For The Crown [New Positions Open =D]

Started by LimitlessNikkie, June 19, 2011, 05:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LimitlessNikkie

For The Crown

The kingdom of Theiri has been battling on and off with the kingdom of Aserit for the last hundred years but things have come to a boiling point. Plotting has taken on a new edge and while both had been content before with just winning minor battles and proving their supremacy now conquest is only in mind weather it be by open war or treaties and overthrows in the shadows.

The kingdom of Theiri has always been know for their arts, music, and their belief in intellectual and sensual exploration. A kingdom that thrived because of it's craftsman and artist who created lavish good to be traded threw out the land and an expansive trade network that supplied the lands with rare medicines, spices and opiates. Citizens of Theiri fall into several categories but all are known for their love of pleasure. From the queen with her gardens to the lowest commoner watching the outdoor theaters everywhere there is something to for fill a desire. Though in comparison to Aserit they are not a war nation they take pride in their swords man who fight with grace and their masters of unarmed combat who make each deadly move look like a dance. They were more diplomatic but when it came to open war boasted a small but highly skilled arm of horseman and knights. They're royal family was small though with only 2 living children and little hope of producing more. In recent years the rich nation has fallen though, creating the immediate need to resolve the conflict with Aserit. With trade roads blocked and constantly having caravans robbed or captured the treasury is running low and in need of replenishing or they'd need to disband their small arm just to survive then it would only be a matter of time until Aserit conquered them completely.

The kingdom of Aserit was know for their military and their entire culture revolved around it. They were always at war with a few bordering country's and in size more then double their neighbor. The people were patriotic, supporting their king in his choices always. Family also meant a great deal to the citizens of Aserit offences to another family as serious as an offence to them, themselves. They're swordsman where things to be feared from large men wielding broad swords to lithe females agilely cutting the air with a rapier, and they're archers were next to none. If it wasn't for Theiri's natural defenses they theoretically should have taken the kingdom by now. Their royal family boasts a middle ages monarch, two heirs and a plethora of daughters. But while the nation was land rich it was poor, near constant war draining the treasury to the point they'd taken to stealing Theiri's trade goods to fill the coffers. The nation needs resources and has set it's sights on the resource rich Theiri to supply the need.

In the hopes of gaining an edge The royal family of Theiri has extended an invitation to the royals of Aserit in under the guise of peace talks to come to their castle in their capital city. Anyone with political aspirations can tell the time is ripe with opportunity. Cunning, could win a second son, a daughter or a well blooded noble the crown if one was smart enough, quick enough and willing to dirty their hands. Will you serve your king? Your country? Or yourself? For king? For country? Or for the crown?

Gypsy Information

In a band of forested area the width of a days hard ride spanning several days ride long between the two great kingdoms of Aserit and Theiri lives a small band of Gypsies. The gypsies are mainly entertainers and thieves who have survived by being completely natural in the war between the two kingdoms. They are a closed society as far as everyone knows, one that excludes the outside world. They travel to trade and entertain other courts and would harass most travelers who passed through their domain.
They visit Theiri regularly and once in a while throw a fair in Aserit as ways to get money or earn trade goods they can't make themselves. They live in a small village and are accomplished horseman and there knife throwers and archers are legendary. Many tell stories of those who would jump through the trees with ease chasing them as they fired arrows at them chasing their pray through the untamed trees.
There is only one road through the forrest and it goes right through the gypsies town.

Roles Available:
Bold roles are needed, italics are not first come first serve but best profile. Crossed out roles are filled and no longer accepting applications. As interest increases new factions and kingdoms will be added so check back if the role you want is filled something simmilier may open up at a later point.
Rogues need to be PMed to me for approval along with an idea of how your going to play them within the set world(yes they take more work because they are harder to incoperate into a political game but your ideas are welcome.)

Theiri
King of Theiri - peterhere
Queen of Theiri - Aya
Heir of Theiri - Shaitan, octopusdreams
Princess of Theiri- Joslyn, octopusdreams
Nobles of Theiri  - Red Doctor
Extra Characters Theiri - LimitlessNikkie ~ Fool/Spy

Aserit
King of Aserit - Eeyore
Queen of Aserit - NileGoddess
Heir of Aserit - octopusdreams
Prince of Aserit - TheHangedMan
Princess(es) of Aserit - DarkRose15, Avella
Nobles of Aserit - snake
Extra Characters Aserit - octopusdreams ~ Handmaid/Spymaster

Nydewia
King of Nydewia - Rhaegar14
Princes of Nydewia (Kings brothers)
Princess of Nydewia (Kings sisters) - Avella
Nobles of Nydewia - MarissaSeraphOfInsanity
Extra Characters Nydewia -

Gypsies
Gyspy leader - AngelicBlade
Gypsy second in command
Gypsy Emissary
Gypsy Musician
Gypsy Performer

Rogues
Extra Characters Unbound - Domshark ~ Assassin 

Aserit and Theiri are no longer accepting application. Thank you.

Applications submitted not using the bio outline coding will not be accepted

[float=left]YOUR PICTURE HERE!!![/float][size=14pt][u][b]The Basics[/b][/u][/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] real and look
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b]
[b]Player:[/b]

[size=14pt][u][b]The Look[/b][/u][/size]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Hair:[/b]
[b]Eyes:[/b]
[b]Skin:[/b]
[b]Anything else:[/b] (i.e piercing, tattoos, anything unique to you)

[size=14pt][u][b]The story[/b][/u][/size]
[b]Likes:[/b] not just sexual but this is where you put that as well
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b] what are you like?
[b]Habits:[/b] odd quarks that define you.
[b]Skills:[/b]
[b]History:[/b] Once upon a time...

Brag about this game with Game Signatures!

[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=110747.0][img]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/4/43/Crown.jpeg.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=110747.0][img]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/3/3c/ImagesCA2QQIPY.jpg[/img][/url]

Game Links
For The Crown Wiki
Character thread
OOC
Castle Theiri
The City of Theiri
Castle Aserit
The City of Aserit
Castle Oasis of Nydewia
The Deserts of Nydewia

TheHangedOne

Hmm. I'm interested in playing an Heir of Aserit whose studying to be a general (If their's two heirs, than that means one of them's first in line for inheritance; I'd be playing the second one, who may very well never become king).  I will work on my profile later.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

LimitlessNikkie

TheHangedOne

This is a work in progress.

The Basics
Name: Henrik Aserit
Age: 17 (Appears to be in his late teens/early twenties)
Sex: Male
Orientation: Straight
Role:  Prince of Aserit (and aspiring general)

The Look
Height: 5'10
Weight: 200 lbs
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Skin: Caucasian, average
Anything else: A scar on his left cheek from a training incident, a few more on his left arm from battles, slight stubble on his chin

The story
Likes: Big breasts, combat, studying strategy, roasted chicken, mead, Autumn, the smell of burning oak.
Dislikes: Politics, politicians, bandits, unknown circumstances.
Personality: Henrik is generally a calm and quiet individual. Quite intelligent, perceptive and analytical; skilled at data projection and contingency planning. Supremely confident, bordering on arrogance. Rarely flies off the handle. Usually a nice fellow. Somewhat aloof. Lives by the phrase "Always be prepared".
Habits:Henrik does not let his guard down unless he is alone. When he walks, talks, dines, drinks, or does anything in the company of another, he always seems ready to drop everything he's doing and draw his sword. Also, that sword? It does not leave his side. If it has to, he almost surely has a hidden knife or other implement on hand.
Skills: Sword fighting, dagger fighting, spear fighting, strategy, commanding, campaigning, horse riding, reading and writing, mathematics.
History: Ever since he was a young lad, Henrik found himself captivated by warriors. He admired them, and their were too many times to count when, as a child, he slipped out of the care and view of his tutors and caretakers so he could watch the knights train themselves, or to go sneaking around the barracks.

By the time he was 13, Henrik was getting what he wanted; some of the finest instructors of his kingdom to train him how to properly wield a blade.  Pretty soon, he found himself training alongside the other soldiers, usually to their chagrin; but over time, he became "one of the guys" with his easy going personality, much to his parents shock (after all, a prince shouldn't be spending all his time with the pike fodder soldiers, should he? Yet, still, he got his way in the end.

Naturally an intelligent lad, his other instructors saw fit to further hone his mind. Around the time he was 15, he was already studying strategy, and showing a natural inclination towards it.

As play begins, Henrik has actually just returned from a battle, he and his unit--known as the Bloody Ravens-- being honored and congratulated for a swift and decisive victory. Henrik's abilities to lead from the front lines of battle earn him much respect from the soldiers under his command, even as others caution him about the folly of jeopardizing his life.
Check out my poet tree!

LimitlessNikkie

Looks good Hangedman, I've marked the prince of Aserit as yours. I hope we can get enough people for this.

TheHangedOne

I finished it up. I might alter his age and history (in reference to ages) when I know how old the Heir is.
Check out my poet tree!

Joslyn

I might be interested in this one, but I'm curious if this is going to be GM run with an ongoing plot? I've been trying to avoid overly collaborative games lately due to how easily they seem to become rudderless and stall out. :\

LimitlessNikkie

Alot of this will be free form with the characters deciding how to react to the to the obstacles and incidents I throw in to keep the story moving so it doesn't stall out.

Joslyn

That's good--I prefer freeform over system games, I just wanted to make sure there would be some GM direction plot-wise. :)

I'll try to come up with a character and post it later on.

Joslyn

The Basics
Name: Juliette Greycastle
Sex: Female
Orientation: Bisexual (though she has only been with women)
Role: Princess of Theiri, Baroness of Greycastle, former soldier (Major, leader of the Ghosts).

The Look
Height: 5’4
Weight: 105 lbs.
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Pale
Anything else: Juli is very fit and slender, though not muscular. Her eyes make it obvious that her family tree is not entirely of the Kingdom of Theiri. She has a few barely noticeable scars on her body, remnants of serious battle wounds healed by magic.

The Story
Likes: Philosophy, history, archery, swordplay, magic, books, plays, art, hiking, horseback riding.
Dislikes: Losing soldiers, killing, cruelty, stupidity, nationalism, vulgar displays of wealth.

Personality: Juliette is an intellectual and serious-minded young woman. As a soldier, she tries to use just enough force to get the job done. She is not averse to using duplicitous tactics or even assassinations, but she will not target noncombatants. She has no true malice towards anyone—even those who are obviously evil she simply pities for their ignorance. Killing or imprisoning such people is a utilitarian act to her, rather than a vengeful one.

After years of fighting, Juli is tired of seeing soldiers and peasants on both sides suffering so senselessly. She has embraced her new role as a royal only for the sake of advocating peace, as well as equitable treatment for the lower classes. She secretly does not care who wins the war, but her sense of honor and personal loyalties prevent her from ever betraying Theiri.

Habits: Juli prefers to live simply, only indulging in aristocratic behavior to the minimum extent required to fit in among other nobles. Despite leaving the military she still trains hard, and almost always has a weapon at hand—even if it’s just a knife hidden in one of her boots. Her former soldiers still call her “the Major” as they have for years.

Skills:Archery, asymmetric tactics, healing magic, first aid, melee combat, riding, distance running, wilderness survival. Juli is an expert with the first two skills and competent with the rest.

History: Juliette was born in the slums of the Theirian capital, without a family name. Her mother Kiko—a former royal servant originally from the lands of the Far East—became pregnant during a brief romance with the King of Theiri before he was married. When Kiko admitted to him that she was with child, he banished her from the castle and had her blacklisted as a servant.

With no other skills, Kiko was forced to turn to prostitution to survive. She tried to do the best she could to provide for her daughter, and taught Juli how to read and write. Despite all the hardship, Juli’s childhood was not nearly as awful as it could have been under the circumstances.

Shortly after she turned fifteen, Juli decided that she had to start supporting herself, in order to make things easier for her mother. Unwilling to sell her body, she lied about her age in order to join the kingdom’s military. She was nearly turned away due to being seen as small and weak, but proved to have excellent endurance and an uncanny aptitude for archery.

During her training, her potential was noticed by Major Galen Darkstrike, the leader of an elite military unit called the Ghosts. The primary mission of the Ghosts was to use hit-and-run tactics against enemy forces which threatened trade caravans, and also go behind enemy lines to interdict supplies and troop movements.

Juli was put through extended training at Darkstrike’s insistence, after which she was accepted into his unit. Galen was a grizzled veteran and a family man, who became a mentor, friend, and father-figure to Juli. She excelled to such an extent that after only two years she became his second in command.

Once she was an officer, Juli was able to put aside money for her mother. With this help Kiko was able to afford an education as a seamstress and soon had her own small shop to support herself with.

After Juli had been with the Ghosts for about four years, Galen retired to live in the city with his wife and family. He left the Ghosts in Juli’s care, and they continued to perform admirably. However, as always they were constantly outnumbered and on the run, sometimes trapped behind enemy lines and stealing supplies for months at a time. She commanded the Ghosts for nearly six years, though soon found herself feeling burned out.

Major Juliette’s exceptional heroism came to the attention of the king, who wished to meet her while she was on a brief leave from her duties. Although Juli had no intention of acknowledging who she was, the king quickly noticed how much Juli looked like Kiko at that age. The soldier admitted who she was, but insisted that she held no ill-will or desire for recognition. The king was very moved. Feeling guilty over how he had treated Kiko, he insisted on acknowledging Juliette as his daughter publicly despite the scandal it would cause.

In order to mollify those nobles who were likely to object to her for her foreign ancestry, Juliette agreed not to take the royal surname. Instead she took over the long abandoned title of Baroness of Greycastle. The entire Greycastle family had been killed by and lost their lands to the Kingdom Aserit decades earlier, so while the title was meaningless it did finally give Juliette a last name.

Juli has received a coldly polite reception from much of the royal court, many of whom see her as an upstart peasant. She remains on good terms with her father, and the two are getting to know each other better—however, Galen is still more like a father to her from an emotional standpoint. Now that she is retired, Juli is able to visit her mother far more frequently.

DomShark

Hmm, I'm interested.

Any thoughts on adding an assassin who has loyalty to neither country? Could be interesting and let the flow of gold have an effect on the flow of battle. Should I just write it up?
I've been in a rut lately, but I'm working on catching up. Sorry for any delay.

LimitlessNikkie

Joslyn - I love the profile it's wonderful, I've added you to the character list. As for declaring her a princess, I would have no issue with it but it would depend heavily on who would be playing the king or queen of Theiri.

