[NC][Seeking More Players Who Want an In-Depth Game!] Burden City

Started by Lady Reign, September 28, 2010, 01:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil1989

Coolness, will get a post up tomorrow sometime.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Aiden

Welcome to the force, sober the hell up and get on the streets, Burden is infested with crime.

Vergil1989

Lol yes sir.  "Sneaks a drink as soon as his back is turned..."
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Aiden

Seeking active criminals, victims and investigators

Looking for something more than sexual predators.

Burden is a live city, there is much to do and prey on the poor victims.

LimitlessNikkie

Act I. The Profile
Birth Name: Aria Ann Kennon
Name: Aria Kennon
Alias: N/A
Sex: Female
Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Currently a Tattoo Artist
Role: Victim
Alignment: Neutral

Act II. The Diagnostics
Height: 5’7
Weight: 108lbs
Hair: Long red hair
Eyes: Green
Skin: Fair
Birth Mark: Nope
Tattoos: several links are featured here: ribs left side, right hipleft shoulder, face and collar bone (note can only be seen under black light), right leg, also an infinity symbol on the inside of her right wrist and an old Victorian style key on the inside of her left wrist.
Distinguishable Mark/Scar: Nope
Model: Susan Coffey Devian art link, Model Mayhem link

Act III. The Dossier
Likes: bright colors, the sound of a tattoo gun, fresh sketch books, extreme sports, running, the smell of jasmine, adventurous partners, experimental sex, and dominate partners.
Dislikes: People who live by the rules, anything broken, noncreative people, boring vanilla sex, flip flops, and slow drivers.
Attitude: Aria is calm and observant most of the time, she loves to have fun and is extremely impulsive giving little forethought before jumping in feet first. She bright and happy but not aggressively so, she doesn't strive to be the center of attention but most of the time is noticed anyway. She's open and honest and never lies (though will avoid answering if needed). She doesn't believe in regrets in any form and faces each problem or mistake with a level head. She loves to be in love and finds herself in love more often then not, she always is either involved with a guy, just getting over a guy or just getting involved with a guy. Her life since the age of 12 can be time lined by the guys she's been with. She hold nothing of herself back from people if she thinks it or feels it she says it with little embarrassment or shame, she thinks both emotions just keep us from embracing who we really are.
Habit/Twitch: She sketches during her idle time, her taps her fingernails or foot when bored, plays with her hair while flirting or stressed and has to have chocolate chip cookies when she's sad.
Quote: We don't create art, we live it.
Weapons: pepper spray in her purse and a hand held taser.
History: Aria grew up in Burden across the street from Lexie Sanders. The two were best friends growing up, spending endless afternoons playing in Aria's back yard but as they grew older they went their separate ways as many childhood friends do. Lexie took up the family trade and Aria dove head first in to what would become the love of her life Art.

Aria first showed talent at a young age but that talent just continued to bloom at she grew up and by the time she was 14 she'd sold several sketches to galleries as well as a few paintings and made a tidy sum drawing likenesses in the park on weekends when she had nothing else to occupy her time.

Her teachers praised her with having a talent that was undeniable and amazing but while Aria loved art she found little joy in selling it for a major profit. While her parents planned and plotted on how to make her the next big thing Aria was busy finding her own way threw life. Her own way had her running away with a boy she fancied her self in love with at 16.

Since then she'd traveled the world finding her own way most often in the company of a man who she fancied herself in love with. To be honest Aria's favorite hobby besides drawing was falling in love, she did so often and would easily admit far too easily most of the time. She's suffered more heartbreaks then most but would admit she wouldn't change a thing, each one was a lesson and a story all to itself one she couldn't have gained any other way.

She made friends with other artist and sold her own pieces along the way when ever she ran short of money or the mode hit her but most of the time she kept all of her own work giving it away to other artists who gave her works of their own in trade. She loved seeing the world and just kind of making her own way threw it with no set direction or course to take threw life. The freedom of it all was what she loved best.

At 20 in the company of a few friends she was living in Miami a friend of one of her boyfriends was learning to tattoo but was having problems with his drawing skills. Being the person Aria was she offered to teach him and was soon noticed by the friends mentor and he offered to teach her as well.

Aria thrilled to the new venue finding a pleasure in creating tattoos that she never fully found in paints or sketches. Her natural abilities translated over to tattooing quiet nicely and it wasn't long before she had a full schedule and a waiting list.

She went on tour with a few artists to help get her name out among the people and during the tour one of the stops was Burden. In Burden Aria met up with a guy and ended up staying. The relationship quickly fizzled but Aria stayed just the same opening her own shop and settling down in a place for the first time in seven years.

Possible Crimes for Victims
[Yes - No - Attempt]
Robbery: yes
Kidnapping: yes
Assault: yes
Arson: yes
Blackmail: yes
Forced Criminal Activity: yes
Rape: yes
Murder: yes (please PM first)

AngelsDemonsCode

LimitlessNikkie, welcome aboard to Burden City again.

