News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Caravanserai [Events]

Started by Flower, July 27, 2018, 07:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gannameade

Name: Chris (Deandre) Nelson
Date | Time: June 6th || 6:30pm
Wearing: Mask,Gold Suit, Undermask
Tagging: Open

“You sure?  A woman like you, with a man like me.  Devouring you completely?”  He teased.

He found she was light…at least to him despite her ample curves, he held her close feeling more than a desire for her.  He still found himself looking around for Ren who was at the bar.  She seemed ok for the most part, but she also wanted to be left…’alone.’  He focused on Becky.  He should have known this would have affected her so he would have dipped her sooner.
She was beautiful, lovely and carefree.  She didn’t seem to worry except for the face she seemed to not believe she was as beautiful as he thought she was.  He was enjoying the extra bounce in her wiggle and she seemed to have all a man could ask for…then why did a part of him feel like he was cheating on Ren?

‘He quickly shook that thought away, she didn’t care.  Every time she got the chance she tried to ditch him.’  He thought but focused harder on the beauty in his arms, the one that did apparently like him.

He found she moved her body closer too him, he was enveloped by her touch and he seemed to be much closer to her now.  Her ample curves now pressed into his chest and he saw the opportunity to truly spend time with someone that wanted to truly spend time with him.

‘She what yo mama gave ya!’  She moved with the undulations of a belly dance with no belly and a whole lot of hips.  “I have one better, I will tell you mine…of sorts and you tell me yours?”  He said not minding her part of the bargain as well but since they were making offers he might as well get his in as well.  When she moved next, it was his hand that moved down her back, she held it to make sure he didn’t miss any part of her.  Once his hand went passed her waist she moved it so he could not only feel but cup her amazing behind and he did squeeze.  “Oh, my!”  He meant to think it but it came out just as easily because yes she was just that…that…that…DAMN!!!

“Yep, it sure would be.”  He said leaning in to lightly kiss her, letting his tongue stroke her neck as if he were preparing for something else.

LocusVonErich

Name: Joseph Edwards
Date | Time: 6 June 2020, 6:10 PM
Wearing: As pictured plus This mask
Location: Event Hall | Masquerade Hall | Fortune Teller's Booth transitioning to Bar
Tagging: Alexandrena, Becky(Mentioned), Chris(Mentioned), Open

Joseph would take one last cursory glance at Becky and her partner before turning his full attention back to his newfound conversation partner. He would order water with lemon, having had a couple of drinks already. After all, he would be useless if he were drunk, and hummus was definitely not something that tasted as good coming back up than it did going down. "We all have to experience it at one point. Hell, I was in that same stool not ten minutes ago." He would let his charm be natural without putting it on too thick.

I mean, if you consider Nashville, Tennessee to be a sewer, you're not all that far off." His lips would curl into a grin, the mask he had chosen telegraphing his emotions...considering that half of his face was pretty much exposed. But, he would continue to analyze the situation, wondering how to approach it. "But, yeah. You can call me the Phantom....but, it would be more helpful if I could get a name from you...after all, it's easier to be a friend when you can properly address someone."

RedPhoenix

Name: Becky Washington
Date | Time: June 6 | 6:00 PM
Wearing: As pictured plus this mask. Hey it's as gothic as she gets!
Tagging: Chris, OPEN!

As soon as his mouth opened there was a finger on his lips, gently guiding him back away from her neck until they were face to face again. "An even trade?" She sounded disappointed. "And here I thought you wanted to dance in the starlight." She sighed. "Well, if that's what you prefer we can trade our secrets. Or you can tell me yours and I'll see you your next night off out in the desert." She smiled a smile that promised many things. "I'll even throw in a kiss if you tell me right now." She smiled again, trying to keep a straight face as she willed herself to play the part of the temptress.

Then she shrugged, "or we can just swap secrets I guess. If that's what you prefer." Her tone and body language said what a disappointing decision that would be.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Gannameade

Tagging: Becky, Alexandrena(mentioned), Open

‘Wow, she was good!’  She seemed to know what she wanted and knew how to work herself to get it too.  He blushed.  “I do want to dance in the starlight.”  He found himself caressing her cheek.  “My next night off out in the desert.”  That smile that had him mesmerized it seems.   “What kinda kiss?!?”  He said his tune seemed to change immediately and she could probably tell with all of her other assets, that had piqued his interest for sure.  He stood there with both of his arms wrapped around her now, hands resting fully upon her rear as he was cupping it completely.

