Dragged from the Ocean: An Orca's Tale (M/F, human female character wanted)

Started by Old Lady Willow, January 08, 2018, 07:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Lady Willow

This is a story about a strange orca that was found in the ocean. He was inadvertently dragged onto a ship by some fishermen, who upon seeing his rather unique form, sent him to a group of scientists for an undisclosed amount of money.

The scientists were immeadiately enraptured. No one has ever seen anything like this creature. Indeed, his body distinctly resembles an orca, however it also resembles that of a human. Though better suited for life in the water, he is bipedal, able to walk on land as he pleases(though his skin must remain wet to keep from drying out). His hands are flexible, complete with thumbs that can handle tools as a human would.

He is thus held in captivity, both his physical form and his behavioral patters the subject of study.

Though he is proven to be extremely intelligent, he is also dismissed as being just another animal, and is treated as such by the staff. While not malicious, they are cold, detached, and only minimally interested in the comfort of a creature that was torn out of his home and separated from his family. Little do they know that he's just as sentient as they are, that he's been pleading with them for freedom, only to be ignored because neither species understands what the other is saying.

Eventually, through some clever string pulling or even sheer dumb luck, your character gets a hold of him.

Your character is just as detached at first, going through the motions of studying and note taking, but over time, she starts to realize just who it is that's wound up in her care. They form a bond, over time, a close bond that needs no description. What will she do when she's the only scientist on her team that knows this orca for what he is? A person, just as deserving of freedom as they are.

What will she do when she knows for a fact that if she tries to speak out against their treatment of him, they'll disregard her input and remove him from her care without a second thought?

That is the basic outline for this rp idea. I'm looking for someone to play the scientist who is assigned to study my character, an adult male orca that was unlucky enough to find himself in human hands.

This is more of a long term, slow burn kind of story. I'm not looking for a quick one shot between her and the orca then done. I'm looking for us to develop these characters and let the plot flow naturally. While it is, ultimately, a love story, I'd rather it not feel rushed or forced.

(Of course, the question you're asking is will there be hot orca sex? Probably! I'd love that! But not on the first page.)

I'd like to see a couple of posts per week or more if possible, although of course I understand if something comes up and you need to take a break or drop the thread. Length-wise, I'm not at all picky. Sometimes posts require a giant wall of text, sometimes something short and sweet will suffice. All I ask is that there are no one liners, because those are very hard for me to respond to.

Please PM me if interested.