Horror, Mystery, Macabre RP idea

Started by Quinz128, July 13, 2015, 07:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quinz128

There has always been this lingering feeling inside of him/her. Like their life was incomplete. Like something was always missing. The only time he/she felt whole, complete was when asleep. Why is this? What is it that makes him/her feel this way? There was always some things that felt off when out and about. Even when young, he/she could see shadows, feel things that others couldn't. Medication helped, but eventually they stopped working and he/she had to get to a new one to keep his/her mind from wandering.

Things started getting weirder, now, though. It feels like something is contacting him/her. It feels like someone unseen has been calling lately. Symbols, shadows, even voices are coming to whisper in his/her ear. What is this?

This is meant as a non-sexual RP, though it will have a dark tone to it. Overtones of death, a macabre atmosphere, supernatural effects. The pragmatic character is welcome to this, even a genre savvy one, in fact that might be more interesting. I didn't want to give away spoilers for my ideas, but monsters and spirits will find their way into this RP after the initial introduction. I want someone to string along on this adventure, to try and figure out what is going on with them or, if they want, just to try and live their life with what is going on as they slowly seep into madness at the changing world around them.

If this seems inappropriate in a non-adult request, it can be moved, but this is not meant to be sexual, but quite dark and to try and put in my horror cap. I have reasonings for all that will go on and will offer clues, I just want to be a GM to a player that is interested in this. The character and overall status of the world can be modified, but not the aspects of it. You want a completely normal modern world, fine with that, preferred setting there. But if you want a world with anthros/furries, can do, want to make it more Renaissance, or more in feudal japan, sure. Just discuss the setting with me and I am sure it will be fine. However I will nto go past a low-fantasy setting in terms of 'realism' as if magic is everywhere it could ruin things, since people will just believe these 'visions'.

Vanna Lane

This sounds fun. I might be interested. What kind of ideas do you have?
~ I once dreamed of a love that even time would lie down and be still for ... wishes do come true! ~

Quinz128

Hi there, This was a kind of blurring of two realities type ghost story. The visions the person has can be interpreted in various ways. It has been a while since I have written a horror story, but I want to work on it having a lot of descriptions and basically GM the adventures this person goes through. The characters and time are open to the player to choose. They can be human or they can be anthro or they can be something different. But the world they live in must be rather mundane, so there would be aspects of historical accuracy if we go beyond this modern time. Regardless of the time, the general idea doesn't way, it is timeless. It will allow you as open as you can be to try and resist the monsters, accept them or try to figure out what is going on.

Vanna Lane

~ I once dreamed of a love that even time would lie down and be still for ... wishes do come true! ~

Quinz128

Excellent! What kind of character and time would you like? I can set it around that preference of yours.