“That is not what either of us wants it seems.”  He looked at her moving closer.  “What kind of kiss?”  Not letting her control the moment so easily as he leaned closer.  “Well?”  even beyond his mask, his hunger shown through.

Dragongoddess

Name: Alexandrena Kensington
Date | Time: June 6th || 6:15pm
Wearing: Starry Night dress,diamond necklace, diamond earrings, diamond bracelet, formal updo, and masquerade mask
Tagging: Joseph, Open

The man who had come to join her had a nice charm.  His voice was perfect as if music to her ears and from what she could see, he wasn't too bad on the eyes.  His mask only hid about half his face so unless the other side was disfigured, she knew he'd look just as nice with his mask off.  She was starting to believe that maybe she could have a good time with him.  So she moved closer leaving her drink behind.  Now, she stood next to him, fully in his personal space.

Her hand began to brush over his legs gently.  "Okay, Phantom."  Her voice sweetly seductive as ever.  "How about an exchange?"  She asked, her voice as sweetly seductive as ever.  "If you tell me your secret, I'll tell you my name."  She hadn't realized what her hand had been doing.  She also felt no need to tell the man who had originally been spending his time with the half-naked woman her name.  Even if he did agree, she was only going to tell him what she told most men she didn't expect to be around long.

RedPhoenix

Becky was still smiling, eyes still sparking as his arms wrapped around her and held her close. She could sense the power of his body and was starting to get the sense of how stubborn he could be as well. Still, he was flirting back quite heavily too and she very much enjoyed that. She continued to sway her body in his arms, a bit slower now, keeping him hypnotized as she could.

Both of her hands were behind his shoulders now, and thanks to her heels she could reach up behind his head and cup them there, so that when she moved her face closer to his so that they were barely a few inches apart she could whisper to him, "Right here, right now, the sweetest kiss you've ever had." She practically moaned into her whisper, eyes almost fluttering.

"But only if you tell me your secret."

LocusVonErich

Tagging: Alexandrena, Open

Joseph stood there as the mystery blonde encroached upon his space. Now she was the one turning the charm on. "It seems as though you're getting the better end of that deal." He would reply, taking note of the odd sort of sparking sensation that he felt from her hand moving up his leg. "Besides...I could just make a name up for you. I'm not exactly the best at it..." A sly chuckle escaped his lips.

"I tell you what. We make it a game. I'll give you three possible statements. If you guess correctly, you can waltz right on off without giving me anything. But, if you guess wrong...you have to tell me both your name AND your secret. Do we have a bargain?" His voice was a bit more abrasive, the price of doing business, but he still maintained the depth within its tone.

Gannameade

His arms were wrapped around the woman with the wonderful hips and the serpentine body that his thoughts were more than focused on. She felt just so damned good in his arms.  He didn't want to let her go, but he new at some point he still had to go check on HER.  His fingers moved to continue to hold and squeeze her expansive rear in his large hands.

He leaned down, his lips a hairsbreadth from hers.  He moved gazing in her eyes once more, the promise of her oral delights. "I am a vampire!"  He said just before his lips met her own.  He couldn't help but to indulge her kissing her hungrily as he was truly hungry for her in so many ways.  He felt his own lips against hers as he drunk her in feeling the delight of her that he didn't want to end.

RedPhoenix

Becky barely had time to smile and let out a little laugh before she was wrapped up in his lips. Him? The only man here not in black, a vampire? Well that was ironic!

She had to struggle to commit that to memory as soon she was greatly distracted by his kiss, which she eagerly pressed herself into. Her body happily let itself be wrapped up in his strong arms, her ass flexing in his hands as he squeezed, her soft arms wrapped around his head and pulled him down to her so she could press her lips onto his, and open her mouth just enough that he could go a little further if he wanted.

Learning secrets was fun! She decided. She lost herself in the kiss for as long as he cared to keep it going, not caring who saw them, or aware of what effect it might have on anyone.

