Interest Check - Diablo RP

Started by EvilMegaCookie, February 16, 2013, 03:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilMegaCookie

So, I would like to have a mature RP set within the world of Diablo, the hack n' slash game. Except that here you aren't limited by class. You can be anything ranging from the usual classes to more orthodox things like a merchant, writer, bartender and so on...hell, you can even be a normal citizen. Another thing I would like to see are demonic players. You can be anything from a notorious Butcher to a new Dark Lord. The Three Prime Evils might be RPable, but I would prefer not, as they are ridiculously powerful. Perhaps at the very end there might be some kind of RP with them. Or if you somehow manage to strike a deal with them. Do so with caution.

I would really like to see relationships between players or NPCs. You may have NPCs with you. I will explain the classes you may be. There are no limits. We might be 10 mages or 10 amazons and so on. I am still thinking of having the D3 classes in here though. Not sure. Also, there will be no HP pots or anything. And you will not be able to slaughter demons like no tomorrow. You have a limit. You are not able to take an arrow to the face unless it shatters via a magical shield or artifact.  All right, on to the classes:

Paladin: He is a natural party leader, Holy man, and Blessed Warrior.
Sorceress: She has mastered the Elemental Magics -- Fire, Lightning, and Ice.
Necromancer: Summoning undead minions and cursing his enemies are his specialties.
Barbarian: He is unequaled in close-quarters combat, and mastery of weapons.
Amazoness: Skilled with the spear, and bow, she is a very versatile fighter.
Assassin: Schooled in the martial arts, her mind and body are deadly weapons.
Druid: Commanding the forces of nature, he summons wild beasts and raging storms to his side.
Monk: Religious warrior of the light, they are masters of the martial arts and speed.
Demon Hunter: Can equip crossbows and launch explosives with a focus mainly on ranged combat.

Note that these are not limited. There may be as many of this and that class. Do note that you will not be able to perform feats like jumping 50 metres into the air and creating shockwaves with a flick of the finger. A Barbarian or a Paladin wielding a two-handed weapon will be able to cut through several imps or of any similiar size at once, but it would be tiring to do feats like that on a constant ratio. Necromancers, if not concentrating, run the risk of getting their undead servants turning upon themselves and the party. Sorceresses/Wizards will have to be careful not to hit their group-members with spells. Unless they want to. I will not force anyone to play together. They may be lone wolves if they wish to. You would have to be extra careful though. There MIGHT be Nephalem in the RP, but for that I would like for anyone to write a detailed biography. Yes, there will be biographies. Even for Demons. Speaking of demons, you may be of any race you wish.

Also, there will be no moral system. Everyone can be what they want. Just no godmodding. And if you wish for something special to happen, such as sacrificing an entire city for a necromancer or just because you struck a deal with the Prime Evil, I would like for you to ask the player or me if it's allowed. Anything can happen. And I encourage it. And yes, there will be sexual acts. Nothing along the sort of vore or anything. Nothing extreme. Extreme gore is fine though. Just remember: Every action has it's consequences. Some characters might even kill you for what you have done. So, since this is based on the Diablo universe, there will be powerful weapons enhancing your abilities. Yes, there will be weapons capable of creating shockwaves and what not. Yes, there will be armor that deflects damage and what not. Everyone will start with the normal armor. And gold will not really play a crucial role, except to buy food and drinks or healing remedies. There are no medicines capable of restoring lost limbs or eyes though. Unless you happen to come by an artifact or anything.

Now, I will have to stop there. A question to all of you interested: What would you like the system to be? A dice-and-roll system? Or just the normal RP, where you respond to attacks with blocking with the shield, not relying upon chance, but on your characters skills? And I might have forgotten to mention it, but every class have their typical abilities. Melee classes will not be able to make enemies fly into the air or anything of the sort though. Nor swinging with such force that enemies fly 20 feet into the air. So, what are your thoughts on this and are there changes in this that you would like to see? And we will go through the normal towns. It's just a matter of where to start. I am thinking of having the classes to be gender-locked though. And the maximum limits of RPers on each side will be either: 10 to 10 or 5 to 5. If we were to go extreme, it would be 15 to 15 or 20 to 20. This would be a complete mess though, so I would advise against this. Unless there is someone who has an idea of how to organize this.

This will be edited further as I receive feedback. And since I am not sure if linking is allowed, I will not link to the diablo wiki.

EvilMegaCookie

This is the template you will be using:

Name:
Race: Human (Demons have different races, so write either Imp, Pitlord, Butcher or anything you fancy here)
Appearance: Be as detailed as possible. Or you can provide with an image.
Personality: Again, be as detailed as possible. A minimum of one paragraph. Demons usually have a fixated personality with their respective races, so use the wiki as a reference. Or if you wish, make them a bit different.
Profession/Class:
Sexuality: Hetero, Homosexual, you name it.
Marital Status: If you are married or single.
Gear: (Unless you have the regular starting-tier, you don't need to write anything. If you have a artifact of note in here via family heritage or just luck, then you can add it to gear.)
Talent Tree/Qualities: This only applies to the classes. If you are of a profession, just write anything that your character is particularily skilled in, be it smithing or solving puzzles. Go to the DII talent trees and you will see the points to put in. All the classes will start on level 5.

