Lost Girl: A Reimagined Adventure In Neverland(In Need Of A Wendy Darling)

Started by Urbanzorro, June 07, 2017, 01:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

Lost Girl

We all know the story... right? Peter meets Wendy and her brothers, he teaches them to fly. They fly with him to Neverland, and have all sorts of magical adventures. The Indians, the mermaids, the lost boys, the vague hints of romance, the evil Captain Hook... Right??

But what if we don't? What if the story we know is only the child's version of things? As told by an all too young Wendy who never thought to question any of it. What if she were to return to Neverland one day? One day when she's a bit older, when she has the presence of mind to question. What if she begins to wonder just why a pirate captain would spend eternity trying to hunt down a single teenage boy? Surely it's because The Pan cost him a hand... right?

Maybe that isn't all there is to it. Maybe there is more. And maybe the only way she'll ever find out is from the Hook himself...

Ok, so this is my idea for a spin/twist on Peter Pan in which an older (at least 16 as per E's rules but not older than 21/22 due to story reasons) Wendy Darling learns some harsh and dark truths about many of the people in Neverland. The story would ideally focus on her capture by Captain Hook and, in the face of an unusually absent rescue, how she comes to learn more about the man from her time spent as his prisoner.

It should be noted that this isn't meant to be a "Hook and his pirates ravage Wendy and turn her into the ship's wench" story. It's meant to be a "Wendy learns the truth behind who Hook is and realizes she may have been cheering for the wrong Neverlander all along." story.

If this idea interests you, and you'd like to play Wendy opposite my Captain Hook, then shoot me a message and let's brainstorm!

See You In Neverland...
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.