DomShark - Go ahead and writing up your character but just one notation, even if your assassin isn't loyal to either kingdom it'll be hard pressed to become involved in the story without being involved in some way with one or both of the courts either from being used before by someone or even a passing acquaintanceship.

DomShark

The Basics
Name: Sanguine LeChance
Role: Blade for hire

The Look
Height: 6’4”
Weight: 216 lbs.
Hair: Silver
Eyes: light blue/ grey
Skin: pale
Anything else: Sanguine is blind, possibly a psychic condition from a trauma in his past.

The story
Likes: Outdoors, night time, feminine curves, warm blood, cold blades, quiet and gold.
Dislikes: Overly talkative people, the closed minded, followers (this includes religious zealots and patriots), being called or considered “disabled”.
Personality: Sanguine prefers silence in all things. Silent movement, silent strikes, silent kills and silent deals. He doesn’t care much for titles or power, instead he believes in the weight of gold coins. He owes allegiance to no country or king, and acts strictly in his own best interest. He believes in odds, not luck and will scarcely involve himself in any situation where he cannot control or at least know the odds going in. He is measured and calculating and cares nothing for the opinions of others. He learned young how to survive and cares for nothing above his own survival. He never takes the field in open combat if he can avoid it, preferring instead to wait until both sides are nearly decimated and exhausted.
Habits: A notorious gambler and unapologetic cheat, he often borrows trouble through his odd gambling habits and a quiet frequency among the brothels.
Skills: Stealth is his main weapon and also his finest skill. He is lethal with any and all edge weapons. His lack of sight has forced him to develop his sense of hearing and space recognition beyond normal levels. He employs darkness, flash bombs and smoke pellets to maximize his advantage in battle. He also utilizes small crossbows and throwing knives hidden within his cloak for a ranged attack.
History: Sanguine does not remember his parents or anything from before he was eight. He was taken in young by a band of road agents who found him barely alive and covered in blood. Though he remembered nothing before he was found, he was forced to prove his ability with a blade right away, because a broken, blind boy who can’t fight is no use to outlaw murderers. Once he had proven that he could at least defend himself, the outlaws used him as bait on main roads, to convince heavy loaded caravans to stop and be ambushed by the others. Sanguine is not his real name, for no one knows it and he cannot remember; his last name was earned from the leader of the bandits who took the boy in after he displayed a natural instinct with a sword. He spent most of his youth with the outlaws, learning to kill not fight and learning to rely on no other for survival and take instead of ask. He spent most of his teen years in prison after the crown cracked down on bandits and there he further developed his survival skills. His blindness and vaguely feminine looks made him a target for more than a few strong and ruthless inmate. ‘By Any Means Necessary’ is the creed by which Sanguine lives his life.

DomShark

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on June 21, 2011, 11:45:00 PM
Joslyn - I love the profile it's wonderful, I've added you to the character list. As for declaring her a princess, I would have no issue with it but it would depend heavily on who would be playing the king or queen of Theiri.

DomShark - Go ahead and writing up your character but just one notation, even if your assassin isn't loyal to either kingdom it'll be hard pressed to become involved in the story without being involved in some way with one or both of the courts either from being used before by someone or even a passing acquaintanceship.

Okay, I can dig that. I just imagined him going to one side or the other (Or Both) and offering his services. As things get more and more tense, sending in an assassin is often the best way to eleminate high ranking officials without depleting a stationed army. Also, I'm considering making him the bastard son of one of the kings but not realizing it. Perhaps the crown sent out to have him and his mother killed to preserve the bloodlines... I can edit to suit your needs. If you want I can change up to be a prince or some sort.

LimitlessNikkie

Domshark - I really like the character a great deal, a histor working with one or both of the kingdom would go a long way in easing him into the story though just approaching them with a colorful reputation could serve well as well.

DomShark

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on June 22, 2011, 12:23:51 AM
Domshark - I really like the character a great deal, a histor working with one or both of the kingdom would go a long way in easing him into the story though just approaching them with a colorful reputation could serve well as well.

I'm really glad to hear that!

I had an idea, that perhaps Sanguine is a lost son of Theiri and his contract at the outset of the story would involve killing off the accepted heir, unwittingly making himself heir to the crown, were his past ever to come to light? Just thinking of how to fill those roles up top. Downside being that he would be related to the Theiri line and also enemy of the Theiri throne. Fun! But perhaps too muddled. I'll wait to hear more about the main plot before nailing down any specifics about his forgotten past.

TheHangedOne

It's possible that my guy, Henrik, may have had dealings with Sanguine. He's certainly not one to shy away from "dishonorable" tactics like having the leader of his enemy assassinated.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

TheHangedOne

Also, random idea. Since the Aserit Family is going into Theri lands, it would make sense that the royal family is traveling with guards, right? Can they be Henrik's handpicked warriors (the Bloody Ravens)?
Check out my poet tree!

LimitlessNikkie

DomShark - I'll consider the idea but at the moment I don't want to dictate too much for the main roles that are currently unfilled. But it provides an interesting twist and I'll look into how it will effect the basic outline I have set up and get back to you.

TheHangedMan - As long as it's ok with DomShark that would be great. Yes they would be traveling with guards and yes they can be the bloody raven's as long as the person playing king or queen doesn't object but keep in mind shows of excessive strength or aggression during peace talks could have adverse effects.

TheHangedOne

Oh, I'm well aware. It's just a handful acting as Honor Guard. Probably only 6 or 8 in total.  And yeah, I'll work that bit out with whoever ends up being king and queen.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

CrazyIvan

The Basics
Name: Richard (last name will be whatever the king decides it to be, unless you want me to choose.)
Role: Heir of Theiri

The Look
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 176lbs
Hair: Short dirty blonde hair
Skin: Caucasian
Anything else: Has almost no facial hair of any kind, which makes him look younger then he is. Has a large slash like scar on his back that he received from an attempted assassination.

The story
Likes: Honesty, studying, helping others, reading, peaceful quiet afternoons, calm cool nights, rain, his family and people, riding, history, music, arts, friendship, politics, sharing a meal with friends, and intelligent conversation.
Dislikes: War, dishonesty, bullies, people who use there power wrongly, to see others suffer, death, betrayal, ignorance, and to see his people suffer.
Personality: Richard is a very honest individual and values both his words and actions highly, desiring to be an example for his people. He tries his best to please his people while still acting out the part of a noble and heir to the throne. He is a gentle person that is  very hard to anger or rile and cares for all equally, or at least tries to. He has a deep sense of duty to his people and would rather see himself suffer then those that are part of the kingdom. Though he is honest and caring he is not soft spoken and as no problem with giving his opinion on a matter, whether it was asked for it or not. When his views conflict with another or when a political meeting goes sour, he always tries to remain calm and let reason guide him not emotions.

When he is alone or just wishing to enjoy himself he prefers quiet walks, listening to songs, watching plays, or studying up on the latest discovery. He very much prefers the pursuits of the mind to the minor temporary joy that can be gained from doing physical actives. Though he doesn't prefer them, Richard never misses any training session or battle drill and is always on time and full armored. He understands the importance of them as well as the fact they are at war and though he dislikes it must not only lead his men, but fight along side them and charge into battle. He is a figure that both his men and his people look up to, or at least he hopes to be if he isn't already.

He is a radical thinker and has strange and new ideas how things should be run, lending to minor empowerment of freemen. They are the backbone of the country and need to be treated better then they are, and this war has only strengthened this view. Once he gets an idea in his head it is very hard to get it out or dissuade him from doing it, something that is both a blessing and curse. Overall Richard is a kind, gentle, intelligent, and free thinking man that is too honest for his own good sometimes and tries, sometimes too hard, to be the best he can be.
Habits: He has a nervous habit of chewing on his tongue or the inside of his cheek. Due to a previous assassination attempt he sleeps with a knife under his pillow, within arms reach, at all times and carries one at all times as well. He has a habit of visiting the royal library at least once a day, generally late in the evening.
Skills: Economics, Mathematics, Philosophy, Music, Arts, Horseback riding, Tactics, Leadership, Sword fighting, Commanding, Reading, Writing, Archery, Politics, and Inspiring.
History: Richard is the only male child of his parents making him the heir to the throne, which put a lot of strain on him even as a child. He has always had the idea that he he had to be the best he could be and to always look out for others as well as himself. His childhood was painted with education and training to be a leader and king first and individual second. From this came his thirst for education as well as his view of how people should be treated and why he wants to help out all his people. Though it also made it hard for him to make friends as he didn't have a lot of free time and he didn't have many friends outside of the palace. His amount of time outside of the palace decreased sharply after the attempt on his life, which gave him the scar he now has on his back. Though he had an attempt on his life he never stopped trusting people and his view of the good of people never went away, even though he always carries a blade to stop it from happening again.

As he grew older he began to train his body and mind for war, even though he dislike war, it was a constant fact that they were at war and he would have to help. He pushed and forced himself to be better then he was, he didn't want his men and people to suffer because he wasn't able to lead. This drive for knowledge and to be better wore out his body and he got sick more then a few times, though it never slowed him down. When he was experienced enough and his body could handle it he began to go out on campaigns and lead the army, seeing first hand the destruction of war and the suffering of his people. This inspired him to further his views and push for aid to them and to even give them more rights then they had, making him unpopular with some nobles, but loved by the people.

This is what I have right now, since it is late where I am, so I wanted to post it to show my interest. I will finish the rest of it tomorrow so please wait as I finish it.

Joslyn

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on June 22, 2011, 01:40:25 AM
DomShark - I'll consider the idea but at the moment I don't want to dictate too much for the main roles that are currently unfilled. But it provides an interesting twist and I'll look into how it will effect the basic outline I have set up and get back to you.

I suppose this applies to my character as well, since I have her as an illegitimate daughter to the king. If whoever ends up playing the king objects to the affair, I can change around Juliette's background.

The monarch roles might be hard to fill though. Most players seem to prefer playing characters who are still in their prime. Might need to NPC them depending on how things go.

DomShark

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on June 22, 2011, 01:40:25 AM

TheHangedMan - As long as it's ok with DomShark that would be great. Yes they would be traveling with guards and yes they can be the bloody raven's as long as the person playing king or queen doesn't object but keep in mind shows of excessive strength or aggression during peace talks could have adverse effects.

Yeah, sorry I overstepped a little bit. Obviously I won't be going after any characters that are a part of the main plot right off the bat, lest I be thwarted badly. I was just bouncing ideas around with the current cast, I'll keep future brainstorming to PM. Now that the heir to Theiri is cast, Sanguine's liniage is moot.

That said, The Hanged Man has first dibs on my services.  >:)

LimitlessNikkie

Welcome CrazyIvan thank you for your interest I can't wait to see your finished bio.

Joslyn -  I'm not going to disallowed illegitimate children since it would be a stretch to say the king didn't have any but weather the child is acknowledged will be decided but whoever plays the monarch of that kingdom.  The minor reward you've writted for Juli should not be an issue since she didn't want to be acknowledged so I need no issue with it.

I've noticed the lack of interest and plan to tweak the paramiters of the monarch roles a bit and put some detail in hoping to draw some interest to them since NPCing them would be kind of difficult.

DomShark - Have fun plotting I'm excited to see what you come up with.

DarkRose15

I'm very interested in coming up with a character but it might take awhile if that's ok. I might take one of the Princesses of Aserit, so I can make a bit of a tomboyish character.
Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

LimitlessNikkie

Welcomme DarkRose15, I can't wait to see what you come up with take your time.

NileGoddess

Hmmm, what are you looking for in a Queen for Aserit? I have a picture that might be suitable for a Queen, but it certainly doesn't skimp on the skin, which isn't very Queen-like.

Also, since my game quota is pretty full already, I'm hesitant in joining for fear of being a drag on the game, so I'm also curious to know how influential the character would be.

LimitlessNikkie

NileGoddess - Unless someone wants to play the king she would be the ruling force with the same absolute power as any king would wield. If a king comes along the two of you would share power. Game wise the monarchs will be major plays battling eachother for powers while others either help or hinder them as they see fit.

I plan to keep the game pace moderate so everyone who's interested can play, this will not be extremely fast paced but a post a week would be appreciated so it doesn't stall completely.

As for pictures, I know how hard it is to find something perfect so as long as to look is right for what you imagine then dress doesn't matter as much.

DarkRose15

The Basics
Name: Lenally Aserit
Sex: Female (dresses like a boy, is sometimes confused as one)
Orientation: Uncertain, never admits if she likes a man, isn't sure of feelings towards other women

The Look
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 110 lbs
Hair: Short and black doesn't go past her neck
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Sunkissed fair skin
Anything else: Has a penchant for wearing tops that flatten her chest as much as she can get away with, always carries her large ninja star safely strapped to her back when not in in use, wears blue frequently as it's her favorite color. As stated before, tends to dress like a boy and until she speaks is generally mistaken for a young man, her siblings know better however (much to her chagrin)

The Story
Likes: Studying combat with her brother when he's not off fighting, reading, wrestling, practicing martial arts, tough guys, tough girls, dressing as a guy (despite her parents dislike of it), horse-riding,  Festivals, her family, swearing, crude humor, romance (though her chances of admitting it to anyone outside of her brother are slim to none)
Dislikes: Acting lady-like, wearing dresses, having to use proper manners in formal situations, being pursued by insincere suitors, the idea of being married off for politics, greed, dishonesty, those who torment the weak or invalid
Personality: Lenally is like any other girl....with the exception that she would rather have been born a boy like her brother Henrik. Since she can't change her gender, makes do by dressing more like a boy and romping about without a care in the world. She tends to spend more time watching her brother train or begging to train with him than doing anything else. When she isn't busy trying to become a tough guy, she likes to spend her time reading, tending to favor history, combat, and occasionally romance novels (the last one being her own personal secret) She also has quite a foul little mouth, often being chastised for her language use at the most inopportune times. Still, she has a big heart, and does whatever she can to make people happy. Except her suitors, that is. She adores her older brother Henrik, and always pouts when he has to leave. She aspires to be just like him one day.
Habits: A huge tomboy with pretty decent fighting ability, she spends a lot of time working with her ninja star or prowling around with the soldiers, listening to their tales of combat and dreaming of the day she can join them. She likes to drink too, which can sometimes get her into trouble if her brother isn't around, but is able to fend for herself when he's not. She has more problems with her parents due to her refusal to get married and causes problems with every suitor. She always says if she marries she wants to marry for love.
History: At one point, Lenally was just like any other girl, wearing dresses, playing with dolls and pretending to be the damsel in distress. But all that would change when she first saw her older brother Henrik training when he was around the age of 10. She was fascinated, watching him practice with weapons and with his fists. It was a whole new world that captured her imagination. She soon found herself sneaking to watch more, but still enjoyed playing with her dolls for the most part. Then one day, a rather mean little boy opted to try and steal her doll. Not only did Lenally chase him down, but she gave him a black eye for taking her doll away. He did hit her back, but before he could land another hit, her brother Henrik came to her rescue, chastising the boy for beating up on a defenseless girl.

