Ain't no sin, take off your skin (M seeking F)

Started by TheBlackRider, August 12, 2012, 11:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackRider

What I'm looking for: I'm looking for long-term, character-driven RPs where plot takes precedence over smut.  Don't get me wrong, smut is great, but to me it's sexier when there' some context, when the characters have a reason to want each other. There's something quite enthralling about creating a story with someone else that you just don’t get when you're writing solo. I prefer to play over PMs, but I can be talked into playing over email.

I'm a big fan of fantasy or historical settings, but I can do modern as well.  When I play fantasy, usually I prefer a "low magic" setting where the focus is more about the characters. I have a particular love for dark fantasy, especially with elements of horror.

I usually play male characters, and I only play opposite female characters. As far as women, I really enjoy love/hate relationships. I think it's incredibly sexy when two characters start out disliking each other, but are both faced with an undeniable attraction. Usually I'll play a dominant character, but I'd prefer to play against a character that had some bite to her rather than some meek and willing slave. Dominance and submission in the bedroom is hot, but I'm not a big fan of the 24/7 lifestyle or purely master/slave relationships. I've also found that pregnancy is a turn-off for me. I've tried it in the past, but I've come to realize it's just not my thing. You can see a full list of my ONs and OFFs here:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=148375.0

Post length: Normally I'll post 2-4 paragraphs, but can do more or less depending on how the story is flowing. I know this is the part where I'm supposed to say "no one-liners." After all, one-liners don't give you much to respond to. But sometimes one-liners can be good. If you've got a good dialogue going, it's easier to write in shorter posts than to write an essay with the quip buried somewhere in it. That said, sometimes you really need to flesh out a scene with a detailed post. 

Posting frequency: Normally I try to do at least one IC post a day.  Real life has a nasty habit of getting in the way sometimes, but I try to give notice if I'm going to be gone or slow.

Plot Hooks

These are some ideas for characters and plots in this setting. I want to keep the plots fairly general because I'd rather work on plots together to suit both our interests. These hooks are more meant to show the characters I like to play. Of course if you've got your own plot idea, hit me up and we can work out the details.

The Lost Shroud (Fantasy/Horror)

Bellic had never wanted the power to speak with the dead. But the power had chosen him and it held his soul like a vice. Some men born to necromancy would have used the power to predict the future or to summon grim spirits from the netherworld, but Bellic refused to grant his "gift" any credence and tried again and again to unsuccessfully silence the mad, gibbering voices of the undead that called out from beyond the veil.

All that changes when Bellic is approached by a woman haunted by a vengeful spirit, a spirit that knows Bellic by name. The specter has a connection to both Bellic's past and the woman's, and it has an elaborate revenge in store for the both of them.

A Stillness Before Battle (Historical)

Set during the American Civil war, in Tennessee.  My character is a cavalry scout for the Union and an immigrant from Dublin. Almost as soon as he arrived in America, he was recruited into the Federal Army and sent south to put down the rebellion.  As the story opens, he is racing back to his headquarters to bring back dire news—the Confederates are on the move, and out for vengeance.  But things can never be easy for this hard-bitten Irishman…

There are lots of different ways this one could go. Perhaps my character runs into a woman on a plantation who views him as the enemy and tries to stop him. Or he could run into a bandit, a woman disguised as a soldier, or even a runaway slave.

The Hallowed Halls (Modern Fantasy)

Dr. Jake Aronson was comfortable, maybe too comfortable with his life. He'd become a professor at a small, out-of-the-way school, the kind of place where someone could throw themselves into their teaching and their research. And their sorcery.  Nobody at the quiet collie suspected that Professor Aronson dabbled in the Black Arts, and that's how he preferred it. But secrets can only be kept for so long.  One day, another sorcerer appears in the sleepy town, and then another, and another. Something has drawn these mages like a moth to a flame, and soon Jake has no choice but to restore the balance. 

The female role here could be one of the newly-arrived sorcerers, or even a student who's just discovering her own arcane powers.

Born Under a Bad Sign (Fantasy)

Desdin should have inherited a fortune, he should have received all the things expected of a youg man lucky enough to have been born noble. But luck always played its own agenda with Desdin and those around him. Even as a child those who crossed him seemed to meet with inexplicable misfortune. Bullies would fall into mud puddles, strict teachers would find themselves mired in scandal. He'd thought it a handy skill, even if he only half-understood how it worked. That all changed when a stroke of bad luck brought his once-powerful family to ruins. His family lost it all, the fortune, the estate, acres of land outside the city in one fell swoop. And whether his eerie power played any part in his family's downfall, Desdin could never know.

Out of desperation, Desdin joined the city guard. He's been steadily climbing up the ladder and gaining a as a man who gets things with no questions asked, or answered. But his rise can only last for so long.

For this one, I'm thinking that my character could develop a rivalry with a criminal, or even another member of the guard, or anybody who could pose a threat to Desdin's ambitions.

Eleah

Hey there Rider!

So I was just having a look at your plots and The Hallowed Halls caught my fancy. I definitely like the idea of a teenage girl aligning herself with your Professor to develop or improve her skills, especially if he makes her pay for her tuition in deviant ways. Then again, she could be something of a sidekick to him as they attempt to unravel the mystery of the town...

Just wondering what you had in mind as the reason for such magical attention?

Eleah
x

Mellific

-Pops in.- ^^

I was just reading through your current Rp ideas and The Last Shroud pierced me a bit. I had a similar idea for an Rp, actually, which was initially why I decided to go ahead and post to you here. I'm honestly not used to Rping in PM's, and I'm actually new here so, patience might be necessary while I learn the site. -Chuckles.-

Anyway, PM me if you would like to speak more about the possibility of Rping together, I definitely got hooked into the excerpt, and now I'm wondering. I'd love to hear from you.

Mel <3

O/O | A/A | MM