News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Wrath of the Dragonkin

Started by Lady Jenn, April 12, 2016, 04:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

The world is wild and barely controlled. Ouside of a handful of large settlements humanity live in small pockets of civilization. One of the settlements is the fortress city of Tarnegar, but although it appears safe from outside threat the real danger of the city lies within.

It is ruled by a tyrant, King Myraz, who has ruled for longer than any of his subjects have lived. His unnatural lifespan stems from a dragonkin artefact, stolen a century and a half before from the king of Dragonblight himself, Stormrider. With the power the king wields it seems none can oppose him.

There are a handful intent on stopping Myraz however. Your father believes, if Stormrider could be contacted, that he may aid you in retrieving the artefact and defeating Myraz once and for all. The journey is treacherous but Myraz's men are preparing to move against your father.

The greatest adventure of your life lies ahead, but with miles of hostile country between you and Dragonblight can you live long enough to seek the aid of a race that hates humans?

This is a fantasy world, full of elves, orcs, dragons etc. but your character is human. I have no preference as to whether your character is male or female (only restriction is they have to be related to the character the RP starts with).

tangela

Have you already found a partner for this/are you still interested in running this? If so, do you want it to be a 1x1 or group rp? I am definitely curious about this plot.
"There is no justice in the laws of Nature, Headmaster, no term for fairness in the equations of motion. The universe is neither evil, nor good, it simply does not care. The stars don't care, or the Sun, or the sky. But they don't have to! We care! There is light in the world, and it is us!"

Lady Jenn

I'm still looking, I'm happy to do either way tbh, the more the merrier though

tangela

Well, let's see if other people express interest, because I don't want to be the first character, but if no one does soon, I'll do it anyway.
"There is no justice in the laws of Nature, Headmaster, no term for fairness in the equations of motion. The universe is neither evil, nor good, it simply does not care. The stars don't care, or the Sun, or the sky. But they don't have to! We care! There is light in the world, and it is us!"

Lady Jenn

tangela

Lady Jenn

I'm going away Thursday to Sunday so could always wait till sunday

tangela

Works for me! If no one has sent in a character application by that time, I'll paste in one.

Lady Jenn

cool :) not started the RP yet so might hold off on forming the RP until I know how many are involved, if you don't mind I mean

tangela

Of course not! Just keep me updated on your plans, and we'll figure it out.

EloquentWizard

A journey of such importance mustn't be left to one. I think this would work really well as a group RP. I would be interested. Let me know :) BTW nice setting.
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

Thanks, you'd be more than welcome :) this is definitely not kiddy fantasy, this is intended to be quite dark fantasy (in case the synopsis didn't get that across lol)

EloquentWizard

Every story has it's darkness, and I think the story is setup for quite a bit of it. I have just started running a darker fantasy with my friend and am liking it so...
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

I suppose when you have to go find a creature who hates humans to persuade him to help you stop a mass-murderer it's not likely to be a comedy lol

EloquentWizard

No, the story is made to be epic :P
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

nevermind the fact this isn't Lord of The Rings, so there's no readymade alliance to call up and ask for help XD

EloquentWizard

That's even better. We can forge our own alliances... This ought to be a challenge :P
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

There are of course elves cos...well, you can't have a fantasy stories without elves (or occasionally fairies of course lol)

EloquentWizard

What all races have you settled on?
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

There are Humans, Orcs, Elves, Dwarves, Dragons (bet that shocks you XD) and also the Sidhe, who are similar to Elves but not quite...if that makes sense?

EloquentWizard

So, are you waiting till Sunday as you mentioned in the previous conversations?
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

may as well just to see if more will appear, plus leaving tomorrow so would rather not start the story then have to put it on hold lol

EloquentWizard

Sure, more the merrier. I will be checking in frequently for any updates.
The unseen storm

Available for RP

tangela

If I'm remembering correctly, you said only human pc's, though, right?