After sending the little boy off to nurse his pride, Henrik encouraged Lenally to toughen up so that she wouldn't get picked on anymore. While Henrik's words might not have been meant the way she took it, Lenally decided at that moment, at the age of 8, to start to learn to fight as well and become a soldier. It also bothered her that women were considered so fragile, and she sought to prove them wrong. She soon stopped wearing dresses and instead began to wear pants, trousers and shorts. She learned to dress as a man despite serious objection from her parents, and began to sneak to train with a trainer Henrik suggested. Initially, her brother wasn't so keen to have her train to be a soldier, but despite the harsh training regime of the trainer he put in charge of her, she not only began to excel but rather enjoy the training.

Lenally also got into a lot of fights as a result, being picked on by boys who felt a woman didn't need to be on the battlefield. Most of the time she won, but a few times she got herself beaten and would also get punished for putting herself in danger by her parents. Henrik didn't necessarily approve her of her brawling, but knew it would help her to toughen up, considering her wishes and her gender she needed to be able to fight with her fists just as much as her ninja star that she was given when she was a little older.

Because Lenally is of marriageable age, her parents constantly try to find someone for her. She usually scares them off, either with crude, unladylike behavior or with bruises. She did try to sneak off with Henrik on his most recent campaign, but was ratted out and forced to stay behind. She wrote to Henrik every day, to make sure he was safe and eagerly awaits his return.....

DarkRose15

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 22, 2011, 12:38:33 AM
It's possible that my guy, Henrik, may have had dealings with Sanguine. He's certainly not one to shy away from "dishonorable" tactics like having the leader of his enemy assassinated.  :-)

How would Henrik like having a little sister who idolizes him and aspires to be just like him? I can change her story if you don't like what I have there but if you do then I can talk with you about stuff I might put in her history ^_^

LimitlessNikkie

The Basics
Name: Erin Oddlin often called Lady Fool in court
Orientation: Strait
Role: Fool in the Aserit court / Spy for Theiri Monarch

The Look
Height: 5' 4"
Weight: 93lbs
Hair: Dark Auburn
Eyes: Bright Blue
Skin: Pale White
Anything else: Long limbed with a slender toned body that is extremely limber. Moves with natural grace that almost looked like dancing.

The story
Likes: Aggravating, annoying or amusing people, teasing knights and princes, apples, dancing, running, tumbling, the rain, riding...horses ;), and bright colors.
Dislikes: Cruelty, physical harm and those with an under developed sense of humor
Personality: Erin is unlike anyone else she lives to amuse herself weather that amuses those around her or not it questionable. She is often annoying on perpose and enjoys driving people around her to distraction. She's an annoying creature who takes pleasure in the freedom of acting as she pleases as long as it amuses her lord and master. She seems to take nothing seriously and takes pleasure in everything she does weather it be scandalous or simple and mundane.
But under the innocent idiot persona she is quiet smart and cunning making her an apt Spy for the Theiri court. She seems completely open and honest while concelling most of her intelligence. She isn't devious by nature but can do so with ease. She had no more loyalty to Theiri then she did to Aserit and though she was playing spy she cared little for the appointment as is more then likely to lie then tell the truth if it served her to do so.
Habits: Talks in rhymes at random intervals, is often crude, is insolent with everyone talking to peasants and kings as equals, wears bells alot of the time and will do flips and tumbles when summoned, juggles whatevers handy when bored.
Skills: Acrobatics, contortionist, juggling, knife throwing, rhyming, equestrian, slight of hand, and pick pocketing. Is an excellent judge of character, can see threw mostly lies because she is an accomplished liar herself. Never wears anything matching preferring a motley collection of bright colors and clashing patterns.
History: Erin born a little strange she was always drawn to music and dance and always seemed able to bend herself into a pretzel though the acrobats did take some time to learn but with a nurse who enjoyed watching the girls antics she was able to learn and excel at it. Her fascination with jesters started when her father lord took her to a carnival when she was 5 and she saw a troop preform. She taught herself to juggle and started wearing bells that drove her father mad only to further annoy him by talking in rhymes.
At 8 her lord and lady parents died. She'd lived in a town that was constantly being captured and then recaptured by either the Theiri or Aserit courts. An orphan under either courts notice Erin took to caring for herself. She entertained peasants stealing when she needed to, to survive until she gained the notice of a lord who thought her particularly amusing. He took her to court with him in Theiri where the monarchs noticed her.
She could fool most people, most expected no more then what she showed but they weren't fooled by her blank looks or amusing rhyme and no amount of silence could annoy them enough to throw her out.
After a year they'd figure out her intelligence and her ability to read people. She knew just how far she could push anyone before they were likely to lose their temper with her a good skill to have when she routinely annoyed everyone around her. And they found a more productive use for the girl. They planned to present her as a presant to the monarchs of Aserit, a gift to sooth the peace talked and amuse them and hopefully endear them to the visiting power all the while the girl would be able to learn about her courts weaknesses and be able to report back to Theiri when the time was right.

MagicalPen

I could play NileGoddess's King/husband if needs be.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

LimitlessNikkie

Welcome Eeyore, feel free to submit a bio and work out details with NileGoddess if she chooses to take on the mantle of being Aserit's queen.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: DarkRose15 on June 22, 2011, 06:04:12 PM
How would Henrik like having a little sister who idolizes him and aspires to be just like him? I can change her story if you don't like what I have there but if you do then I can talk with you about stuff I might put in her history ^_^
I like what you did.  :-) Sounds like  fun!  So that's a big yes.
Check out my poet tree!

DarkRose15

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 22, 2011, 07:32:49 PM
I like what you did.  :-) Sounds like  fun!  So that's a big yes.
Awesome  ;D Hit me up on pms and we can figure out a good history that fits your char and mine and then go from there *nod nod*

TheHangedOne

Quote from: DarkRose15 on June 22, 2011, 10:12:45 PM
Awesome  ;D Hit me up on pms and we can figure out a good history that fits your char and mine and then go from there *nod nod*
PM sent.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

NileGoddess

Also, I meant to ask if there was going to be elements of magic in this. If that's the case, I also have a template for a wicked sorceress that could be in service to either kingdom.

LimitlessNikkie

Vostroya - Yay! Please submit a bio for consiteration.

NileGodess - Magic will be limited to minor feats, as in healing for the moment. I don't want it to used for fighting at the moment though there may be a point in the future where battle magic will be allowed.

TheHangedOne

Heehee.  :-) Henrik's practically a chip off the old block, it seems.  Very nice, Vostroya.
Check out my poet tree!

NileGoddess

Here's a proposed queen for Aserit. I held off on her history a little bit, because we don't know who is going to play the king yet. I can expand when we have a chosen king, or if you want, I can thread something more onto what I already have.

The Basics
Name: Mirevia Aserit
Age: Appears in her late 30s, actually in her mid to late 40s
Orientation: Heterosexual
Role: Queen of Aserit

The Look
Height: 6' 0"
Weight: 148 lbs
Skin: Fair
Anything else: Often appears taller due to the choice of heeled footwear. Mirevia is a little prideful of her youthful looks, despite her growing age, and goes through many efforts to keep herself attractive. She was born with a soldier's physique, but has since filled out to a more curvy form, though evidence of her physique is still present.

The story
Likes: Order and control in her kingdom, as well as her private life.
Dislikes: Disorder, disobedience, disrespect. Military loss and cowardice.
Personality: Mirevia is a commanding woman, though not quite ruthless. She is firm in her rule, both in her kingdom and in her family. Rarely does she surrender the opportunity to have the last word in a conversation, and is often very demanding of her subjects. She is not cruel, however, as those that please her and treat her in appropriate status earn her favor and friendship. True to the nature of Aserit, she is very militaristic, never hesitating to push the battle to the next stage, or start one herself. That trait was more than apparent to her children, who often received harsh discipline well into their late childhood for misdemeanors or disobedience.

Haughty is another word to describe her, especially when it comes to her looks. As a beautiful maiden, she had grown used to compliments of both her status and looks. Now upon the edge of beginning to lose that beauty to old age, she goes to painstaking processes to keep herself absolutely stunning while she can, and often wears exuberant outfits while she still has the body to flaunt. Likewise, her body and looks are also a tool at her disposal for militaristic strategy, especially when proving her point or pushing a strategy a little harder, whether it be on her husband or a troublesome subordinate.
Habits: Somewhat tedious in her daily habits. Each day begins with the typical process to make herself glamorous. When holding court, she is efficient and curt, preferring that her subjects be in and out so that she could attend to more pressing matters, such as focusing on her children to make sure they are raised properly.
Skills: Possessing some training in fighting skills from her childhood, a weapon is not unfamiliar in her hand, though she is not skilled in fighting from years of disuse. Her body was once toned and athletic, but she gradually surrendered it to the curvy, womanly shape of a beautiful Queen. Her better strength is her mind, serving as a tactician and advisor to the generals in the armies. The formidable presence she commands in both look and status also gives her an edge in questioning.
History: Raised to be a fighter, Mirevia turned her attention to studying politics midway through her training, finding it far more palpable than wielding a sword. She let herself be absorbed in books of rule, law, and literature, as well as books of etiquette, discipline, and social behavior. Soon, by the time she was a young woman, she had matured into a proper noble woman of class and stature, despite a sometimes aggressive attitude that came with her family.

As she was nobility, she was eligible to attend many social gatherings, from meeting dignitaries at banquets to witnessing sport from the most luxurious seats. At one particular banquet, she was introduced to the Heir of Aserit, and a more permanent relationship soon blossomed. When he took the throne, she became his Queen, and aided him in the expansion of the kingdom through it's constant battles. Over the years, she became more and more of a symbol of the women of Aserit, proof that they could be just as formidable as men

LimitlessNikkie

A fair estimation lol. I really like both characters they're wonderful.

Nile I'm going to give you the queen position, I can't imagine anyone topping Mirevia.

Vostroya I'm going to give Eeyore a chance to put up a bio for consiteration before deciding on who will be king.

DarkRose15

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 23, 2011, 10:25:56 AM
Heehee.  :-) Henrik's practically a chip off the old block, it seems.  Very nice, Vostroya.
Guess it runs in the family ^_^! lol

NileGoddess

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

LimitlessNikkie

I look forward to seeing it Eeyore.

Update: we still need at least one monarch for Theiri as well as a princess and an heir for Aserit. So three needed roles until we can begin.

DarkRose15

I sent a pm to a friend of mine who joined to see if He might join in :)

LimitlessNikkie

DarkRose15

LimitlessNikkie

CrazyIvan

Sorry this is taking so long, but I am almost done with my character. All that is left is to finish writing his history, which I have in my head and in notebooks and I will be done.

LimitlessNikkie

No worries CrazyIvan, I look forward to reading it once your done.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

MagicalPen

That is one ugly castle. Camo paint, really? Gun turrets, really? Must be from some Anime.

Anyways - I should be able to work on my character sheet during the course of today. Certainly no later then tonight. Lots of moving around.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Vostroya

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Vostroya

TheHangedOne

Yeah. Gotta buy the 3d model to see it bigger then that. Ah well. If it ain't the Aserit's main castle home, can it be like Henrik's own place? Maybe the Bloody Raven barracks and training ground or something...
Check out my poet tree!

Vostroya

TheHangedOne

Could always be the Theiri's. *Shrug.*  :D Whatever works in the end, somebody wnats to use it for either of the family's castle,groovy, if not, ah well.
Check out my poet tree!

NileGoddess

I can browse around for castles, see if I can't find something that would be suitable for one or both of the kingdoms.

LimitlessNikkie

Suggestions for castles are more then welcome, I must admit I've been too busy working on the plot line to even think to look yet :)

The game will start with everyone in Theiri but then they'll be times of separation and most likely visits from Theiri to Aserit until the conflict is resolved.

DarkRose15

I can try and contribute to the Castle search too. Is there anything else anyone needs for the game? I'd be more than happy to look ^_^

TheHangedOne

Random Pics of Bloody Ravens to ensue. Also a bit more about them. Links instead of full pics, since I have so many (six, for each of the Aserit Honor Guard that will accompany the family to (and from) Theiri lands). Each one of these links is a different one.  :-)

Basically, the Bloody Ravens are a sort of "spec ops"group of the Aserit military. They are drawn from active members of the military, those people that show a high degree of skill with weapons as well as scholastic knowledge and battlefield tactics. They must have served for three years to qualify, and have a very harsh test including both mental and physical exercises to get in. Maybe 1 in 50 can make the cut, and they only number a little more than three hundred.

The benefits that come are multiple. In the first place, if someone isn't knighted already, then they get knighted upon joining; this effectively raises peasants up to a very low form of nobility, which is pretty damn exceptional. Secondly, their stipend increases, to reflect the harsher training they will endure as well as the increased danger they face.

They only occasionally take directly to the battlefield, and that's usually in a support role, to harass the enemy (Cutting off supply lines, causing avalanches, forest fires, destroying dams...) and provide logistical support to the main force. 

Henrik gives them quite a bit of flexibility in their armament choices, and even keeps a few personal armorers on retainer to see that his men are adequately equipped. Everything they use is high quality unlike the cheaper stuff that the average soldier uses.
Check out my poet tree!

Vostroya

LimitlessNikkie

DarkRose - I can think of nothing right this second but  just woke up my brains a bit slow. But I might very well be poking you later to help me with Theiri to plot against Aserit he he he.

TheHangedMan - since the Bloody Ravens are your brain child I would appresiate it if you could write a few NPC profiles for the one that will most come into play in scenes.

DarkRose15

LimitlessNikkie - Sounds good :)

Here's a pic I found of a castle:

TheHangedOne

Sir Lambert: Skilled in the use of a bastard sword, Lambert is all about killing the enemy before they can get close enough to even take a stab at him.  He prefers full armor to offset the danger inherent in lacking a shield.  When on the field of battle, he is quite single minded and coldly efficient; off the battle, he is actually quite charming, and gets along with others quite easily.