Flower

Name: Theodore Leavenworth
Date | Time: June 6th 2020 | 6:00 PM
Wearing: Fancy Fancy with Mask
Tagging: Dark Lady aka Kinsey O’Malley

Some guests flirted with Theo, glazed eyes shining with playful mischief. Others were jittery. They sought reassurance in their joking around with him. In their eyes, he was harmless and not someone who they needed to impress tonight. His presence was outright ignored by a few. They arrived with longtime friends or acquaintances made in their first day at Caravanserai. After receiving their secret, they did not linger with him.

Theodore did not favor one interaction over another. Well, that was a half-truth. There were some individuals who stood out in his memory. Conversation made time fly by faster but he did not begrudge those who did not glance at him more than once. The masquerade was the attraction, not him.

The initial flood of guests slowed down to a barely noticeable trickle, granting him the ability to relax and breathe easier. Theodore sat down and pulled out his android cellphone from where he had concealed it underneath a stack of flyers. He was in the midst of reading the latest United States headlines when he noticed a refined woman headed in his direction. Slipping the phone back into its hiding place, he stood up in order to make his presence more noticeable.

“Dark Lady,” Theo called out to her, unable to resist smiling upon seeing her adjusting her breasts to appear just right in the dress. “Sorry to interrupt but is this your first time going inside the masquerade?”

Dragongoddess

Name: Alexandrena Kensington
Wearing: Starry Night dress,diamond necklace, diamond earrings, diamond bracelet, formal updo, and masquerade mask
Tagging: Joseph, Chris (mentioned), Becky (mentioned), Closed

Ren was starting to forget all about Chris and his all too obvious hunger for the woman in his arms.  She was forgetting about the scantily clad siren that had her hooks in the man the blonde had tried for for too many years.  Sure, she'd have to think about the pair later, probably never forget the way he'd clung onto her like she was the air he needed to breathe.  For now, though, she was happy to keep her attentions on the man who'd shown any interest in even talking to her.

"Is that so?"  She asked, placing her free elbow on the bar and laying her chin on that fist without moving the hand touching the man's thigh.  "And what would you want to call me?"  The idea that someone might choose to make up a name fascinated her.  Sure, she'd heard many of the flirtatious ones.  She'd been called not so savory names before as well.  But no one had ever made up an actual name for her before.  He'd be doing so without even seeing her face.  He'd have to decide on a name for her that she would tease him about later.  Perhaps it would be a joke between the two if they ever ran into each other again.  Either way, she knew she would hold onto it stubbornly.

The next words to escape the man's lips brought an excited glimmer to the blonde's eyes.  He wanted a deal?  Ren had never been good at passing up on a deal where she might lose.  Besides, she wasn't one to lose and all she had to do was guess right.  Guessing was something she was good at.  "I'll take you up on that deal, Mr. Phantom.  With two conditions."

She leaned in closer to the man without removing her fist from her chin as she began her changes to the deal.  "First, if I win, you tell me your real name.  Second, you tell me the secret of that bimbo in blue.  I'm sure you know it."  That's when she looked back at the pair only to see Chris lean in and steal that very woman's lips into his own.

A flurry of emotions passed over the young woman.  Anger, hatred, loathing...She was seeing only red for a moment.  She wanted to march over and knock the lights out of that disgusting, half-naked creature.  A moment later, it hit Ren that Chris was the one who kissed her.  He'd made his decision as to what he wanted.  Maybe she'd stupidly wanted to believe before that he was one day going to figure out how Ren felt.  She'd made it obvious enough on a consistent basis, or so she thought.  Now, she saw that he'd been aware, he'd simply chosen to ignore the desires of his charge.  Be it because she was his job, because she was his best friend's baby sister, or whatever other reason he had, he'd chosen the woman who wanted to show off her body like she was trying to sell it.

The woman who'd only ever loved two men in her entire life was shattered.  She could feel herself falling apart.  She had to get out of here before anyone saw, before Chris saw.  Still, she couldn't just run out of here and so she did the next best thing.  She gave the Phantom a peck on the cheek.  "To be continued?"  She didn't wait for a response before grabbing what was left of her fourth drink and downing it quickly.  Placing the glass back on the counter, she walked passed the man she'd been spending her time with, softly brushing her fingers from one shoulder to his other as if she didn't want him to forget her.

