Vampire the Masquerade Mafia [Game Thread] [Day Phase 4]

Started by Blythe, May 13, 2016, 11:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

Quote from: Mintprincess on May 23, 2016, 11:28:29 PM
Not only that, but Guy's role will be told to us as Sabbat with a special role, not Camarilla, so Sunshine was most definitely NOT the Lycan role.   Had she been killed by the Sabbat and revealed that way, we would have been guarenteed to know that was her role.  That leaves her as one of the other four special roles originally in the game.   

Blythe explained this right here

Oh yeah! I can't believe I forgot that. Well, I'm an idiot. lol I'm still getting used to these roles and such.

My apologies.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Remiel

I'm going to take a stab in the dark.  I think Seranova is up to no good.

Blythe

Current Votes

2 - TheLeslie (ThatRPGuy, Madame Professor)
1 - Seranova (Remiel)

Yet to Vote
yugi006, persephone325, Intimate Ink, Mintprincess, Rel Mayer, Seranova, theLeslie, Geeklet, Christa, AmberStarfire

(Make sure to bold your votes so I can see them! If I've missed your vote, poke me in PMs with a link to where you voted! And please remember the deadline is  Tuesday, May 24 at 8 p.m. US Central Time. You can change your vote any time before then, but after that time, no changes will be accepted. If you have not voted by then, I will tally whatever votes I have and determine what action is taken.)

Clio

Gah. I have a few people that seem shady, but I don't have any concrete reasons behind my suspicions, and this makes me really hesitant to assume anything. I'm trying to look at voting trends and the way people are acting, but either I'm oblivious or I just don't know how to play the game correctly. I'm going to still give it a bit before submitting a vote, but honestly, I'm really unsure right now.

I think my gut feeling is Geeklet, but I'm nowhere near 100% on that.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Geeklet

I'm going to go ahead and put my vote in for Seranova

Galactic Druid

Quote from: yugi006 on May 23, 2016, 11:09:49 PM
Even so Guy could have wanted to target Sunshine from the very beginning and so Persephone's conjecture could be true.

It is also noted that Sunshine tends to stay fairly quite in these kinds of games whether or not she is a bad or good guy.

Wait, what? I must have missed something while I was gone. When exactly did I give the impression I was targeting SS?
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Rel Mayer

I'm having a hard time deciding who is on what side, but I do have a question:

Intimate Ink: Do you still think Christa is a Sabbat? I read a really long post in the previous lynching that seemed convincing.

The only person I see being shady as fuck is Remiel.

Galactic Druid

Okay, so I'll be honest with you guys. I fell a page behind everyone because Overwatch came out, and I just now caught up. It looks like I was briefly suspected, but already confirmed otherwise.

Quote from: theLeslie on May 23, 2016, 10:14:47 PM
My vote for Sherriff?  Whose vote wasn't thrown away?  Whose was made with actual information behind it, and not just throwing darts at a name?  The only people who could have made an informed vote was the Sabbat, because only they knew who was on their side.

This has nothing to do with me being new.  Slightly tangential, however the rules state we are not supposed to be bringing up performance in other games in this one, as it leads to a bias.  I played new a couple times, when I was new, but by the end I played confused, not new.  Anyone who isn't confused by 1 night werewolf has my undying respect, as all the role swapping is just.. to much for me.  Thankfully that is not the case in this game, so that is neither here nor there.

I am new at this game, but that only means I have to go look up roles to see what they do, and has very little baring on why I have voted the way I have voted. 

Allow me to explain.

This has been a rough pair of weeks for me, and if I had been asked to join the game yesterday I would have said no, because I've been so busy.  Even over the weekend I had little down time, but that is only why I've been so quiet.  The reason I can not point my finger at someone and say guilty, is because I have no information.  Everyone is pointing fingers at someone, and short of information myself, all I can do is nod, agree with someone else, and instead of "throwing my vote away", just hope for the best.   

I am not very fond of playing against steep odds, and with a random vote there is a much better chance of killing my own, than lynching the dreaded Sword of Caine.  Honestly, I feel like I am playing my role perfectly.  I'm a Caitiff.  I'm quiet, meaningless, scared I'll be killed for no good reason, and in the end I am sure to make one fine scapegoat.  Quite the caitiff indeed. =P

I'm not sure what you all want from me?  The main difference between how I vote, and how everyone else seems to be voting, is I am much more conservative, and not as willingly to just point my finger at people at random.  That's all.  As I see it so far, without anyone's role being revealed, all we are doing is shooting in the dark.  I also understand now, at least, why no role revealing is going on.  It would make the seer an obvious target, which would be bad indeed.  If the seer dies before being able to reveal anything, though, then what a tragedy that is.

Don't pity me because I am confused, and don't show mercy because I am new.  I expect no special treatment, and if I am next on the gallows, then so be it.  But I know my own innocence.

I suspect Mint.  I suspect Sera.  I suspect Rel.  I suspect Guy. 

