Winter Wonderland II [Miss Emerald Wins!]

Started by Autumn Sativus, January 24, 2013, 01:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starlequin

After learning during breakfast the grim news of a second murder in the chalet, Señor Oro returned to his own cabin to re-equip for another day of investigation. The previous evening, spent in the charming company of the Señorita Violet, had proven more valuable than he'd anticipated. And seeing as he'd survived, he felt as though he now had at least one ally he could trust in this nightmare. Donning a sturdy pair of boots and a heavy leather coat, Oro was startled to hear a knock at the door just as he reached for the handle. Perhaps the Señorita had returned to share another day with him?

Throwing open the door, the Spaniard was even more surprised to find the Professor scowling on his front step. Recovering quickly, he stepped aside and welcomed the man into his cabin, silently wondering if he would ever manage a chance to investigate any of the other guests' cabins. "Bienvenido, Profesor," Oro said, shedding his coat and offering to take that of his guest. "May I offer you una taza de café? Or perhaps, your visit is more than the social call?" His eyes narrowed slightly as he sized up his guest. Even a woman or a small man could choke the life from a victim with the proper leverage, and the Profesor did not seem at all weak. Perhaps this gentleman could be another ally...or he could be un enemigo más cruel...
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Silver

Wishing to keep to herself, Miss Silver made way from Madame Sapphire's cabin and walked back towards her own; Cabin 12 Thoughts were being mused upon, the wonder if she should actually actively investigate or stay a prisoner within her own chosen cabin until it was time to leave. Lower lip was pulled up between her teeth while opening her door and receiving quite a surprise.

There stood Miss Jade at least she thought it to be Miss Jade; within that which was supposed to be her safety zone. Gray eyes looked over the woman silently, not letting an expression come over her features. The time hadn't been taken to speak with a single soul and now it seemed that it was either do that, be thought to be a murderer or be killed off for the sole fact that she wouldn't be missed.

"Hello.., was finally said after a bit of thought. At least if this woman was coming to size her up before murdering her, a final word was given; even if it was a measly 'Hello'.
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

DudelRok

It stood to reason, at least to a mind clever and wicked like that of Captain Turquoise, that the best place to find a clue, any clue at all, would be a site of a very recent murder. Although Captain Turquoise also know that might put him at risk, so while Captain Turquoise would investigate Cabin 4, he would keep his eyes looking quite diligently for clues as well as other characters that might decide to get too near.

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Sarena

The death of another guest at the winter getaway was most distressing.  Mistress Emerald had no idea where to begin...again.  However, she knew that she could not just sit back and do nothing.  They were being picked off one by one, and each passing day brought each of them closer to their own death.  She was very painfully aware of the possibility that she could be next. 

Quietly, she edged out of the cabin of the late Madame Sapphire, saying a silent prayer for the departed soul.  Then Mistress Emerald headed down the path to Cabin 10.
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Josietta

Lady Violet had indeed enjoyed her evening with Senor Oro and she would be glad to seek him out for further investigations. It was good to have allies and to have one such as he would only prove for a more enjoyable time during such distress. She had made her way back toward his cabin when the door to another had been left open slightly and she stepped just inside to see what may have been going on in there. Cabin 7 looked empty unless the occupants were somewhere she just did not see at first glance. Maybe there would be more clues here that she could share with Senor Oro when she went to find him later that evening.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Autumn Sativus

Waiting on Cabin Movement from:
Beguile's Mistress, Caeli, ThatRPGuy

Also waiting for suspicions from almost everyone.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Martee

When the knock came at the door, Mistress Ruby was unsure whether or not to answer - but the decision was taken from her a moment later as Lady Auburn announced herself and popped into the cabin.  The woman looked a bit confused, which wasn't all that surprising - she had clearly been expecting Mister Green, and possibly even Mister Green in some state of undress.

Mistress Ruby's lips twitched at Lady Auburn's words, as she took and shook the woman's fingers in greeting.

"Oh, I don't know that we both had quite the same idea... but good morning to you," Mistress Ruby replied with a knowing smile.  Realizing that three would be a crowd - or at least not the sort of activity she was looking to engage in at the moment - she gave Lady Auburn a little wink before heading towards the door.