She was sure she wasn't hiding her emotions too well but at this point, she didn't care.  She walked as quickly as she could without dropping her confident stride which right now she was sure came off as determined instead.  She was determined.  Determined to get out of there without Chris seeing her leave.  That wasn't too hard as his focus, his affections were on the half-naked woman who'd stolen any chance Ren ever had of thinking Chris could feel the same way for her as she did for him.

(Continued in Main Thread)

Kit Cat

Name: Kinsey O’Malley
Wearing: As pictured with this mask.
Tagging:Theo, Open

Looking up from my last-minute adjustments, I noticed a dapper looking guy smiling in my direction under his mask, and approached as he rose to his feet and called over to me.

“No interruptions at all,” I assured him; reaching up to pat him familiarly on the shoulder. “In fact, you’re just what I need. Take a look and tell me if there is anything sticking out where it shouldn’t, would you? It’ll be more interesting for you than checking out your phone, and does me the favour of not going in there for the first time looking like a haystack.”

Twirling around slowly, so he could take in my form, and highlight any adjustments that needed doing; I took the opportunity of glancing down at his desk to see if I could find any hint of a list, or notepad that would contain the names of the guests and their associated secrets—after all, why do the leg work, when you could go in there pre-armed?

“Looks like things are getting on famously in there; it’s a shame you are stuck out here missing all the fun, especially with such a nice mask—Greek is it? Are you stuck on the door all night, or do you get a chance to come in and mix with the rest of us poor mortals after a while?”

There’s nothing worse than being the pleb forced to sit at the entrance and watch everyone else have fun, especially when you knew the rest of the staff were able to let their hair down. Who knows, I might be able to get some information out of him, if I played it right, and it always paid to be nice to the staff—you never knew when you might need them.

LocusVonErich

Tagging: Alexandrena, Chris(Mentioned), Becky(Mentioned), Open

"Well, let's go by what I know about you so far. Quite obviously blonde...a dress that makes you seem as if you were a walking galaxy of stars all by yourself...I would call you something like Andromeda...or Cassiopeia." Joseph would reply, the first two things that immediately came to mind. In truth, his description of her, while accurate, was underwhelming. But, he chalked that up to being overwhelmed in her orbit.

It seemed that she was game to his deal, with a couple of conditions of her own. Unfortunately, it came with the possibility of having to bluff his way through at least one of them. The way she seemed to glance back and forth between him and the couple of Becky and Chris made it seem that telling her of his deal with Becky wouldn't have been wise. Following her eyes, he saw what she saw. Becky and Chris, lips locked, tucked away in their own gilded cage for all of the world to see without them neither knowing nor caring.

His mystery woman's reaction to the sight was rather telling. There had to be something between her and the man in the gold suit. That probably wasn't the secret given by the hosts of the party, but it definitely was true on its own. With the peck on the cheek, the touch of his shoulder, she had left another message...one that honestly felt very mixed, confusing. Watching her storm off, he didn't know whether to stay or to chase after her.

After sitting in stunned silence for about two-ish minutes, Joseph finally found the words to express his feelings on what just happened. "Son of a bitch." He probably said that a *bit* more out loud than he meant to...

Giantmutantcrab

Name: Khalil Ag El Mokhtar
Wearing: As pictured plus this mask.
Tagging: Brielle Garin, OPEN

Khalil laughed when she mentioned that his name was Zachariah and he worked at a zoo. Her sense of humor was quick; he liked that. And then… Well… So there was a kiss between them. And a gift, offered by her to him. She tasted sweet, and her tongue added a certain tangy flair to the moment. There was a soft breath when their lips met, then their tongues… And there was an instant when she broke the kiss and he opened his eyes, blinking curiously. Slowly he brought his thumb and index to his mouth, pulling out… a red gummy bear. His eyes flickered up to her, a coy smile upon his tasty lips. ”Red. My favorite.” And he slipped the candy back into his mouth, the smile turning into a grin when he noticed that she was chewing on some candy as well. He was talking about the gummy bear being his favorite color… ...right?

”You and I should leave this photo booth… Else, the thing may start to take pictures of our private collection.” He winked at her with that gorgeous smile, a hand sliding up her knee to her bared thigh… Before gently, smoothly easing her up upon her feet, getting up at the same time. With a hand to her waist, he looked at her for a long moment. ”I’ll make sure to keep a Polaroid with me… Just in case.” Another flash of that smile, and the two escaped the darkness of the photo booth.