I'll be putting up the accepted character profiles soon, I promise.

Queen Be Damned Sheiba

Act I. The Profile

Birth Name: Unknown
Name: Alexis Denton
Alias: Minx
Sex: Female
Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Assassin/Enforcer
Role: Criminal
Alignment: Minx has only allegiance Thomas. Where ever he sides, she will do the same.   

Act II. The Diagnostics
Height: 5'7
Weight: 129
Hair: Alexandra's hair color changes pretty often, but for now, her hair is black with light brown highlights.
Eyes:Blue with a bit of a green tinge to them
Skin: Pale
Birth Mark: Her birth mark is a strawberry mole on the bottom of her foot.
Tattoos: She has a Celtic T tattooed on her left buttocks which was given to her by her Master.
Distinguishable Mark/Scar: None

Act III. The Dossier
Likes: Alexandra's likes are rather simple. She likes to please Thomas and will do anything he tells her to do, both sexually and in everyday circumstances. She trust him completely and knows he won't give her more than she can handle.
Dislikes: One thing Alexandra does hate is incompetence. She thinks it is a complete waste of life and is more than happy to exterminate incompetent people. She's terrified of needles for reason's neither her nor Thomas know. She also dislikes skat and vore.
Attitude: Alexandra is blunt. Most people would consider her to be rude, but she simply tells the truth. She's the wrong person to ask if your dress makes you look foot. She'll tell you it does without realizing her words might be hurtful. She's an excellent friend to have and a terrible person to piss off. The one thing that sets her off is when someone angers Thomas or "Daddy" as she calls him.
Habit/Twitch: Well it's not much of a tick, but She has an orange  cat bag that she always carries with her. No one really knows what's inside, and the people who've found out end up dead.
Quote: "Let's play a game. Heads I when, tails you die." "I really hate it when people piss of my Daddy..."
Weapons: Alexandra carries two blades and a m9
History: Very little is known about just where Alexandra came from. Her first memories start at the age of 15 when she first met Thomas. She couldn't breath and water surrounded her everywhere. Something.... no someone grabbed her and dragged her from the water, laying her on the street An angel she'd thought. The first words she remembers were.

"Looks like this little Minx is still breathing."

From that day on she dedicated herself to being whatever that man wanted her to be. He trained her to kill and she became one of the best at it. She devoted herself completely to him and learned how to please him in anyway.

AngelsDemonsCode

Amelita

Um, sorry to be a nag, but...

My character in Burden City is called Alexandra by birth, known as Alex, and her criminal alias is Shadow.

Please change that in this profile, yes?

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Queen Be Damned Sheiba

I can change them both. Mostly she's called Minx. She just needs a name for her id.

Amelita

Alexandra is all right, it's mainly the "Shadow" bit that I don't like ;)

I'd appreciate if you'd be a darling and remove that. Shouldn't be a problem since she goes by another alias anyway ;D

-hugs- thank you :-)

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Queen Be Damned Sheiba

Okay. Problem has been solved. Alexis is her new new name lol.

Aiden

Queen Be Damned Sheiba, what about Thomas? Did you find someone for that role?

I was thinking of throwing up my own character, a bank robber, con man and if the roles fit then I can work with you on the profile of Thomas and play him.

If not I will just go with the idea I have brewing in my head.

We are still looking for cops, criminals and victims.

A victim does not have to be on the reviving ends of crimes, we are looking for people who want to live in this crime infested metropolis and have "normal" lives. They can involve themselves into the story if they wish or just be friends or family to the police/criminals or other victims.

Queen Be Damned Sheiba

Would you please Aiden? That would be awesome. My one thing is Thomas has to be smooth. Like his mannerisms make people trust him almost instantly

Aiden

Aiden

Act I. The Profile
Birth Name: Thomas McManus
Name: Thomas McManus
Alias: "Daddy"- To Minx  "Godhand"- Crime alias
Sex: Male
Orientation: Heterosexual
Profession: Criminal/ strong arm robbery, weapons trafficking and distribution
Role: Criminal
Alignment:  Neutral

Act II. The Diagnostics
Height: 6'2
Weight: 165
Hair: Very Light Brown
Eyes: Hazel
Skin: Pale
Birth Mark: No
Tattoos: "Only God can Judge me" -Written in Latin, located from his left to right shoulder blade, underneath an Irish Celtic Cross, running down his spine, ending at his lower back, the tattoo spanning his entire back.
Distinguishable Mark/Scar: Cleft Chin

