First New Superman Image, for the new movies (Possible series? ;D)

Started by Wolfy, August 04, 2011, 09:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Saerrael

...hasn't this gu--- eerhmmm.. comic been milked enough by now?

Callie Del Noire

See.. its' like this.. Warner Bros looks at the runaway profits that Marvel is making and wants to do it..then they goof and don't do like marvel and have folks from their comic pubilsher give them input into the script, and on site to advise... that and they KNOW.. just..deep down KNOW that they can do the same success as Nolan did with Batman.

The problem is they don't know how.

Looks nice.. but then I thought the last one looked nice. The story/actors are what matters.

Saerrael

Sorry, but.. Batman, the story, has more potential. *shake his head*

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Saerra on August 04, 2011, 10:13:40 PM
Sorry, but.. Batman, the story, has more potential. *shake his head*

There are some good Superman stories.. but I agree that Batman is much easier. I admit that I like Nolan's Batman movies even as I want to see things like Clayface, Solomon Grundy on the silver screen.

I think that something like All-Star Superman, Red Son or some of the other stories would be great on screen (or animated). I would LOVE to see some of the Elseworld classics animated too.

Saerrael

Oh, I agree there are good Superman stories, yes. They just don't seem to hit the silver screen often. It's mostly the same.

Hm, sorry, derailing the thread.

Callie Del Noire

Consider the man at the camera. Snyder is a pretty good interpreter.

Saerrael

Just as long as he doesn't interpret the same old story. I mean, I did see the very first superman movie. And everything else since. I'm getting a tad bored >.>'

Xanatos

The last superman was perfectly good movie. The problem was not the movie, it was the people watching it. How can I say that you ask? Look at Marvel's comics and many of DC's. The heroes are more action oriented, and in the case of Marvel, its more dark and edgy. Bad things happen and even the good guys do morally gray things. Superman is and always will be the Big Blue Boy scout. He is the moral fiber of DC. American's just don't appreciate him like they used too. People want insane heroes like Wolverine and Deadpool (both are awesome, don't get me wrong).

I think they could pull off a Superman movie if it had more action to sate the Instant gratification fix people want. They can still play up his moral fiber, just in a way which doesn't choke the watchers. Superman is one kick ass hero. Hollywood just needs to try harder. If they did a movie based around Supergirl being threatened by Dark Seid, that would be a rockem sockem movie. It would get across an important point - even Superman gets major league pissed off.

Callie Del Noire

There is a trailer some guy threw together out there that was basically Supes vs Doomsday.. with Lex Luthor being the one that accidentally unleashes Doomsday on the world

'Good guy' hereos aren't always a 'bad thing' I mean.. look at the new Cap movie.. I think Supes vs Doomsday or Darkseid is what the character needs. Somoene who can challenge him on a physical level.

Found the 'trailer', it's got touched up footage from a couple otehr movies.

SUPERMAN: DOOMSDAY - The Death of Superman (Fan film 1 of 3)

Anyalyss

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770828/

It's a reboot, director is Zack Snyder (Watchmen, 300, Sucker punch (ugh)) but I read that Christopher Nolan is a producer and writer of this one, so who knows! maybe it will be a good surprise like The Dark Knight :-)
O&O's    A&A's

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Anya on August 05, 2011, 04:38:41 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770828/

It's a reboot, director is Zack Snyder (Watchmen, 300, Sucker punch (ugh)) but I read that Christopher Nolan is a producer and writer of this one, so who knows! maybe it will be a good surprise like The Dark Knight :-)

I don't know.. aside from his choice for Ozymandias and the twist on how the movie ended, I thought Watchmen went pretty close to the comic. (Ozy needed a couple sammichs dammit!)

Violence

I actually like Zack Snyder... ^.^;; but like him or hate him, you have to admit he's pretty good at adapting a work from page to screen.  So there should be at least some reason to keep an open mind about the project.  And as much as I love Bryan Singer most of the problems with Superman Returns can be traced back to some of his choices on the film and trying too base it on the older movies as opposed to the comics.