The pair had slipped back into the main banquet hall, virtually unnoticed, right at the same time as one of the owners of the Caravanserai resort, a woman named Ruby Dunn, took center stage with a troublesome microphone. After her short but sweet speech, there was… a lot going on. A golden-helmed man in a gold suit was spending some time with the stunning brunette in the little blue dress… And then, there seemed to be a hint of drama unfolding. It was relatively discrete, as most people were costumed and masked and the dim lights made it difficult to definitively mark out anyone in specific.

A long-legged blonde in a dazzling dress, wearing diamonds and a mask to fit, was hurriedly leaving the main hall. There was a long moment of silence as Khalil took the opportunity to take all of this in… Before turning to the fire-haired, black-dressed lady besides him. He leaned closer to her ear, to whisper so that only she would hear him. ”Well then… And here I thought you and I were being mischievous back there… Turns out we’re the most well-mannered ones here.” And he nudged her with his shoulder, just a tiny bit, an easy closeness between them fermenting.

Taking a moment to look at her, then at himself, Khalil chuckled lightly. ”I’ve just now realized that I’m dressed exactly like Gomez Addams. Pinstripe suit and all. Which makes you…” He quietly took her hand and began to walk backwards, towards the edge of the dance floor, bold and brash. ”...Morticia. Black dress, killer heels and all.” Suddenly stopping, he would catch her as she softly bumped into him, keeping her close, lifting her held hand up and locking eyes with her. His lip curled into a smile.

”Shall we dance… ...Cara Mia?" And that smile turned into a wide, toothy grin.

Flower

Tagging: Dark Lady aka Kinsey O’Malley, Lady Twinkle aka Alexandrena Kensington (mentioning)

Theodore was unbothered by Dark Lady’s pat to his shoulder. He was a rather physical person himself, a trait which sometimes irritated people or brought forth misunderstandings. Occasional awkward ones with possessive husbands or girlfriends. Jealousy did not cleave to a single gender. Luckily, in his profession (the real one which did not leave him standing alone outside a party) granted him freedom in that regard. People did not mind him being hands-on. It was better than being called out for their mistake in front of an entire class.

He did not appear the least bit abashed at being caught on his phone by her. What else was he supposed to do while waiting for someone, like her, to walk up to him? Stare at everyone else inside of the party. It wasn’t happening.

“Your confidence is convincing,” Theo informed her as he moved around the desk. Standing behind her, he tucked the strings intended to make hanging the dress easier out of sight.  “There. Now you look like a proper hayroll rather than a haystack.”

Dark Lady would find no secrets upon the table. Not because Theodore was exceptional at protecting sensitive information...but because he forgot to make a note of which guests were given which secret. Another reason why it was unwise to have him at the front desk.

Just then, a young lady rushed out of the event with obvious distress on her face. Theodore opened his mouth to say something, anything, but she was gone in a matter of seconds.

"Wonder what that's about...?" Turning back to Dark Lady, Theo shook his head, already imagining many more dramatic exits throughout the course of the night. There would be so many hangovers tomorrow morning. Luckily for them, the staff was well aware of people’s lack of control and had multiple means to help minimize the unwanted sickness.

“You guessed right again,” he confirmed, reaching up to touch it. “I know mine’s simple compared to the rest but I like it well enough. I’ve always had a fascination with gods and such.” This was was full of questions. At first, he thought it simple curiosity but now...he wasn’t sure. “I’m afraid I’ll be here at Olympus for the rest of the night. It’s kind of you to be concerned?” A slight questioning eased into his voice without his knowledge.

Gannameade

A part of him was partly surprised and yet another part smiled as she definitely gave him truly what she said she would and he indulged her feeling her body in his arms and her lips against his own.  He couldn't help but enjoy the warmth of her touch, while he drank of her lips, feeling the swell of her breasts against him.  He had her in his hands but slowly let her down.  He looked into her eyes, he then looked up only to hear the guy at the bar where Ren had been.  <<"Son of a bitch.">>

He caressed Becky's cheek gently.  "I am so sorry, I would love to continue this...but duty calls...I am truly sorry...I do look forward to our dance."  He said kissing her cheek, before excusing himself.  He was still her bodyguard after all and he didn't neglect his duties much.  He wouldn't start now.  Once he was out of the ballroom he took off after Ren.  Finding her wasn't normally a problem, she would go where she felt safe and knowing her it was right now her room and her luggage....  (to be continued -Main thread).