Lady Jenn

That's correct, otherwise you'd have to wait to join in lol

EloquentWizard

Oh finally a reason to play as a human in a fantasy RP. :P
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

right, I'm back, do you two guys want to post a skelly first or shall I post the first post first? (sorry, that's awful English XD

tangela

Name: Shael Tanali

Appearance: Despite being around fourteen, Shael looks quite boyish. She has short cropped reddish-brown hair and slate-grey eyes. She is skinny, and seems to take no effort in her dress or mannerisms to appear more ladylike.

From the age of five, Shael lived as one of a number of thieves in training under one of the most infamous thieves in the city, code named the Shadow Cat. In over a decade, Shael never learned much about her mistress, not even her real name.
A year and a half ago, she came into Tarnegar with her mistress on what she was told would be one of their greatest and most risky cons to date, and would give them incredible rewards. The setup was simple. Walk in, full of fury and claim to be returning the king's bastard daughter, cared for these many years. Everyone knew the king was... liberal with his favors. It seemed to be going well.
Her mistress disappeared a week into the venture, and Shael has been stuck in the city ever since. Her new "brother" seems a likable enough person, but the king is clearly insane.
When Shael finds out about the plan to leave the city, she'll do whatever it takes to join the venture to get out of the city and, hopefully, save her mistress.

OOC: character definitely subject to change as necessary if it doesn't fit with the established worldbuilding.

Lady Jenn

The only thing I could think of would be (cos the character I start with is a blacksmith with a rather personal connection to what's happening) is that should he be her actual father, think he is or just be a random guy they're staying with? I'd like to think he might not be entirely okay with the deception lol

tangela

They would probably not be super open about it being a deception. I imagine when it comes out, though, yeah. there probably will be some discontent.

Lady Jenn

Admittedly he could see it as "Actually, whatever it takes to stop Myraz", let's just saw he has at least two very personal reasons to want the man dead...

tangela

Well, if you'd rather, we can just say she came with her leader, without a gimic, and then she disappeared, trapping Shael inside the city because a young girl alone was in more danger outside the city than inside, until now when she has the opportunity to leave with a group. Whatever works best for you.

Lady Jenn

I don't mind either way :-) I should say I'm kinda like a Games Master for this story (without the trying to kill characters who annoy me thing XD ) so I have a crap ton of characters to keep track of...lol

EloquentWizard

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply. So as I understand we are giving our character descriptions.

Name: Urhea Dragao

Appearance + some Background
: An unkempt 20 year old son of a scholar from the local university, I spend most of my time within books. While I lack any training with a weapon, I find my talent is in magic, but my magic isn't harmful. Most of my spells are for support. The first spell I ever learnt was to channel energy form my surroundings into me and out to anyone who needs a boost. Looks wise I am tall and lean. I usually wear a brown cloak with a hood over my usual green pants and light beige top. My features are sharp with a high cheekbone and a strong jaw line. Finally, my dad calls my Ur.

As the lady mentioned, my character is up for any changes suggested to make him fit into the world.
The unseen storm

Available for RP

tangela

Oooh, I like that character. I almost always play somewhat druidic characters. Looks like we definitely need a high damage deaer/tank soon, though. Warrior? Mage? Maybe the blacksmith character will serve that role.

EloquentWizard

I was thinking of being the son of the town's best blacksmith's son, but I don't have confidence with a warrior. I think i will be good at a socially awkward and dark character manipulating people with his magic, but also helping ones he trusts.
The unseen storm

Available for RP

tangela

One question: How does Ur fit into the story? What is his relationship to the main character and the events? In short, what's motivating him to come on this little adventure?

Right, I think Bane said he had a blacksmith character to contribute, so maybe that'll fill out our damage dealer character.