Act III. The Dossier
Likes: Hockey, Baseball (Red SoX), Sports bars and attending sporting events, taking life a day at a time with whatever it brings. Seeing his "Minx" happy, their relationship in his eyes is "unique." Puzzles, scale models and Trivia. Visiting Boston and his family. Movies/cinema.
Dislikes: The Yankees, The British (people in general, developed by his parents/grandparents), waiting, Disloyalty, those who hurt his family.
Attitude: Silver Tongued, Rather Easy Going (granted you do not piss him off), Very meticulous and focused on physical fitness.
Habit/Twitch: Curls and cracks his fingers when he is agitated, drums them on a hard surface when he is about to lose his patience.
Quote: "Men are fallible."
Weapons: Dual Taurus PT92 (stainless) - 9mm
Famas- Used when he needs some stronger fire power
History:
Thomas was raised by second generation children of immigrant parents in Boston, Massachusetts, his birth and hometown for much of his life. Despite being being fiercely patriotic, both his parents (Father) and grandparents (Grandfathers) true loyalty belonged to the IRA. His grandfather having served and still spoke and dreamt of a fully independent Ireland. The family business was never truly "legit" but in the deeply Irish and Catholic community, everyone had their hands in the underside of the world. Robbery, assault, extortion it was all common within the community as long as the people being victimized where not Irish them self. The crimes were justified for the constant discrimination they were forced to endure as a community.

Thomas might not have been academically skilled, but he posses a "street smarts" like very few can see. He is known to use his looks and charm to talk his way in and out of trouble at will. Frequent trips to the old country soon proved that he was expected to serve like his grand father and father did before him, the devotion he had for his family had him doing it without a second thought. He held no rank in the RIRA and he was even ordered to move away from home as he was placed in charge of overlooking the weapon trafficking in a new unclaimed chunk of land, Burden city.

Like most cells, he did not report back to command, he did his job and was expected to live a normal life, but found himself unable to do so. He knows how to hijack armored cars, rob banks and extort and offer protection, but no longer living in his neighborhood he does not have his friends to back him up. Thomas was not the type to live an average life.

Meeting Alexis "Minx"

Living in Burden, he made a name for himself as a strong arm thief, hijacking armored cars and money drops but always lacking the back up for larger jobs. He made friends slow as he did not fully trust anyone not from Boston but made a few acquaintances to help him on his jobs.

Meeting Alexis was the greatest mistake of his life, on a sunny summer day four masked and heavily armed men burst into Burden Trust, a large bank after they were tipped on a huge cash holding. Everything went perfectly well until one of the robbers grabbed a hostage, knocking the girl out after a silent alarm was tripped. Alexis quickly opposed the idea of a hostage, finding no need for one but as the argument was heated and they were getting away the girl was dumped off a bridge over pass into the ever chilly river that runs through the heart of Burden City. Unable to see an innocent girl die needlessly, he risked himself and left the escape vehicle, forfeiting his cut as he dove after her. The robbers were later caught and all sent to prison, none ratting him out as they did not even know each others faces nor names. Pulling the young girl out of the water was a feat on its own, when she was safe he had the decision to tell the truth or act the role of her savior.

She quickly took a liking to him and he did to her as well, life had been lonely without a family and at times he relied on her more than she did on him. A relationship grew on the foundation of guilt and deceit, she was a foster child who never came back home and questions were never asked as she was never added to the list of runaways. Her training began quickly after she moved in to live with him. Alexis is a very focused on physical fitness and sports, it was easy to get Minx to follow him around and participate. Her training was masked after he convinced her that it was for her own protection if he was not around and she quickly excelled which pleased him greatly.

While he would hesitate to tell her the truth if she ever asked, he would be relieved to tell her the truth even if it meant destroying the one thing he treasures a lot. The two are like any other couple, out in public they appear "normal", the two travel back to Boston, go out and spend lots of time watching movies or participating in hobbies in between jobs and hits. Alexis prefers to stay low in the radar, unsure if Minx will be by his side if the call to serve the RiRA ever comes.

Currently he supports the movement with weapons trafficking but he is just another dormant solider waiting for activation to fulfill the wishes of a aging and vnaishing generation.

Possible Crimes for Victims
[Yes - No - Attempt]
Robbery:
Kidnapping:
Assault:
Arson:
Blackmail:
Forced Criminal Activity:
Rape:
Murder:

Queen Be Damned Sheiba

Aiden

Writersblockade

*smiles* I'm interested in an investigator role, but I'll have to check out the game a little more, to see if I can keep up with you guys!

EDIT: I might as well post my guy while I have him.