RedPhoenix

Tagging: Chris (mentioned), JJ (mentioned), OPEN!

It was a rather beautiful, hungry kiss, the type that would normally lead, immediately lead that is, to quite a lot more.

But it couldn't. She could go somewhere with this guy anytime and in fact had already promised to later, this party and her game with Joseph were only happening once. How could she possibly un-entangle herself from this when no part of her actually wanted to and -

He was leaving? She was stunned for a moment, obviously not expecting that as he left. "Ah..." was all she got out before he bailed.

She blinked. And again. "Well, that was a freebie." She said breathing a sigh of relief and checking her dress wasn't mussed up from his hands, which it wasn't. She didn't bother wondering why he left or what had caused it, all she cared was she was in the clear to go hunt more secrets.

She eyed the room as she went back to the bar and ordered another amazing drink from JJ. Who would be telling her their secrets next, she pondered?

Kit Cat

Tagging: Theo, Lady Twinkle aka Alexandrena Kensington (mentioning) Chris (Deandre) Nelson (mentioning) Open.

Smiling as Theo adjusted my dress, though disappointed by the lack of secrets spilled on the desk, I nevertheless patted his other shoulder in thanks when he was finished.

“You’re a gentleman and a scholar, sir; thank you kindly for your attention, though I suspect neither of us is unfamiliar with a roll in the hay. That being said, it would be hard to find one in the desert, and what would a five-star complex like this be needing with one anyway?”

Yes, I had random thoughts that passed through my mouth before engaging mouth, but that was part of my charm…occasionally…sporadically…once in a blue m…well it was what I did anyway!

Trying to get my brain back on track, I felt satisfaction when he indicated my guess about the mask was right on the money, and admitted to his fascination with the gods.

“Ah, well even Gods were able to come down from their lonely mountain once or twice, when at their most whimsical, so let’s hope you are given some time to enjoy yourself. God knows I spent enough boring nights on stakeouts to understand what you are going through. The only question is, what god is it that you nod your head to? Apollo, perhaps?”

My question was interrupted by a flash of diamonds on material of black night, as a woman rushed out of the door looking distressed and, judging by the smell of her breath as she past close by to me, more than one sheet to the wind—lucky gal.

“Looks like someone’s been getting a little too close with Dionysus,” I observed with a raised eyebrow, turning to look into the room, where I saw a guy resplendent in gold twist from the girl in blue he had been talking to, to look in our direction. “The plot thickens, I see. It looks like we have a winner for the reason that girl made a quick fox-trot out of here. Want to bet he’s the next to go?”

Sure enough, I hadn’t even finished that sentence before he was rushing past us, intent on pursuing the fleeing woman.

“Well,” I murmured, once he was out of earshot. “I was going to ask you what I’d missed, but it seems like the action is only just beginning! You might just have the best seat in the house tonight, all things considered. Just don’t touch the punch; it looks like there’s something in it.”

Drama, drink, Greek Gods, secrets to be discovered and drink—my kind of shindig.

Better make a note to check what day it is, because it felt like all my Christmases came at once.

Flower

Tagging: Dark Lady aka Kinsey O’Malley, Lady Twinkle aka Alexandrena Kensington (mentioning)

Theodore’s professional demeanor cracked, for the briefest moment, when Dark Lady described him in an unexpected manner. Scholar. It was not often someone saw beyond his handsome face and charismatic smile. The fault did not fall in anyone’s lap but his. He never did anything to banish the illusion of caring only about sports and physical fitness.

His attempt at humor did not work as intended. It served only to confuse the woman rather than make her laugh.

“Never mind that,” Theo said without bothering to explain the haystack verses hay roll comment. The moment was lost; the joke was not his best.

“I’ve heard of people thinking the gods were bored with the perfection of their lives and each other,” he mentioned, thick eyebrows furrowing together underneath his mask. “I never considered the possibility that they might be lonely.”

Thinking further about it, Theo was not certain about her explanation. Maybe it would ring truer if the Greeks only had one god like the Christian faith. However, Zeus did not sit atop his mountain by his lonesome. He had a wife; family, including brothers and children. There were plenty of other godlike folks for him to interact with on a daily basis. He left his throne because perfection and the routine of his life became mundane.

