Basic Fantasy RPG [Four Players Wanted]

Started by RubySlippers, April 27, 2011, 09:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Looking for some players for a nice classic retro-system focused game. I'm not fussy about writing skills and am only really looking for serious players that want to stick with the game if I run it.

www.basicfantasy.org

Rules are free.

Optional rules used - Gnomes, Half-Races (half-elf etc.), Combat Options, Thief Options and whatever else I feel like using. No alignments its assumed your heroic whether noble or scoundrel heroic your still a hero or heroine.

Dice rolls 3d6 (re-roll 1's) in order, place one 18 in one stat after that and raise Con to 12 if its lower. Level 1. Maximum hit points and starting gold [180gp]

Classes wll be Cleric, Fighter, Magic-User, Thief, Combination Classes (assuming race is acceptable for it as listed in the rules) plus the Fighter/Thief (any race other than human and half-ogre).

Accepting four players. Post here first if interested and then you decide on classes.

jaimey

I'd love to get involved, if you don't mind somebody a little bit new to the system.

RubySlippers

Its not hard to learn think of it as early versions of DnD ,they can't say that, mixed with some modern concepts brought down to a simple level. And the rules arre FREE!!! They even have a fast track rules for players to just jump in on the downloads section of the game site.

And players unapproved or on consideration for a time period feel free to play to, no use your not having some fun while you wait. No open hanky panky though over PG-13 though its not an adult game and is in fact quite light hearted in spots.

jaimey

That sounds perfectly awesome to me. I'd like to get into something like this, since I actually haven't ever done D&D. Plus, anything to help me integrate into a group and while away some of my upcoming summer hours sounds awesome. I can always go elsewhere in the forums for adult-oriented content, that doesn't bother me one bit.

And I think I want to be an elf spellcaster, if that sounds alright.

RubySlippers

Lets see who else we get but go and roll stats up using yon dice roller. I might suggest if you meet the requirements an elf combination class Fighter-Magic User they get a decent hit die and can cast spells in any armor plus use any weapon. Its not a fast progressor though in advancement however. But come on you can wear plate mail, carry a shield and cast spells its not a bad option. And would fill in two core class slots.

You need a Strength of 9 and Intelligence of 9.

Or a cleric they need a Wisdom of 9 and are nice also.

jaimey

Okay, I've figured out my elf's stats, but I'm lost as to how to complete the rest of the character sheet... Any help?