling business and his father is practically the town eccentric.

All throughout his life, Lucian has had a passion for learning new things, often choosing it over more sociable activities. Consequently, as one might imagine, he tends to be awkward in social situations, and possesses few friends.  This suits him just fine, though, for he's an introvert.

His current job is working at a used bookstore, called Bookworm (with this cuuute little picture on the door that shows a worm with glasses reading a book), which his father owns and runs.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Cassiopeia

TheHangedMan - nice profile, glad to see a blood ba- ... er, human around! ^_^  My is planing on playing this almost as if it's a parallel world to our own.  So modern times is the basic set up but no specified location, it'll just be ambiguous, though no doubt she'll be giving a number of details as to look and feel of the environment.  Hope that helps!

Esoteric Myobi

TheHangedMan - approved. I think that after we get some more people then you can decide who you would like to own you, of course, discuss it with that person beforehand and work things out. =)

As Cassi said, it's nice to see some fresh meat coming in..er -coughs- excuse me, I meant fresh...faces..yes...

Anyway, my question is...where are the females?! I'm so surprised that we don't have more female players and characters applying ;o Like yea...no female purebloods besides the 'Queen' but that doesn't mean no Turned vamps serving as loyal little toys..er..servants to their Masters. Of course, more humans and wolfies are also encouraged~ ^^

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kaiten

Did you get the "Fangless" from Vampire Bund?

And nice idea by the way.

Esoteric Myobi

Actually, another friend of mine told me about it but I'm pretty sure he got it from Vampire Bund. =) I haven't actually watched it myself yet but he tells me it's good. ;o

Is it?

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Jellineck

Name: Pearl
Race: Turned vampire
Clan: Malkavian
Station: Independent agent (no official connection to her sire)
Weapons/Abilities: Telekinesis, Illusion

- Her favored weaponsmall series of long tapered acupuncture needles of varying lengths. She has made herself especially familiar with where to stick these to induce varying effects, occasionally aided by an unnatural poison. When finesse is pointless, she wields a sickle with considerable ruthless skill and agility.

Appearance:

Possessing inky black tresses and intense dark eyes, Pearl is considered by many to be a rather cold beauty. Indeed, her fair porcelain skin and unyieldingly upright posture tend to suggest a certain chilly lifelessness. Her long slender frame is constantly decked out in the latest expensive fashions. She particularly favors shades of white and is almost always seen in them. With eternally immaculate hair and very lightly applied make-up, it is evident that she invests a good deal of time in her appearance.

Personality: Proud to a fault and fiercely independent, the vampiress is perhaps as icy as her appearance suggests. She enjoys the distance that the reclusiveness of her clan leader provides. Every aspect of her personality rebels against the idea of being a toy, and she disdains the other Turned that occupy such positions. Pearl is perfectionistic and somewhat quick-tempered. She enjoys fighting and the satisfaction of slicing open the throat of a fallen opponent. Becoming utterly flawless is a personal goal of hers; she has used her many years to acquire many abilities and areas of knowledge. Such dedication leaves her little patience with social interaction. Although she enjoys toying with people and occasionally cowing them into brief and unpleasant affairs, she generally remains aloof and reserved. This extends to other creatures of darkness - she often finds them presumptuous and irritating.

Biography:

Vanity was the sin that eventually took her life. After the Yellow Slave Trade that took her worlds away from home, the early 1920's saw her blossom into a stage actress named "Pearl." She forced her way into wealth and status through her appearance, sheer ambition, and the era's fascination with oriental mystique. Numerous indiscretions, however, lead to a series of jilted lovers. Everything shattered the night one pressed her face against the furnace of his factory. Hideously disfigured and driven to madness, she wandered the streets in search of means of her revenge. It was then that Jovanus Malkavian found her. Recognizing him as one of the oni her mother had whispered about in her childhood, she begged for a fraction of his power. And without ever explaining his reasons to agreeing, he gave it to her.

It has been years since she has seen him last. Pearl moves from city to city, life to life. She maintains a low enough profile but enjoys a luxurious lifestyle. Jovanus is a complete enigma to her. Occasionally, she feels his vague thoughts at the corners of her mind, his presence lingering somewhere in her peripheral vision. Such visions, though, are likely only a product of the blood bond they share.
“If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” - Tallulah Bankhead

Esoteric Myobi

Jellineck - liking the new profile, accepted.

I'm assuming that you had probably talked things over with PeacethatPowerbrings then, or will do so in the future anyway. =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Jellineck

“If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” - Tallulah Bankhead

Esoteric Myobi

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Lady Kitsune

If its stll free, I'll take the Ravnos coven member and put up a profile first chanc I get.
I am working on it, I swear!