EloquentWizard

One night while returning from a tiring adventure in the university's library, I enter my house to find there is something wrong. Normally my father drinks in his study but I find his study is locked and there is another man having a heated fight conversation with my father. I try to listen to their words but for some reason I can't hear much, I recognize an enchantment around the area, basically holding sound in. Curious, I resist trying to poke a hole in the enchantment but I feel it is suddenly lifted and all I heard was the mention of the adventure. Suddenly the door is unlocked and there is no one inside. My father disappeared into thin air along with the other man. I find a parchment on his desk, it's empty but I recognize the spell cast upon the parchment. I try to lift the spell but I am not strong enough. All I see is the word stormrider and then mention of some quest. I research a bit more for about a week and learn of the quest and decide o join into the quest, desperate to learn about my father's disappearance perhaps more excited about a real adventure, like the ones I read in the books.

P.S. how are we playing this? on here? Or some chatroom? As you guys can tell I am pretty excited. What timings are you guys thinkin of...
The unseen storm

Available for RP

tangela

Presumably once  everything's established, Bane will start a thread in the actual nonadult roleplay forum. Any idea how we'll do ooc group discussion on things once they actually get rolling? Are group pm's a thing, or do we get an ooc thread, or?...

EloquentWizard

I am sorry, I am new to online RP so what is ooc? Oh and any suggestions for my character?BTW I like your character.. rogue/thief with swift maneuvers. You could be our damage dealer right. The warriors normally are Tanks anyway.
The unseen storm

Available for RP

tangela

OOC stands for out of character, meaning the players talk out of character about events in the plot. Its not required, but I find it helps coordinate things. And, not really. Thieves are able to do a fair amount of damage, provided they're not seen. They're kind of chaos agents. But in melee? No training. If she gets exposed, she's going to be squished. I've been toying with the idea of having her unconsciously use magic to conceal herself as a function of being paranoid, but will have to find out from Bane whether that seems okay for the world. So yeah, stealth, not actual battle ability is more where Shael's strength lies.

EloquentWizard

Yea, so we need a tank basically. Someone who can trigger the enemies and keep them focused on the tank, while you can sneak up and wreck havoc. And I agree about the ooc, we should have one i think.
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

I'd be happy to do OOC in here, cos it's basically an OOC thread anyway lol, but if you guys want a separate OOC thread I'm happy to do that :)

I like your character description Eloquent, as for magic that's fine, magic definitely exists in this world (heck, the big villain is using a dragon artefact to extend his life unnaturally, any magic goes...within reason anyway lol)

Do you guys want a description of at least the blacksmith? would do all the potential NPCs straight away but there'd be a crapton of spoilers if I did that...

EloquentWizard

Yea I would like the blacksmith. Like we mentioned, we need a tank. If no tank, the quest will be very short.
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

I suppose I could change the plan for him to just start the quest, the first potential recruit you guys might meet is more than capable a fighter but not exactly what I'd describe as a tank XD

Name: Vennar
Appearance: At least 6 foot 5, Vennar is built like a tank, short tousled black hair barely disguising his heavily wrinkled face. His body is covered in muscles and he is most often seen in a plain brown tunic, his blacksmith's apron draped over his neck. While he keeps one of his own swords to hand his favourite weapon is the heavy blacksmith's hammer as capable of breaking skulls as it is hammering metal into shape.
Bio: Vennar has lived his entire life in the city of his birth, so has first hand experience of the terror Myraz has released. He has his own reason to hate the king however: his wife died because of the king, and now his brother has suddenly vanished. Although he doubts he has the strength to travel north he has decided he no longer has an option to sit by and do nothing. He will try to stop the king, even if the effort kills him.

EloquentWizard

Sounds like he will be a fine addition. How will the three of our characters meet?
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

Well my first post was going to be in his forge, so if you two can find an excuse to get you two to the forge we can go from there (although equally could change it if it's easier to go for a different start)

EloquentWizard

I can get him in. What about Shael? Also, are we playing on this thread?
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

I'll give her some time to respond, don't want to force her to adapt lol

Was going to start the thread in the roleplay section once everything's sorted, so if Shael says okay then I'll go and form the thread

Also, was thinking we should do a consecutive post thing (e.g. me, you, Shael or some variation) so no-one gets stranded because everyone else gets too far ahead

EloquentWizard

I agree. Also, I will be playing in first person. As in, when playing as Ur, I will be talking as "I". Is that ok? Any preferences? Oh and by the way any changes for my character?
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