"...And good luck with Mr. Green!" she called back, exiting the cabin. Her investigation into the death of Miss Scarlet was going no where - literally. She was simply standing there, calf-deep in footprint-pocked snow, blinking and shading her eyes amidst a score of cozy cabins.  Straight ahead was another, and it didn't look as if anyone (or ones) were milling about within or without.  Mistress Ruby crossed over to cabin 18, Lady Aubergine's, and went inside.

Status as of March 5th: In like a lion - only one response outstanding

SunshineSparkle

She observed what was laid in front of her eyes from a new perspective, hoping that it would help out in clearing the haziness cast over who is endangering Black Manor's guests. Madam Sapphire's death had been particularly troubling, it was as if the murderer knew exactly at what time to strike.
Doctor Ivory hugged her jacket tighter against her frame, walking toward Lady Auburn's cabin. She knew that some cabins were somewhat connected to each other by a hidden passageway, anyone could have easily used one to commit the crime.

She turned open the door and entered, the interior seemed as quiet as death, a sign that no one was inside. Going round the cabin to make sure it was safe, she finally began her search among Lady Auburn's belongings.

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Remiel

Having discovered no clue whatsoever in his own cabin, the Crimson Crusader decided that it was time to take this show on the road.  But where to start?  The Dapper Detective's instincts were telling him to investigate the cabin of Mistress Emerald (Cabin 1).  But an investigation such as this would require all the stealth, finesse, and discretion he could muster.

"DID YOU DO IT?" he yelled, bursting in through Mistress Emerald's front door.  Unfortunately, there was no one to answer him, as Emerald was not there.

Or...was there?

"DID YOU DO IT?" shouted the Crimson Crusader, picking up Emerald's table lamp.  The lamp was silent, refusing to betray any of its secrets.

"Oh, a wise guy, eh?"  fumed the Crusader.  He stared long and hard at the inanimate object, but to no avail.  It simply wouldn't break.

Man, this detectoring is harder than I thought, thought the Dapper Detective.

The Crimson Crusader interrogates Mistress Emerald's table lamp.
The lamp proves a worthy adversary.

Tharic

Brigadier Blue slowly ran his fingers across his hard, smooth face as he heard the news of the unfortunate death of Madame Sapphire. He sighed softly, shaking his head slowly as he proceeded to finish eating the last of his breakfast. "Sahvillians, nevah can prop'rly handhle the stench of death. I so do nhot miss it." Rising with the others, he investigated the carbon monixide poisoning in cabin four.

Slowly walking his way about the cabin to search for any clues, Brigadier Blue eventually decided to simply investigate the cabin closest to his own. As he walked towards cabin nine, he noticed movement inside his own cabin, number ten. Loosening his pistol from the holster, he cautiously steps towards the door of his own cabin, number ten, but then at the last minute decided to step back towards cabin nine.

"Hahloo? Whos th'are?"

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. Green had returned to his cabin as soon as he saw Maddam Sapphire's lifeless body.  With everybody milling around her cabin, any clues would probably be trampled, so he returned to his to get some things to help his investigation, magnifying glass, notebook, pencil, tweezers, that sort of thing.  He was in the washroom when he thought he heard some voices - he stepped out and saw Lady Auburn standing there.

"Oh, hello Lady Auburn, I thought I heard someone out here"  He said as he looked around for a shirt.  "One thing is certain, this was no accident, Jack Frost & Krampus aren't going to stop until we find them.  Last night I couldn't sleep, so I've been over this cabin more times than I could count looking for anything, you are welcome to search to see if I missed anything."

Beguile's Mistress

The Lady moved with quiet grace from cabin to cabin following the drifting fog of her breath on the chill air of the winter day.  Now and then she would pause as though to listen for the call of a siren that would bid her to turn her footsteps in a certain direction.  She would obey without volition and soon found herself outside Cabin 2 with her hand upon the latch.  She the cabin was occupied by Madame Aqua a suspicious woman to be sure and at the moment otherwise occupied with one of the gentlemen.  A ladylike snort was heard in the quiet surroundings as she stepped into the cozy domicile.  How much time could two people spend looking for evidence of mayhem when they could hardly take their eyes off of each other?  Eyes the colore of the sky after sunset roamed the room and slender fingers poked and prodded here an there, lifted cushions and opened doors and drawers.  Her eyes grew wide as she pulled on one knob on the front of a dresser and stared down into the contents.

