(UTBLOV) Looking for male players, Lycans and vampires story, Las Vegas Setting!

Started by Aiden, March 15, 2011, 06:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Caela on March 21, 2011, 06:52:36 PM
Actually, any of the Weres could (theoretically) pass their genes on to another generation. The problem is that shifting at the full moon causes miscarriages. The Tigers get around this because the males take the females beast, so they don't actually shift, while they are pregnant. It's a trick they never bothered to share with the rest of the Lycan community but since other Lycans in the books have done the same thing (usually Alphas, would have to do some digging, but know at least Richard has done it at some point) to help their pack members (most often when one is about to go berserk in front of humans, or when Anita needs it done for her) it could be done for pregnant Lycans of other groups as well...but no one else has put two and two together.

Were snakes get around it by being able to lay eggs instead of having to carry to term like mammals.

Yes, I've read these books a few times lol. It's one of my favorite escapist universes when life is stressful. :D

I stand corrected.  Although I did know how Tigers get around the miscarriage problem, I just haven't had to think about it for a long time since my extended break.  In fact I think Aiden and I talked about it for a few seconds the night before; It just didn't enter my mind until now.  But we are going with the fact that other Lycans haven't made the connection just yet.  Although, there has been a few changes during my absence, so this fact may or may not have been changed.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Caela

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on March 21, 2011, 07:40:40 PM
I stand corrected.  Although I did know how Tigers get around the miscarriage problem, I just haven't had to think about it for a long time since my extended break.  In fact I think Aiden and I talked about it for a few seconds the night before; It just didn't enter my mind until now.  But we are going with the fact that other Lycans haven't made the connection just yet.  Although, there has been a few changes during my absence, so this fact may or may not have been changed.

I wasn't trying to correct you Dis, just my brain ticking over lol. I enjoy this series a lot and I'm one of those people that when a new book in a series I like comes out, I have to re-read at least the couple books before it again (if not nearly the whole series) just because. So I've read through some of them a few times. I can't be sure, but I think Anita eventually tells Richard's pack in one of the later books,( but that wouldn't mean that anyone had mentioned it in Vegas) and they may be trying it to see if it works. Meh, now I have to go back and read again lol, so that I can be sure! :D

undisclosedtoyou

Lmao, I don't mind being corrected, if it's done as sweetly as you have done it.

But unless you want to, you don't have to go back and read it, we're actually ignoring any canon going on's between the characters in the book.  In fact, they don't even exist in this universe.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Caela

That works! I do try to be nice when I ask questions or throw out info lol...being nice keeps games flowing much better then being all "knowitally" for me. :)

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Caela on March 21, 2011, 07:58:47 PM
That works! I do try to be nice when I ask questions or throw out info lol...being nice keeps games flowing much better then being all "knowitally" for me. :)

Hahahahaa, I like the use of "knowitally"  here.  But yups, I agree with you, and everyone in this game is generally very nice, which is another incentive for perspective players :)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

The Golden Touch

Also- Peace runs the vampires for the most part. Or is the GM of it kinda.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: The Golden Touch on March 21, 2011, 10:18:16 PM
Also- Peace runs the vampires for the most part. Or is the GM of it kinda.

I completely forgot to mention that, thanks for the reminder Goldy :)

Oh and we still need more male characters!  If you're interested, than feel free to post here or pm any of the GM's, because we'd love to have you.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

HairyHeretic

Jason Cole,

Orientation: Hetero
Identity/position: Alpha - Possible Vargamor

The Appearance

Eyes: Greenish grey
Hair: Dark brown
Height: 5'10
Appearance:

Tends to favour simple, casual clothing, normally in dark shades. He finds the trends of fashion amusing, and has no part of them.

Were Appearance:

Beyond the Image

Likes: D/s, shibari, cult level bad movies, martial arts, reading, gaming, classic rock, simple elegance.
Dislikes: Smoking, bigotry of any form, bullies, losing control, overly formal clothing.
absolutely not's: Per O&O
Talents: Shaman, Call the Munin, Healing, small runic magics, lapsed martial arts training
Character Traits: Easy going, calm, protective of those close to him, stubborn.
Personality: Jason tends to be relatively quiet until he feels comfortable in a situation or with a person. If he gets angry, it tends towards the cold anger, rather than hot. He is not one for unnecessary violence, considering it a last resort when things cannot be resolved any other way. At the same time, his protectiveness means that he is willing to fight when he considers it necessary.

The History

History:
Jason became a werewolf some 4 years ago, in a rather unusual way. While performing an outsitting, and journeying amongst the Nine Worlds, he encountered a wolf spirit. It accompanied him on his journey, and when he returned to his flesh, as far as he can tell, it came too. At first unwilling to accept what had happened, his broken arm healing in two weeks made him seek out the local supernatural community, where the local Eranthe, Savannah, (the first he was able to contact) confirmed his suspicions ... he had indeed become a werewolf.