That's fine by me :) and none that I can think of, no. Are you two okay with using this as the OOC thread?

tangela

Sure, Long as there's something shiny and stealable there, Shael can be there. And I agree a posting order would probably be best, whatever the order is. I probably won't be able to post a ton today, but will at least make it my goal to go no more than 2 days without a post. Using this as the OOC thread also works for me, as long as it doesn't violate the conventions of the site. I tend to write 3rd person past, but will write in first if that's what the consensus is. Having some write in one tense and others in anothers might make it harder to read the thread

Lady Jenn

I'd rather 3rd, not incapable of writing first but my brain doesn't always follow what it's supposed to be writing that way...especially cos there are gonna be times when I have more than one NPC in a scene which is gonna make MY brain hurt, nevermind yours lol

EloquentWizard

Will go with 3rd then. I will get used to it 😊. And I am ok with using this as the ooc thread. I also agree with an order. Please direct me to the thread when we are ready to start. I am mostly free towards the evenings as I work 8-5PST.
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

tangela

Is the order we're going with Bane, Wizard and then me?

Lady Jenn

I'm fine with whichever order for you two you want, didn't mean to suggest an order lol (could post just because Wizard isn't on right now though)

EloquentWizard

Hello,

I am a bit busy today, I will try to post within 3 hours. If Shael wants to go she can.
The unseen storm

Available for RP

tangela

Hi Wizard. Just to make sure there's no confusion, Shael is using magic, she just doesn't know she is. Its possible that may be something Ur wouldn't know either, but wanted to make sure there was no confusion OOC.

EloquentWizard

Oh, I must have missed that Shael was using magic. What kind of magic will shael be using. Asking so that Urhea and Shael don't end being having similar powers.
The unseen storm

Available for RP

tangela

Really just cloaking magic, things to lessen her chances of being seen. If it makes sense in the story, ex. they meet some kind of trainer or something, we can work out anything else, but for now, that's really all she can do. And it makes sense for Ur to be able to do that as well, so I don't see a conflict. Although I can remove it if you would rather.

EloquentWizard

No, no. Makes sense. I am trying to work out a magic system. It has always been a fancy of mine to create a magic system. I don't know if it will work out. I will try to but if doesn't make sense I will make Ur a traditional buff and debuf character. You don't have to change Shael. :)
The unseen storm

Available for RP

tangela

I'm not quite sure exactly *how* Shael cloaks herself yet. Maybe if you could post your ideas for magic, and if Bane can post his (nonspoilery) interpretation of how the universe works as regards magic, since its his thread, we can figure out what makes sense for everyone.

EloquentWizard

I would wanna know what bane's ideas are for magic. I don't wanna say some magic that can't exist in his world :P
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

There's no reason she COULDN'T use magic to hide herself, but its effectiveness would depend on who she's trying to use it on. One of myraz's cronies, sure, but a more magically attuned creature like an elf or a dragon wouldn't take much to see her...if that make sense? Basically in the current context yes it works lol

Lady Jenn

To put it slightly better, at this point neither of you have done anything a human WOULDN'T be able to, it's just that elves and dragons (unlike the humans) are magically attuned from birth, and thus have control over magic that a human would struggle to learn if they had a lifetime

EloquentWizard

Well, I just wanted to make sure that we don't end up with two characters that use similar spells. Also, in short, the type of magic I was imagining for my character is something I call channeling. It's very simple, just transfer of energy. For example, he takes the energy from the nearby air into him, making the place colder. Or, he can take the energy from a waterfall to give someone a boost in speed etc. there are loopholes. It's just an idea. Any thoughts? Let me know if it doesn't fit in the game. If so, I will revert to traditional magic.
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

nah, that sounds good to me, I promise the magic will get interesting when the dragons step in (I hope, considering the RP name, saying dragons do appear is hardly a spoiler lol)

tangela

Disclaimer just in case its necessary: the views of the characters are not those of the author. I quite like Wizard, and your character.