Theo could relate to that type of behavior. He’d done the same; now, he was divorced rather than married.

“Well,” he said with a sigh and returned to stand behind the desk. “Put in a good word with Miss Ruby for me. You’ll know her when you see her. She’s channeling her inner Diana Ross tonight. I expect I’ll be carrying her back to her suite n an hour or so. You do that and maybe she’ll let me loose from this mountain.”

So she’s a cop, he thought at the mention of stakeouts. It was impressive. Now, he was thinking about her in uniform rather than a black dress.

“I’m not the monogamous type,” he confessed with a shrug of his shoulders. “I’m a free worshiper.”

He grinned when Dark Lady mentioned Dionysus being the cause of the woman’s distress. “Mortals are always quick to blame the gods,” Theo teased as he reached for the top hat. “That’s fairly common in this business though. Just be glad she didn’t throw up on your shoes and still had the good sense not to become violent with somebody. Those are not fun days for anybody involved.”

Dark Lady had a good eye. Theodore had not even put together that the man in the gold suit was the other girl. That’s when he remembered the couple from earlier when he was working the receptionist desk.

“Yep,” he said with another shake of his head. “Wouldn't want to be in his shoes. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up sleeping in the lobby tonight." Remembering she was still in need of a secret, he held out the top hat which contained the remaining secrets. "Let's see if Fortuna smiles on you, officer."

Peripherie

Name: Brielle "Breezy" Garin
Date | Time: June 6th, 6 p.m.
Wearing: little black dress with heels, a black mask, and this necklace
Location: Event Hall/Masquerade Ball, Photo Booth to dance floor
Tagging: Khalil, open

Did Khalil respond to her name and her secret clue? It was hard to focus with his fingers sneaking up from her knee to her thigh. She could have stayed sitting on his lap eating gummi bears for the rest of the party in that moment but he was right. "Mmm.... yes, we can't hog all the fun in here." Apparently they had definately not kept the drama, it seemed. Breezy blushed at his offer to take pictures of them later but as they exited she made sure to grab the strip of pictures that came out of the machine. She blushed at just how intimate they looked. "I'll start a scrapbook for us... just our eyes only." She tucked the pictures into her clutch purse.

And then he was walking towards the dance floor with a devlish grin. Who wouldn't follow that man anywhere? Breezy was happily pulled in close to his body, her eyes looking him up and down. As if she needed another reason to look him over. "Mmm...  we do look a little devlish. Lead on Mon Cherie." Perhaps they would help add to the drama in the room at least - or at least help to encourage others to the dance floor.

Once they had twirled and swayed and he had dipped her at least once, she came close and whispered in his ear. "My name doesn't have an "M" in it. And I know something others do not about the world around them. You now owe me two clues Querido."
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Kit Cat

Tagging: Theo, Open.

Theo seemed to muse on my throwaway line about lonely gods on mountains, offering an alternate view that they were simply bored of their own perfection, which made me laugh in amusement. Granted, I’d never intended to follow up on the line, but it was too good an opportunity to pass up.

“I’ve been a PI for a few years now Hun, and detective before that, and in all my interactions with dysfunctional families, infidelity and violent domestics, I’d never seen a single one be down to their own perceived perfections. Boredom is part of it, of course, but when it comes down to it, feeling alone without any connection is a crowd of people is the truest hell known to man or god,” I couldn’t help but nod towards the fun and frolics being had in the hall as I made that point.

“Looking at it in one way, the Pantheon of the Gods were the most dysfunctional family in history. There were those who couldn’t have what they wanted, despite their god-like powers, and so started wars about it; those who ached so much for some kind of connection different to what they were used to that they’d fuck anything going, in whatever form they could imagine—Zeus, I’m looking at you buddy—and those who couldn’t see what was in front of their faces until it’s shoved so hard in front of it, they can’t stop arguing afterwards.” This with a nod towards where the fleeing twosome had gone.

“As you said, we mere mortals tend to blame the gods, but where did the Gods go to apportion blame? Now that’s the real bummer!”

Had a lifetime of seeing petty arguments turned into infidelity and murder made me cynical? You betya; why the fuck did you think I drunk so much? Still, this was a party, and I couldn’t continue to bring a downer on it—not with others working so hard to do so. There was fun to be had.