Sir Grim: Sir Grim's blackened and spiky armor is meant to induce terror in those who see him. He wields a broad sword with amazing skill in a single hand, where lesser men might often require two hands to effectively wield it. He uses a tower shield in his off hand, sometimes as an unorthodox weapon. The damned thing is even sharpened. In battle, he is absolutely ruthless and without honor; if he can get a kill in, it's going to happen. Outside of battle,  Sir Grim is ultra-nationalistic, to the point that he's about one step removed from "fanatic". His loyalty is unwavering, as is his confidence in his abilities.

Dame Leofwine: leofwine was born the daughter of a humble hunter, but she had ambitions that surpassed hunting animals for food.  She was picked out to join the Bloody Ravens because she won an archery contest (Henrik sponsors many such contest of arms to find good recruits) and also for  her perfect visual acuity. She uses an oversized longbow that fires larger-than-normal arrows, and her role in battle is akin to "sniper". If an enemy gets too close to her, she also has a seven inch, slightly curved dagger that is as good as carving up humans as it is deer and rabbits. She is also skilled in setting up and disarming a wide variety of traps. In the maelstrom of battle, she remains shockingly calm, smoothly and efficiently picking off her targets. Outside of battle, she tends to be quite aloof.

Dame Averille: Actually a well known thief that was spared execution by Henrik, because he saw the value in her skills. As long as she serves in the Bloody Ravens, she has an effective immunity from being persecuted for her previous crimes. A member since its formation a year ago, she has since reformed many of her ways. She is often an advanced scout, and is also used for infiltration missions. In battle, she is actually quite nervous and can be a bit of a liability; she still has a long way to go to master her use of the short sword; it really is her skills as a thief that keeps her in the group. Outside of battle, she is rude and crude, but also smart enough to not shoot her mouth off to people of rank (she knows she's walking a fine line because of her crimes, and she really wants to stay alive). She lost her left eye when a rapist assaulted her as a child.

Dame Jelanda: Part of Jelanda's outside-of-battle duties includes tending to the horses the Bloody Ravens use. She is also a riding instructor, as is befitting the fact she was born the daughter of a horse breeder.  Originally, her role was to be relegated as a non-combating supporter (with her training riders and taking care of the horses and equipment), however, after a time, she was moved to take up fighting by Henrik's philosophy and steadfast power. She prefers to fight from horseback, using a lance. However, she also a short sword "Just in case". In battle, she can be a bit wild at times, getting high off the surge of adrenaline; despite this, she manages to keep a solid grasp of her surroundings and the situation around her. Outside of battle, she is charming, polite, though a bit skittish. She likes to talk to horses when taking care of them.

Sir Leon: In his youth, he was  a brash and young guardsman, but as he matured, he became a master of the spear, and eventually, a fighting instructor. leon was Henrik's trainer when the Aserit boy was younger, and took a shining to him; he joined up with the Bloody Raven's as a soldier instead of a trainer, finding a simple happiness in watching over the youngster. In addition to his mastery of the spear, and mounted combat besides, he has a natural knack for strategy and tactics, and often coordinates operations alongside Henrik, or leading small detachments of his own. In battle, like many of the Bloody Raven's, he is startlingly calm; even when facing overwhelming odds, he's known to just grin wryly, and wordlessly assault his enemies. Outside of battle, he is cool, calm, and elegant, if slightly melancholic at times. His father was a war hero who died on the field of battle. As an aside, he was already knighted before joining the Bloody Raven's.
Check out my poet tree!

TheHangedOne

Quote from: DarkRose15 on June 24, 2011, 04:14:37 PM
LimitlessNikkie - Sounds good :)

Here's a pic I found of a castle:

Heeeeeey. I've played that game before. :3
Check out my poet tree!

Vostroya

TheHangedOne

Thank you.  As NPCs, just about anyone can tell them what to do; but they're bound and obligated to follow the Aserit family and no one else.  If anybody wants to, feel free to pick out a personal guard.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

Vostroya

NileGoddess

As far as castles go, I think it would depend on what we want each kingdom to look like. For example, if Aserit is more of a militaristic kingdom as described, we might want to lean towards something that looks more like a fortress:

http://images.alphacoders.com/656/65619.jpg
http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/home/images/newsletter/2008_07/em_fixture_rvr_fortress.jpg
http://lh6.ggpht.com/-pZSox5cADSU/Rwe8_b4VOHI/AAAAAAAABj8/rIFtyUBiuPA/IMG_0507.JPG

aya

I'll put in an IOU for the Theiri Queen, I'll have it up soon hopefully.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Vostroya

LimitlessNikkie

Wonderful NPCs Hangedman thank you!!!

Amazing pics you found NileGoddess I love the first one!

Yippy!!! Welcome Aya, can't wait to see what you come up with for Theiri's fair queen.

CrazyIvan

okay my character is finally done and readied to be reviewed.

aya

Not sure if anyone had put anything up for Theiri yet, but my monarch would looove to live here :P

LimitlessNikkie

It is wonderful CrazyIvan I love it, welcome to the Theiri court!

It's a great pic Aya, very story book romantic.

CrazyIvan

yeah it is like something from a game I have seen before... guild wars 2 perhaps? Thanks glad to be part of this of this game, looks like fun.

LimitlessNikkie

I don't know, I don't play video games...Anyway glad it looks like fun.

Brag about this awesome game with game signatures available in the first post!

bubby

Um...*Lifts a hand, waves it about...does the peepee dance*....could I maybe play one of Hanged's Bloody Ravens? Like..maybe his bodyguard? Or I suppose even one of the NPC's he's made...

LimitlessNikkie

Your more then welcome to play a Bloody Raven Bubby. If you have any questions about them please direct them to Hangedman since they are his brain child. Welcome to Aserit.

TheHangedOne

Sure, go for it. You can snatch one of the NPCs I made, or create your own character and we'll make it an Honor Guard of seven.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

MagicalPen

Ok, I have the King Aserit profile done. Just no access to E right now (stealing a computer to write this). Hopefully will have access to computer tonight, but we just moved to a friends house and they didn't give us the PW to log onto the internet, and E is blocked at the rehab place i spend my days.

Just letting you know!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

LimitlessNikkie

K Thanks for letting us know Eeyore. I look forward to reading your profile once you get it up.

bubby

YAY! Then I shall confer with Hanged and get a profile going.

MagicalPen

The Basics
Name: Archibald Aserit
Role: King of Aserit

The Look
Height: 6' 4"
Weight: 225 lbs
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Hazel
Skin: Bronzed
Anything else: Archibald has a pure fighters physique, though his once chiseled edges are becoming a little softer and rounder with age. He has a scar on the right side of his face, narrowly missing his eye, while his body is pockmarked with such mementos of past battles.

The story
Likes: Order and control in his kingdom, as well as his private life. Always enjoys a good fight and a good drink!
Dislikes: Showing Weakness, Disrespect and Disloyalty amongst his People, Losing.
Personality: Archibald, like his wife, is a very commanding man. He expects all of his commands to be followed immediately and does not stand for hesitation. If a servant does not move fast enough for his liking, they often feel the back of his hand (if not worse). He runs his household like he runs the Military - highly disciplined and performing at their best.

True to his Aserit heritage, Archibald is devoted to the Military aspects of his role as King and Commanding General of all Aserit forces. He practices his Military Forms every day, something that has gone a long way to keeping his body youthful through out the years. All those battles are slowly starting to catch up with Archi, however, and he doesn’t quite have the spring in his step that he used to.

Habits: Each morning starts with his Aserit Martial Arts - practicing his Sword Form - usually naked or shirtless (depending on location) that helps limber his body and prevent him from acquiring injuries other incur at his age. After that, he likes a nice wash before eating a hearty breakfast. Years spent on the Campaign Roads has left him cherishing such moments more then any other, and habit has made him eat breakfast like it will be his last meal - for many it is!

Skills: Archibald was raised to be in the Army. Horse riding and sword fighting were his primary focuses and he still remains amongst the best Swordsmen in the land. His age, however, has slowed his reflexes down slightly and he comes to rely on his experience and strength more and more often - though the latter is starting to show evidence of decay and hard years. He still retains his sharp wit and his strategy and tactics have been honed over the years. He is perhaps one of the best tacticians (when it comes to Military Affairs) in the Kingdom.

History: Raised to be a King, Archibald started his education as soon as he could walk. He was gifted with his genetics and quickly grew up into a handsome young man, skilled in the Arts of Warfare (and handsome to boot), while also taught about Court Politics and Foreign Affairs. He took it upon himself to learn the history of Aserit and neighboring Kingdoms, judging that there was great strength in knowing about the past.

As the most eligible bachelor in all the land, he was no stranger to the advances of women, or the pressing concern of marriage to conceive an heir as his aging father would soon leave him as King. He soon met his future wife at a banquet and all the arrangements were quickly met. As she developed into a formidable woman in the Court, Archibald was able to focus more on his Campaigns of Conquest knowing his Kingdom was left in good hands. In fact, he is quite glad that his wife is his wife - she would be the most deadly of enemies if otherwise.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

bubby

The Basics
Name: Dame Zalania
Role: Bloody Raven, personal bodyguard to Prince Henrik Aserit

The Look
Height: 6'
Weight: 165 lbs.
Hair: White
Eyes: Ice blue
Skin: Caucasian, milky
Anything else: She is constantly wearing her cloak, armor, and weapons. Few have seen her in 'casual' clothing, not even the Prince, as she is on the job nigh on 24/7.

The Story
Likes: Her bay charger named Bad Horse, a strong drink next to a warm fire, a good battle.
Dislikes: Weakness of any kind, arrogance, blind stupidity. Loud mouths.
Personality: Zalania, rarely speaks. Her only call in life is to protect the Prince, and she does this job with every fiber of her being. She seems cold and without humor, but if any are able to breach her defenses, they would find her actually warm within, a good listener, and one able to give good advice. She wants to find love, wants to find a man that would woo her out of love, not for the fact that she is a beautiful woman, but find most men crass and too full of themselves.(The Prince is the only one who has managed to get to the inner woman somewhat, as she is his shadow, and they are together more often then not.)
Habits: Talking to her horse like he's human. Reminding the Prince that he's not immortal.
Skills: Blade mastery, both double edge sword and knives. She is a Master swordsman, and is able to use the spring loaded knives she has in her wrist sheathes with deadly accuracy. She is fast, ambidextrous, and tends to wield her blades in a deadly dance, one that has any who has witnessed her in battle awed with her technique.
History: Born the daughter of a prominent royal guard, though a commoner this gave her a bit more privilege in life then many other peasants. Her father adored her, and with her mother dying at an early age, and he never re-marrying as he loved his wife that much, he raised her as only a man in the Guard could. She was raised knowing about fighting, and it soon became evident that swords and knives were her speciality. She has been in two short relationships, both failing as most men would rather have their women subservient and silent, a mother and housekeeper. SO not her forte.

As soon as she heard the Prince was seeking people to join his ranks of Bloody Ravens, she was the first to show, and she was his first pick. It wasn't long before he saw her for her capabilities, made her his personal bodyguard, and Knighted her, making her Dame.

TheHangedOne

I really like the character, bubby.  :-) It gets my approval. Nikki?
Check out my poet tree!

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

LimitlessNikkie

Defiantly, I'll add you to the character list Bubby.

Eeyore, Vostroya, I'll pick the king by the end of the night  or tomarrow and let you both know. Thank you both for the great profiles. It'll be a hard choice.

bubby

aya

The Basics
Name: Lyssa Highgarden
Role: Queen of Theiri.

The Look
Height: 5'5   
Weight: 115 lbs
Hair: Brown
Skin: Creamy white.
Anything else: Highgarden crest tattooed on her lower back: a rose intertwined with a dragon.

The story
Likes: Beauty, Flowers, Alchemy, Nature, Power, Rainy days. 
Dislikes: Being disobeyed, anything ugly, savage/vulgar people.
Personality: Sweet as honey, gentle, and kind- on the outside. Lyssa is an expert at keeping up appearances, and even more adept at keeping her kingdom running. However, if anything threatens Theiri or her children, Lyssa is capable of acting swiftly and without mercy. There have been those in the past who have said that the Queen is deadlier than any assassin in the realm; the tales died off though, after those men had mysteriously disappeared. Lyssa looks like the pretty flower beside the king, but from her, a smile is even deadlier than a sword.
Habits: Always seen with a flower nestled in her hair- a different kind freshly picked each day. Lyssa spends most of her free time in the royal gardens, attending to her precious plants. She has a tendency to absentmindedly pluck at her flower when thinking about something important.
Skills: Politics, Poison, Information, Public appearances.
History: Lyssa was married into the royal family, originally belonging to the Highgarden clan. The King was taken with her beauty when he visited the southern lands, and she was brought back to Theiri as one of his many potential wives. Nobody expected her to become the Queen; in fact, the members of the court had a bet as to when she would be sent home, ranging from a day to a week. And who could blame them? She looked like a delicate flower, ready to scatter at the first hint of any wind.

A week became a month, and a month, even longer. One by one the other women were deemed inelgible, some by mysterious illness, while others suddenly left the capital. This continued until only the fragile looking Lyssa was left, smiling as beautifully and innocently as she had been the first day.

Joslyn

Just thought I'd mention that the Queen of Theiri character needs to be a bit older, as she has a son who's twenty. Late thirties to early fourties would probably make the most sense.

EDIT: Instead of that, it occured to me she could be the king's second wife.

DarkRose15

That's a nifty idea, kings having multiple wives ^_^

Joslyn

Quote from: DarkRose15 on June 26, 2011, 10:20:14 PM
That's a nifty idea, kings having multiple wives ^_^

I meant more in terms of the first queen having died or gotten a divorce, heh.

DarkRose15

Ahh gotcha. Either way, it still adds more to the story and that's always a good thing  :D

LimitlessNikkie

Aya - except for the fact that she needs to be a bit older(unless she was a child bride then it needs to be noted) she looks wonderful I love the deadly edge to her personality.

And to announce the king of Aserit. It was a very hard decision and I want to thank both of you for your wonderful profiles. Please welcome the ruler of Aserit King Archibald played by Eeyore.

bubby

*Insert canned audience applause here for Eeyore*

So does this mean we're full up and will start soon?  :D

aya

Changed to 38; so, there's not going to be a Theiri king it seems, unless I missed it. How are we going to be working around that?