Lady Jenn

EloquentWizard

The unseen storm

Available for RP

Gjevv Übryzdā

Is there room for any more participants?
One language is never enough.
Ett språk er aldri nok
Eine Sprache ist niemals genug.
Une seule langue n'est jamais suffisante.
Jeden język nigdy nie wystarcza.
Unu lingvo neniam sufiĉas
Väddä awësanëgi jazina trernste.

Lady Jenn

I don't see why not, as long as the other two are okay with it :)

EloquentWizard

I hope you don't mind me saying this, Gjevv.

Your name is epic!!!
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Gjevv Übryzdā

Quote from: Lord Bane on July 04, 2016, 01:50:31 AM
I don't see why not, as long as the other two are okay with it :)

Well, I'll wait and see what everyone says.

Quote from: EloquentWizard on July 04, 2016, 06:38:58 AM
I hope you don't mind me saying this, Gjevv.

Your name is epic!!!

Thank you!  :-) May I ask why?
Ett språk er aldri nok

EloquentWizard

The unseen storm

Available for RP

Gjevv Übryzdā

Quote from: EloquentWizard on July 04, 2016, 09:49:22 AM
Just sounds epic!

Fair enough!

So, if I were to join in on the story, how would that work?
Ett språk er aldri nok

Lady Jenn

I suppose we could stumble across you in the forest, after all there may be others who thought they'd have a go at the quest (plus they're about to meet one of the forest's occupants anyway lol)

Gjevv Übryzdā

Hm, hell that person could simply be a wanderer, and perhaps the others may desire their accompaniment. Strength in numbers and all that.
Ett språk er aldri nok

Lady Jenn

they're probably gonna want numbers, safe to say not everyone they meet along the way is gonna be friendly

Gjevv Übryzdā

That works for me then, if everyone participating is cool with my joining, I'll work up a character sheet.
Ett språk er aldri nok

Lady Jenn

cool :) waiting for Tangela to post in the story anyway before I can go again lol

tangela

Sure, I'd be glad to have other players! :)

Lady Jenn

might  better to jump in after my next post Gjevv, cos an NPC is about to jump in which'll make it...not impossible to jump in but just add to the complications lol

Lady Jenn

we need to figure out when's best for Gjevv to post, I'm happy for him to post next but it's a case of whether you two react to him suddenly appearing or vice versa lol

tangela

He could have been in the forest, or nearby. This seems like a good point for someone new to jump in.

Do you have a character bio/concept, Gjevv? If you posted it, I may have missed it.

Gjevv Übryzdā

I have one in the works, the 4th of July kept me from finishing it. I'll have it up soon, hopefully! Sorry!
Ett språk er aldri nok

Lady Jenn

no worries, take as long as you need :)

Gjevv Übryzdā

Name: Cnëbra

Background: A rather tall and lanky 27 year old man, whose parents he can’t remember, or possibly doesn’t want to, Cnëbra has the mark of a foreigner in him from head to toe and tongue.
Having been orphaned as far as he could remember, he spent his youth in the inns and lower levels of Tarnegar. Most nights, what kept him fed and clothed were the few coins he could scrounge from floors and pockets. He also got into trouble, so frequently in fact that if he had a mother, she most assuredly would have disowned him. The plus side was that he could handle himself in a brawl, and surprisingly best without weapons or armor.

Over the years his apparent skill as a pick-pocket and street fighter increased without end. Now, he could practically rip the clothes off someone’s back without their noticing, and then beat them senseless too.
Eventually, however, he grew bored of the city life, and set out to find new realms to explore and take advantage of.

Physical Characteristics: 6 feet tall, a little over 175 pounds in weight. With tan skin, dark grey eyes, and an almond like tint to his hair, he has this mischievous handsomeness to him. He's acquired a few lacerations on his face, but aside from an ugly one down the length of his jaw, he has few blemishes.

