Bible Black/Dark Modern Fantasy

Started by DaddyCool, September 08, 2010, 12:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaddyCool

Roxford College is a small, private arts college located in the cold, wintry forests of Tasmania. Several hours away from civilisation, it is a well stocked and inviting campus which teaches a variety of esoteric subjects, mainly history and philosophy. Amongst the many student societies at the college is a Magic society. Created as an excuse to turn money from the "student activities" fund into alcohol, the students involved were surprised to discover that the college had a magic society previously - and that there's even a room still set up for their use. Inside, they find that the magic society was no fake, and they were in possession of an actual grimoire, complete with ritual supplies and translation assistance. Treating the discovery as a joke, the society starts to experiment with magic, only to discover that it is deathly, seriously real. As the book is translated, they find themselves tempted more and more.

The Grimoire can provide amazing gifts, but the cost is high. From a drop of blood, a lock of hair, to defilement and debasement, and even, eventually human sacrifice, the book contains rituals which answer the desires of everyone present. How far are they willing to go, and how much are they willing to do, in order to fulfill their dreams?

Although a pretty simple setup, I think this game would be a lot of fun. People would play students of the magic society, as well as the various victims that they draw in. The Evil Wizard is my favourite of the standard horror movie crew(vampires, werewolves, mummies, invisible men, frankenstein etc) and I think that there are just as many possibilities in magic as there are in the rest. While vampires and werewolves are going to exist in this world, they probably aren't going to be the main focus of the game, but they are perfectly suitable as sacrifices and victims. Incubi and Succubi are most probably going to show up as well.

This rp will involve a lot of "mature" themes, such as drug use, ritual magic, sacrifice, sex, rape, torture, sacrifice, etc etc. The people involved are going to become bad people, if they don't already start that way. If you're interested, make a post, include a character or question if you want, and if you feel really nice, help me clean up this no doubt badly written request post. It will most probably be free form, although if we do use a system it will be Alternate World of Darkness, which can be found at http://code.google.com/p/awod/

pendarious

sounds interesting actually. Though Bible Black itself got a little out of hand to my tastes.....(primarily cuz i thought the blonde evil teacher was ugly) anyway i'll possibly play. Though i have to ask........what are the chances of werewolves and vampires actually being easy to catch and make into sacrifices?
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Drift

This is something that interests me.  I've often been drawn to modern fantasy settings involving mages of some sort.  I even have some characters I've played in the past who would fit into this setting perfectly even though they were originally intended for a more light-hearted situation.  I can adjust though.

LimitlessNikkie

hmm this sounds fun, I'll keep an eye on this I might play.