Pathfinder - Another game for the newbs :P (looking for 1 replacement)

Started by Autocad, May 06, 2013, 06:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latooni Subota

Oh you, implying bards are any less awesome than other classes, when they're clearly amazing. :3

Kay Tana: Not that much work, considering it's an Adventure Path. The majority of the annoying stuff is taken care of already.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Autocad

Looks like a tie between Council of Thieves and Serpent's Skull - c'mon guys, break the tie!

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

AndyZ

Let me clarify.  My vote is for Shattered Star but I'll happily play in whatever.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Trilogy

Damn, looks like I didn't get in before this filled up...

Well, if you do decide to run a second game, or someone has to drop out, I'd be interested in taking a spot, at least! I've got lots of pen and paper RPG experience but I've only done 3.5 or Pathfinder like once each. If not, good luck to you all  :-)

EroticFantasyAuthor

I'm just curious, but what is the difference between a module and an adventure path?

Yano2mch

Quote from: Latooni Subota on May 10, 2013, 08:11:11 PM
Oh you, implying bards are any less awesome than other classes, when they're clearly amazing. :3

Not sure... Honestly they aren't combat characters. Half the game is fight/hack&slash, You likely can lose interest real fast when turn after turn everyone else is making multiple attacks and firing into combat and casting spells, and you're mostly just singing in the back and have general knowledge of things.

HeroSystem I think does a good job with that, where the cost of things is based on it's effect in combat. You can learn a full language fairly fluently for the same price as a 1d6 punch, and spells and attacks are dozens of points each.

Mmm I have only ever seen one bard played, and that was an NPC (God in hiding) who decided to travel with us; Mostly he used low level healing spells to heal us to full health. (We were 2nd level btw)

NicciKotor

I do need more players for my PF game. Advertisement!
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Trilogy

Since there is room for me, I'll cast my vote for Council of Thieves! I always prefer games with a good balance of adventuring and social elements.

Not sure what I'm going to play though. What races are we allowed? I've always wanted to try some of the races out of the Advanced Player's Guide, like the Kitsune... if that's not to weeaboo. I'll probably play an Oracle or a Bard (with the Lotus Geisha and/or the Arcane Duelist archetypes) depending on what other people want to play.

Latooni Subota

So NOW it's a tie between Council and Skull. lol

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Kay Tana

Well, assuming they're still playing, neither Yano or EvilBeast has thrown a vote. So we have seven people playing? Isn't that a bit outside what was requested? Not that I'm complaining just confused.

Latooni Subota

I figured once the voting was done, there'd be applications to actually join.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Shouldn't the votes be done by people actually accepted(in the case of applications) and playing in the campaign?

AndyZ

The problem with that is that a pirate character is going to be made differently than a character who lives in the Thieves city.

Yano2mch

Quote from: Kay Tana on May 11, 2013, 02:16:17 PM
Well, assuming they're still playing, neither Yano or EvilBeast has thrown a vote. So we have seven people playing? Isn't that a bit outside what was requested? Not that I'm complaining just confused.

I don't vote for two reasons, firstly I really don't care which module/adventure we play, second I don't know anything about any of them to begin with so if I vote it's a roll of the dice :P

Didact

I see this is full, but it sounds fascinating. If you ever find more room, or want to start another game, I'd be delighted to join.

AndyZ

Well, right now I'm working on a half-orc barbarian with the Pass For Human trait.  She's not that great at society and, even if "lucky" enough to have genetics that seem human enough, doesn't often fool people who get to know her.  Then again, since barbarians rarely seem normal anyway, it's often a wash.

Latooni Subota

Sidenote: For the pirate one, the characters aren't necessarily sailors, at least to start. They're press-ganged into joining a ship.

Autocad

Because voting seems to have failed us, I hereby declare that we shall be playing Serpent's Skull.

Our cast consists of 6 intrepid characters played by:

evilbeast
yano2mch
latooni subota
coyote
kay tana
trilogy

(Sorry andyz, I see that you're already in some other games, so please give other people a chance...)

Now would be a good time to start character creation, if you haven't already.

Allowed sources: official Paizo SRD material.

Level 1
15 point buy
2 traits

In a bit of a twist to those who know how the adventure path's start is written, the party begins as slaves on a pirate ship. Therefore they have no starting equipment or gold, and no familiars or animal companion's either.

After making your character please also tell me one (1) wishlist item that you would like your character to acquire early on. It could be any mundane item or a spellbook. (If you choose a spellbook please also include the spells in your wishlist.) This way you can at least be sure you'll get one correct item for your character build.

You can use an online character sheet like plothook / mythweavers, or make one yourself in-post.

Yano2mch

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12252 Jared, level 1, equipment is carried over from level 2, if you really want i can re-allocate money from scratch, otherwise I'll just drop his money and be happy with what he has right now.
edit: ahh, no equipment, simplifies that :P

Items to want... Hmmm...
edit: added a couple wanted items..
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Well a potion that you drink that makes you 20th level (yeah I don't think you'll give me that :P)
More reasonably, probably a magical ring (Jump, sustenance, +1 anything).
Boots of el... gnomish kind?
As for mundane things, perhaps a tea/party set for gnomes and halflings, book of feats from gnome adventurers, perhaps a spellbook/diary from an illusionist (not that it would have anything he could use)

edited:
Since starting with no equipment at all, a good instrument (He plays the violin),
Carving tools (Craft figurines),
Hmmm....

AndyZ

Trilogy

Alright, given the difference in campaign I took a different tack... here's take one of Aoko the Kitsune Synthesist Summoner!

Aoko
Her Eidolon

Aoko in fox form (Just leaving this reference pic here so I don't lose the link, NSFW and stuff)

I'll write up a description of her and her backstory soon. Going on the theme of a traveling exotic shapeshifter kidnapped from her home lands. Still very social focused, but her eidolon form gives her some combat potential...

Latooni Subota

I don't know how, but I somehow ended up making a Vudrani monk. At the very least, it means my character will be able to swing from ship to ship and survive falling in the ocean! Hopefully I'll have her complete before work starts in a few hours.

Yano2mch

Quote from: Trilogy on May 12, 2013, 12:20:04 PM
Alright, given the difference in campaign I took a different tack... here's take one of Aoko the Kitsune Synthesist Summoner!

Aoko
Her Eidolon

Oohhh a summoner :) I was thinking of trying one out; Rulebook lacks a good list of spells though (There actually aren't enough to Max out all your known spells), SRD gives you a good list though.

Tempting to change my bard, but best if I leave him be.