Skills: Can handle himself in street fight with ease, and could even stay alive fighting someone with weapons and armor. His pick-pocketing skills are well practiced, albeit with the occasional slip up. He’s also bilingual. (I’ve no idea what languages would exist in this world, so I can’t name the two languages.)

(If anything looks off or unsatisfactory, please let me know! Also, I know metric not, for those who may prefer it)
Ett språk er aldri nok

Gjevv Übryzdā

Also, tomorrow (It's currently 6:42 at night for me) I've no work nor any plans, so I can post pretty much whenever.
Ett språk er aldri nok

EloquentWizard

So, when is Cnëbra gonna join in. Maybe my magic is strong enough to detect him before he sneaks up on us. That way we can coerce him into the party, just an idea.
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Gjevv Übryzdā

So, perhaps he thought that they would make a good picking, and gets caught? How would they coerce him to accompany them further? Promise of payment or forced by them? Either would prove interesting to me.
Ett språk er aldri nok

tangela

I'm not sure how well having 2 reluctant people on board the team would work, given that that's half the team. So, either Shael can become more committed to the venture as a whole,, she and Cnebra can work together on planning an escape until they eventually decide to help, or get coerced into doing so, or we can essentially have 3 different sides. All would be interesting IMO. Also, is it extremely important for me to make the ë for Cnëbra? I honestly write most of my posts in braille, and freely admit to having less than no idea how to make that sign.

Gjevv Übryzdā

Quote from: tangela on July 05, 2016, 10:01:06 PM
I'm not sure how well having 2 reluctant people on board the team would work, given that that's half the team. So, either Shael can become more committed to the venture as a whole,, she and Cnebra can work together on planning an escape until they eventually decide to help, or get coerced into doing so, or we can essentially have 3 different sides. All would be interesting IMO. Also, is it extremely important for me to make the ë for Cnëbra? I honestly write most of my posts in braille, and freely admit to having less than no idea how to make that sign.

You can certainly type it without ë.

I think that it would be interesting if the two thief characters would bond over attempting to escape, but then changing their mind. However, Cnëbra doesn't have to be unwilling, it could go any route.
Ett språk er aldri nok

tangela

EloquentWizard

I agree with Tangela that it will be difficult if half the part isn't committed to the mission.

Maybe, Cnëbra can be attracted the promise of riches after the mission. Quests like this often promises riches using which one can easily lead a luxurious life. Such a promise must irresistible to a guy who practically has no money.

By the way, anyone familiar with the kingkiller chronicles will recognize the binding I used as it is symapthy from the books. Perhaps my magic could bind both of your wills to this mission's goals. It can be like inception. Food for thought. I think that's a pretty interesting idea.

In summary, I have two ideas:
1. Cnëbra can be attracted to the riches
2. Cnëbra and Shael plan to leave the group but I use a highly risky type of binding to bind your wills to the mission. If everyone is interested, I have more ideas along this line.
The unseen storm

Available for RP

tangela

I actually think it would be a little odd if everyone were perfectly committed to the mission right away. Given time, Shael will most likely develop a fondness for her companions on the journey, and will end up staying around due to that earned loyalty. I would rather not have any will-binding done on this character at least.

EloquentWizard

The unseen storm

Available for RP

Gjevv Übryzdā

I say that warming up to the group and the quest/missions is more interesting than binding of my characters soul. :P
Ett språk er aldri nok

EloquentWizard

Makes sense to me. I was just trying to find cool ways of binding things :P . Just an idea.
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Gjevv Übryzdā

I'm sure we can someone else who can be bound.  ;D
Ett språk er aldri nok

Gjevv Übryzdā

Quote from: EloquentWizard on July 05, 2016, 09:40:06 PM
So, when is Cnëbra gonna join in. Maybe my magic is strong enough to detect him before he sneaks up on us. That way we can coerce him into the party, just an idea.

Not sure, the process for it could be started, but I'd probably not reply till tomorrow. All depends on how late I stay up, really.
Ett språk er aldri nok

tangela

Absolutely. I very much appreciate you asking first, though.

