One-on-One: Hunter Phoenix and Sophidian

Started by Sophidian, August 12, 2010, 05:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophidian

"I didn't think it was possible until my hands glowed that day." She took a sip of the drink, sighing after a moment. "Oh, that's good. There's liquor in this, isn't there?" She stretched her legs out and shook her head. "It really is amazing, though. It really is something that... shouldn't be."
Ons & Offs -- Searching for RPers -- A & As (September)

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nearly choked on his own drink when she said about there been liquor in it.

"I don't remember putting any in, but then again I wasn't really paying attention to the bottle that I picked up"

He downed the rest of his drink in one go, it tasted nice whatever it was.

"Magic is obviously a gift, it had kept you alive all this time, it has protected against the demons, ok it isn't of this world, but it has proven both good, in the terms that you have used it to protect, and then for evil as well in the case of the demons"

He sat back in his seat and rubbed his eyes, the drink had hit him a little bit hard, but then again he had downed the whole thing in one go.
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Sophidian

She smiled at his reaction. "Not used to that, hm?" She shook her head. "You have to be careful. If you drink too many, we won't be able to leave tomorrow."

She stood up, fetching them both a glass of water.

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén smiled and watched her.

"When do you want to set off tomorrow? Before the cock crows?"

Sophidian

She sat down in the seat beside him this time, placing both drinks on the table with a quiet clank. "I think it would be best if we tried to travel during the night. Sleeping in the darkness is dangerous." She sipped her drink. "Of course, if they're out during the day now, it'd be equally dangerous, but I think they congregate more during the dark hours."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded in agreement

"I suppose your right, it would be better go travel by night, we could slip out tomorrow evening if you wish, when everyone has left for the night?"

He yawned and smiled sleepily to Shie and accepted the water from her.

"I think the early mornings are catching up to me now, along with all the work we have been doing recently"

He yawned again and took a sip of water.

Sophidian

"I know the feeling," she murmured. "We'll be able to sleep in late tomorrow and get a good start on a long night of travel." She finished her drink and settled back in her chair.

"Will be weird being away from home."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

He nodded to her

"It is always strange when you are first away from home, but you get used to it eventually, not to worry, we shall be back before too long"

Sophidian

She shifted until her feet were curled beneath her. "That's my hope. That I come back, that I see the whole village protected and safe. That we finish this quickly."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

He smiled to her and nodded

"Don't worry, I'll get you back safely, no matter what"

He rubbed his eyes.

"I think I'll go help out on the wall again, now that some of the sword training is out of the way I can concentrate on that a lot more, they are making real progress out there, I wouldn't be surprised if they are half way done by now"

Sophidian

"Oh, alright." She nodded up to him, feeling a sudden sense of uselessness. She pulled the books back to her and began to read, to keep her mind off what was to come.

"I hope they finish soon."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Nodding, he made for the inn exit

"I'll be back soon enough, I won't leave you alone for too long"

He jogged down to the wall and then helped out till everyone finished about an hour later, then he jogged back to the inn ahead of everyone else and smiled to Shie as he walked in.

"Hey beautiful, everyone is headed this way, you didn't miss me too much did you?"

Sophidian

Her face flushed as she was called beautiful. She gazed up at him in surprise, touching her cheek, before quickly looking back down at her papers. "No, I was..." She motioned around. "They all say the same thing..."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén smiled to her and went over to the counter to start filling cups with sake, then when the first of the villagers came in, he handed them out, letting Shie take a break from her regular duties so that she could have a few drinks herself and relax for a change, he placed a cup of sake in front of her.

"Have a night off, you look tired, I can handle the drinks and such"

He smiled to her and then walked around handing drinks to villagers as they requested them.

Sophidian

Shie didn't argue. Instead, she sipped her sake and watched him work. After finishing another book, she pushed it aside and sighed.

This was going to be a test of her will, traveling with him.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén weaved between tables and gave out more drinks when required, he whistled a tune to himself as he worked, passing by Shie and refilling her drink when she wanted another one, he smiled to her each time and then he was away again serving others and then he had to refill cups as well. He wasn't used to being on the go like this and it tired him a little.

Sophidian

Shie, knowing he must be tiring, took the jar of sake from him and pointed to the chair without a word. Having not drunk to excess that evening, she was able to flit about the room, fulfilling requests and cups.

The food came out, easily served, and she placed a dish in front of Lièrén before leaving one for herself as well. Moments later, she was able to sit and eat.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén collapsed into the chair instead of arguing with Shie and he thanked her when she placed some food in front of him, he waited for her to come sit with him and then he ate with her.

"This food is fantastic, are you ok? You seem a little nervous, is it about tomorrow?"

Sophidian

Shie glanced up from her food, fork posed halfway to her mouth. "That's part of it," she said. "Another part would probably be leaving these men to defend themselves." She motioned around the room. "A bunch of drunks."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

He nodded in agreement

"That is quite true, it would be bad to see them all drunk having to fight demons, maybe your father could close the inn for a couple of days to stop them getting drunk, just while we are gone, once we return he could re-open it and they could get as drunk as they like"

He knew her father would never like the idea of closing his inn for a couple of days while they were gone, but he had something in his pack tht could soon change his mind.

Sophidian

She winced at the idea but gave a shrug. "I...hope? I'm not sure if he'll agree." She rose from the chair, looking over at her father's office. "I can try, though..."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén laid a hand on her shoulder

"You stay here and enjoy your food, I shall be back shortly, I'm going to go talk to your father"

He stood and quickly went up to his room and picked up a small pouch from his pack, then he went to the office and knocked on the door, entering when he had been told he could enter.

"Good evening sir, I have a request from you, would you be able to hear me out please?"

Sophidian

Tanaka-san glanced up from his papers, then looked back at them a moment later. "Go. I have to finish these requests so make it quick."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

He took a breath and launched into it.

"I need you to close the inn for a few days, just while me and Shie are away, we are going to stop the demons at their source, we have plenty of information on them and we feel that we can put a stop to them for good"

He saw the look of shock on the old mans face

"I know this is an insane request, but it needs to be done, the defence of this village is important and we cannot have everyone drunk all the time, if you go through with this, I can give you all of this..."

He produced the pouch and opened it, tipping 100 gold coins onto the desk

"...this is compensation in return for closing the inn while Shie and I are away, I hope this covers it"

He stood and waited to see what the owner would say.

Sophidian

Tanaka crossed himself and stared at the mountain of coins. "That's... You're taking my daughter where? She can't go hunting demons. She's..." He gazed down the stairs to where he could hear her voice. "She's fragile. She doesn't need men like you trying to whisk her away."

He stood, motioning to the coins. "What if she dies? You both die? Is this amount supposed to make up for it?"

-- Anton Chekhov