Pathfinder Society X - Any interest?

Started by Melendrith, March 30, 2017, 07:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter

Quote from: NightLux on April 06, 2017, 05:30:04 PM
I vote this.  Very much this.

My channelers typically don't wear armor but I suppose I can start with like studded leather and discard it once I level a bit.    Or otherwise pick up Mage Armor

Edit: Or alternately start with a partially charged wand of Mage Armor.  Callistrian clerics use a whip (Barded Whip = 5 gp), so there's a bit of give room in terms of starting money.

Kathyan

Quote from: NightLux on April 06, 2017, 01:19:41 PM
A VC is a Venture-Captain, basically the NPC that gives the missions and takes the reports.

By "normal" I think he's contrasting versus an All-Female or All-Male.  Maybe "mixed gender" would be better word to use.

I also vote for "clothing as HP" and a "freeform" mix.  I always liked the idea of HP as also the energy you have to dodge.  If someone misses, you might have dodged, but if they hit and do damage, narratively you also did dodge, but you did at the last minute, burning a bunch of energy and stressing yourself out.  No reason, given the nature of this version, it couldn't also rip off some clothing too.

And the scenario - I don't really care for each.  It looks like we're not going to be doing strict PFS, so we can ad lib as needed.  Right?

And hedge witches are awesome.  I was thinking a rogue myself, maybe a bard.  Not sure of the archetype yet.
Thanks for the VC explanation, also I'm pretty sure I've seen that description of HP in some d20 system, I've always pretty much liked that idea.

Quote from: Hunter on April 06, 2017, 05:28:56 PM
I'm actually leaning toward making a dedicated cleric channeler.    The idea of using divine energy to shred clothes is just...     ;D
And what domain do you use for that, I don't remember reading something like that. It sure sounds hot ^^

Idej

Hunter

Quote from: Kathyan on April 06, 2017, 06:52:48 PM
Thanks for the VC explanation, also I'm pretty sure I've seen that description of HP in some d20 system, I've always pretty much liked that idea.

3.x had a Book of Erotic Fantasy.   Might be where you saw it.

Melendrith

It took a long time typing this on my phone, but I did it and edited a little and put it up here.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=265601.0

So sign up there, if you still want to. I wouldn't mind no sign ups at all lol. After all I am condensing most of a PDF that paid writers and publishers at paizo.com released under Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guide Season 8 and putting it up as a few posts lol.
Discord ID Zyraen
known as Ahzran^ or Dakushna^ on mIRC

Hunter

Quote from: Melendrith on April 07, 2017, 10:43:49 AM
It took a long time typing this on my phone, but I did it and edited a little and put it up here.
There's a program called dopdf (I think) that lets you selectively copy pages from pdf files.   At least, it used to.

Melendrith

I also have screen cutters but i think i just want to rewrite in a more "approachable" way. Lol
Discord ID Zyraen
known as Ahzran^ or Dakushna^ on mIRC

Hunter