I kind of wrote Lyssa to be able to rule, just in case- if we don't get anyone we can just go that route unless there's a better idea.

DarkRose15

Quote from: bubby on June 27, 2011, 12:08:22 AM
*Insert canned audience applause here for Eeyore*

So does this mean we're full up and will start soon?  :D

I think there are still a few other parts that need to be filled but it looks like we're close ^_^!

LimitlessNikkie

I'm going to wait till tomarrow before setting up the threads, but keep recruitment open untill all the main roles are filled. Unless we magically fill the open spots by tomarrow Aya as queen of theiri will rule as if her king is ill and Aserits Heir will be leading a campain against another kingdom. The princess of Therir will be NPCed (i'll write up a basic vague bio tonight) and will be replaced when and if we get someone to fill her dainty shoes.

On to other matters. Theres been alot of castle sugessions for Aserit so if you could all vote between
Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 24, 2011, 09:08:55 AMNumber 1
here's another idea.
this
Quote from: NileGoddess on June 24, 2011, 05:21:58 PMNumber 2
http://images.alphacoders.com/656/65619.jpg
or this
QuoteNumber 3 [url=http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/home/images/newsletter/2008_07/em_fixture_rvr_fortress.jpg]http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/home/images/newsletter/2008_07/em_fixture_rvr_fortress.jpg
That would be great!

Unless anyone for Theiri disagree this will be the Theiri castle
Quote from: aya on June 24, 2011, 11:04:01 PM
here :P

TheHangedOne

Obviously, I'm voting for the one I suggested...  :D
Check out my poet tree!

Joslyn

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on June 27, 2011, 12:28:19 AM
I'm going to wait till tomarrow before setting up the threads, but keep recruitment open untill all the main roles are filled. Unless we magically fill the open spots by tomarrow Aya as queen of theiri will rule as if her king is ill and Aserits Heir will be leading a campain against another kingdom. The princess of Therir will be NPCed (i'll write up a basic vague bio tonight) and will be replaced when and if we get someone to fill her dainty shoes.

Juliette can be put in the princess role if we assume the King of Theiri publicly acknowledged her. It might be easier than running yet another NPC.

LimitlessNikkie

If your willing to play it I'm more then happy to have you step up to being a court princess. Thank you so much Joslyn, you just saved me half an hour of writing!

Joslyn

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on June 27, 2011, 12:37:51 AM
If your willing to play it I'm more then happy to have you step up to being a court princess. Thank you so much Joslyn, you just saved me half an hour of writing!

I'll edit my character sheet then. :)

DarkRose15

LimitlessNikkie

K thanks DarkRose.

I'm thinking of putting this game in bondage, if anyone has issue with that speak now or forever hold your peace.

DarkRose15

Joslyn

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on June 27, 2011, 12:58:26 AM
I'm thinking of putting this game in bondage, if anyone has issue with that speak now or forever hold your peace.

Sounds good to me too. Though I'd also be fine with being in NC-H section.

I updated Juliette's background. At the start of the game, I'm going to assume she's only been acknowledged as princess for about a month. I also decided she would not take the family surname (which I assume is Theiri) in order to make the nobles slightly less upset. I think I may write up a few blurbs on some minor NPCs as TheHangedMan did.

LimitlessNikkie

Your more then welcome to Joslyn. I'm creating the character thread now so if anyone edits there chafracter please please please let me know.

LimitlessNikkie

DarkRose15

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

LimitlessNikkie

Theiri and Aserit threads are now up and links can be found on the first post in this thread. The game will start with the Aserit monarchy departing for their visit to the Theiri court and Theiri preparing for their visit. Let the games begin!

Joslyn

Kiko — Juliette’s mother, age 44. Despite a difficult life, she has aged gracefully. Like her daughter she has pale skin and dark hair. Kiko was a servant in the royal palace until a brief romance with the current king resulted in her becoming pregnant. She was banished from the castle and blacklisted as a servant. With no other skills, Kiko was forced to turn to prostitution to survive. Since then she has become a seamstress and owns a small shop, with an apprentice working for her. She is currently dating another merchant, and Juli has been very pleased to see how happy her mother is lately. Kiko is no longer banned from the palace, but has no desire to go there in order to avoid stirring up trouble for her daughter.

Corporal Nira Smithson — Juliette’s bodyguard, age 22. Towering over her former commander at 5’11, Nira is also much more muscular than Juli, but not necessarily to an unattractive extent. She has fair skin and short-cropped brown hair. Nira wears chain mail armor and an imposing battle-ax rests at her back. She also carries a small crossbow. She served under Juli in the Ghosts for three years, and still calls her “Major” when there are no nobles about. Nira is constantly watching for threats and takes things too seriously, causing Juli to try to drag a laugh out of her now and then. Nira is cunning, but not necessarily intelligent. She loves the thrill of combat and is fiercely loyal to Juli. The two women were briefly lovers, but never really connected emotionally or intellectually and drifted apart.

Colonel Galen Darkstrike — Friend of Juliette, age 56. A still athletic man with graying hair and a short beard, Galen is cheerful and talkative. He is relatively wealthy but not a noble, with a comfortable estate in the city. He has a wife, three children, and five grandchildren. Founder of the Ghosts, an elite Theiri military unit. The Ghosts use hit-and-run tactics against enemy forces which threaten trade caravans, and also go behind enemy lines to interdict supplies and troop movements. Retired six years ago. Galen and Juliette act like a couple of old war buddies when left to their own devices, though he has also been a mentor and father-figure to her.

Knight-Major Sir Marius Tirgen — Commander of the Ghosts, age 31. A ruggedly handsome man who can be charismatic but whose default attitude is “condescending.” He has short brown hair, and his appearance is immaculate when he is not out in the field. In the field he wears chain armor and is armed with a short sword, buckler, and crossbow. However, when not deployed (and therefore having no need for stealth) he favors plate armor, sword, and shield. He is a knight from a wealthy background who serves out of zealous loyalty to the crown. He is a former rival of Juliette’s within the Ghosts, who felt snubbed when he was passed over for command of the unit. He is elitist, sexist, xenophobic, and opinionated, though Juli earned his gruding respect and softened his attitudes somewhat. She also taught him a lot about tactics and molded him into better officer. Juli and Marius used to get along poorly, but since he gained command of the Ghosts and learned Juli is a princess he has warmed to her considerably.

LimitlessNikkie

Your NPCs have been added Joslyn thank you for writing them up :)

MagicalPen

I second Nile Goddess's Castle Suggestion (the 2nd one linked).

Also, what are you expecting in regards to the posting rate for this?

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

TheHangedOne

I made a post. If their's anything wrong with it, I'll gladly change it.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

NileGoddess

CrazyIvan

I just hope there are more Aserit princesses, I want to try practicing.... diplomacy with them :) . Nothing against the current one it is just she is to young as is, at only 15, and they don't seem like they would get along with there personalities.

LimitlessNikkie

Base number for posting rate is once a week, more is welcome as long as you don't leave anyone behind story wise.

I'll get an OOC up in a minute, It was really late when I finished last night so honestly I forgot...:)

Recruitment will stay open for anyone who would like to join. At this moment I'm more focused on guys, since the current standing is 6 to 4 without counting NPCs.

DomShark

The Basics
Name: Eyes
Role: Sight-Hound

The Look
Height: 3'4"
Weight: 65 lbs.
Hair: Silver, black and grey
Eyes: gold
Skin: hidden
Anything else: A scar over her left eye.

The story
Likes: Outdoors, night time, human food, day naps, having low on her stomach scratched.
Dislikes: Violence, people threatening her or her Master, going hungry, horses, arrows.
Personality: Eyes is very opinionated and protective over the ones she loves. Her relationship with Sanguine is precious to her and she knows that it is mutually beneficial. She has known him for nearly all of her life and has cherished the luxury of being his eyes for him. She gets nervous and combative sometimes when he is away from her for too long and views his safety as her personal responsibility.
Habits: Whining when she doesn't like something, biting her tail, sleeping late.
Skills: Stealth has been practiced into her from years of following San on his various missions, contracts and raids. She shares his survival instinct and his love of peace. She can also take down a horse if the situation demands it.
History: Eyes' parents were killed by bandits who had stumbled upon their lair, seeking refuge from pursuing guards. Her parents killed a few of them, but the bandits eventually killed both wolves with their tools. Some of the men nearly killed Eyes as well, before Sanguine took up the fight to save her life. He killed far more of the men than her parents did, even with his problem, San had saved her life. She still wears the scar from that day, and the two have been inseparable ever since.

DarkRose15

Quote from: CrazyIvan on June 27, 2011, 03:41:11 PM
I just hope there are more Aserit princesses, I want to try practicing.... diplomacy with them :) . Nothing against the current one it is just she is to young as is, at only 15, and they don't seem like they would get along with there personalities.
I changed her age to 16 since she was too young.

Joslyn

Quote from: CrazyIvan on June 27, 2011, 03:41:11 PM

So, you're saying you don't want to get all George-Michael Bluth with Juli? :P j/k

DarkRose15

Quote from: Joslyn on June 29, 2011, 12:43:53 AM
So, you're saying you don't want to get all George-Michael Bluth with Juli? :P j/k
LOL!  ;D

ZameRagues

Interested in a Thief ring based in Aserit?

Could be hired to collect info for either kingdom, most likely Aserit to find info on Theiri.
Thought it would be fitting seeing that Theiri has a spying jester.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

LimitlessNikkie

ZameRagues - I'm trying to keep the number of rogues down so as not to overwhelm the royals. Right now there's on true unbound hired rogue and the jester who is transitional against 7 bound characters. I'm not opposed to a single thief in fact it would be welcome but at the moment a ring is out of the question untill we get more royals/nobles to even out the numbers.

kasper

I'm interested in playing the Heir of Aserit.

Here's my character skeleton:

The Basics
Name: Omar
Sex: Male.
Orientation: Asexual, though he is not above using sex as a tactic to help aide his family's cause.
Role: Heir of Aserit

The Look
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 195lbs
Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Mahogany
Skin: Olive, lightly tanned
Anything else: Battle scars, family crest tattooed over heart.

The story

Likes: Power, dominance, superiority, loyalty, competition, challenges, victory, fighting.
Dislikes: Feeling vulnerable, disloyalty, foolishness.
Personality: Omar is a man with purpose and serves that purpose dutifully. Though quite charming in the public eye to win the hearts of his kingdom, he is much more quiet and closed when the public eye is cast away. He has a very serious demeanour about him and has often been described as some cold to those that truly know him. However, despite this distance that seems to settle between him and the rest of the world, it is known that his heart is true and belongs wholly to his family and kingdom.
Habits: Rubbing at a shoulder when speaking- some what of a nervous tick. Holding eye contact which often makes others uncomfortable.
Skills: Omar is a fierce warrior and perhaps Aserit's most promising warrior, having been trained by the best (such as by his father) and having a determination stronger than any child around him while growing up. He has sharp wit, a strong hand, honed skills and a willing heart. He prefers the weight of a hammer in his hand as opposed to any sword and is strangely skilled with such an odd choice of weapon, but is often found wielding a sword or spear. He is rather skilled in archery as well, phenomenal aim on horseback. His archery skill is praised to be one of the best the world has seen but is often times hailed as second to Princess Juliette of Theiri.
History: Being the heir of Aserit has definitely taken its toll on Omar. Since he was little he was raised to be a King and so his childhood was sacrificed. When his younger siblings were born, Omar saw that they had much more of a childhood than he, not having to bear the responsibility he did. This caused him to be a bit distanced from his younger siblings and even some what envious of both their childhood and bond. However, Omar knows that such a sacrifice must be made to uphold such a kingdom and wouldn't change a thing if he had to do it over.

Omar feels the weight of his kingdom upon his shoulders. Despite not yet wearing the crown, Omar would gladly trade his life in order to defend his kingdom and its people. He is perhaps a haunting image of his father, when it comes to how he looks upon his responsibility and how he was raised. The kingdom feels secure knowing that Omar is to take Archibald's place one day.

NO LOOSE ENDS; LET NONE BE THE NOOSE.

LimitlessNikkie

Looks great octopusdreams welcome to Aserit. Links are in the first post, and I'll add your character to the character sheet and name to the list.

kasper

LimitlessNikkie

Calling all guys!!! Ever wanted to play a knight, a lord or even a king? Theiri is the place for you!!! Surround yourself with beautiful woman, fine arts, good drink and an atmosphere that promotes exploration of all kinds ;) come joining our magical kingdom today!

Shaitan

The Basics
Name: Gerrard
Orientation: hetero
Role: Heir of Theiri

The Look
Height: 6'1
Weight: 265
Eyes: Green
Skin: Pale
Anything else: He bears a long twisting design crossing his shoulders and down his left arm the design is simplistic, but comes alive with his movements when seen bare.  His physical form is built solidly, almost as though to press upon others even beyond the thin barrier of his skin. 

The story
Likes: As a heterosexual sadist he takes pleasure in the cries of pain and pleasure from women he has bound . Though he knows that of all things his own sadism may be his greatest weakness, he keeps his desires tightly bound, but well sated when possible.
Dislikes: Gerrard dislikes anything to be too easy because anything too easy must be a trap, challenge is best.
Personality: Gerrard seeks pleasure in the finer things, seeking art and beauty in the canvas of flesh. He knows that art must have conflict and it must have peace to thrive. He knows that an inevitable war between Aserit and Theiri is ruinous to both. He is an accomplished martial artist, though he keeps this hidden from most. In his experiences he has found that whether moral or immoral choices always cost, that as a ruler to be of any kind, in any position of power, the balance of choice favors either those who rise above all that around them, or those who use that around them to attain their goals. The best choices are non-violent, but violence has it's purpose, however distasteful. In the end there is no right, there is no wrong, only effective.
Habits: He maintains his gaze upon any he meets, squaring off against the target of his gaze. His focus is oftentimes unsettling. Gerrard's eyes will wander amongst any female before him. Gerrard seeks to find out any information that can be used whether from allies or foes, neither makes a difference to him, for any foe may become a friend, and any friend the most dangerous of enemies.
Skills: extensive unarmed martial arts training with dance like forms, some limited background amongst harder forms, for all art has soft surfaces and hard edges. He has extensively studied history to satisfy his drive to not allow the kingdom he knows that he will one day rule to fall as but a sidenote in the annals of history. He has made a study of the resources of the countries surrounding Theiri, looking to find any leverage he may apply to ease things into a more fortuitous structure.

