News:

Main Menu

GAME RAGE!!!

Started by CaptainNexus616, January 20, 2015, 11:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainNexus616

Ok ladies and gentlemen remember that one moment in a videogame where you just hit that immovable object and it made you throw your controller down and scream? What was it?

THIS WAS MINE. Took me days to beat him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XRn8sJ8MNxQ&x-yt-cl=84359240&x-yt-ts=1421782837
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Mathim

Does the game freezing up on you without warning when you haven't saved in a few hours count? Because Fallout New Vegas does that to me frequently.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Zeth

Same with Skyrim. I just defeated a dragon, after I completed a dungeon, and then the game freezes and I lose my fat loot and the last 2 hours of play.

Eranil Morathim

Fallout Icouldn't tell you how to fix but totally know what you mean. For Skyrim I found turnig off the extra autosaves and just having the one at I believe every half hour fixes that.

Lately my rage has been with Shadow of Mordor. Uruk captains that seem to have all strengths and no weaknesses. Naturally those are the ones that I always come across. Then when I finally do take one down, the asshole comes back and kills me again later.

Zeth

Quote from: Eranil Morathim on January 23, 2015, 10:46:47 PM
Fallout Icouldn't tell you how to fix but totally know what you mean. For Skyrim I found turnig off the extra autosaves and just having the one at I believe every half hour fixes that.

Lately my rage has been with Shadow of Mordor. Uruk captains that seem to have all strengths and no weaknesses. Naturally those are the ones that I always come across. Then when I finally do take one down, the asshole comes back and kills me again later.

You have to get intel on the guy BEFORE you kill him or he comes back. I had a few different captains comeback a few times until I noticed that. Later in the game you can Brand them. That makes them your mind controlled minion and you can send them to take out other war chiefs.

Eranil Morathim

Well that's actually a comfort. Like when I finally do figure out how to take down this surgeon prick who is immune to like everything he won't come back. Probably going to need a caragor but part of me wants to say he is a beast slayer too, or maybe just hates them. Might just have to light that jerk on fire.

Zeth

Every captain has a weakness in blue. But I think the orc's are randomly generated.  Dark Blue means they take extra damage, while light blue is instant kill. Be sure to read them. I had a really tough guy, who I found out can be killed instantly by an arrow head shot.

Eranil Morathim

I know he has some weakness but don't remember it exactly just know its not one of the normal ones. immune to ranged and stealth, vault breaker, parry or something like that, he may even be immune to more (want to say combat but doesn't seem legit.) Flurry attack might work now that i think of it, that is if I can stun him of course. Are you playing a PS3 or PS4?

Zeth

PS4. I think they are the same, but I don't know.

Eranil Morathim

They are from what i can tell having been able to play both. your system just won't have the issue mine does. I occasionally annoy too many Uruks and the system can't keep up. Guarantee of death when that happen, I've had it not even register any of my button inputs. Admittedly frustrating but I still enjoy the game.

Nachtmahr

Dark souls 2 made me smash an Xbox 360 controller against my table repeatedly until it finally splintered and broke. I don't even know why - I died just as much, and often just as cheaply, in Dark Souls 1, but somehow Dark Souls 2 made me violent. ^^'
~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

Zeth

Because they promised it would be easier then 1. Liars.

CaptainNexus616

I don't know when the back of the case said "You are going to die" That really can't mean good news.
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Sel Nar

Quote from: Zeth on January 24, 2015, 07:28:00 PM
Because they promised it would be easier then 1. Liars.

They said it would be more Accessible by stripping off most of the layers of 'what does this do?' followed 3-4 hours later of 'well, shit, I fucked up four hours ago and this is now useless.'

