News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

A journey to Abralem.

Started by uoheinrich, August 08, 2010, 02:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sairin

Avis furrowed her brow.
"The only reason I acted so was because I was mad. I speak clearly and politely, that's the way I was raised," Avis turned to look at him. He'd dislike that, wouldn't he? But he probably couldn't understand that she needed time if he wished her to become rough edged.

uoheinrich

"So you were raised a noble? That would explain a lot." He looked back at her with a look of amusement on his face.
Enemies of the Imperium hear me. You have come here to die, the Immortal Emperor is with us and we are invincible. His soldiers will strike you down, his war machines will crush you under their treads, his mighty guns will bring the very sky crashing down upon you... You cannot win.

Sairin

Avis scowled.
"Is it really that obvious?" She asked while lifting her hood over her head once more to cover her eyes.

uoheinrich

He laughed, "Unfortunately for you yes. I was raised in a monastery. I was used to nobility coming in and out all the time. You'd be surprised how many more sins come from one noble than twenty commoners." He added as he checked his wound again. It was feeling better so he stood. "Come on, we have a few hours of daylight left so I suggest we continue to move..."
Enemies of the Imperium hear me. You have come here to die, the Immortal Emperor is with us and we are invincible. His soldiers will strike you down, his war machines will crush you under their treads, his mighty guns will bring the very sky crashing down upon you... You cannot win.

Sairin

Avis was taken aback a bit, and wondered if he prodded at the fact that she may have sinned. Checking his wound after saying nobles sinned made Avis tense.
The thought passed as he stood. She followed his rise and came behind him once more to follow in his footsteps.
"Alright," Avis nodded.

uoheinrich

It took them a few hours before they heard the sound of a river. "We'll rest here, tomorrow we follow the river downstream, Abralem should be

uoheinrich

It took them a few hours before they heard the sound of a river. "We'll rest here, tomorrow we follow the river downstream, Abralem should be downstream from this point." He began to set up camp as best he could, he pulled out his bedroll and pillow and set them up underneath a tree.

((EDIT))

Sairin

Avis watched Harvik's bed set in slight embaresment. Here stood a noble who would sleep on the ground, as one who was not slept confortably. She blushed slightly, wondering what he would think of her.
Avis sat next to a tree, leaning against its bark while pulling her bag close to her chest.
"Rest sounds lovely now," Avis muttered.

uoheinrich

He looked over to her. "Is that how you plan on resting? That's gonna hurt when you wake up. Do you not have a bedroll?" He stopped what he was doing as he turned to rest his leg. "Besides we'll freeze unless we get a fire going."

Sairin

"I've slept like this the past few nights," Avis uttered, "It's not too bad. As for the fire, do you want me to go find some sticks?" Avis asked as she rose.

uoheinrich

"Yes please. Sticks will help start it but we need branches and logs to keep it going..." He said standing and pulling a spade from his pack began to dig a fire pit.

Sairin

"Alright," Avis nodded and made her way not far from camp, collecting sticks. She brought them back and set them next to the hole. "I'm going to go look for some logs now," Avis said.

uoheinrich

He sighed as he realized he needed some dry material to start the fire. He went over to his pillow and ripped it open pulling out enough straw to start the fire. He placed it inside and then carefully stacked the twigs they would easily burn by the fire he made. He grabbed his flint and steel and began to strike it. It took about ten minutes before he got the fire going. He kept adding the twigs and sticks to the pile to keep it going.

Sairin

"Here, I found some logs!" Avis said, pleased with herself. She set them down next to the fire and wiped dirt off of her hands. "The fire's looking impressive," Avis smiled.

uoheinrich

He looked at her incredulously. "Thanks.." he said before grabbing some and laying them on the fire. "Are you sure that you're fine to sleep against the tree? Do you have a blanket or anything?" He said with a hint of concern. "I have an extra one if you need it?"

Sairin

"You don't need it?" Avis asked. She didn't want to take something of his, besides, he was the one injured, not her. He'd need better rest than she would anyway.

uoheinrich

"No, I usually will use it if it's fall or winter. Not the middle of summer. You can use it." He said digging it out of his pack and tossing it to her. "When we get to Abralem I would appreciate it if you'd give it back to me. I do tend to travel a lot." He stirred the fire around before grabbing an arrow and walking towards the river. "I'll see if I can't get us anything..."

Sairin

Avis nodded to him, and pulled the blanket over herself. She leaned against the tree, watching the flames dance. Avis missed home. The place that wasn't all trees in dirt. The place where she could have servants wait on her with her father looking down upon her with pride. She missed her family.

uoheinrich

He splashed in the river for two hours before finally coming back with two small trout. "This is all I could get...." He looked disappointingly at the two. He had nearly frozen in the river and he had little to show for it. He had already disemboweled them and were already spitted to roast over the fire. He knew these arrows would become useless, unfortunately for him he had no other use for them since his bowstring had broken. "This should last us at least until tomorrow morning..."

Sairin

"I think you've done nicely," Avis offered him a smile, "Far better then what I could ever do." Her hunting skills were lacking as were most of her athletic skills but Avis made up for it in her knowledge.

uoheinrich

He shivered. "Hardly, that's probably not even enough for two small children...." He shivered harder moving closer to the fire to warm himself after getting drenched in the river. "I hope it doesn't get any cooler... I'd rather not have to sleep out of my clothes...." He hugged himself to try and keep in the heat.