Trying to think what else you might be able to bind, remembering that things bound have to be very related, in order to bind more successfully. Maybe use something in the forest linked to something in the castle... Although I don't think bindings are perminent, at least not if you're using something similar to sympathy. It takes constant  expenditure to maintain.

EloquentWizard

Well I was thinking of a modification to sympathy. Yes, bonds aren't permanent. More dissimilar the objects are the more energy that needs to be expended to create the link. The modification I was thinking is creating two different types of bonds.
1. Potential bonds - These are just links, through which no information or energy can be transferred. Can only be used for tracking. Will not require much energy to maintain such a bond.

2. Kinetic bonds - There are bonds that allow the transfer of energy. A bit sympathy this is for energy transfer. This will not onle require energy to maintain the bond but also a burst of energy to transfer "things" across the channel. This could be used as a radio or as a way to buff during battles.

Also, I realize all these are just ideas. If they seem to fit your character more, please use them. :)

Sorry, I realize all this is unnecessary for the story, but I am enjoying it and thank you for supporting it :)
The unseen storm

Available for RP

tangela

So, what is the new posting order? Should I post, or wait for Gjevv/Bane?

Lady Jenn

it might be better for Gjevv then you, assuming he's ready anyway

Gjevv Übryzdā

I should be able to post today. So, I'm ready.
Ett språk er aldri nok

Lady Jenn

cool :) if you post next, then Tangela (and we do me, Eloquent, you, Tangela from now on) I think that should work fine unless anyone has any objections?

Gjevv Übryzdā

Alright, I'm writing up a post now.

Side question: I'd like for Cnëbra to be bilingual, what languages could he be able to speak?
Ett språk er aldri nok

Lady Jenn

well having already established dragon speak is nigh impossible if you're not a dragon maybe Elvish?

Gjevv Übryzdā

Well, there could be other Human languages out there. If not, some form of Elvish is fine.
Ett språk er aldri nok

Lady Jenn

I'm cool with either, go with whichever you'd prefer :)

Gjevv Übryzdā

Awesome, if I can name the language myself, I'll keep it unnamed unless Gjevv is asked.

And I posted!
Ett språk er aldri nok

Lady Jenn

sounds good to me :)

by the way Vennar has two swords (although I suppose depending on where you're stood you might not see both so no need to edit lol)

Gjevv Übryzdā

Well, I can't edit posts anyway. :P But I say that not everything will be seen, so I'd keep it either way.
Ett språk er aldri nok

Lady Jenn

Gjevv Übryzdā

Awesome, so any critiques on my first post?
Ett språk er aldri nok

Lady Jenn

Not that I can think of, no

EloquentWizard

Quote from: Gjevv Übryzdā on July 07, 2016, 12:05:06 PM
Awesome, so any critiques on my first post?

I like your use of color. I might try it out next time :)
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

Quote from: EloquentWizard on July 09, 2016, 06:46:13 AM
I like your use of color. I might try it out next time :)

it was rather cool looking :)

Gjevv Übryzdā

I'm next, aren't I? I've been busy as of late, but should be able to post something later today. Oh and I'm approved apparently.
Ett språk er aldri nok

Lady Jenn

Quote from: Gjevv Übryzdā on July 10, 2016, 08:54:43 AM
I'm next, aren't I? I've been busy as of late, but should be able to post something later today. Oh and I'm approved apparently.
No worries :) a delayed post is better than none at all lol

Gjevv Übryzdā

Ett språk er aldri nok

Lady Jenn

Cool :) hopefully my next post, after tangela, is gonna make things interesting...(potential love interest alert lol)

Gjevv Übryzdā

Quote from: Lord Bane on July 10, 2016, 12:01:46 PM
... (potential love interest alert lol)
That makes me super curious lmao.
Ett språk er aldri nok

Lady Jenn

just be warned there are no"damsels in distress" in this story :P

tangela

Oooh, congrats on approval!

So, did you perceive it as ripping Shael's hand off your collar, or just like, detaching her hand from her wrist? The language kind of could imply both, depending on his expected strength and such. I'm assuming you mean ripping it from the collar, but its definitely ambiguous.

