Exalted 2.5-Infernals

Started by Empyrean, May 13, 2015, 02:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Empyrean

So a question for our ST. Would you rule that the Pectoral of Resplendent Speeches and Tongue of the Serpent Prince are stacking the same stat or not? Similarly, would you rule that the Jewel of the Lawgiver's Authority and the Jewel of the Desert Bodhisattva are stacking the same stat or are they applied to different stats?

Based on the response I'll edit the sheet. I might need to edit some of the equipment anyway.

Rajah

Jewel of Lawgiver's Authority stacks with all three of the other items.

Tongue of the Serpent Prince, Jewel of the Desert Bodhisattva, and Pectoral of Resplendent Speeches all add dice to social rolls. They probably won't/shouldn't combine those dice ever, but it's worth noting that they activate in different situations. If you're making a speech to convert others to a religion, you only get the Pectoral bonus, but if you're one-on-one with someone doing that the Pectoral wouldn't apply so you get the Jewel's bonus.

However, their subsidiary powers - UMI, faster Intimacy generation, area-of-effect voice cancellation - do all combine.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

RSGAlex

That was a better thought out and explained version of what I was going to say. And definitely faster as Rajah doesn't seem to have been distracted by the new Triple Crown winner.
Signature Recreation Pending....

Downloading Drivers 1 of @*.

Please wait warmly.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: RSGAlex on June 07, 2015, 06:51:06 AM
That was a better thought out and explained version of what I was going to say. And definitely faster as Rajah doesn't seem to have been distracted by the new Triple Crown winner.

Any comments on my allies? I sort linked/posted them for approval.

ravinwulf

Apolgies on the delay, i am finishing my character as fast as i can, but i also have a busy job.

Empyrean

Thanks for the help Rajah. I reworked her attributes and backgrounds to reflect that, and added a Infinite Resplendence Amulet.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Attributes
Strength:           2   Charisma:          3    Intelligence:       4
Dexterity:          2   Manipulation:     5    Wits:                3
Stamina:           3    Appearance:       4     Perception:         4

Abilities

Martial Arts: 5 (favored)
Integrity: 5 (Caste)
Performance: 4 (Caste)
Resistance: 3 (Caste)
Presence: 4 (Caste)
Socialize: 4 (Favored)
Lore: 4 (Favored)
Occult: 4 (Favored)
Awareness: 2
Larceny: 3

Specialties: Bureaucracy (Corruption) +1
                  Presence (Persuasion) +3
                  Socialize (Courtly Intrigue) +1
                  Socialize (Seduction) +2

BP: 25/25
XP: 175/175
Backgrounds: Past Life (Amyana of Luthe): 4, Spies: 3, Savant: 2, Wings of the Raptor (Tainted Blue Jade): 4, Chrysogona Demon Ink Tattoo: 3, Infinite Resplendence Amulet (Tainted Orichalcum and Moonsilver): 4, Tongue of the Serpent Prince: 3, Infamy: 2, Cult (Cecelyne): 2, Influence (Cecelyne): 2, Backing (Cecelyne): 2, Cult: 3, Resources: 4, Followers: 4, Manse (HS: Stone of Loyalty): 5, Manse: HS: Jewel of the Desert Boddhisatva: 3, Tainted Orichalcum Discreet Essence Armor: 2, Key to the Infernal Gates: 2 (functions in any keyhole at any time but opens on the Endless Desert), Tainted Orichalcum Hearthstone Amulet: 1, Manse: HS: Jewel of the Lawgiver's Authority: 2, Pectoral of Resplendent Speeches (Tainted Orichalcum and Blue Jade): 3

Charms: Hardened Devil Body (x3), First Cecelyne Excellency (x3), Second Cecelyne Excellency, Sorcerous Initiation of Cecelyne, Loom-Snarling Deception, Eldritch Secrets Mastery, Open Palm Caress, Torn Lotus Defense, Flexing the Emerald Claw, Black Claw Form, Transcendent Desert Creature, Locust Mana Plague, Verdant Emptiness Endowment, Draught of Sweet Infinity, Demonic Primacy of Essence, Penitents like Scattered Grains

Sorcery: Slave-Spawn Summons

Essence: 3

Compassion: 1
Conviction: 4
Temperance: 3
Valor: 2

WP: 5

Peripherial Essence Pool: 14
Personal Essence Pool: 36
Committed Essence: 17

RSGAlex

Other than wanting to make a joke about LSD, and asking if the rest of the group is okay with Whitefeather's flaw, they look okay Zaer.