I thought that I had also read they were kinda breaking the norm by not using Lex Luthor as the villain this time... Of course that was from a rumor saying it was General Zod, so it's not like they're really reaching into untried territory.

So, I'm trying to remain optimistic.  Though, regarding the costume I don't know how I feel about the textured look of it all.  It feels too much like an Aquaman costume, to me.
"Inciting Violence" (O/O) | "Random Acts of Violence" (Requests/Ideas) | Language of Violence (A Story I'm Working On)

And it all breaks down at the role reversal . Got the muse in my head she's universal . Spinnin' me round she's coming over me.
Domestic Violence (My OC's) | The Art of Violence (Stuff I Draw'd) | The Absense of Violence (A/A)

Cravings::  ANYTHING with Ballerinas! | Playing a cheating wife/girlfriend scenario. | Something that lets me play Jaime Lannister.

Oniya

I remember one episode of one of the animated Superman series where Superman was going against Darkseid, and he said something to the effect of 'Every villain I've ever gone up against, no matter how powerful, I've still had to hold back.  With you, I don't have to do that.'  I think this was the same episode where there was the following exchange between Batman and Darkseid:

D: You can't possibly hope to defeat me!
B: I'm not trying to defeat you.  I'm just trying to distract you.
S: *taps Darkseid on the shoulder*
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on August 11, 2011, 09:18:49 PM
I remember one episode of one of the animated Superman series where Superman was going against Darkseid, and he said something to the effect of 'Every villain I've ever gone up against, no matter how powerful, I've still had to hold back.  With you, I don't have to do that.'  I think this was the same episode where there was the following exchange between Batman and Darkseid:

Yeah.. I remember that episode. It was a hoot.. Supes just amped up his fight to new levels. There have been only two people in the animated series that he's unwound on. Darkseid and Doomsday.

Violence

Quote from: Oniya on August 11, 2011, 09:18:49 PM

It's the finale from Justice League Unlimited.  Superman's famous "world of cardboard" speech. ^.^ I love that and the following beatdown... even though it's so brief before Darkseid gets a cheapshot with his deus-ex machina weapon.
"Inciting Violence" (O/O) | "Random Acts of Violence" (Requests/Ideas) | Language of Violence (A Story I'm Working On)

And it all breaks down at the role reversal . Got the muse in my head she's universal . Spinnin' me round she's coming over me.
Domestic Violence (My OC's) | The Art of Violence (Stuff I Draw'd) | The Absense of Violence (A/A)

Cravings::  ANYTHING with Ballerinas! | Playing a cheating wife/girlfriend scenario. | Something that lets me play Jaime Lannister.

Cosmo_ac

It was a good final episode to the series (though I wish they had done more.  I loved those series, they did such a great job) but I was a little disapointed with that part.  I mean, superman holding back all the time, I get that.  I mean, every superhero with superhuman strength has to do this at some point, be it spider-man, superman, and everybody inbetween.  What I didn't like was how when superman "doesn't hold back anymore" he seems to be SO vastly stronger then darkseid, it makes me shake my head.  I mean, Darkseid is supposed to be almost like the incarnate of evil.  he's supposed to be like a freaking god, and Superman can just "take the gloves off" at a moments notice, and proceed to beat the hell out of him without much effort.  What the fuck?!  how many times did supes almost get his ass handed to him by significantly weaker supervillians, and all he had to do all this time was to 'take the gloves off'?  I'm sorry, but that just pisses me off.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Violence on August 11, 2011, 09:50:32 PM
It's the finale from Justice League Unlimited.  Superman's famous "world of cardboard" speech. ^.^ I love that and the following beatdown... even though it's so brief before Darkseid gets a cheapshot with his deus-ex machina weapon.

Yup.. this one.

World of Cardboard

Violence

Always awesome.

I have mixed feelings about that finale as a whole... but that part right there I could watch a hundred times. ^.^ 

That and:
"It would take a 12th level intellect..."
"Then I'm overqualified."