Never said anything about making it easier. (Sidenote, if you want it to feel more like DS1, after Febuary 5th, joining the Covenant of Champions allows infinite enemy respawns)

Oniya

Platinum Match, KH1.  Eventually, I resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't 100% the game - then Mr. Oniya went and beat it on his playthrough.  We still joke about that one.  'What do I do now!?'  'I don't know - I never got that far!'
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

xerohour

The Last Remnant is one for me. There's a boss battle, nearish the end of the game (Or so I assume with how the story is playing out...I still haven't gotten past it) that is ridiculously hard. Between his high damage and all of his minions out numbering your teams its hell to get past him. One time...just once I actually beat the boss, got all excited, and then, without a save point in between, you have to fight against all of your remnants that turn against you. I lost that battle pretty damn quick. I said fuck this game and haven't touched it since...that was like 2 or more years ago.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sel Nar on January 25, 2015, 10:12:44 AM
They said it would be more Accessible by stripping off most of the layers of 'what does this do?' followed 3-4 hours later of 'well, shit, I fucked up four hours ago and this is now useless.'

Never said anything about making it easier. (Sidenote, if you want it to feel more like DS1, after Febuary 5th, joining the Covenant of Champions allows infinite enemy respawns)
It's not really that either since they don't tell you anything past basic controls. :P

Also: Last Remnant has this nasty habit of scaling the boss fights and monsters as you level, and well... it's done badly. It's literally easier to beat the game if you never grind.

OT: FTL! Beautiful concept, not really a game.

ALSO: Black Flag's Kenway's Fleet. I can't 100% Black Flag without playing online, which is lame.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Zeth

Quote from: Inkidu on January 26, 2015, 10:04:02 AM
It's not really that either since they don't tell you anything past basic controls. :P

Also: Last Remnant has this nasty habit of scaling the boss fights and monsters as you level, and well... it's done badly. It's literally easier to beat the game if you never grind.

OT: FTL! Beautiful concept, not really a game.

ALSO: Black Flag's Kenway's Fleet. I can't 100% Black Flag without playing online, which is lame.

Aye, it is lame. I have to get multiplayer achievements to get the 100% band no one plays multiplayer on that game.

Eranil Morathim

multiplayer achievements annoy me to no end. there are some games i don't even want to take online anyway

Nachtmahr

The new Shadow Warrior. I decided to play it through on Hard and.. Spoiler: They kind of screwed the pooch when it comes to scaling difficulty. :/

I love a challenging game, don't get me wrong - But when the challenge comes in the form of 'There is only 1 move that works, and you must spam it endlessly to win.' I get so angry. It's an awesome game during the first third, the 'intro sequence' if you will. Then comes the first boss, leaving a little to be desired. The second third is good, but.. It kind of feels a bit more rushed and less open-ended. The area you're in is also far more gray and dull. The second boss is perhaps the worst, mostly because of skewered hitboxes that don't always make sense. The third and final part of the game is just dreadful on hard or beyond. It's a First Person Shooter, and yet all your guns essentially become toys, and each level seems to have multiple sessions of 'Not one but TWO minibosses!' and even 3-5 at some points.

The main gimmick of the game is the fact that the Katana you have is pretty cool, yet I don't play FPS's for the melee, and I enjoyed the guns more. Imagine my disappointment when the game not only turned visually bland, but also forced me to use the Katana as the only viable weapon. And not even in an interesting way! It's just one move over and over again..

~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

CaptainNexus616

After replaying Assassins Creed Brotherhood I remembered another rage moment

Miscalculating jumps......falls kill me more in games than anything.....

Wolven Soul

Right now for me it is in Dying Light.  One of the challenges involves you running around getting so many headshots on the zombies in a certain amount of time and I just can't freaking do it.  I am playing on a Xbox 1, and the shooting in this game seems more made for a computer, because I watched several people playing on PC and just cruising right through it.
Est Sularis Oth Mithas

My O/O's

msa24680

Hmm.. I would have sworn that this thread would be all about Dark Souls... 

I think my monitor has the words "You Died" permanently burned into it.

Eranil Morathim

Final Fantasy X remastered. The Omega ruins. There's only one save sphere at the beginning of the dungeon and its loaded with powerful enemies. I was cruising along, feeling great then BAM! Ambushed by two dark elementals and a spirit. The cast beserk on two party members. Which I didn't know they could do, then killed my third. For the next three minutes I had to just sit and watch my characters die. Lost like 20 sphere levels per character. I won't even do more than mention the dark aeons.

I was finally able to clear the ruins, but damn is it nerve wracking.

msa24680

Oh man... Final Fantasy X...  what a great game.  I completely understand your rage on that part... but still.. I have nothing but good memories of that one.