Please wait warmly.

Zaer Darkwail

What joke it would be :P. Anycase yeah, flaw with Whitefeather may be entirely negated by sheer amount of shape shifting abilities she has. But her flaw could be that wyld hunts (or Immaculate monks) somehow regularly appear where she is (sort of karmic intervention controlled by ST; squad may be there but they may haven't spotted her yet).

ExisD

I'm fine with White Feather's flaw. It would get us into interesting conflicts if nothing else.

Empyrean

OOC I see no problem with it. It'll be good for stories. :)

IC, Chihiro would be concerned, if only because getting made by the Wyld Hunt could be a problem for her and for them as a whole.

Re Z L

Sounds fine to me too  :)

Working on a flaw of my own as well, off and on, might have it finished today
A&A

Rajah

Re Z L

Quote from: Rajah on June 08, 2015, 05:43:57 PM
(no complaints)

Sheet for Ksulune.

We'll have to get you Hungry Ghost style sometime  ;D
A&A

Rajah

I like Hungry Ghost Style, but it can't be used in armor and demands claws (or chains or a razor harness, but why) and I really wanted a knight aesthetic for his human form. I spent a lot of time debating between sword-and-shield or big sword, and went with the latter because it adds a little barbarian vibe to the whole imitation-of-nobility thing.

I do have Essence sight from the visor (I spent so long looking for a cheap artifact for seeing dematerialized stuff, I knew there had to be one somewhere - Scroll of Fallen Races, of all places) and Insatiable Eucharist Appetite for eating ghosts. And there's Hungry Harvest and Sacred Kamilla's Inhalation for branching undead-affecting effects off from.

Re Z L

Makes sense--and yes while it does fit some of your thematics it doesn't sound like it meshes too well with what you have in mind.

Unfortunately Martial Arts tend to dominate a character due to how they're built once you start learning them, which can be good or bad I suppose.
A&A

RSGAlex

Quote from: Rajah on June 08, 2015, 06:50:00 PM
I like Hungry Ghost Style, but it can't be used in armor and demands claws (or chains or a razor harness, but why) and I really wanted a knight aesthetic for his human form. I spent a lot of time debating between sword-and-shield or big sword, and went with the latter because it adds a little barbarian vibe to the whole imitation-of-nobility thing.

I do have Essence sight from the visor (I spent so long looking for a cheap artifact for seeing dematerialized stuff, I knew there had to be one somewhere - Scroll of Fallen Races, of all places) and Insatiable Eucharist Appetite for eating ghosts. And there's Hungry Harvest and Sacred Kamilla's Inhalation for branching undead-affecting effects off from.

Looks nice and interesting. Also I want to say that there's one spirit sight artifact in Glories: Maidens, which I'll double check right now. If you see an edit soon after, that means I was wrong or just wanted to give more detail.

EDIT: Yeah, AESS and Measure the Wind are what it gives for 5m committed. Measure the Wind is free, but an only be used on those that speak to you. Also if the blindfold's taken  off for any reason it needs to be readjusted to again.

Please wait warmly.

Zaer Darkwail

When we open potential OOC thread for this and charsheet section?

RSGAlex

When I finish making the first post in ... Extreme was it, right? :p

It's here and in the right place, IIRC.

Please wait warmly.

RSGAlex

I'll wait one more day before starting up if anyone wants to make last minute pitches, changes, et al.

Please wait warmly.