Welcome to The Salem Institute of Magic! - [ Recruiting!! Adults now Open!!][HP]

Started by Codexa, April 15, 2016, 10:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caela

Quote from: VioletPanda on April 26, 2016, 07:17:09 PM
That's happening to me right now! Darren was supposed to be this super bright stand up for the little guy...guy. Now he's a revolutionary? How the heck?  :o

No idea how it happens! The girl I'm working on right now was meant to be very happy, friendly, very freedom loving, equality for all, American girl-next-door type....She decided she didn't like those plans and is shaping up to be very ambitious and morally abiguous instead! My brain is just going...huh??

RegretNot

Quodpot will have house teams and a school varsity team based on top performers from the year before based on general position for the top 10 and the lower 5 are school votes. 

Quodpot has no official positions but most have attackers, midfielders, defenders, and goalies.  There are numerous tactics and spreads but when the team starts to lose their standard 11 the formation can change and anyone can be any position down to the last player.  The most widely used formation at start of a game is 4 defenders, 4 attackers, 3 midfielders, and 1 goalie, with midfielders being cut down and then attackers and defenders siphoned back and forth until the team is at five or less, just because this is common doesn't mean others haven't tried tactics like a loaded front or back of the field. 

Equipment is as follows: Helmet (masked or not), mouthpiece, shoulder pads, elbow pads, gloves, shin pads, and mercury boots. 

Mercury boots are enchanted with a spell for bursts of flight that can either appear to be long jumps or small acts of flight depending on brand, enchantment used, and the wearer's athletic ability. 

The quod is a enchanted quaffle that explodes within 2 to 5 mins

The cauldron is a 2 meter in diameter and deactivates the quod when thrown inside. 

These are the changes being made, anymore suggestions?  If not I will make the changes and get it modified before posting and working on teams for houses and the school team itself. 

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

MistressofPen

Quote from: Caela on April 26, 2016, 07:26:19 PM
No idea how it happens! The girl I'm working on right now was meant to be very happy, friendly, very freedom loving, equality for all, American girl-next-door type....She decided she didn't like those plans and is shaping up to be very ambitious and morally abiguous instead! My brain is just going...huh??

It's so nice to see you (and everyone else who chimed in) say how your characters take on a life of their own creation.  When people ask me how I come up with X and I say something like, "I don't.  I let them tell me how they are."  They look at me like I'm crazy. 

I must be in the right place...

MisoThe Mouse

This Quodpot Is quickly becoming a large part of my character's life  ;D. I like  it, I like it allot. 

Caela

Quote from: MistressofPen on April 26, 2016, 09:24:32 PM
It's so nice to see you (and everyone else who chimed in) say how your characters take on a life of their own creation.  When people ask me how I come up with X and I say something like, "I don't.  I let them tell me how they are."  They look at me like I'm crazy. 

Not crazy at all! I usually start with an idea and then my girs either run with it...or just laugh at me and go their own way!

MistressofPen

Quote from: Caela on April 26, 2016, 09:29:43 PM
Not crazy at all! I usually start with an idea and then my girs either run with it...or just laugh at me and go their own way!

I totally get that!  This is so cool.

But, confession time:  I'm a newby to large group RP (I consider this RP).  The RPs that I've been involved that were groups all died horribly sad deaths.  So, when I blunder (and I will) let me know.

Also, if by some great whim, you want to "know" my character, that would be amazing!  And, that goes for any of all who I see as "old hands." :-)

I'm pretty flexible about fixing stuff, and I TRY not to be offended.  (Sometimes my obtuseness offends me and I need a moment to bang my head on a wall, but that's usually the extent of that.)

This looks like so much fun.  SO MUCH INFORMATION; I'm intimidated and excited by it all.  Woo hoo---eeek!

MisoThe Mouse

Quote from: MistressofPen on April 26, 2016, 09:24:32 PM

I refer to my characters as the people who live in my head. You are not alone lol. Sometimes I feel like my characters tell me who they are, and I'm only recording a biography  :P

Caela

We were all new at one point and we all blunder, it happens. :)

When my girlies get through the tweaking and approval process I'd be happy to work out possible connection with you...and with everyone! They are very different types so lots of possibilities there.  >:)

TheHangedOne

I'm much the same way. My characters tend to write themselves.

And no worries, MoP, you're in pretty good hands with this group.  :-)
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Caela

Aiden

Quote from: RegretNot on April 26, 2016, 08:52:55 PM
Quodpot will have house teams and a school varsity team based on top performers from the year before based on general position for the top 10 and the lower 5 are school votes. 

