The musings of a writer (Max and Irish)

Started by xxmaxinitxx, January 27, 2013, 02:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xxmaxinitxx

Hello dear! We can talk in here about the role play and what ever you want to really ^_^

Aislinn

Very nice!

Okay...you start off with your basic idea and we will go from there...
"I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

xxmaxinitxx

Well. you kind of picked my basic idea :p Hmmm. I guess mainly I just want there to be many different branches of magic. I also like learning more as we go, gaining new branches, and I like adventure type role plays. What about you?

Aislinn

~thinks about it for a moment~ Well, you could do something where the characters are essentially dropped (somehow) into a different world and they have to learn as they go because they know nothing about it. That would cover the fact they would essentially be creating the world as we go. It could be possible that they have powers associated with certain spheres of magic in that world but they would be latent until something triggered them.
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

xxmaxinitxx

Okay. We could work with that. Your other idea only limits the characters to a certain type of magic though. I like getting to play with all of them ^_^

Aislinn

~shrugs~ Doesn't mean that they can't...I'm just used to writing with the person being able to connect with one type of magic. It could be that this world is different and people can tap into all of them, provided the right trigger.
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

xxmaxinitxx

*laughs and smiles* I'm kind of the opposite :p  Would you prefer to only be able to use one type of magic?

Aislinn

Quote from: xxmaxinitxx on January 27, 2013, 03:09:49 AM
*laughs and smiles* I'm kind of the opposite :p  Would you prefer to only be able to use one type of magic?

~curls up in his lap and shrugs~ I'm good with whatever...it doesn't really matter to me. You'll find that I'm pretty fluid with my writing.
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

xxmaxinitxx

*wraps my arms around her and holds her against me* I don't really like just creating everything though. I don't feel like role plays run well like that. That's why I leave most of my options so general. I like working with my partner to plot it all out.

Aislinn

Quote from: xxmaxinitxx on January 27, 2013, 03:15:35 AM
*wraps my arms around her and holds her against me* I don't really like just creating everything though. I don't feel like role plays run well like that. That's why I leave most of my options so general. I like working with my partner to plot it all out.

~lays her head on his shoulder and thinks~ I know...I'm just saying that I'm adaptable...

So we have a situation where a pair of adventurers...(unknown to each other and randomly chosen) are dropped into a brand new world that they know nothing about. Can access all the different types of magic given the proper triggers...but can as well use weapons.
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

xxmaxinitxx

*kisses the top of her head lightly* Being adaptable is a good thing ^_^

Okay. Sounds good so far ^_^ We should probably set up the magic we want to incorporate, as well as at least a general smattering of a plot before we get started. But as for right now. It's nearly 4:30, and I have work in like 4 hours. So I really should go to bed.

Aislinn

Quote from: xxmaxinitxx on January 27, 2013, 03:23:05 AM
*kisses the top of her head lightly* Being adaptable is a good thing ^_^

Okay. Sounds good so far ^_^ We should probably set up the magic we want to incorporate, as well as at least a general smattering of a plot before we get started. But as for right now. It's nearly 4:30, and I have work in like 4 hours. So I really should go to bed.

~yawns and smiles at the kiss~ I just got comfortable.... :'(

..but I understand...
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

xxmaxinitxx

*smiles and brushes her hair away from her face* You could always come with me you know. I wouldn't mind the company ;p

Aislinn

~laughs softly~ I probably will go to bed too......it's 1:30am and it's not as much fun when you aren't here....
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

xxmaxinitxx

*gives you a light kiss on the cheek* I'll be back on tomorrow after work. *smiles and gives you a hug* Have a good rest of your night and morning love.

Aislinn

~smiles at the kiss~ Goodnight, love...may sweet dreams find you...
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

xxmaxinitxx

Aislinn

I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

xxmaxinitxx

*laughs* I didn't know if you were on or wanted to talk or things like that. It was just a "Get her attention in the 'check new posts' Link"

Aislinn

~smiles~ I see...Well I thought with my greeting, it was apparent that I was happy to see you
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

xxmaxinitxx

*smiles and hugs* I posted the hello before I talked to you in the Doormat :p

Aislinn

Ah...I see. You are forgiven then...~hugs tightly~ How was your day? Any new thoughts on the rp?
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

xxmaxinitxx

Lol yes. Sorry about that *snuggles* it was good. Happy to be done with work until Tuesday. Not really. I think we can pretty much get started on it.

Aislinn

~snuggles back~ I thought you wanted to iron out a few more things?
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Aislinn

~looks around the room, finding it empty~

Okay...I'm going to go for now...I'll be back later.
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”