Honestly, after reading this, I'm a liiiitle bit less suspicious of you, Leslie. I believe you were genuine in all of this, and as someone pointed out, you are still relatively new to mafia, at least on E. I was suspicious early on when you asked for the Seer, but your argument makes sense to me at least. That said...

Quote from: theLeslie on May 23, 2016, 10:26:31 PM
Suspicions are suspicions. *shrug*  Note I didn't vote for him.  This is why I don't like to vote without actually knowing. =P

My main problem with Guy still stems from how hard he was pushing for a random vote, when the odds favored killing cam over killing sabbat.  That still sticks out in my head.  Admittedly, however, my head has been rather fried of late.

That said, I am not recanting on my suspicions.  They still stand.

I push for votes because voting is how we kill the Sabbat. I would rather take a shot in the dark than do nothing at all and let the Sabbat have a free night. Is it risky? Sure. But I'll take a 25+% chance over none at all. Plus, if there's an especially outspoken player during voting, it gives the bodyguard at least an educated guess as who is worth protecting.

Honestly, after catching up, I think yugi and Persephone are the most shady ones here, mostly because they've shown a sudden interest in me in this round, but perse did last minute vote for nobody as well round 2.

Seranova

Quote from: Remiel on May 23, 2016, 11:59:51 PM
I'm going to take a stab in the dark.  I think Seranova is up to no good.

I'm always up to no good. But I'm not sabbat. You're really pushing for that shot in the dark, which isn't helping my suspicions of you. I'm voting Remiel.
Sera's Ons/Off's
Hello darkness, my old friend.
I've come to talk with you again.

theLeslie

Guy, my problem is, what you see as a 25% chance to kill a bad guy, I see as a 75% chance to kill a team mate.  That number does not sit will with me.

Mintprincess

Quote from: theLeslie on May 24, 2016, 11:26:19 AM
Guy, my problem is, what you see as a 25% chance to kill a bad guy, I see as a 75% chance to kill a team mate.  That number does not sit will with me.
What number does? It will always be a higher percentage to lynch a good guy, because once the baddies have majority the game is over.   Having a higher percentage of good guys is a good thing. And only good guys die at night for the most part.

I usually advocate for nobody day one with no info, but by now so much shade is going around you can't keep voting for no one.  And when you do vote you have to be cognizant that even voting nobody is still allowing for someone to be lynched when nobody doesn't have the majority so it's better. (And Less fishy) to make a stand on someone with as much of a solid reason as you can, even if that reason is I don't think the guy in the majorly is evil so I'm voting for some other person.   

Lynching is our tool to root out sabbat.  And that's been explained like 8 times. Even new, these reasons have been given over and over. 

Idk right now.  I'm Watching to see some responses before I decide but for the moment my vote would still go to Leslie, especially if she votes nobody again because that isn't helping.

theLeslie

I'm aware the reasons are repeated.  Because people are repeating their side of the debate, I'm repeating mind. =P  I don't expect anyone to jump on board with me, I am just clarifying.  Either way, I promise not to vote for nobody this time. ^ - ^

Cause I'm not allowed...

Mintprincess

I think you can Day 3. You can't after that.

Galactic Druid

Mint hit the nail on the head. If it's ever 50/50, we've already lost. Like, the game will literally be over if we match in numbers.

theLeslie

Which, to me, seems like the reason why we shouldn't be running the risk of lynching our own.

If we lynch one of our own, and the sabbat recruits one of us, the ratio has slipped by 3 points.  What was 10/4 becomes 8/5, and we slip ever closer to defeat.  At the same time, if we don't lynch one of our own, the ratio has only slipped to 9/5, which I see as the better alternative.  Then again, I'm not math tutor.  Last post from me for a whiles, I am off to work!

yugi006

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on May 24, 2016, 07:08:26 AM
Wait, what? I must have missed something while I was gone. When exactly did I give the impression I was targeting SS?

I didn't say you were exactly but as to what Pesphone was saying earlier if true which isn't now would be the reason to target her.

Quote from: theLeslie on May 24, 2016, 12:21:05 PM
Which, to me, seems like the reason why we shouldn't be running the risk of lynching our own.

If we lynch one of our own, and the sabbat recruits one of us, the ratio has slipped by 3 points.  What was 10/4 becomes 8/5, and we slip ever closer to defeat.  At the same time, if we don't lynch one of our own, the ratio has only slipped to 9/5, which I see as the better alternative.  Then again, I'm not math tutor.  Last post from me for a whiles, I am off to work!

The problem with that is that you are giving free kills for the Sabbat. Voting for someone ensure a chance that we might be able to lynch a Sabbat. Voting for no one drops the percentage to 0 percent so lynching someone is better than lynch no one. Even if we end up lynching one of our own the odds of lynching a Sabbat the next day increase.

I don't want ot have to do this but theLeslie is not helping by voting for nobody.