Esoteric Myobi

It's still open. =) Also, I'm thinking each coven can have one or two members to keep things lively with interaction. (Wasn't sure if that was clear or not). At the moment we don't have a King for the Ravnos coven but hopefully we will soon.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Lady Kitsune

Name: Sonja Eriksson

Race: Turned Vampire
Clan: Ravnos
Station: Second to her King.

Weapons/Abilities: Two Daggers  Sonja prefers to kill up close and personal.  She also has the ability of Illusion.

Appearance: Long dark hair and grey piercing eyes, the pouty-lipped Sonja is an ethereal beauty.  She stands at 5'5" and is small waisted and lithe.  Curved and graceful, she has no qualms about using her body as a distraction. 

Personality:Sonja speaks her mind regardless of the trouble she may bring upon herself.  She approaches situations fearlessly and dispatches anger ruthlessly.  She is stubborn but has a quick intelligence that she uses to manipulate those around her.  She can be charming and enjoys seducing others to her desire.

Biography:   In 1697 she was known as the Lady Sonja, daughter to the Duke of Holstein-Gottorp. Visiting the princess in Stockholm's Three Crown's castle, she was courted by a mysterious man.  Handsome and alluring, Aleksey Desaad, charmed her.   He was a gentleman and against her better judgement; the warnings of her peers, she fell for him.  His darkness captivated her, her innocence was his both body and soul. 

On the eve a great ball, Aleksey pulled her aside and spoke of strange things.  His words left her heart beating with fear and she returned to her rooms.  It was not long before there were screams of fire and she found her self trapped in her rooms.  Unable to escape out the window, she collapsed to the floor, thick smoke and red hot flames, depriving her of air.  Despair filled her and she knew she was dying, tears of of things left undone, left unsaid, fell from her eyes only to dry up from the intense heat.  Glass shattered over her prone form and from the window, like a dark god, he was beside her.  Sonja was rescued but on one condition.  That she serve The Ravnos King and stay at his side for eternity.  Not wanting to die, she readily agreed, sealing her fate.  That night, she was taken into his dark embrace and Sonja crossed over and became a Child of the Night and the castle left behind her in ruins.  Her only thought was his words.  For you.

Sonja has learned many things over her years and as she 'lives' on, her heart grows colder and the joy of the hunt and kill infuses her.  She does what she can to please her Master and now she will help him once more.  The time has come for the Altare Queen to choose and though it pains her, she will assure her King's place at the new Queen's side. 

(Will possibly add more later...again)

Esoteric Myobi

-cannot stop staring at Sonja's chest- ::)

And accepted =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Aether

Sorry, have been overcome by the virtual flood of mine own creation.  Still trying to iron out my profile, will be here shortly.

Xanatos

Nice profile Kitsune. Looks like this game will have a lot of good players.

Lady Kitsune

Thanks, Xanatos.  I try.  *had agonized over history*

Esoteric Myobi

Name: Arina Altare
Age: Several centuries younger than the Kings, but still several centuries old herself
Race: Vampire - Pure blood
Clan: Altare
Station: Queen
Abilities: Empathy, Precognition

Weapons: Staff and Daggers - Kept in the memory of her late mother, the matching bronze, silver, and gold daggers and staff are more a memento than for actual use. Most times she will have one of the daggers on her person while the other two and the staff are used only when needed.

Appearance: Forever seen with an unnervingly calm expression, it is very rare for her almost expressionless face to show anything else. Dark raven waves frame her heart shaped face, curling down her back and stopping just above her waist. Smooth porcelain skin practically glows softly in the dark, pale save for flushed full lips and blemished only by a beauty mark on her left cheekbone. Large eyes of turquoise seem more green than blue, and many times seem to be staring into the soul of the other as they quietly judge from a distance. Many times, she seems taller than her actual height of 5'4", almost as if her regal stature is giving her extra height. Petite and slender, her body is lithe and moves with an almost feline grace. Toned but soft and curvaceous where needed, she almost has an hourglass figure.

Personality/Biography: Unlike the other vampires, Arina is seen as quite eccentric. Instead of going along with the usual trend, she set out to make peace with their long sworn enemies and managed to come back successful. Perhaps it is an inborn nature, a hate for war and all bloodshed, that caused her to open her arms to them. If asked, she simply says that the two species are more alike than they think and even with all their differences there is no need to kill. As with the werewolves, she also treats the humans and the Fangless well. While blood is a necessity for her people, the humans are not treated like complete garbage. Though still viewed as beneath her, she respects them for their purpose, both for their production of blood as well as the everyday tasks that humans can so easily carry out during the day and at night. Very simply put, Arina strives for a civilized society, she hopes to someday ease the scar that vampires had created throughout history. To change the mindset that they are just bloodthirsty killers who only revel in pleasure.