History: Gerrard seeks pleasure in the finer things, seeking art and beauty in the canvas of flesh. As an hair to Theiri he has been exposed to many experiences that other nations might find vile in the name of seeking pleasures. He has found deep desires on the weary flesh after great exertion whether from sexual relations or from the dance like martial arts with which he has trained all of his life. Only passing as just a swordsman he shines when melding the blade with the martial arts he has grown up with. In his youth he would sneak out to see what the royal family may not see from the airy heights of the palace. During his pursuits he found darker pleasures than what might have been available to nobles at least those available through open doors. He found much of these to his liking, he avoids the use of any drugs that might alter his perceptions, for he has seen the depths to which those addictions lead in the rotting desperate eyes in the poorest of hovels. Watching the brawls in the dark taverns he knows that there is no such thing as fair, only odds and manipulation, and from the courts that few but the most brutish of dangers will advertise themselves without keeping further weapons hidden away for much later. He knows that art must have conflict and it must have peace to thrive and build up from the stresses of conflict. He knows that an inevitable war between Aserit and Theiri is ruinous to both. He is an accomplished martial artist, though he keeps this hidden from most. In his experiences he has found that whether moral or immoral choices always cost, that as a ruler to be of any kind, in any position of power, the balance of choice favors either those who rise above all that around them, or those who use that around them to attain their goals. The best choices are non-violent, but violence has it's purpose, however distasteful. In the end there is no right, there is no wrong, only effective.

LimitlessNikkie

Welcome Shaitan!!! Your Heir looks wonderful welcome to the Theiri court!!!

LimitlessNikkie

I'll talk it over with the citizens of Aserit and let you know, though at the at the moment we are kind of heavy on Aserit royals with both a king and queen and three children (2 princes and a princess) so unless your dead set on Aserit, Theiri could really use another court member.

Either way I'll contact Aserit and let you know. Thank you for your interest.

LimitlessNikkie

I've been keeping magic minimal but if you have an idea you can PM it to me (it's not completely out of the question) and I'll consider how it'll work into the plot I'm trying to run.

Avella

Hi there:

I am interested in submitting a character for play in either Aserit or Theiri.  She would be a member of the Royal family.  I would perfer to be in Aserit but am flexable if needed elsewhere.

Please advise.

Thanks
"Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything."

- George Bernard Shaw

I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Snake

(oh am I up for this!)

floatleft]The Basics
Name: Avalon Sabreheim
Orientation: Hetero
Role: Duke of Aserit (King's Cousin)

The Look
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 164 lbs
Eyes: Red
Skin: Fair, Light-tan
Anything else: Pierced ears, Red-rune tattoos around upper arms and across upper chest.

The story
Likes: Big Breasts, Power, Wealth, Control, Honor (even though he himself probably doesn't have any, he likes the fact he can force people with it to do things they wouldn't normally do)
Dislikes: Disloyalty, Disobedience, Liars (Other than himself)
Personality: Avalon is a bastard for a reason, he wants his cousin's throne but nobody seems to recognize that fact.  He's not illegitimate per se but he isn't really in the line of heirs to the kingdom which pisses him off to no limit.  He enjoys manipulating people and having control of them (directly or indirectly). He is very arrogant and practically bleeds confidence.  So far, nobody's seen something resembling a "good side."
Habits: WiP
Skills: Horse-back riding, Mastery of Archery and Sword-play, doublespeak (saying one thing then meaning something else at the same time).
History: Avalon was probably the first born of the heirs to Aserit but because of his lust for power and sociopathic nature, he wasn't listed officially as one.  When he was young he wanted to prove that he could do it and excelled in whatever he was taught to do from Archery to horsemanship and swordsmanship. But all that ability just went to his head and didn't do much for his ambition to sit upon the throne of the kingdom. 

(thsi is still a WiP contact me if you have suggestions on what needs to be fixed/added/removed)

LimitlessNikkie

Aserit is no longer accepting applications save for those who have already shown interest. Thank you.

LimitlessNikkie

You'll need to send a detailed outline of your idea to me and how you think it'll work in this game for revaiw before I can say weather it'll be allowed.

peterhere

I would love to apply for the Theiri king if it is still available?
The meaning of life, is to grant life meaning.
My ideas: elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133385.msg5936486#msg5936486

LimitlessNikkie

Yay! Yes it definatly is. I'd love to see a bio peterhere!

RedEve

Would you be interested in a noblewoman of Theiri who acts as a guard captain/bodyguard to the royal family?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

peterhere

The Basics
Name: King Garawin of Theiri
Role: King of Theiri
Player: peterhere

The Look
Height: 183cm
Weight: 80kg
Hair:Blond
Eyes:Blue
Skin:White

The story
Likes: Philosophy, knowledge, intelligence, enlightenment, debate, trade, wellfare, universal systems.
Dislikes: Greed, ignorance, crime, war.

Personality: The king has a warm polite aura around himself. Yet seen at moments, he is known to bringing down righteousness with rough consequences. He is the kind of person who thinks twice before speaking. A high sense of justice often weight his decisions, earning him a glorious reputation.

Habits: The king is often caught gazing towards the stars at nightfall. At moments during heavy debate, a sly smirk can be seen sliding across the kings lips. People's dedication to defend opinions and meanings causes a spark in the King's eyes, radiating his enjoyment through his bodylanguage.

Skills: Highly educated. A wide specter of knowledge reaching from alchemy to religion.

History: Garawin was born into the royal family by blood. As most of the ones carrying the Theiri royal blood, he showed remarkable intelligence at early age. With royal wealth, his family made sure to grant him the best possible education the country had to offer. Already at the age of fourteen, did he gain diplomas within mathematics, alchemy and astrology. Finding himself in his his early manhood, he continued his studies within literature, history and religion. When finally subseeding his father and receiving the throne, he was one of the most educated persons alive.

As according to custom, he received the officer title by blood. At young age, he entered the battle. But Garawin never found his place among the bloodshed of his brethren. War and tactics never appealed to the prince, even though forced at him. During a retreating battle, his life was saved by Lorenso Florencia, the man who was later to become his personal guard, friend and commanding officer. By receiving the title as First Blade, Lorenso was presented to the court in a official manner. Though rumours that their friendship concealed his title, Lorenso's blade shortly proved them wrong.

Entering the world as a young adult, Garawin's curiosity led him to explore forbidden lust. What had started as a childish flirt with one of his servants, brought fourth a daughter of royal blood. Though when informed of this, the young prince denied all relations to the poor young woman and ordered her exile from the kingdom. If a rumour like that would have reached his father, his throne inherited would be at stake.

When his father, the previous king fell into illness; the time came for him to choose a queen. Like so many before him, Garawin called the most beautiful women across the kingdom to join him at his castle. One by one they all sieved out by unknown reasons. Until only one remained; the now crowned Queen Lyssa Highgarden. In time, she would bring him their first born; Richard. The young man that is now standing next in line to the throne, was brought up during to Theiri's custom. Receiving the same education as the current King once endured. Not being a very active military king, Garawin releaves much of his responsibilities to Lorenso and his first born son, Henrik, who seems much more found by the art of war.

In his late days, he was to be reunited by his oldest daughter. Now a fully grown man, the king was embarrassed by his previous cowardice to hide his own acts. Comming clean, he announced the origin of her blood to the people. Wanting to compensate to his sins, the King awarded her the title Baroness of Greycastle. Once an extinct family, it was reborn like a phoenix. But now, it contains royal blood.

DarkRose15

Quote from: Victor on August 30, 2011, 10:51:57 PM
Since my previous idea was taken...

I would like to ask if it would be possible to play the leader of a mercenary group/thieves guild that portrays themselves as traveling entertainers. Sort of a Cirque du Soleil where all of them can apply their special talents to combat and stealth.
I look forward to seeing the char ^_^!

kasper

The Basics
Name: Elise Theiri
Role: Princess of Theiri
Played by: octopusdreams

The Look
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 100 lbs
Hair: Light Brown
Eyes: Light Brown
Skin: Creamy White
Any thing else: Often dresses in lace and frills. Has an innocent, charming look about her.

The story:
Likes: Flattery, materialistic trinkets, lace, clothes, money, ordering people around, making others angry.
Dislikes: Her twin brother, being ignored, when her beauty is unappreciated.
Personality: Despite Elise's sweet and charming look, she is a rather pompous young lady. She often takes advantage of her bloodline, ordering people to do this and that. She abuses any female maids by degrading them or ordering them to do degrading acts. However, around any male she dangles herself before their eyes, enjoying their eyes on her but of course lets them know they're never good enough for her. She steps on people and treats most every body like dirt.
Habits: Fiddling over her appearance such as hair or the way her breasts look in her dress. "Hmmph-ing" when she doesn't get her way.
Skills: Looking good, manipulating others, social upkeep.
History: Elise is a twin. She was born into the royal family and raised. Like her mother, she looks like a delicate flower the only difference is that she is quite delicate. So weak that she cannot ever hope to fend for her own safety if need be, but, that is what the guards are for so she doesn't concern herself over the matter and her stuck up attitude shows.

The Basics
Name: Roran Theiri (Often goes by Rory)
Orientation: Bi-curious
Role: Prince of Theiri
Played by: octopusdreams

The Look
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 98 lbs
Hair: Auburn
Eyes: Auburn
Skin: Creamy White
Anything else: Some times mistaken for a girl. Both ears pierced.

The story:
Likes: Smiling, flowers, the small things in life, most animals, people, perfumes, sunshine, his twin sister.
Dislikes: Cats, foul smells, frowning, fighting.
Personality: Roran is a rather petite boy and not at all masculine. He is innocent, naive and sweet. He wears his heart on his sleeve and is seemingly incapable of hiding his feelings. He often follows his sister around like a lost pup. He admires strong people but sees strength differently than most. He, like is sister is weak- save he is even weaker, being more fragile to other peoples opinions about him. He doesn't have much self confidence and so is prone to apologizing often. He gets excited easily, especially when others are friendly to him.
History: Roran is a twin. He was born and raised in the Theiri family. He is fond of his family and enjoys watching them go about their duties and training- such as watching Juliette train, or his brother practice his martial arts. He is particularly fond of Lady Fool, adoring her to no end and treating her as if she herself is a blood sibling. He is often left out of family business due to being a terrible liar.

DarkRose15

Both of those characters are really cool :) I'll send Nikkie a pm shortly to let her know and ask her if she has anything she would like to see or add ^_^! Very good choice in character art as well!

Jason

The Basics
Name: Fabris Scourgeheim
Role: King of Theiri
Player: Crazy Jay

The Look
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 270lbs
Hair: Orange
Eyes: Green
Skin: Darkish White
Anything else: Large Beard

The story
Likes: Weaponry, Combat, Justice, Power, Beauty, Intelligence, Alcohol
Dislikes: Disobedience, crime, being challenged.
Personality: The King of Theiri is from an outsider's aspect a harsh and brutal monarch who often shows little mercy to any criminal. He's very intruged by military advancements and weaponry improvements and posseses a lust for battle often unrivaled. People believe that it is the Queen who keeps this man from going tyrantical. However, the king's heart is actually soft and kind, generous and forgiving. This jollier side is only shown to those the king can trust or who he sees worthy of it. Lethal with any known weapon, he will easily and brutally defend his castle on the frontline with a lion's heart.
Habits: He has a passion for cake. Not eating, just marvelling at the majestic and elegant designs and twists and turns made in the beautifully crafted treat. Also quite forgetful.
Skills: Politics, Swordsmanship, Chivalry, Courage, Jack of all Weapons.
History: The King of Theiri was raised in the noble tradition as always it should be, he learnt how to conduct himself, how to rule a country, everything he would need to become a king. However he took a love to swordsmanship and excelled in his combat training with his tutor every single session. He later expanded his weaponry range from swords to maces, flails, spears, rapiers, bows, he had learnt a lot from a wide variety, but none of these weapons are matched to his sword mastery. He favoured the art of combat.

Soon after he ascended to the throne as the King of Theiri, the citezens proudunder his rule. However, like all other Kings, Fabris invested a large summary of funds towards the culture of Theiri, advancing the artistic and musical economies, etc. Soonafter he engaged a relationship with one of his servants which was seen as unfit, and he abadonded the mother to his castle. It was then when Fabris then grew lonely and bega his search for a Queen, visiting many places and electing eligible candidates. Strangely the candidates withered to the current queen Lyssa Highgarden. Ever since his coronation he truly has been on a downfall after falling ill recently. But soon he will awaken...

Swordsman18

I would be interested in joining and am still working on a character concept.

Jason

Cancel my character please. I'm a little busy.

Montagne

Hey, I'd love to play as a Theiri, a male nobleman who is the "First sword" (a sort of city champion, common in Greek societies of ancient times, up to the medievel era, anyone who has seen/read game of thrones think Sirrio Forel) , and now runs many of the pleasure houses and trading caravans (whats left) and is essentially in charge of dealing with the countries finances. Full post to be made ASAP

Im also willing to make a King of Theiri, assuming there is no other interest, but the noble would be my first choice

Montagne

The Basics       
Name: Lorenso Florencia
Sex: male
Role: First sword of Theiri, Noble
Player:Red Doctor

The Look
Height: 5’8”
Weight:180 pounds
Hair:dirty blonde tumbling curls, to the neck
Eyes:Light Brown
Skin: Lightly Tanned
Anything else: A rugged, chiselled jaw line, a neatly shaved beard, muscular frame, left handed

The story
Likes: Art, Music, Sailing, fencing, Dance, Beauty, Stars, Science & Women much too young for him
Dislikes:Disrespect, Savages, People who threaten/hurt the weak or defenceless

Personality: Very loyal to his friends, particularly the old King Theiri. Always loud, and slightly flamboyant with his speech, he quickly makes an impression on everyone he meets, usually good. He has a great love for all forms of art, from dance to music, song, sculpture and painting, and represents a more refined edge to the Theiri military. Recently engaged on the front lines pushing back the Aserit, his unconventional tactics, along with the help of the ghosts helping him stay one step ahead of the game. He has returned on news of the peace treaty to act as a guard for the royal family, far better at carrying himself in court than most.  He has always had a love for women, never married, he feels that his passion should not be tied by titles. However most of the ladies he currently has his eyes on are around 30 years his junior, not that it bothers him.