Intimate Ink

Quote from: Rel Mayer on May 24, 2016, 09:27:10 AM
I'm having a hard time deciding who is on what side, but I do have a question:

Intimate Ink: Do you still think Christa is a Sabbat? I read a really long post in the previous lynching that seemed convincing.

The only person I see being shady as fuck is Remiel.

I realize it's an unsatisfying answer, but I'm wholly undecided on Christa.  Since most of my suspicions against her are behavior based, I admit that her unchallenged case that this was her first board mafia game gave me some pause.

The behavior I mentioned earlier is still... questionable... but with only one vote for day and a lot of very shady acts going around, I'm trying to figure out in my mind whose explanation for the shade is most absent or questionable.

Since there was more than a bit of insinuation that she had a special role yesterday, my guess is that if the Sabbat attacked last night and were deflected, it probably was her.  If she is innocent, she seems like the logical target in my mind, as I stated in my original accusations.  I'll be the first to point out that is a series of 'if statements', though.  :/

Given that she could not have been both protected AND Remiel turned, I'm inclined to believe in the innocence of one and the guilt of the other.  I'm just conflicted at the moment in saying which is which.

EDIT:  Fixed links.

Geeklet

Leslie, just so you know, this isn't like One Night, where we have one round to figure things out, and by the end, hope to get at least one of the wolves to win. Since this is a multi-round thing, we have to eliminate ALL the badguys. Sadly, in order to do that, we have to take some shots in the dark and try to lynch people, since we have no other way of killing the bad guys. Good guys will die. That is the sad truth. But we need to not let their death be in vain. Learn who voted for them, who advocated for their death, and it will help point us towards the bad guys. If we do nothing, the bad guys, who know who each other are, and can plot and scheme in private, can pick us off one by one. I know you don't want to lynch a good guy. None of us do (except those evil Sabbat). But we have to at least try to get SOMEONE before the numbers turn against us.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Intimate Ink on May 24, 2016, 12:37:00 PM
I realize it's an unsatisfying answer, but I'm wholly undecided on Christa.  Since most of my suspicions against her are behavior based, I admit that her unchallenged case that this was her first board mafia game gave me some pause.

The behavior I mentioned earlier is still... questionable... but with only one vote for day and a lot of very shady acts going around, I'm trying to figure out in my mind whose explanation for the shade is most absent or questionable.

Since there was more than a bit of insinuation that she had a special role yesterday, my guess is that if the Sabbat attacked last night and were deflected, it probably was her.  If she is innocent, she seems like the logical target in my mind, as I stated in my original accusations.  I'll be the first to point out that is a series of 'if statements', though.  :/

Given that she could not have been both protected AND Remiel turned, I'm inclined to believe in the innocence of one and the guilt of the other.  I'm just conflicted at the moment in saying which is which.

EDIT:  Fixed links.

Alright. I think I'm following you. I was a bit suspicious before, but I think you're sitting in the same boat as I am. It's a lot of 'ifs' but nothing solid and for sure. At this point (it may change) I'm not very suspicious of Seranova. He's stayed pretty standard and his behavior hasn't changed to adapt. I also sadly think that Andy was on my team, so... it's unfortunate to lose him.

I'm tied between voting between Remiel and theLeslie. I'm voting Remiel.

AmberStarfire

There are a few people I could vote for but I think I'm going to vote for Yugi this time. Sorry, my friend.

Clio

I can't promise that my vote won't change if more info comes out, but for now, I'm going to vote for Geeklet.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Blythe

Current Votes

3 - TheLeslie (ThatRPGuy, Madame Professor, yugi006)
2 - Seranova (Remiel, Geeklet)
2 - Remiel (Seranova, Rel Mayer)
1 - yugi006 (AmberStarfire)
1 - Geeklet (Christa)

Yet to Vote
persephone325, Intimate Ink, Mintprincess, theLeslie,

(Make sure to bold your votes so I can see them! If I've missed your vote, poke me in PMs with a link to where you voted! And please remember the deadline is  Tuesday, May 24 at 8 p.m. US Central Time. You can change your vote any time before then, but after that time, no changes will be accepted. If you have not voted by then, I will tally whatever votes I have and determine what action is taken.)

Galactic Druid

I'm actually going to change to yugi. You've been unusually quiet this game, aside from trying to pin me, likely so you don't have to night kill me and have it 100% confirmed I'm the lycan.

Plus, after seeing the discussion, I'm really beginning to think Leslie really was just trying to play this as One Night, which honestly does a lot to explain her actions. It's either that, or she's a master at playing me.

Blythe

Current Votes

2 - TheLeslie (Madame Professor, yugi006)
2 - Seranova (Remiel, Geeklet)
2 - Remiel (Seranova, Rel Mayer)
2 - yugi006 (ThatRPGuy, AmberStarfire)
1 - Geeklet (Christa)

Yet to Vote
persephone325, Intimate Ink, Mintprincess, theLeslie,

One and a half hours until voting is closed!

Madame Professor

Okay, after catching up... I'm also gonna change my vote to Yugi as well.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.