The local pack, unbeknownst to him, had gone through a recent upheaval, the Ulfric and most of the alphas having been killed by newcomers. The new Ulfric was supposed to be under the control of the Russian mob that had brought him over, and helped him to take over the pack. They were (fatally) surprised when they found out that he had plans of his own.

When things settled down, over time, Jason found himself with the role of Vargamor of the pack, his magical talents making him an obvious choice. He also settled into a semi-relationship with the Eranthe, understanding and accepting of her duty to the pack, and finding several of the betas taken under his wing before he realised what that responsibility meant. His own nature meant that he would not abandon them though, once it was explained to him.

When Savannah died some 6 months ago as a result of Humans First attack, Jason found himself uncomfortable in the pack. There were too many reminders keeping the pain close and raw, even though she was still with him through the munin. When word of the happenings in Las Vegas reached the Ulfric, he offered Jason the opportunity to join that pack, partly to give him somewhere new, partly to forge ties between the two packs.

He agreed that it might be what he needed, sorted out his responsibilities, and headed west.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

undisclosedtoyou

HairyHeretic your Accepted!  Feel free to post it up here, and we'll move it to the wolves active character thread.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

WerewolfofLondon

Takamasa Ishihara,

Orientation: Bi-sexual
Identity/position: Vampire

The Appearance

Eyes: Dark Brown
Hair: Currently blue, longer at the front than at the back. Usually gelled into crazy styles.
Height: 6ft 1ins
Appearance: Tall and lithe, Takamasa already stands out from the crowd, but he makes sure people are definitely looking with his wild hairstyles and piercings (lip, eyebrow, nose) his body is also adorned with many tattoos. He generally either wears baggy jeans or leather trousers (depends on the occasion) coupled with a black vest and an open shirt.

Beyond the Image

Likes:Rock music, playing guitar, all night parties, pretty women, pretty men, clothes shopping, flirting, submissive women.
Dislikes: Not keen on were's but will tolerate them, submissive men,
absolutely not's: see my O/O's
Talents:Seduction, bite brings pleasure, kung fu, arms expert.
Character Traits: Seductive, Manipulative, Selfish, Curious, Thrill Seeker
Personality: On the surface he seems courteous and sweet, but most of the time he is just out for himself. Knowing the nature of most vampires, Taka is usually second guessing everyone he meets and is naturally suspicious. Once he feels comfortable in his surroundings, however, he is usually the fun loving one of the group, never able to sit still for more than five minutes. 

The History

History:
Not a lot is known about Taka's human past and he likes to keep it that way. He believes that is life truly started when he became a vampire. Pulled out of poverty and servitude by one who found him oh so beautiful, he was brought into the world of the vampires and has never looked back since. He left his native Japan in 1958 and travelled the world without his master, as he felt the older vampire had taught him all he needed to know and it was time to branch out on his own. He marvelled at how different the rest of the world was and fell in love with rock and roll. He was hooked on the music and the ever changing style and he himself became ever changing, becoming the fashion chameleon. He returned to Japan in 1998 and served under the Master of Tokyo as his Enforcer but after a few years the travel bug bit him yet again and he relinquished his title and travelled to America to seek the bright lights of Vegas.

..............................................................................................

Aoi Miyazaki,

Orientation: Straight
Identity/position:Human

The Appearance

Eyes: Brown
Hair: Shoulder length, black with brown highlights
Height: 5ft 3ins
Appearance: Waif like and petite, Aoi looks very fragile. Usually wears strappy tops with skinny jeans, sandals and over sized jumpers.

Beyond the Image

Dislikes: Loud brash behaviour, rude people, ignorance, pushy people
absolutely not's: see O/O
Talents: Animator, accomplished singer and dancer.
Character Traits: Quiet, Loyal, Sweet, Kind, Trusting.
Personality: Aoi is the quiet sort who wouldn't say boo to a goose and is more likely to do as she's told than rock the boat. Which is probably why she is in her current situation.

The History

History:

Aoi was ten years old when her family realised that something was very wrong with her. After they had been to her grandmother's funeral, they were all mightily surprised to find that her grandmother had followed them home. Things like this became a regular occurrence, road kill getting up and following her, the neighbours dead cat digging itself out of its grave and rubbing up against her leg looking for tit-bits and tickles and the way the graveyard simply seemed to stir when she walked by. At the end of their tether, they asked around the local vampires for an audience with the Master of the City. The Master thought long and hard about his decision, it was common practice to kill animators, but he wondered if he could make this one work for them. At 16 years old she was handed over to the vampires, and Takamasa Ishihara was to be her ward.
She is now being brought to Vegas as a treaty gift from the Master of Tokyo to the Master of Vegas.

The Golden Touch

London, your characters are okay- except for Mind Reading on your vampire, and a Necromancer on the your human. You may have Animator, witch, and so on... But please, no Necromancy. After that, you may post your two characters in the New Character Thread.  One of the GMs will move them to the Active Character Rosters. I shall look forward to seeing you in the General Chatter: OOC.

undisclosedtoyou

Mmmm Goldy, have I ever told you that your nummy GM-y-ness makes me all weak in the knees?  :P

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

The Golden Touch

-Laughs, snuggling Dis-

Yes, but I enjoy hearing it. Makes me feel useful when people notice.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: The Golden Touch on March 25, 2011, 12:22:20 AM
-Laughs, snuggling Dis-

Yes, but I enjoy hearing it. Makes me feel useful when people notice.

