News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Lost in the Forest (Padfoot95 and DukeJohn)

Started by DukeJohn, March 22, 2017, 05:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Padfoot95

Arora chuckled and stroked the deer between his ears again. "Goodnight, little love." she whispered as he slid down to the end of the bed. Once his breathing had steadied into sleep Aurora waved to Wendy, signaling for her to leave. "Goodnight." She whispered after a few confused moments. That girl could not take a hint.

When Aurora awoke and didn't see Bambi she immediately thought the worst. "Bambi?[color]" She called out, jumping out of bed and wrenching the door of the cottage open. She saw the little fawn playing with a young grey animal that she hadn't ever seen before. "Bambi what are you doing? Why didn't you wake me?" she asked, walking towards the pair. "And who is your little friend? Or rather what, I suppose."

DukeJohn

Bambi could see Aurora was very worried about him and was sorry that he had not informed her of his plans to go out and play.

"I'm sorry Aurora, I was just so excited that it was a new day that I just had to go out and play" he said, skipping up and down excitedly and wagging his tail. "I guess I should have told you that I was going out to play so you wouldn't worry."

"This is my new friend Dumbo. He is very shy and doesn't talk as much as me."

"We can play again some other time Dumbo, Aurora is here to help me find my Mommy now" Bambi said, turning to Dumbo. The baby elephant waved goodbye with his trunk and happily trotted away.

"Are you ready to go looking now Aurora?" Bambi asked

Padfoot95

Aurora felt her heart beat slow when Bambi apologized. "It's okay, I was just worried. next time just let me know you're going somewhere, even if I'm asleep." Aurora looked over at the little creature and gave him a warm smile. "Hello Dumbo, you're shy huh. That's okay." It confused Aurora, when Bambi sent the little thing away. When he was gone she turned to Bambi. "Why did you do that? What if he was lost too?"

Aurora shook her head, "We can't go anywhere until Wendy gets here remember? We have to help her look for her brothers."

DukeJohn

Bambi was getting very anxious to look for his Mother. Little fawns could be very excitable and he wanted to get out searching.

"I sure hope she gets here soon so we can find my Mother" Bambi said, skipping up and down eagerly. He was bursting with energy and wanted to set off running through the fields and countryside to find his Mommy.

"Dumbo didn't seem upset when I met him. If he needs help maybe we can help him later" he said.

Padfoot95

Aurora frowned. "Don't get too excited, love, it will hurt more if we don't find her." There was a rustling in the bushes and out popped Wendy who was carrying what looked like a picnic basket. "I brought lunch and snacks." she said brightly.

Aurora looked back at Bambi and shook her head. "That's not how we treat our friends, we don't make assumptions, plus another pair of eyes would have been helpful." Aurora stood up and looked at Wendy. "Bambi is in a hurry to get going, it's good you came early." Wendy offered the little fawn a smile before turning back around and marching back into the forest.

DukeJohn

Bambi's ears dropped slightly and his eyes widened as she mentioned not finding his mother. He had been very confident that they would find her and certainly hoped that they would be able to and that he would not be separated from her forever.

Bambi watched Aurora intently as she gave him instructions and nodded, making clear that he would do what she said in the future. He wanted to make sure he did everything she said since she was older than him and so smart.

"HURRAY!" Bambi said as Wendy arrived. "Away we go!" He skipped happily and trotted behind Wendy as she went towards the forest.

They searched form some time and Bambi was starting to get worried he would not be able to find his Mommy. His ears dropped down and small tears started to form in his eyes. He called out "Mother!" and did his distress bleat as they traveled along, but she never came.