Lady Jenn

I was assuming he was being gentle actually, if only because at that moment cos he's not aware they're in any danger lol

Gjevv Übryzdā

Ha. I see what you mean. I meant removing her hand from his collar. I'mma go edit that.
Ett språk er aldri nok

EloquentWizard

The unseen storm

Available for RP

Gjevv Übryzdā

Quote from: EloquentWizard on July 10, 2016, 10:57:09 PM
Congrats Gjevv :)
Thank you! It feels so nice to have an actual profile picture and such.
Ett språk er aldri nok

tangela

I really enjoy ridiculous bantery dialogue. :D Thank yooouuu Bane.

Lady Jenn

Quote from: tangela on July 11, 2016, 12:31:32 AM
I really enjoy ridiculous bantery dialogue. :D Thank yooouuu Bane.

glad you enjoyed it XD

Gjevv Übryzdā

And here I pictured elves as shorter.
Ett språk er aldri nok

Lady Jenn

well, she is rather different to some elves...you'll find out what I mean shortly :P

I hope you're not complaining lol

Gjevv Übryzdā

Ett språk er aldri nok

Lady Jenn

:) I nearly had her give away her little secret but didn't want to spoil everything straight away lol

Jclaymore

Hello, I'm looking to join up with you all ^^

I'm assuming this to be the OOC thread.

Lady Jenn

This is indeed :) think we should wait for the others cos don't want to throw you into the middle of the thread and leave you and the others confused as to how to respond lol

Jclaymore

I'm still thinking up the specifics of my character in the first place XD I figured some sort of hunter/beastmaster as the characters seem to be situated in a forest XD

I will wait patiently ^^

Lady Jenn

they get past the forest eventually XD but yeah, that's a cool character idea :)

Gjevv Übryzdā

Alrighty, I know I've been off the radar for a few days. I should be able to post tomorrow.
Ett språk er aldri nok

EloquentWizard

A beast master sounds amazing to me. Do dragons qualify as beasts. If so 😉...
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

it'd be interesting to watch a beast master try...bearing in mind certainly Stormrider is roughly Deathwing from Warcraft size :P

Jclaymore

Would be very very ironic if the beastmaster was succesful

Lady Jenn

surely that'd make him a villain though? unless you're assuming Stormrider is going to say no? (can't possibly comment either way lol)

Jclaymore

I don't think a dragon can possibly be tamed XD but ironic it would be

Lady Jenn

EloquentWizard

Are we putting this on hold for a while?
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

I hope not, I did try and PM Gjevv to see what was going on, and I certainly don't want to rush ahead without a response from him but I'm wondering if you guys think (assuming you want to continue) that we should have a cut-off point where if we've not heard by then we should assume he's dropped out and continue on without him?

tangela

Does anyone want to continue this?

Lady Jenn

I do, was waiting to see who else did so we can figure out what to do

EloquentWizard

The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

same here, was beginning to worry I was the only one having not heard back from anyone

EloquentWizard

I was just waiting for Gjevv. I am quite free and would love to continue.
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

have you spoken to him recently? I did try PMing him but he never replied

tangela

I know that I'm still interested. Haven't heard from Gjevv, sadle. And wasn't there another person or two who wanted to join?

Lady Jenn

that rings a bell, can't think who though, we could start again if we think rewriting it might be a bit too much hassle

EloquentWizard

I'm up for anything. Let me know. :)
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

I'll wait to see what Tangela wants to do, don't want to start something and leave her behind if she wants to continue

tangela

I'd love to continue. Personally, I'd vote for continuing without restarting and just write characters who are no longer active out of the story, but I'm open to doing whatever you guys would like.

Lady Jenn

what do we think is the best way of writing them out? should I rewrite one of my posts?

EloquentWizard

We can just pick-up where we left off. Whoever was next can post next... How about that? Or @Lord Bane can post something about Gjevv leaving the group or something?
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

the first idea sounds good...now we just need to remember who was next XD