Quodpot has no official positions but most have attackers, midfielders, defenders, and goalies.  There are numerous tactics and spreads but when the team starts to lose their standard 11 the formation can change and anyone can be any position down to the last player.  The most widely used formation at start of a game is 4 defenders, 4 attackers, 3 midfielders, and 1 goalie, with midfielders being cut down and then attackers and defenders siphoned back and forth until the team is at five or less, just because this is common doesn't mean others haven't tried tactics like a loaded front or back of the field. 

Equipment is as follows: Helmet (masked or not), mouthpiece, shoulder pads, elbow pads, gloves, shin pads, and mercury boots. 

Mercury boots are enchanted with a spell for bursts of flight that can either appear to be long jumps or small acts of flight depending on brand, enchantment used, and the wearer's athletic ability. 

The quod is a enchanted quaffle that explodes within 2 to 5 mins

The cauldron is a 2 meter in diameter and deactivates the quod when thrown inside. 

These are the changes being made, anymore suggestions?  If not I will make the changes and get it modified before posting and working on teams for houses and the school team itself.

Marston is all in on this.

" it's like football but better, bout time they did somethings right"

Lady Sakura

I should have my characters done by today.

I would like to put one of my girlies on the Quodpot team as well. She will be excited for it.

CurvyKitten

Almost done, just need to work up her history. I have it all plotted in my head, but typing it up is another matter lol. Sleepy time for me, as I have to get up 2 am to go to work. YAAAY full time but BOOOOO deadly am shift.

Caela

Quote from: CurvyKitten on April 27, 2016, 07:18:06 PM
Almost done, just need to work up her history. I have it all plotted in my head, but typing it up is another matter lol. Sleepy time for me, as I have to get up 2 am to go to work. YAAAY full time but BOOOOO deadly am shift.

2am!!! Holy hell you work weird hours! Sorry for having to get up so early.

Rebelle

To those whom have submitted characters: we will be taking a look at those today.

If you've sent in questions in the past few days and have not received a response, re-send it as well.. sometimes they can get lost in the mix and we don't want to miss anyone.

Thanks!

Untamed Skies

Aiden and Alitos Leventus have both been approved, if anyone would like to have a history over the last 3-4 years with them.

Friends and Enemies would be welcomed for both.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Untamed Skies on April 28, 2016, 02:13:46 PM
Aiden and Alitos Leventus have both been approved, if anyone would like to have a history over the last 3-4 years with them.

Friends and Enemies would be welcomed for both.
I could see Rune not getting along with Aiden Leventus; and they're both duelists. Maybe they have a not-so-friendly rivalry there?
Check out my poet tree!

Untamed Skies

I could see a prank being pulled that Aiden disapproved of, and forever soured his opinion of Rune.

Once Aiden dislikes someone, it's not easy to get back on his goodside, and he's not afraid to make sure they know he doesn't like them.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Untamed Skies on April 28, 2016, 02:28:57 PM
I could see a prank being pulled that Aiden disapproved of, and forever soured his opinion of Rune.

Once Aiden dislikes someone, it's not easy to get back on his goodside, and he's not afraid to make sure they know he doesn't like them.
And if Aiden can't take the joke, Rune can't be bothered to try and fix the situation. He doesn't like people that are too serious. It could easily have gotten out of hand from there. The real question then becomes, how long has this been going on for, and how far out of hand has it gotten?
Check out my poet tree!

Untamed Skies

Well it would depend how you'd like it to go.

We could have this be very fresh like at the end of the previous year the encounter, and let them start their little feud at the start of the game.

Or since Rune is Vengeful, and Aiden Malicious we could set up two different slights the other placed upon the other already.

Which sounds most interesting too you?

TheHangedOne

Hmm. How about we say it started some time last year; maybe halfway through the school year?  Enough time for a bit of back and forth. We could say Rune managed to get the last laugh just as the school year ended, if you'd like the opportunity to make the opening move at the beginning of this year.  >:)
Check out my poet tree!

Untamed Skies

Works for me, Aiden is certainly capable of holding a grudge and wait for a opportunity to exact his sweet revenge  ;)

TheHangedOne

Excellent. Rune, meanwhile, will look at it more like chess. He makes a move, waits for Aiden... then makes another move.  XD
Check out my poet tree!

Untamed Skies

A total coincidence I'm sure that Aiden is in the chess club and has a mind that works in a similar fashion.