Act I. The Profile
Birth Name: Samuel “Sammy” Jenkins
Name: same as above, but most people have a tendency to call him Jenkins
Sex: Male
Orientation: Heterosexual
Profession: Officer of the goddamn Law
Role: Investigator
Alignment: The Law

Act II. The Diagnostics
Height: 5’11
Weight: 180
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Dark Chocolate
Birth Mark: none
Tattoos: Marine Corps. Insignia on right bicep, “Semper Fi” written above
Distinguishable Mark/Scar: None
Act III. The Dossier
Likes: Music, Movies, and Criminals who resist arrest. Sexually, he’s pretty vanilla, outside of his voyeuristic tendencies. Fetishes include curvy women with big asses and/or large breasts. Will frequent the occasional strip club when off duty.
Dislikes: Stooges too stupid to talk, and criminal middle management too rich to stay in jail. And small dogs…absolutely hates small dogs. As far as sex goes, this particular character won’t do bondage, rape, watersports, scat…outside of that, check out the preferences.

Attitude: Sarcastic, Cynical, and completely at home with his new position in Burden City. He acts like he’s been there forever, and can come off as a little cocky. To him, criminals are criminals. Lock em up or take a chance with paperwork and IA by putting them down. He’s not a black and white, by the book kind of character. Life has given him a very interesting set of experiences where he feels that the very notion of crime will always exist, as such, he is more likely to overlook someone’s minor law infraction, especially when that person can help him land bigger prey. After all, he wants to do the big game hunting. As to the notion of crooked cops, well… as a Marine, there was a bit of an unspoken rule about selling out your brother. He’s found that the same attitude exists in the police force. He won’t rat someone out that’s he’s seen on the take, but he won’t work too hard to pull their asses out of a fire either. Simply put, you reap what you sow.

Habit/Twitch: Named his service pistol “Irene”
Quote: “Just as every cop is a criminal, and all the sinners saints…”
Weapons: 9mm pistol, handcuffs,some plasticuffs, a riot stick and a bullet proof vest. Keeps an Benelli M1 Super 90 shotgun w. pistol grip in his trunk that he likes to keep handy…you know, for close encounters.

History: Jenkins grew up hard. Take your pick. Alcoholic mother, absent father, or no real family at all, it doesn’t matter. He wasn’t home enough to experience the failings of those that birthed him. He had enough of his own trouble running with a group of kids who thought they were big enough to hold weight. He found independence and respect from his peers…until he got pinched. Then he saw that he didn’t have shit. There’s a quote from Grandmaster Flash’s “White Lines” that drew a perfect parallel to his situation:
QuoteA street kid gets arrested, gonna do some time
He got out three years from now just to commit more crime
A businessman is caught with 24 kilos
He’s out on bail and out of jail
And that’s the way it goes

When it all boiled down, he wasn’t as big as he thought, but he was lucky. Like something straight outta a movie, he was given the permission to join the military or face jail time. Hard time. It was no real surprise that he found himself in warm-up clothes doing  jumping jacks at the crack of dawn, but when he found himself later ducking RPGs and shitty spray and pray militias on “police actions”…well, he wondered if making little rocks outta big rocks would have been the better choice.

He survived (barely)  and found himself without a real need to make it a career. Though he loved his brothers in green, he couldn’t help but see his situation as half full. Jenkins has a long memory, and he saw his position as little better than when he was first arrested, so he put in his walking papers and used the veteran perks to actually get an education on something other than dismantling his rifle and seedy off-base strip joints. With a little can-do attitude and hard work he thought little of at the time, he was able to graduate with a four year degree in Business Administration. Though he loved the job he was able to land, despite its headaches, but he found himself missing something. Purpose, perhaps. He’d spent a good amount of time defending people who’d never knew his name, but that defender side of him never fully left when he walked.

Maybe he wasn’t as much of a cynic as he thought.

Police Academy was a minor bump in the road for him and even while a patrolman, people knew he had what it took to go Detective. Politics, whoever, were a bitch and those slots went to those less…suited for the task. Burden City happened to have a shortage of Investigators, however, and one look at a paper could tell you why. Batman would have a hard enough time here, so why the hell would he be stupid enough to apply? The answer was simple. That’s where the action was. Grudgingly accepted with a shining list of recommendations, Jenkins was welcomed into the house that crime built, and given the keys to shine the grime, one day at a time.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

AngelsDemonsCode

Hey Writersblockade, it's great to see you interested in joining the game!

However, I'm going to need to ask if it's possible of you to add more in to your Likes, Dislikes and Attitude since that's what everyone will be focusing on when they read your character's profile. When I mean add into the Likes and Dislikes, it means to give a bit more depth in not only what are the normal items/peoples/etc he likes or hates but also what are the sexual things he might or might not do.

Writersblockade

*ponders* Okay. I'll see what they feel like!

EDIT: okay, changed it a little. I would want to point out that I'm looking more for a little character play than an excuse to get my character's baton wet, though I wouldn't say no to IC sex that makes sense.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

AngelsDemonsCode

Writersblockade

*cheers*

Good times! Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do...? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you!?
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

Aiden

Nice, a new cop! Welcome to the team Jenkins, drinks at 6pm down at Mcgintys.