Magic RP w/TheStampede

Started by Dani13, September 25, 2011, 04:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dani13

(Starting from the Train)

Max shoved his luggage up in the back of the train. It wouldn't fit! "I swear, if nothing else, I'm going to leave some books at home...maybe." He chuckled to himself as he shoved the last part of his suitcases into it. He had a cat for his animal, a sweet pure black cat that went by the name of Kima. She went with the train conductor as he said good-bye to his parents.

He climbed into the train, looking around the hallway and started walking towards the back, a book hidden in his shirt. 'Just some quick reading,' he thought, the potions book pressed against him.

TheStampede

Audrey, was dodging around larger, intimidating students, as she walked towards the back of the train. If only she could find an empty compartment. As she was walking she felt her foot catch on something. Then it happened.

"Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry," She whispered to herself.

She was laying flat on the floor. She had tripped over something, perhaps someones foot, and now she was laying with her face to the floor, looking pathetic. Surely no one else had ever done something this humiliating on their first day. She pushed herself up off the ground, and started walking again at a faster pace, staring at her shoes.
"If you stay right where you are, then people will eventually come to you."

Dani13

Max jumped in his compartment. He had heard a 'thud' from somewhere out in the hall. He put his book down, opening the door to see what happened. He saw a girl on the ground, looking very upset. She got up and started walking back down, looking uncomfortable.

He hollered. "Hey! You alright?" She had short blonde hair, he noticed. 'Hufflepuff? Maybe...' He motioned at his compartment. "Come on in if you haven't got anywhere else to go."

TheStampede

Audrey stopped and thought for a moment. Surely things couldn't get much worse. She quickly dashed inside the compartment, muttered "Thank you," and sat down. She glaced at the boy who had called out to her. She noticed his short black hair and the scar on his cheek. She then looked back down at her lap.

Dani13

Max shrugged. "S'alright." He sat opposite her, his feet propping up on the bench. He took his potion's book and flipped through the pages, seeking the potion he had been studying. "So...who're you? Know what House you'll be in?" He glanced over at the girl.

TheStampede

"Which...what? Oh, I'm Audrey. Audrey Reed." She started to blush furiously. She felt her face growing hot, which made he feel stupid.

"What do you mean by 'house?'"

Dani13

Max blinked, putting his book down to look at her. "The House. You know, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Griffyndor?" He sighed. "I'm probably headed for Slytherin or Ravenclaw." He shrugged. "It's in the genes, you know?"

He leaned back on his hands. "I'm Max, Maxwell Samuels but I go by Max. Pleased to meet you Audrey." He grinned. "How come you don't know about it?"

TheStampede

"Well, I don't really know anyone else who's a witch or wizard. I mean, I have a great-aunt thats obsessed with paranormal stuff, but I don't think that she really knows anything about actual magic."

Audrey looked up into Max's eyes. She hadn't noticed what a beautiful shade a of brown before. She quickly looked back down again, feeling her face turn red for the third time since she got on the train.

Dani13

Max chuckled when Audrey blushed. 'Cute...wait, ew! Girls are weird...right?' he thought but shook it away. "So...you're a muggleborn?" He raised an eyebrow. "Cool, I guess. I dunno."

He shrugged. "So, you've really never done anything with magic before?"

TheStampede

"No. I haven't really seen anything magic related except for when I went shopping for my school supplies." Audrey lowered her head even more. She had to be the most pathetic person at this school.

Dani13

Max nodded. "Most muggles are like that, you know?" He shrugged, laying back out. "The lady with the treats should be coming around soon. We can get some Bertie Botts. I love the cotton candy ones."

He grinned. "Oh, what kinda animal did you get? I got a cat. She's so cool."

TheStampede

"I didn't get a pet. I've never really cared for animals to be honest. So, it's not weird for me to not know a whole lot about magic?" She lifted her head up but decided to look at Max's chest instead of his face.

Dani13

Max nodded. "Most of the halfbloods or muggleborns don't know anything at all about magic." He shrugged. "I'm a pureblood, got raised around it."

He noticed her looking at his chest instead of his face and thought it was weird but didn't say anything. He showed her his potion's book. "Potions are my favorite. I like making things and making explosions. Did you read any of the text books yet?"

TheStampede

Audrey nodded. "I've skimmed though The Standard Book of Spells. Charms seem really interesting. I think it would be cool to make something float around. I looked at the potions book too. It sounds a lot like chemistry, so i imagine it can't be too difficult. What do you think?"

Dani13

Max nodded, smiling. "Exactly! Not too hard if you know what you're doing." He looked up as the snack lady came around, asking if they wanted something to eat. "Hey, she's here. What do you want to eat?"

TheStampede

Audrey listened to the old woman list everything the trolley carried. As she did, she realized how hungry she was.

"I'll take a box or Every-Flavored Beens, for Cauldron Cakes, and a couple chocolate frogs."

Audrey quickly opened the box of flavored beans and ate one. She almost immediately spit it out.

"It...tasted like plastic..."

Dani13

Max had a few chocolate frogs, along with a big box of Bertie Botts and Blood Pops. "Yup. When it says Every Flavor, it means Every Flavor. Once had a Pepper flavored one. Sneezed for a week." He popped one in his mouth, spitting it back out on a napkin. "I'll never look at toilets the same way again..."

He sighed and grabbed a chocolate frog.

TheStampede

Audrey ate her cauldron cakes, and then watched the changing scenery outside the window until it started to get dark.

"Do you know when we are supposed to get there?"

Dani13

Max looked out the window, thinking to himself. He grabbed a frog before it could jump, biting it in half before answering. "I think in a couple more minutes. Better start getting dressed."

He got up and dragged out a robe before looking over at Audrey. "I'll just...go to the bathroom and get dressed." He laughed nervously.

TheStampede

"Right. Okay." Audrey laughed nervously back. As soon as Max was out of the door, she pulled the blinds down on all the windows. She changed quickly. Once she was done, she opened the blinds again.

Dani13

Max changed in the bathroom, switching his clothes for the standard robe of Hogwarts. He looked over it. It was very smooth and velvet-ish. He liked it.

He made his way back to the door of the cabin. "Um...a-are you done, Audrey? I don't wanna just...yeah, so are you done?"

TheStampede

Audrey jumped at the sound of Max's voice. She wasn't sure why she reacted like this. The pulled the door open to let Max in.

Dani13

Max chuckled. "Thanks." He nodded at her before entering and he took his book to put up. The train slowed down a bit, then stopped completely. A voice started calling out for first years. "I guess that's us, then."

TheStampede

"I suppose so. Do you want to lead the way?" Audrey followed Max off of the train and on to the platform. She tried hard to stay next to him. All of the people  rushing off of the train at the same time made it difficult to do so.

Dani13

Max glared at all the people that seemed to crowd them. He grabbed Audrey's hand so they wouldn't get separated. After a few minutes, he finally pulled them both towards the boats that the Groundskeeper was motioning to.

He sighed and sat on the edge of the boat. "Oh my gosh, I hate crowds." He shook his head. "You ok, Audrey?"