“Worship all you like, Hun,”
I grinned, patting him on the shoulder. “Whoever and wherever it may be; it’s the best way, and gets rid of all the pretence,” again I glanced at the direction those two had fled into. And if it doesn’t work out? Well, at least you won’t end up as the biggest gold draft excluder in history.”

Chuckling at my own joke, I dipped my hand into the hat and pulled out a piece of paper from it. Opening it up, I let out a little laugh at what was there, and slid it under my bodice for safekeeping.

“Looks like I’ve gone from Greek to Roman all of a sudden!”

Steffy

Steffy Danielle Dubois, Adventurer
Date | Time: Evening of the Masquerade Ball
Wearing: Red Gown
Tagging: Open

Everything has been invigorating!  My meeting and making friends at the Mirage.  The luxurious moments in the bath.  Even dressing for the ball, wondering what was next in store.

I enter, surveying.  Yes, everything is on a grand scale.  How elegant!

Levi

Name Lalita Cheema
Date/ Time June 6th, 6pm
Wearing fortune teller dress and mask
Location Fortune tellers booth
TaggingKatrina

The cards had been shuffled and Lalita took them and closed her eyes she allowed her mind to open and try and see what her client had wanted to know. There were many ways to lay cards for a reading but Lalita stuck to a cross with a card in the middle. Without opening her eyes she lay the top, right side, bottom, left side and finally the middle card. Placing the stack to her right she opened her eyes. "Let us begin" she declared.

"Interesting, you past shows me the wheel of fortune, meaning you have wealth already in your life" Lalita peered over at the woman the way she sat and talked I believe this money was eared and wasn't something you were expecting so soon"

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
This fortune is pure fiction and not to be taken seriously out of character.
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Jaclyn

Name: Katrina “Käti” von Roissy
Date | Time: June 6th, 6 pm
Wearing: Blue, warm weather onesie
Tagging: Lalita Cheema, Open

… gaze at the 10 X card ... the wheel ... yes, have much money in my life ... inherited from Daddy with his injunction to spend it and have fun ... look up at the lady …

  “That is so, yes.”

… but is that what the wheel is about? .... my blonde brain whirls ... bringing up and casting down ... yes, I'm being brought up as far as money goes ... nagging thought, is there more than money and cuteness? …

… someone out in the ballroom is making an announcement and the mic isn't working ... then the person ... lady I guess ... speaks loudly ... opening the party! ... oops, I'm late! ... but fortune first ... yes, I have lots and lots of money ... almost too much for my own good …

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Acknowledge.

Flower

Name:  Harry the Waiter
Date | Time: 6 June 2020, mid-afternoon
Wearing:  Uniform
Tagging: Laila, Joseph

Today had been an exhausting, non-stop work day.

Harry was more than looking forward to collapsing into an unrecognizable heap once the party wrapped up for the night. Thinking of a well-earned rest, he glanced in the direction of the clock.

A few more hours, he thought with a sigh, just barely suppressing the urge to yawn.

The party was in full swing now. People were showing off their best moves on the dance floor. It gave him a bit of a laugh to see Miss Ruby coerced some masked gentleman into dancing with her. That lady really was a hoot. He liked her though; she never failed to brighten up staff meetings with her humor.   

As he helped mind the bar, Harry occupied what little downtime he had with people watching. It was a hobby of his; something he felt more comfortable with than actually initiating a conversation. The party did not disappoint. People watching was like...being a theater. Only, depending on your perspective, the main character, the star of the show, might alternate. He crafted stories about those he watched, filling in the gaps of his lack of information about them.

Harry found himself yanked from his thoughts when a man, obviously frustrated, released a rather loud expletive. The cause of his frustration was obvious; a woman. Had she laughed in his face when he sought her attention or something? He couldn’t be sure as he hadn’t managed to catch the woman’s expression as she bolted from the party.
Knowing Brandon and JJ would not let such a moment go unnoticed, Harry swallowed his discomfort and brought the man a glass of water.

“H-happens to the best of us, Sir.” It was the best comfort he could offer him on the fly. “Don’t let it ruin your night.”

Just then, a nearby woman grabbed his attention with a request for wine. He didn’t need to go far since she was nearby the jilted man. Grabbing a bottle, he poured her a glass.