A Harry Potter Game (next generation with/out a twist)- Interest Check

Started by Roen, January 18, 2013, 05:39:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roen

This is an interest page, before I start laboring over a detailed plot and getting all excited, I would like to see how many of you are actually interested.  What I had in mind is a new group RP, basing off on the Harry Potter world, taking it to the next generation. Now, it can go either way, I can make a sort of cannon fan fiction game, that is strictly loyal to the world and the lore, with the next generation of the original characters (Potters, Weaslies, Malfoys, Lovegoods, Longbottoms etc.) to which I have a concept of a plot, with a very Rowlingish feel to it (if I may be so bold)- and it's not one of those delusional 'what if Voldermort didn't die/comes back?' plots. Otherwise, we could be a little more daring and adventurous, not to mention heretic, and try using the setting with a twist. For that, what I actually had in my crazy little mind is a survival horror game, at Hogwarts, during one of the holidays, most of the students and the teachers are away, something goes terribly wrong. Which concept do I choose? It's all up to you, vote it up!

The game will be a sexual one, might include age play and/or incest (tastefully, of course, nothing that would destroy anyone's childhood XD), so all characters will be mature in spirit and over the age of 16. It will be a freeform RP, and I'm expecting in-depth characters for all to enjoy (:

*pokes* Your turn now, Let me know what you think!

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

Hotaru37

I think I might be interested in this Roen.   :-)  The last Harry Potter one I was in died.
"All who wander are not lost."  Some just enjoy the adventure of seeking the unknown.  ^^                

Ons and Offs/A/A's/My Rabbit Hole

Roen

-Nathan Alterman.

Hotaru37

You are making me pick just one concept?   :P  Decisions, decisions...   I like both ideas and they both sound quite interesting to me but to me I would like to see what Rowlingish like idea you have.  Though I will be happy with either plot when it comes down to it.   ;D
"All who wander are not lost."  Some just enjoy the adventure of seeking the unknown.  ^^                

Ons and Offs/A/A's/My Rabbit Hole

BetaBonk

I'll peek in with a tentative interest in this one.  I'd be more eager for the first proposal, but I wouldn't necessarily refuse the second idea. (Keeping in mind that I play submissive gay/bi or feminine characters, if that fits comfortably with the rest of the "cast" :-) )

Roen

Yeah, man, sure. There's room for all and everyone :)
Also, I want to clarify that I was talking about incest cause the Weasley clan has like 15 cousins, and age play because I'm going to need/allow one or two players to create teachers, especially if we go down the horror path.

-Nathan Alterman.

blackcatotaku

I am interested, the concept thrown out that I found personally most appealing was the idea of the horror story where a handful of students and staff are alone in the school with some looming threat. It would combine two things I really like, horror and Harry Potter. I am curious though if we go with a concept would it be treated more like a one shot then?

Roen

No, I'll pick a long holiday, might even make it into summer time. I'll find a way to make it last just enough to satisfy all :)

-Nathan Alterman.

Caehlim

My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

blackcatotaku

Roen

About six players, depends on the asking, I want to see how many people are actually interested and what kind of characters they feel like playing. I'm also discussing a second horror game, with quite a similar concept to it (students locked in a school), so I might make one horror non-HP and the other classic HP game. 

-Nathan Alterman.

YaoiRolePlay

I personally would love to do a canon post-Potter game. I'm calling it right now though, I want Albus Potter and he will be in Slytherin. Albus in Slytherin is headcanon for me, so there's that. I only play gay characters, so there's that as well. So he'd have to be gay. I'd love to have Scorpius/Albus going on if that's ok with you. If you don't feel like I'm hijacking your game. ;D

I'm not much of a horror person, though, so I wouldn't want to go down that route.