Valerian

Quote from: Silver on February 26, 2013, 07:28:32 PM
Wishing to keep to herself, Miss Silver made way from Madame Sapphire's cabin and walked back towards her own; Cabin 12 Thoughts were being mused upon, the wonder if she should actually actively investigate or stay a prisoner within her own chosen cabin until it was time to leave. Lower lip was pulled up between her teeth while opening her door and receiving quite a surprise.

There stood Miss Jade at least she thought it to be Miss Jade; within that which was supposed to be her safety zone. Gray eyes looked over the woman silently, not letting an expression come over her features. The time hadn't been taken to speak with a single soul and now it seemed that it was either do that, be thought to be a murderer or be killed off for the sole fact that she wouldn't be missed.

"Hello.., was finally said after a bit of thought. At least if this woman was coming to size her up before murdering her, a final word was given; even if it was a measly 'Hello'.
Though Miss Silver had not spoken loudly, Miss Jade still couldn't help but jump.  She'd been hesitating awkwardly by the door, uneasy at the entire situation, so it was no wonder she was so edgy.  Now she felt that she was likely either to die of embarrassment, or get herself killed because she'd stumbled into the murderer's lair.  "Oh!  Uh, hello.  Sorry.  Hello.  Everyone else seems to be out searching, so... Uh, I'm just going down the row.  This cabin just happened to be next."

Then she made herself stop talking, looking at Miss Silver in faint alarm.  Certainly she seemed harmless, but who could be sure?
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Autumn Sativus

Waiting on Cabin Movement from:
ThatRPGuy

LAST CALL for cabin movement. The game will be moving forward either later this evening or early tomorrow.

Also waiting for suspicions from almost everyone.
Us against the world

Silver

Miss Jade was quite surprised that she had decided to come back into her own cabin. Perhaps Miss Silver's plan had been flawed all along, by remaining an outcast suspicion was falling upon her now. It should have been expected soon than later, it was time to do research on others as they were now doing to her. "Oh! Uh, hello. Sorry. Hello. Everyone else seems to be out searching, so... Uh, I'm just going down the row. This cabin just happened to be next." A nod was given in reply before biting down upon her lower lip, Miss Silver hadn't really explored her own room much the night before. Perhaps now with another there to witness it, the two women could find something out together. Towards the bed she moved, getting down upon hands and knees after fixing her scarf. There had to be something around that could have been a clue to figuring this whole thing out. "Help me look underneath the bed, then we can move it. We have to look every where; even in places that might not catch the eye at first.." This was a matter of life and death and with Miss Jade's help she was going to chose life.
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Starlequin

Señor Oro felt the sands of time running out as he dawdled with el profesor. "Perdoname, profesor, but we seem to have spent much of the day in the cheet-chat, and we still have asesinos to hunt. I intend to inspect the Cabin numero cinco, for any trace of the banditos. You are, of course, most welcome to accompany me," he said, rising from his seat at the table. He slipped back into his coat and abruptly left the cabin, the chill in the air no match for the chill in his bones as he marched toward Cabin 5.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Sasha

Lady Auburn tilted her head as the other woman left the Cabin ,  raising an eyebrow ....good luck with Mister Green . What exactly was that supposed to mean . As a lightbulb went off in her head ...oh my , maybe she had interrupted something .

Hearing a noise from the washroom .....as the door popped open and Mister Green appeared ...the woman swallowed . " Why yes , I was coming to see what you might of thought ....seems maybe I have ....stepped into a situation or something .  I not sure if Mistress Ruby thinks we have a little ....side thing going or ..."  as she coughed ...." or maybe the two of you do and my unexpected entrance made her flee . If so ....I do apologise Sir . As I wouldn't want rumors floating about that neither of us were taking this investigation serious .  "

"Or maybe I am just reading into things that are not there ....." As she let out a sigh ....maybe she was just misreading everything .  " I not very good at this anyways it seems ....I have searched a couple cabins ...and other than the layout being like backwards ...or something , I see nothing different about them .  Shouldn't jack frost be leaving like frosted footprints or something ...." 