Skills: Sword Master, Artist, Musician, tactician, trader, courtesan and public speaker

History: Born to a rather rich, if unremarkable, lord of one the Theiri’s major trade guilds, Lorenso grew up learning the various tools of the civilised lords, the arts, sciences, maths and trade skills necessary to take other his Fathers business. But he yearned for adventure, and when he was young, joined the previous kings army, given a low command position on account of his father’s position within the nobility.

With little knowledge of the sword, he used the skills he had been taught, the dance. Picking up a light rapier, and entering the field without armour, he spun around the clunky enemy men, stabbing and slashing, ducking and weaving, soon turning his battle stance into an artful display of thrusts and parries. It was during his early days as a soldier, during some great sweeping melee on the fields of Theiri that Lorenso crossed the current King, only a fledgling prince of the time. As the battle turned against him, the Princes guards cut down Lorenso helped defend and push back the savage oponents, saving the Princes life countless times with parries and pushes to move him away from the enemies steel.

That night after the battle they drank and laughed together, and Lorenso and his few surviving men became part of the Princes honour guard, and from that moment onwards Lorenso has always been at his side. He was there on the trip to Highgarden to meet the princes wife, throughout his reign, and the unending war and peace with the Aserit people.

When he turned 30, he challenged the then current First Sword of Theiri to single combat, and forced him to yeild. With this he became the First Sword of Theiri, the champion of the nation. He can be challenged at any time for the title, as he is occasionally, by brave youths looking for glory, with more guts than sense. He fights them with a blunt sword, perfectly balanced, and turns their blades asides, knocking them to the floor, making every attempt to spare their lives, but occasionally, they will never yield.

(as a note, this isn't yet the finished character description, just as I want to make a few changes, mostly just changing stuff like "The king" and "The prince" to the characters actual name when we get a player)

LimitlessNikkie

Avella, octopusdreams and Red Docter your profiles are approved and added to the character thread.

Snake I would loved to see your finished profile from you.

RedEve thats a great idea I'd love to see a profile if your still interested.

peterhere, The king role is a very large one. I'd like to see a bit more history before approving it.

kasper

Hey Nikkie, I was wondering instead of Theiri children you wanted the twins to be cousins to the Theiri children?

peterhere

Snake

I did fix it. I just updated it in the form of an edit.

LimitlessNikkie

@ octopusdreams: either is fine with me whatever you would prefure.

@ peterhere: Thank you and welcome to Theiri!

@ snake: Sorry for the confusion it still said w.i.p. Your approved welcome to Aserit.

Because of growing interest I'm opening up roles for the Gypsies! Roles and details will be added to the opening post for all those interested.

rancorius

kasper

Snake

Thanks you. :3 but can I get a PM'ed link to the OOC? I'm having a helluva time finding it.

LimitlessNikkie

@ reancorius yes of course!!!

@ octopusdreams ok sounds good I'll correct the character thread.

@ snake the OOC link is in the first post but I'll pm it to you later when I'm not on my phone.

kasper

The Basics

Name: Morgana Effinger
Orientation: Bisexual
Role: Ever loyal hand maiden to Naomi.
Played By: octopusdreams

The Look

Height: 5'7" (Though gains a few inches with her heeled boots.)
Weight: 130 lbs
Hair: Black as a raven's wing.
Eyes: Venomous green.
Skin: Pale white.
Anything else: Tattoos on shoulders and upper back.

The Story

Likes: Naomi, cleanliness, order, calm animals, reading, learning, rain, spiders, great bodies of water, watching training/battles/arena matches, art, passion.

Dislikes: Meat, messiness, hot heat, indecisiveness, Naomi's parents.

Personality: Morgana's beauty is captivating but she still has a somewhat aloof persona about her being. Ever loyal to her mistress Naomi, Morgana is always ready and willing to carry out any order Naomi has for her. She is ever observant and calculating, making her a handy asset in Naomi's arsenal. Despite seeming some what cold to those who are unfamiliar with her, she has been known to laugh and smile often, especially when in the presence of the little rascal Lenally. While she has a few good friends, her loyalty lays wholly with Naomi.

Habits: Morgana has a dreadful habit of staring off into space and some times nodding off, due to sleep having a hard time finding her on most nights.

Skills: While Morgana is trained to use a rapier, her talent lies in the mastery and vast knowledge of poisons. The woman can kill or disable within half a second if you're on her list. On top of that she has a rather sharp memory as well as sharp wits. She organizes and runs a network of spies to keep her Lady always in the know. She has an uncanny ability to accurately read others.

History: Morgana can't recall what it's like not to serve others, having served Naomi since she muttered her first words. She finds joy in assisting Naomi and takes her duty seriously. While she has always been counted as one of the most able of hand maidens, it wasn't until after the incident of Naomi's innocence being taking that she became very protective of Naomi, feeling that the tragedy was in part her fault. Deciding never to fail her mistress again, she has wholly given herself to serving and protecting Naomi, making it her sole duty.

Being raised in the castle and growing in the company of Naomi and her siblings, Morgana is quite familiar with all three of the other Aserit children. She has a strong admiration and respect for both the Aserit brothers, though is more comfortable around Omar since he was closest of the two to Naomi. She adores Lenally and sympathizes with the girl for having a rather strict mother. She dislikes both the Queen and King, though perhaps despising the Queen and only fearing the King.

Morgana is rather fond of sex, though maybe not as much as her mistress. In attempt to quench Naomi's sexual appetite, Morgana has often given her mistress herself out of loyalty and devotion and perhaps for personal gratification...

Swordsman18

The Basics

Name: Sir Adrian Harrison

Role: Asterit Knight

Played by: Swordsman18

The Look

Height: 6ft

Weight: 185lbs

Hair: Dirty Blonde

Skin: White

The Story

Dislikes: Dishonor, Those who ignore or abandon their duty.

Personality: A dutiful person whose only real ambition is to gain recognition for his abilities to help others that he believes is innocent as well as protect the royal family in order to keep things into the best possible configuration since upheaval typically leads t the death of several innocents

Habits: Anything that allows him to be useful in his quest to be helpful to others such exercise, studying books and other things to keep him at 100 percent.

Skills: Sword fighting , Horseback riding, jousting, wearing armor, some battle strategy, and protection of the Royal Family

History:
He was an orphan at the beginning of his life trapped in an orphanage with boys that were quite shunned by society catching the eye of a nobleman who took him in as a page in his house. Adrian was well behaved and did his best to impress his head of household with his skills. Over time of course Adrian grew up to be invaluable to the noble and was thus allowed to take on the nobleman’s last name as payment for his good service.

He then began his time as a squire for the noble family doing guard duty, being trained in combat, horse riding, and all of other things that were going to be required for Knighthood. This had been his goal since he had first ever seen a knight and definitely wanted to join their ranks. But of course he was nothing but a lowly squire for the longest time since it required noble recognition in order to become a knight and join those with many years before him.

His chance came and he took it when there was an assassination attempt on the queen which he quelled with a blade to the chest of the attacker since he was the one that was the fastest to react as well as the only one to decide to fight an attacker with a poisoned blade. And for that he was knighted and became a guard at court since he was more than willing to give his life for the royal family. This is a duty that he works to fulfill with his full and utter ability.

LimitlessNikkie

Swordman thank you for your interest in this game but at this time we are not accepting applications for Aserit, as noted in the first post.

AngelicBlade

Erm, do you need another male? If so I'm interested and avalable, I can post atleast three times a day, and I have an, in my oppion, odd character for this roleplay. *shrugs* Anywho let me know if you need a male character.

LimitlessNikkie

Hello! we can always use another player. Currently roles are open for the gypsy camp and for the kingdom of Nydewia. All the information of the game can be found at our Wiki. If you have any question feel free to ask. I can't wait to see what you add to the game.

Rhaegar14

Definitely interested in playing a Nydewian, especially the King. Horse-hordes are awesome.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

LimitlessNikkie

Great!! I'd love to see a profile from you.

AngelicBlade

Hm, could I play a gypsy warrior/guard type thing? Because in their info it just says they're thieves and entertainers.

LimitlessNikkie

The gypsies are pretty free form so pretty much anything you come up with for them will be ok.

AngelicBlade

Well that's no fun :P, nah I'm just joking, I think I'll stick to your info and be a gypsy ranger/hunter aka an Archer, I will have a character sheet up soon :D

Rhaegar14

How high-fantasy is this game? Gonna edit in the profile skeleton and start working on it in a minute here.

The Basics
Name: King Haidar of the Rampage
Orientation: Hetero
Role: King of Nydewia
Player: Rhaegar14

The Look
Height: 6'10"
Weight: 270 lbs.
Hair: Long, Unkempt, Black.
Eyes: Green.
Skin: Dark Tan.
Anything else: Black, tribal tattoos cover every inch of his body from the neck down. They are symbols of strength, power, and royalty, and Nydewian kings are typically decorated in this fashion. He is covered in thick, corded muscle.

The story
Likes: Any variety of fighting or riding, feasts, excessive drinking, music, partying, good company (subjective), good cheer, women of all sorts, raiding and pillaging, horses, well-crafted weapons, honor (though it doesn't always translate perfectly).
Dislikes: His responsibilities (particularly diplomacy), weaklings, cowards, men who have no honor, men who are not warriors, "civilized" living, dress codes.
Personality: Haidar is an interesting individual. On the surface, he is everything one would expect a Nydewian king to be; loud, crude, bloodthirsty, lecherous, and prone to over-indulgence. The personification of everything that Nydewia is and everything that the other nations expect from his people. But in spite of his culture and the way of life that he loves so, Haidar knows it cannot last. The legendary horselords were of an age past; his people must evolve or die at the hands of those who do. Theirs shall always be the ways of horse and warrior, but it cannot always be the way of the nomad, or they shall be conquered and left with no ways at all.

Despite how he loathes it, Haidar is a fair king to his people. While he is not always the one garrisoned in one of the three castles, he ensures that the individual there is a male noble and head of his household; someone with actual power, not a figurehead. In negotiations, he is shrewd and relentless; he will not accept inequitable terms.

Haidar's anger is strong and not easily quelled. Among his people, his rage is well-known and his battle-fury is legendary. It is said that when his fury is on him in full, he feels no pain and ignores wounds that would kill normal men. While these tales are exaggerated, they are based in truth.
Habits: Haidar is always dressed in full battle regalia; a leather tunic with bronze rings sewn into the chest, boiled leather bracers, white breeches, and boots of the same leather. While he usually carries all of his weapons on his person, he absolutely never goes anywhere without his trusty falchion; he has created problems in the past at diplomatic meetings when guards tried to confiscate it. He snores loudly.
Skills: Mastery of sword, bow, spear/trident, knife, and handaxe, battle-fury, expert horseman and breeder, throws amazing feasts. An amateur poet, oddly enough.
History: Haidar was born as the first son of the last Nydewian king, and was raised with the intent of following in his father's footsteps. His father was the well-known king who raised the three castles in Nydewia, and it was from his father that he learned that the nomadic lifestyle of their people could not last forever. When his father died of a weak heart, Haidar assumed the throne without a hitch at the age of twenty-one. He earned recognition in battle against the Aserits, but in the last few months has ordered skirmishes with the rival kingdom to cease upon pain of death. With the battles between Theiri and Aserit escalating, Haidar knows that the cultured people of Theiri will need Nydewia to have a chance of defeating Aserit militarily, so for now he is biding his time to see the terms they will offer him. He has yet to marry and has no legitimate heirs.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

LimitlessNikkie

It's not fantisy really. I mean it's a made up world but theres not really any magic or anything, the closest thing is the potions that come out of Coakin. For all intensive perposes this is realistic.

Rhaegar14

Alright. That was the idea I got, but I was making sure before my horselord is running around all mundane while everybody else is blasting nukes out of their swords. XD

LimitlessNikkie

Rhaegar14

LimitlessNikkie

He looks wonderful Rhaegar. I'm creating a desert girl for him to play against until more people join the Nydewia court. Should be ready tomarrow I believe.

Rhaegar14

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on September 24, 2011, 02:23:48 AM
He looks wonderful Rhaegar. I'm creating a desert girl for him to play against until more people join the Nydewia court. Should be ready tomarrow I believe.

Whose character is leading the Theirins? I'd like to talk to them about playing out some negotiations; that whole "abruptly stopped raiding to put pressure on Theiri" was supposed to be a way of hooking Nydewia into the overarching plot. XD

LimitlessNikkie

Rhaegar14

Uhh... whose permission do you need? XD

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

Hey Nikkie,

I was wondering if it's not too late to jump in on this. I know that applications have closed for the Kingdom of Theiri but the lifestyle and customs there really appeal to me. I'd be happy to be a very minor noble, assigned to someone more important's command due to my mastery of military strategy along with politics. If Joslyn wouldn't mind I'd like to be assigned to her character, Juliette Greycastle, as she's the kind of leader I'd be happy to serve under.

I'll do a write up as soon as possible if you're okay with this.

EDIT: On second thoughts Nydewia is looking awfully lonely so I'll play as a noble from there. My profile should be up soon.
"She is all the great heroines of the world in one. She is more than an individual. I love her, and I must make her love me. I want to make Romeo jealous. I want the dead lovers of the world to hear our laughter, and grow sad. I want a breath of our passion to stir dust into consciousness, to wake their ashes in pain."

Can You Cast Me Far From Grace? ~ Ons and Offs (WIP)

Sic Transit Seraphim ~ Apologies, Absences and Admiral Ackbar

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

The Basics
Name: Olivia Wilde
Orientation: Bisexual (Prefers females)
Role: Noble of Nydewia, Strategist
Player: MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

The Look

Height: 5’2”
Weight: 103 lbs.
Hair: Long, black and incredibly neat unlike most Nydewians
Eyes: Pale Grey
Skin: Pale unlike most Nydewians
Anything Else: An oddity in the Nydewia court, Olivia looks truly out of place amidst the nomadic court due to her foreign ancestry. With pale skin and a small physique, Olivia is incredibly neat and refuses to allow her body to be given any of the tribal tattoos that define the court. Despite her nomadic desert lifestyle she still somehow remains pale and at least looks unfit, without a single callous on her smooth skin even after years of riding across the desert plains.