Quiet and composed, it is rare to see Arina angered. Very little saddens her and unlike the frail and fragile impression that she first makes, the centuries have made her rather cold as she hardened her heart against weak and needless emotions. Feelings of fondness are rare and limited to a very few exceptions, but even this feels slightly hollow to her as if she has lost the true joy of it all and am only feeling a memory of the reality. Thrown into her current position at a young age, Arina closed a part of herself away at the death of her mother and practically all of her coven. When the war was over due to the trio's conquest, Arina and the remains of her coven struggled to survive and slowly she not only learned to pick up the reigns that her mother had left behind but also began to slowly bring others to her side.

The Fangless were the first to join Arina's coven as she did not ridicule them and brought them out of exile, providing them a life in the open instead of hiding in fear. The werewolves were a later addition but soon proved themselves useful and the Gangrel pack quickly established a position for themselves in the Altare coven. Her treatment in these regards brought scorn from many vampires and her humane acts towards what others deemed nothing besides food caused many to look down upon her. Very few understand her feelings and intentions and possibly none can truly know her. Unknown to most, Arina is not extending such generosity to a group of misfits for no apparent reason, instead she works to keep them happy and content in order to earn their loyalty. All in preparation for a day when she needs to be protected the most, and only numbers will matter at that time.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Aether

NAME:  Torulf, old norse, thunder wolf.  Chosen name given by his sires sires sire for exemplary rule of the Norwegian Pack.

AGE:  Proven ascension 842 A.D. unofficial birth year ~750 A.D.

CLAN:  Gangrel

STATION:  Assigned body guard of Altare, pack leader of the personal squad.

WEAPONS / ABILITIES:

Were's do not have special abilities.  Having said this, Torulf is known for his exceptional keen smell.  Above and beyond what is considered the norm for his kind, he is able to identify the race of a killer if he is able to investigate a murder scene within 24 hours of occurrence.  He can then identify the identity of the killer if he is able to sniff him closely.

Torulf has been trained with a dual bladed pole arm that is pure silver.  The quelling of the inferior infestations of were half breeds have made this weapon invaluable.  His training focuses on his ability to ignore the pain associated with contact with this weapon.  Many blades formed of silver like it amongst the pack are signature weapons of the Gangrel and embodies their hatred for the lesser packs. 

APPEARANCE:

I like Professor Lupin and how he was done in Harry Potter.  Therefore, Torulf will be a tall and lanky looking Were that moves about quite comfortably on his hind legs.  His bulk moves nicely upwards to present him as a seven and a half foot tall creature.  He is midnight black with golden eyes.  The hair down his back and his tail is gleaming silver.  He is missing part of his left ear.  Otherwise, this is a good picture.

This is Torulf’s appearance in human form.  He is a bristling Scandinavian and often dresses the mercenary in leathers and utilities.  He stands six foot six and weighs two hundred forty five pounds.  He is solid muscle.

PERSONALITY:

Torulf spent many years with the Dali Lama learning to control and funnel his rage into concentrated bursts of manic energy.  His calm is glacially formed, and immense, thick walls that are transparent.  His eyes are the window to his soul and when his ire is raised, you can see them flash with it.

He speaks with a heavy accent, and the tone of his voice is very deep.  His words are sparse, and chosen with efficiency.  When he is ranting and blowing off steam, he goes off in Nordic, his voice literally singing.  His actions are also straight to the point.

He is a hard worker, and likes to work with his hands.  When he is not protecting, he is building furniture that he sells to the local stores that boast in true norweigian or rustic pieces.

Though quiet and restrained, he is no less passionate than an average.  If anything, his strict mental focus allows him to better convey his desires and feelings.  Try having a heart to heart talk on the subject of romanticism with this Viking and try not to gape and stare in the process.

BIO:

The year was approximately 750 A.D. in a little valley nestled in the mountains.  He was born to full were parents who had learned to live among humans without arousing any suspicion.  Life was good for him, and he had accepted his differences from the children he played with dayly.  He had accepted humanity and the existence in being a were.  Nothing could disturb his tranquil existence.

It had to have been in his late teen years or his early twenties when his existence ended as he knew it.  A pack of ruthless and hungry weres attacked his village just before dawn.  He survived, but only because he had been knocked out cold during the struggle.  His parents had not been so lucky.  Nor was a majority of the village.  It was sacked and burned and half eaten corpses littered the landscape.

He mindlessly wandered for days on end, alone and heart sick.  There village was pretty isolated, and it seemed that he could not find his way out of the area in which the maddened pack roamed.  He came upon one burnt out village after another.  Fortunately for him, they were eating man flesh and had left normal foods alone.  He did not go hungry.

Then, one fateful night a couple months later, the moon was full, and he was running in his true form.  He was found by the Grangrel.