Adrift in Space (Closed to New Players)

Started by kckolbe, October 16, 2013, 08:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavenAbove

Quote from: kckolbe on October 19, 2013, 05:38:03 AM
You decide based on how good you think your char would be in each ability, though you have a limited number of total points to spend.  If he is in his twenties, he will only have 15 points, but he will get an extra 3 points every ten years. 

So someone in their thirties would only have 18 points to spend across 19 abilities?

kckolbe

You start with a 2 in every ability, so it isn't as bad as it sounds.  Raising from a 2 to a 3 only costs 1 point. 
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

HeavenAbove

Ok starting to make a little more sense now.

kckolbe

Rasing from a 3 to a 4 costs 3 more points, for a total of 4.  Generally, characters have 3 4s and 6 3s.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

HeavenAbove

How do the specialties tie in to each ability? Do you need to use an additional point to show that you have a certain specialty under an ability?

kckolbe

Specialties are listed on the same section, a little further down, and are bought with separate points.  A 30s character would have 8 points for specialties in addition to the 18 for abilities.

Intro Thread

HeavenAbove

Ok starting to make even more sense now. Everyone is supposed to have merits as well?

kckolbe

Everyone *can* have merits, and they are generally recommended.  Everyone 30 or older does have to take a flaw, and taking extra flaws gives you Destiny Points, which can be invested into Merits or saved.  I strongly recommend that every character start with a Destiny Point unspent on anything, as they can be lifesavers.

Intro Thread

HeavenAbove

Alright so I need to split up the points in different abilities and use the extra points in specializations and pick a flaw (or more if I chose) and that's basically the gist of it?

kckolbe

That's it.  The rest is basic char creation.  Name, age, appearance, personality.

Intro Thread

HeavenAbove

Alright, well that doesn't seem terribly difficult. I think I can get a character sheet up here shortly.

Kythia

So do we have a final call on flaws?  Do I need to change mine?

mia h

Quote from: kckolbe on October 19, 2013, 04:17:53 AM
Now, to take care of this early on, does anyone mind characters under 18?

Just as long as there's no Boxey  ;D
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

kckolbe

Flaws are fine for now.  I may just limit the number of generic flaws that can be allowed per character.  I do feel that they are being abused, and intend to do something to prevent that, but not fully set upon how to do so.

Intro Thread

Kythia

Coolio.  Let me know if something needs changing.  I kinda like my current three so if you do want me to take new ones I think I'll probably just get some DP for them.  If one spare is good, three spare are better, right?

Also - ship names:
Resolute, Newcastle, Vigilant

kckolbe

Kythia, your flaws are fine.  The ones I was referring to were the Generic Flaw: Warfare, Thievery, etc that are common on the civilian side.

Intro Thread

Scribbles

Quote from: Kythia on October 19, 2013, 08:08:54 AMNewcastle

*Gasps* And doom our mission from the start? I vote we call the ship Liverpool!

Silliness aside, I vote Valkyrie, Vigilant or Odyssey, as I feel those all fit nicely with the overall goal of the RP.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

kckolbe

Odyssey does kinda fit what's going on.  A major war followed by a long journey with all kinds of challenges.  That one has potential.

Intro Thread

Kythia

Quote from: Scribbles on October 19, 2013, 08:26:53 AM
*Gasps* And doom our mission from the start? I vote we call the ship Liverpool!

Well, we would all get a free rank in thievery...

I like Odyssey as well though

Quote from: kckolbe on October 19, 2013, 08:26:15 AM
Kythia, your flaws are fine.  The ones I was referring to were the Generic Flaw: Warfare, Thievery, etc that are common on the civilian side.

Sorry, I was referring to your comment about having to choose two from agility, athletics, etc etc etc

kckolbe

I still recommend those flaws, but given that illness is a pretty serious and interesting one, I don't really want you to change them. 

Intro Thread

Kythia

Kythia

Double post FTW...

Do we know of the existence of Cylon skin jobs?  Like, leaving aside the question of who they are, do we even know they're a possibility?

kckolbe

There will be rumors, but nothing confirmed.

Intro Thread

kckolbe

Glad to hear it.  I'd actually just sent you a PM that touched on what you said.

Intro Thread

mia h

Ship names :
Ulysses, Argo, Valkyrie

Quote from: Kythia on October 19, 2013, 11:00:29 AM
Do we know of the existence of Cylon skin jobs? 

Yeah, they're the ones with Cylon on their CS  ;D
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.