If there is anything I have forgotten, do remind me.

EvilMegaCookie

Come on. 50+ views ans so far no one has responded. If you are reading this, atleast, if you could, give me some feedback. If there is anything that you want changed or added, just say so. I am not afraid of critique or anything.

Edit: Removed the sentence that said we will go through Act I to IV. Instead, we might be able to cook up something different. Or we could have two different settings for those who prefers to stick to canon and for those who wish to create their own stories. Thoughts on this?

AndyZ

Personally, I'm not big on canon stuff.  Using the same world can be interesting but I'm iffy on staying exact to something that somebody else has done.  It tends to be limiting.  Also, I'd want to know what kind of system is being used before I commit.

Not to be mean, but since you asked for feedback...
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

EvilMegaCookie

Well, there is no need to go through the same acts and so on. Hell, one could even create their own story. But yeah, what system will be used is still an issue. I will get rid of the Act I to IV thing, as I too feel it would limit the possibilities of RP. I mean, it would limit the way the story could branch out if you know what I mean. Anything else? Any system that you guys could recommend for this kind of setting?

AndyZ

All I can suggest is saying that you're flexible on the idea and then see who kicks in.  You need at least a few people for a game, and it doesn't seem as though there's enough.

That's nothing to be ashamed of, though.  Not every idea kicks off.  Just keep trying, okay?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

EvilMegaCookie

Like hell I will give up. I will keep trying until someone responds :P If this doesn't get a go until atleast 15th-20th march, I will ask for it to be deleted.

Lockepick

I've got some interest! Could play a young Demon Hunter who gets in over his head. I don't have time to post a full sheet right this moment, but I didn't want you to lose hope! I'll jam out a full sheet tomorrow!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

EvilMegaCookie

Glad to hear it! As for me, I will be playing a Necromancer. Not completely sure how his personality will be, but it will be interesting for sure.

EvilMegaCookie

Name:

Race: Human

Appearance: He has hair colored black, growing wildly and a pair of blue eyes, blue as the sky itself. He have soft facial features, but a sharp jaw. His cheekbones are visible, as he is somewhat on the thin side. He has a pale skintone, but not to the point of looking like a ghost. He has a sharp nose with medium-sized nostrils. (is there even a medium?) His ears are of the normal size. He often uses a dark robe coupled with dark boots.

Personality: He is a man with little to no morals. If he has to sacrifice a village to gain what he wants, he will gladly do so. He is a man that would sacrifice anything and everything to destroy the Prime Evils. Even his own soul. He could be described as an extremist in a sense. He reasons that the lives/souls of a few hundred to save a thousand is worth it. Even if he have to use those villagers as skeletal minions. While he does have no morals, he is not proud of what he does. If anything, he would rather not use such methods, but as he keeps seeing the demonic hordes grow in number, his resolve strengthens. While he does seem coldhearted, he has no experience with women and thus tends to be awkward around them.

Profession/Class: Necromancer

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Marital Status: Single

Gear: I will edit this. I am thinking of making a roll system for this spot. Not completely sure though.

Talent Tree/Qualities: 3/20 Raise Skeleton 2/20 Skeleton Mastery

CarnivorousBunny

Okay, I AM interested, but I'm a little overwhelmed by how you are describing the scale of the game.  It sounds like it could be messy, random, and a little out of control, but maybe that's just you getting excited.

How many players are you looking for, and how are you going to control the game?  You make it sound like it will need multiple threads, and in my opinion it WILL need dice to dictate (at the very least) the kinds of drops characters will get.
What exactly will the players be trying to accomplish in the game? Or will this be a sandbox game where the players just go on their own quests?  Or will you throw in a new threat to the world that all parties (even if they are not together) be trying to neutralise it?

If I join I actually want to play a traveling merchant with some combat experience, like a trap based Assassin or an apprentice Witch Doctor who summons a couple of pets. 
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

EvilMegaCookie

Sounds interesting. But yes, the dice sounds good for determining what sort of gear it will start with. But I have little-to-no experience regarding how that system works. Could you elaborate? And yes, this is probably me being too excited. I am hoping for atleast over five players. Would be even better if we reach ten and more. If we could reach the ''magical'' ten, then we can have players roleplaying as a demon lord or anything. Sort of like PvP-RP. I am thinking of having the Prime Evils still exist. First, we would have to decide what town we will be in. Unless we could create a fictional town. As in, a town that is not in the lore. We could have the setting after the events of Diablo 3. Honestly, I would prefer that the Three Prime Evil's still exist. As I find them to be interesting foes to battle against, once we reach that point.

And yes. Overwhelmed is good. Very good. >:D