The Story
Likes: Reading, Writing, Poetry, Etiquette, Diplomacy, Romance, Military Strategy, Intellectuals, Anyone Virtuous
Dislikes: Nomadic Lifestyle, Fighting, Loutish Behaviour, Excessive Drinking, Most Warriors, Snoring

Personality: An incredibly smart, sophisticated woman, Olivia is often seen as the very opposite of the stereotypical Nydewian. An intellectual through and through, she often has very little to say to anyone and when she does she is often softly spoken and polite. Curiously enough, Olivia views warfare not as a brutal, bloody affair but as a problem to be solved like a puzzle. Far removed from the blood and gore of battle she has no qualms about using brutal tactics such as fire attacks, destroying dams to create a flood and other such devastating strategies in order to achieve maximum effectiveness. Her distance from warfare and lack of any sense of connection with others makes her quite detached. However if she were ever to fall under the command of someone who truly cared deeply about those under their command and refused her tactics should the human cost be too high it would potentially have a positive influence on her, provided that this commander were able to gain her respect as well.

Despite seeming cold towards others, Olivia simply has difficulty making friends with others as she has never found anyone she shares much in common with. Beneath her cool, sophisticated demeanour lies the heart of a sweet, innocent young girl who simply seeks a friend, along with a challenge and a purpose in life.

Habits: An intellectual, Olivia almost always has a tome of some kind in her hands and carries a satchel at her side filled with bottles of ink, quills, parchment as well as scrolls and books. She also has a peculiar habit of walking through pub brawls and even battlefields unarmed and unattended, somehow escaping attention as she passes through to attend to “more important” affairs.

Skills: Diplomacy, Debating, Writing, Military Strategy, Analysing Others

History: An orphan from the small village of Sahal along the border of Nydewia and Theiri, Olivia spent the earliest portion of her life within the confines of an orphanage, far removed from conflict. Given a proper education and classes in etiquette, Olivia was an extremely lonely child who compensated by immersing herself fully in her studies. Developing a reputation as a child genius, she never connected well with others due to the others orphans being childish and loutish in her opinion. As she blossomed into a teenager, Olivia took all she had learned from her early years of reading the works of great philosophers, warriors and kings, and began to publish several treatises on politics, with some even finding their way into the courts of nobles.

Being given the epithet of “Prodigy of Sahal”, one of her lesser known works on military strategy found its way into the hands of the Nydewian warrior, Baldur. Intrigued by the young woman’s insight for military strategy he soon set forth for Sahal and adopted Olivia as his own daughter, bringing her back with him to Nydewia. Despite clearly not being Baldur’s daughter, this did not impact on her greatly as Nydewian custom often saw those considered worthy of merit being adopted into the family of warriors and treated as equals. Introducing Baldur’s small band to new formations and tactics, Olivia assisted Baldur into rising from a small time horselord into the chieftain responsible for guarding one of the three major castles in Nydewia with the title “Baldur the Great”.

However Olivia rapidly came to despise the Nydewian court, which was so drastically different from what she considered to be befitting of a gathering of true nobility. Her intellectualism was looked down upon as unnecessary elitism by many and books were even harder to come across than a meaningful conversation. Worst still, she was forced to stop writing to her pen pals in Theiri and Aserit, as it was considered treasonous to communicate with the enemy. (As such, some of the other characters may unknowingly be a former friend of Olivia’s in their youth).

Despite being the opposite of everything it meant to be a Nydewian, both in personality and appearance, she was seen as something of an exotic beauty by the warriors of Nydewia who often tried to court her to no avail. Frustrated and bored with her life, Olivia often manipulated the men who formed the court in a complicated cloak-and-dagger game of politics, becoming a key behind the scenes player in the rise and fall of many a young warrior. Despite this often serving her mysterious purposes towards some kind of unknown endgame, she curiously once remarked to a disgraced warrior who asked her why she plays these games that she “was just bored and wanted to pass the time.”

However even this wearisome existence was not to last, as with the rapid changes occurring in Nydewia, Olivia was sent by Baldur as a gift to the roaming court of King Haidar of the Rampage. She soon became a close confidant of King Haidar’s, taking care of many of the duties he found irritating including monitoring the treasury, organising his schedule and other administrative duties. Despite her quiet dislike of Haidar she was always polite and charming in his presence, ensuring that he never came to dislike her. Curiously enough the two of them have even bonded slightly over the King’s strange love of poetry. With Nydewia about to enter into negotiations with other states, Olivia is almost always at the King’s side, serving as one of his chief advisors, diplomats and, in some cases, even a military strategist. Her motives, as always, remain unclear although many believe that she seeks the two things she has never possessed in life; an intellectual equal, whether they be a friend or a rival, and a purpose in life for which to use her great gifts.
"She is all the great heroines of the world in one. She is more than an individual. I love her, and I must make her love me. I want to make Romeo jealous. I want the dead lovers of the world to hear our laughter, and grow sad. I want a breath of our passion to stir dust into consciousness, to wake their ashes in pain."

AngelicBlade

The Basics
Name: Zyel Nefeir
Role: Gypsy Leader
Player: AngelicBlade

The Look
Height: 5'11
Weight: 142 lb
Hair: White
Eyes: Red
Skin: A milky chocolate color
Anything else: He has scars  all over his torso from his hunting of bears and big cats.

The story
Likes: Helping people, entertainering people, hunting, training his archery and knife throwing skills, music.
Dislikes: Royalty, wealthy people, arogent people, fighting, racism, harm to nature.
Personality: Zyel is a calm person. He never lies about anything and he stays out of trouble as best he can. Zyel is a smart younge man who enjoys helping people gypsy or otherwise, though he enjoys hunting over all other things infact he spends more time in the woods than in the gypsy camp, which is why he respects the second in-command for watching over the camp while he's away, Zyel is also very exporitive and learn new as many things as he can.
Habits: Zyel spends alot of time training, either it be archery, knife throwing, or his athletics he's usually always training, but inbetween his training Zyel loves to play his ocarina with the other musicians in the gypsy camp.
Skills:Archery that most men and women from far and wide would star in awe from, knife throwing, dagger skills, hand to hand skills, wilderness survial, long distance running, reading, writing, ways to talk out of most situations, herbal mixturing skills.
History Zyel's life started like all other like himself, his parents were the leaders of the gypsy camp, therefore he would be the next leader, from the younge age of seven his father tstarted teaching him how to be an archer of legend, such as the gypsies were, Zyel mastered the archery at the age of ten and has been going beond the normal skills of the other gypies, at the age of ten his mother taught him how to knife throw, Zyel didn't find knife throwing as much fun as archer so he never decieded to keep on with it after he mastered it.

Zyel's first major hunt was when he was thirteen, him and his father went out hunting, towards the end of the day Zyel has about five deer and seven rabits, but as him and his father were draggin their game in a bear attacked the two, Zyel froze in fear as the bear charged him, but his father pushed him out of the way before the bear reached him. The bear tackled Zyel's father instead. Zyel watched in horror as the bear mauled his father, Zyel's rage over powered his fear and he picked up his bow and fired two arrows into the bear's skull, both in each of it's eyes. But his father was dead, Zyel returned to the camp dragging his father, which he wrapped up.

After the death of his father Zyel was hardly ever cheerful, infact the only time he even smiled was when there was music being played. So his mother traded things for a finely crafted ocarina, and she gave it to him on his forteenth birthday, Zyel then learned how to play it from a musicion in the camp. The following years nothing to eventful happened untile his seventeenth birthday, Zyel was out hunting  and was attacked by a large cat, Zyel killed the thing before it could do any major damage to him. But when he returned to the camp he had his deep cuts  bandaged which many scars on his body. He gained a few more scars from bears and such on later hunts, Zyel hates these scars. He feels they don't help showcase his skills as a hunter, or and Archer very well. Zyel's mother left to live in a big city in Theiri. So Zyel took over the leadership role at the age of eighteenth. Zyel threw many fairs, in both kingdoms, not for money but for the enjoy of pleasing people, and making them happy. The goods that they gain are just and added bonus to him, though he usually let his second design the fairs and handle the goods that are traded.

At the  age of nineteen Zyel left the second in command in charge of the gypsy camp until he got back from traveling around the contenet exploring and getting new goods and other valuables. Zyel returned from his travels a few weeks after his twenty first birthday. The gypsies were happy he returned and delighted in the gifts he braught them, they had a small celetabori week for his return to them. In that week the held celebrasions in Theiri, the fair was much grander than the others they had held and it drew many people from all over to witness such a site. The fair seemed like it ended to quickly to Zyel, but he spent most of his time preforming and with his mother. Zyel said his farewells to his mother and the gypsies returned to their camp.

AngelicBlade

*Ahem*, Is this alright? If not I can change it.  O:)

Rhaegar14

So since we have three characters up now, are there threads for Nydewia up anywhere?

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

A pleasure to be serving under you, my lord -curtsies-  ;D

Rhaegar14

LimitlessNikkie

Sorry everyone I've been overloaded with school >.< I'll get you the Nydewia thread up tonight if all goes as planned. Everyone's approved thank you all your characters are wonderful.

AngelicBlade I NPCed the gypsies into Theiri earlier so you can post within the castle if you'd like, being a welcomed guest of the Theiri court. I'll also get a Gypsy thread up in the next day or so just so we have it.

AngelicBlade

Alrighty, I hope school smooths out for you. I am also dealing with school myself so I can understand your situation

Edit: Damn, six pages to read before I can post. Should've read up before hand.  ;D

LimitlessNikkie

yeah it's a lot, I have it planned to write a basic outline of what has happened thus fr and add it to the Wiki but I just haven't gotten that far yet.

LimitlessNikkie

Thank you to those of you who used the bio coding from the first post. As a note I'm really particular about the uniformity of the bio outlines it make them easier to read at a glance and use for reference during game play if they are all in the same format. It takes time for me to go through and reformat profiles, time I could be using in other way to improve the game so please as a favor to me use the coding from the first post. Thank you.

LimitlessNikkie

RedEve

Are you still recruiting or is this now completely closed?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

LimitlessNikkie

The Gypsies and Nydewia are still open and taking members

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

Hey Nikkie,

Thanks for all the hard work you're putting into this. I've only just found out where all the boards are so I'm reading up now. I'm really sorry I didn't use the template at the start. I'm not really the most technologically literate and I'm new to these boards so I'm really sorry about the inconvenient hassle. I'm really excited to get started so thanks for having me.  :-)

LimitlessNikkie

It's OK Marissa I understand completely how confusing some of this stuff is at the beginning. The only reason I mention it is because of how much work goes into this on my part and little thing like that just take time I could put to better use to further improve this game. The wiki linked on the first page is a good resource to kind of get a feeling for the world and diffrent kingdoms and if you have any questions everyones really friendly so don't hesitate to ask anything in the OOC.

blknwhite11

The Basics
Name: Azucena
Role: Gypsy Performer
Player: blknwhite11
The Look
Height: 5'7”
Weight:120 lbs
Hair: Chestnut Brown
Eyes: Violet
Skin: Russet Shade of brown
Anything else: Small cut scar on her inner right thigh.
The story
Likes: The moon, Delphiniums, music, butterflies, her gypsy family
Dislikes: children getting killed, Prejudice based on appearances or disfigurement, Onions
Personality: Being an exotic beauty, Azucena chooses to entice her audience with mystery, or curiosity, which is why she performs with a veil. She also uses a veil, because she doesn't like smiling, as she is quite coy, and melancholy. Besides the gypsies, there are exceptionally few men and women that she really trusts to give her warming side towards.

She shows compassion towards those who experienced pain or struggle. She isn't afraid to stand up against prejudice and injustice involving disfigurements or disabilities. Issues like that tends to keep her blood boiling internally. Even though she has never experienced pain and struggle, her biological mother has, or so Azucena was told by her mentor mother.
Habits: She heard from a mystic that the moon brings purification to one's aura, or soul, and staring at it causes the person's soul to cleanse. This is simply a myth, but it's more of a practice in Azucena's case. Sometimes, she gazes at the moon for nearly 20 minutes.
Skills: Dancing is her strongest skill, while using her acrobatic techniques to flare the entertainment. Her instrument of choice during her performances are the tambourines.
History: Azucena's childhood started out quite rocky since birth. Her mother was a slave raped by a man residing at the Aserit kingdom. Whom this individual is, no one knows but her mother. While pregnant with her daughter, she struggled to escape the kingdom, being beaten to death secretly by a small amount of guards. It wasn't until she was three months pregnant that she finally escaped their grasps, but her health was deteriorating as she had no food and water. It took her days traveling to a safe location until she was found in a forest, cold and shaking, by a group of gypsies. Discovering her pregnant womb, they carried her to their home and nursed her to better health so the baby would survive.
They were able to take Azucena out of her mother's womb months later, but her mother had lost a lot of blood from the procedure that they had to perform in order to take the child out (Caesarean). With her life at a thread, she made her final wish, which was to have them take care of her daughter once she comes out of the womb, and the gypsies chose to make that wish come true.
Azucena was raised by a Gypsy dancer in the camp, who was one of the most skillful entertainers in the universe. The dancer taught her successor acrobatics, dancing, and methods of enchantment. Azucena had grown curious about her biological mother, and it took Azucena to be at that reasonable age (11), for her mentor to explain the fate of her mother. From that point on, Azucena would swear vengeance against the Aserit, and she would use her entertainment and beauty as a way to work her way into solving who was her mother's raper.

Stats
Sword fighting (light): 4/10
Archery: 0/10
Heavy Weapons: 0/10
Exotic Weapons: 4/10
Dagger/ Knife: 3/10
Strength: 0/10
Endurance: 5/10
Speed: 7/10
Acrobatics: 10/10
Stealth: 7/10
Grace: 11/10
Horsemanship: 4/10

55 points (+1 nationality, +1 personal)

LimitlessNikkie

Azucena looks great! The gypsies are currently in Theiri feel free to post as you wish, and welcome blknwhite11 to For The Crown.

Vassus

The forums are being odd, saying this is much older than I remember it being. Unless I've been frozen for a year. Anyway, to the point: I'm glad you brought in the gypsies, and my life is starting to allow me to get more into these sorts of RPs. One thing, a simple question, is that I was wondering if someone could elaborate upon what it is the Gypsy Emissary does. I know what a gypsy is, and I know what an emissary is as well. I'm just not sure whether I want to try for the second-in-command, or the emissary.
E-Mail: radically.irrelevant@gmail.com

Did you know: "polish" is a word that completely changes it's meaning when you capitalize the first letter?