-Accepts the Golden Snuggle and enjoys-

You my dear, will always be useful!

Andddd we would still love even more men to join, so hurry on in guys ;)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

WerewolfofLondon

Aiden

Welcome to the game all of our new players, still looking for more male characters.

The Golden Touch

Specifically speaking, we could definitely use more males for the Wolves, Tigers, and RPIT/Other Humans.  Our Vampires, and Hyenas could use another mix of male and female characters. Please, ask questions if you're not sure about something.  We will try to help you with the best of our abilities!

If you have ideas, please post them here or PM them to the GM of the corresponding species you are interested in-
Vampires: PeacethatPowerbrings
Wolves: Aiden
Tigers: The Golden Touch or Undisclosedtoyou
Hyenas: The Golden Touch
RPIT/Other Humans: The Golden Touch

Aiden

Elf

Michael Langston,

Orientation: Heterosexual
Identity/position:  Tiger, newly arrived no clan position or job

The Appearance

Eyes: Violet
Hair: Black, shoulder length with a natural wave
Height: 5’11”
Appearance: He has a lean well defined body of a man the that works out regularly but not a muscle builder. He has a very new scar running from his neck across his shoulder blade to just under his right armpit from the wolf attack. Being an out of work college dropout he tends wear fade and worn jeans and tee shirts over equally battered running shoes.
Were Appearance: A large white Bengal Tiger with rich dark black stripes with thick and longer fur about his head very much like a short mane of a lion clearly marking him as a strong male tiger.

Beyond the Image

Likes: action movies, dancing, running, swimming, working out, hunting, fishing, camping, and reading
Dislikes: laziness, liars, and people forcing their beliefs on him, drinking, drug use, and smoking
absolutely not's: torture, scat, and water sports
Talents: Black belt in several forms of martial arts, tracking, trained in several forms of dance.
Character Traits:Kind and gentle. Slow to trust strangers. Fiercely loyal to friends.
Personality: He is predominately a quiet and shy person avoiding drawing attention to himself except when dancing. Despite his skill at melee combat and dance he lacks self confidence especially around women. When in a purely social setting he becomes nervous and tongue tied around woman especially if he finds them attractive. As a result he has very little experience.

Once he gets to know people and is comfortable around them he opens up and shows that he actually has a quick wit and a warm sense of humor. With those he knows and is comfortable around he will tease playfully and be very quick to come to their aid in whatever they need. He is however very reluctant to trust and aid strangers.

The History

History: Three months ago he was a fairly happy college junior majoring in physical education spending much of his free time practicing his martial arts or dance. Then while on a weekend camping trip he was attack by a werewolf and barely survived. Not wanting to become one of the lunarly challenged he opted to take the inoculation to prevent contracting lycanthropy. As it turned out the werewolf virus did not take hold in his body; therefore, the tiger virus used to counteract it did take hold and he is now a were tiger.

Realizing what has happened after his first change he decided to drop out of college at least until he can learn to control the change. Not having a tiger clan any were near his home or college he mostly hitch hikes to Las Vegas. He has accepted what he has become and just wants to learn to control it and find a place where he can be accepted.

Aiden

Character looks good Elf, but be aware that the tigers of Last Vegas are currently going through some problems. Their is no established leaders and they are basically a group held together as they endure the troubled time.

The Tiger queen is back in the city but is suffering from memory loss after being held captive in a lab.

So your character will have to make his own in the city, luckily there are plenty of places he can "work" at and make contact with our other players. (Th gms can help place you, or you can just work at one of the smaller places, like the restaurant or if he is a gym guy, he can get a work at the slaughterhouse which is a very were friendly gym)

Eventually you can find your own kind and the tiger plot just continues from there (as determined by the players)

Elf

Thank you, Aiden. I did do some reading and was aware of Queen Sid not being present, but not the reason.

I will figure something out and probably see what the GMs have to says as well.

Aiden

Sounds good Elf

Feel free to post your character here
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=74017.0

Then I'll add you to the active character list.
Welcome tot he game.
If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

The Golden Touch

Thank you for all our new players. I cannot wait to see what others come up with.  Please feel free to post your ideas here, or PM one of the GMs listed in the first post.  We want to see new, creative writers- regardless of your knowledge of the Anita Blake Universe.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: The Golden Touch on March 31, 2011, 02:38:36 PM
Thank you for all our new players. I cannot wait to see what others come up with.  Please feel free to post your ideas here, or PM one of the GMs listed in the first post.  We want to see new, creative writers- regardless of your knowledge of the Anita Blake Universe.

I couldn't have said this better!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

auroraChloe

for a character idea....   a reporter or photographer for Page 6 or more investigative journalism.   

a/a 8/21/17