Looking about as she moved over to the closet glancing inside ....feeling a bit out of place really . " Mean ...supposed the would melt into little puddles though soon , wouldn't they . "  trying not to giggle but ...it was still hard to imagine a fictional little ice elf like character existed . 

Caeli

When the next day dawned and Madame Sapphire wasn't to be seen at the table, Lady Aubergine knew that she wasn't going to be able to get her much-needed R&R - at least, not during this vacation.

After eating a hearty breakfast, she sat in the main hall, watching as people disappeared in ones and twos. When only a few of them were left, she exited and tromped outside, wishing there was a way to erase the chill that was prickling along her spine. Would it come down to who would be able to catch the two perpetrators - Jack Frost and the Krampus, both disguised as other vacationers - in the act for her to finally be able to rest without having nightmares about murders and homicides?

Shouldering up another sigh, Lady Aubergine hugged her thick, furry blanket even more tightly to her body. She was about to return to her own cabin when she saw Mistress Ruby slipping in through the front door.

Well, if she wasn't going to be able to rest in her own room...

Having just seen Professor Gray walk into some other poor soul's cabin, Lady Aubergine opened the door into the professor's cabin and settled herself comfortably in the rocking chair, laying her head against the plush cushions. She really had no interest in playing detective, but it didn't look like she had any choice in the matter...
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Autumn Sativus

I'm going out for dinner and then I'll be home to post the next movement.
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

As the day comes to a close each of the guests settle into their selected cabins to continue their investigations and hope that they will not be next on the list for the supposed killers. It was a little questionable if these killers did exist, it was possible Miss Scarlet had just been unlucky, wasn't it? And Madame Sapphire was an accident?

In either case it was an uneasy sleep for the guests, waiting to see who would live and if another victim would be claimed.

PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR SUSPICIONS if you have not already done so! Thank you! :-)
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Waiting for Guesses From
ThatRPGuy
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

I'm going to remove ThatRPGuy from the game and get things going again, I suppose. Should be moving shortly.
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Sorry for the delay everyone. This round will end Sunday. Please make sure to post your movement and send me your suspicions by then.

At the breakfast table it is Mister Orange who is missing and things are beginning to come clear that this is no accident. There is a murderer among them and they must be stopped if anyone is going to have a hope of getting out of here alive. The group makes the sad trek down to Cabin 14 where Mister Orange was last seen and sure enough they find him mostly buried in the snow behind the cabin. It's not really clear what happened, but he's certainly no longer with them and it couldn't have been an accident with all that's going on here.

Cabin movement and suspicions may begin now. They are due by Sunday at midnight EST.
Us against the world

Josietta

Lady Violet had not heard of the newest victim but she was still searching for some clue as to who this was attacking them all. It was true she had an enemy or two in her time but this was no reason for murder. Part of her wondered if each of them had wronged these individuals in some way and this was some huge cruel attempt at offing each person to cause strife in their life. The blonde pushed back her curls and wondered quietly just what she had done but her mind kept going back to the Spanish man, Senor Oro. She smiled to herself and smoothed her skirt, buttoned her wool coat and started off down the hallway toward Cabin 13 . Pausing outside of it she lifted one well manicured hand and knocked twice, waiting for a reply. She also took that moment to lean in closer and listen in. Maybe hoping to hear something of interest inside.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

SunshineSparkle

Doctor Ivory heard the news as soon as she had joined the rest of the group, they found Mister Orange half buried in the snow, dead, coldly murdered. Unless his body had the super power of moving on its own outside, this looked like a premeditated act. Someone was scheming to get rid of them and for now the method works. She shook her head in frustration at the twisted party everybody was engaged in. What would be helpful now is to discover who had committed the crime, starting from where Mister Orange left his searching: Cabin 14.

Clearly, he may have found something compromising or revealing about the culprit to be killed nearby, or there is always the possibility that they were spied on and where every move was meticulously studied.
She took notes of what she found inside before moving on to another door, Cabin 11 was among the ones she hadn't yet visited.

O&O    A&A    Avatars