Bleach besm game interest check

Started by Saikotsu, January 31, 2012, 03:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmpuncle

so I'm going to be taking the substitute soul reaper path, starting off as a regular guy with the ability to see spirit beings.  He doesn't necessarily go out of his way to help spirits, though but if one is in trouble he can't sit idly by.

His shikai and bankai will basically be based off my original concept sword, The Flare Sword.  The zanpaktou's name itself is Furea, in shikai the blade turns red and orange and becomes more like a broadsword than a katana, it also becomes extremely hot and therefore slices through anything much easier, in bankai it's full name is Furea Ken, the sword bcomes it's full fledged state: http://cmpuncle.deviantart.com/#/d28pso1 and the sword becomes as hot as magma while remaining solid, it's user gains two abilities in this state, 1) a massive explosion of heat that covers a wide radius around him, and 2) can teleport an enemy to an alternate dimension where they are caught in a massive non-elemental explosion, extremely dangerous and often fatal.
"Why So Serious?" Heath Ledger-The Joker-The Dark Knight
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight
"I'm not supposed to lose!" Setzer-Kingdom Hearts 2

Saikotsu

You know, I was actually thinking 40 was a bit low. I used to do a lot of D20 BESM games, where 100 points could make a relatively epic starting character. In 3RD edition, 100 points nets you a lot less because of the higher costs. Anyway, since we're mixing 3rd and freeform, 100 is a much more reasonable low end character, you're right. Go ahead and up the points to 100 then.  Anyway guys, I like how things look, though I have a few things I'd like some of you to change.  I'll pm you the details. Also, I posted an official character thread for everyone. 

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131254.0

I realize this may seem a bit unorthodox mixing a system with a freeform game, but the books even say, "these rules are just guidelines."  If you have any concerns though, now would be the time to voice them.
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

cmpuncle

eh I'm gonna stick with the 40 points, since I'm starting off as a human, not really trained in any particular way, yet.
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight

Saikotsu

Quote from: Les Man on February 04, 2012, 07:18:04 PM
By the way, that sounds pretty cool to me, Wheresmycow.

Question though: are the points you're talking about in any way related to the "Battle Stats" I've seen for some chars?
if you're talking about the bleach wiki, then probably not. I'm more referencing the besm manual. You needn't worry though, based on how you've described your character, I have a general idea of what any attributes you could get would be at, so no need to worry.
- a friend
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

Bloody Rose

I am interested as well, I would really love to rp. What do you need the most?

Wheresmycow

Am I reading something wrong?  Because I looking at the 3rd edition book, it's 10 points an attribute right?  And they all start at 0 correct?  Because if 4 is the human average, it's going to be tough to bring up decent.  I don't want to be neat-picky or critical, I just want to make sure I'm not using the wrong material.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Saikotsu

@ where's my cow.
AH, I think I know what's happening.  Yes, each attribute, Mind, Body, Soul costs 10 points to raise normally. You see, I'm so used to how my friends do it that I forgot the book has a slightly different system.  Basically, under the system I'm used to, DURING CHARACTER CREATION,  Mind, Body, and Soul only cost 1 point per level. Usually we allocate 20 points solely for those attributes (so with 100 cp given to start with, 20 would go to M/B/S and 80 would go to attributes, with a max starting value of 8).  Afterwards, say you've leveled up a few times and have points to burn, you have to spend 10 CP to raise that attribute by 1 point.  Anything beyond 8 costs double the previous amount (20-40-80-160) Other attributes have a different cost. For instance, each rank of tough only costs 2 CP, but extra actions costs a whopping 15. sorry for the confusion.

@Zarazel:
hey, I remember you. Welcome aboard.  You can be a soul reaper or a human with a special power. A player has already asked if they can be a fullbringer and I've already said no.
- a friend

Bloody Rose

100 character creation? I am going for a human with special powers

Wheresmycow

Quote from: Saikotsu on February 04, 2012, 11:44:59 PM
@ where's my cow.
AH, I think I know what's happening.  Yes, each attribute, Mind, Body, Soul costs 10 points to raise normally. You see, I'm so used to how my friends do it that I forgot the book has a slightly different system.  Basically, under the system I'm used to, DURING CHARACTER CREATION,  Mind, Body, and Soul only cost 1 point per level. Usually we allocate 20 points solely for those attributes (so with 100 cp given to start with, 20 would go to M/B/S and 80 would go to attributes, with a max starting value of 8).  Afterwards, say you've leveled up a few times and have points to burn, you have to spend 10 CP to raise that attribute by 1 point.  Anything beyond 8 costs double the previous amount (20-40-80-160) Other attributes have a different cost. For instance, each rank of tough only costs 2 CP, but extra actions costs a whopping 15. sorry for the confusion.

@Zarazel:
hey, I remember you. Welcome aboard.  You can be a soul reaper or a human with a special power. A player has already asked if they can be a fullbringer and I've already said no.
Ah, that makes a lot of sense now.  Okay, I know what I'm doing now.  Thanks for clarifying.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Saikotsu

yup 100 points.  and awesome. I look forward to seeing everyone's characters.
So let's see, we've got a Quincy, a substitute soul reaper, two people with powers, and one shinigami.  I really like how the balance of this party is turning out.  Come to think of it, Rukia, Ichigo, Chad, Orihime, and Uryuu....wow. We just recreated the bleach party.
- a friend

Les Man

^  LOL, that's totally awesome.

Also, here's a neat little thing I found one day, a Bleach-font Logo Generator.  I used it to make the top of my CS-doc I have fancy.  Ha
"I will give you the world..." The Pen That Is Mightier: D'autre Personnes Vit (Likes & Dislikes)
Le Ons & Offs pour Les Man.
Just a taste: The Philosopher and the Stone (Writing Sample)

Saikotsu

oops. spoke too soon. I've got a player character I'll be playing as well. Make that 2 shinigami. 
- a friend

Wheresmycow

My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Bloody Rose

outch it will give me almost no points for the rest of the stuff. Each stat will be a ten point per stat.  So even if I guy 4 which is the teen standard for each one I will still need to get defects in order to even complete the point

4 For Body =40 points
4 for mind =40 points
4 for soul =40 points
Total of 120 points.

I cannot see how people put seven and eight on the stats X-X

Wheresmycow

I was the same way.  There's a house rule where at character creation, those attributes only cost 1 point each, up to a max of 8, though you can only spend a max of 20 points on them.  After character creation, it's back to 10 points per, except if you're going past 8, where the points double up each increase.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

cmpuncle

In my case Zarazel, I kinda ignored using my points on Body, Mind and Soul.  At first it was just to make it simple, but it also worked because I'm starting off as a human, so it only makes sense that starting off I really wouldn't have that much going for me, until I become a sustitute reaper, now I'd say you could take that path if you felt it fit your character, otherwise it's pretty much exactly like wheresmycow said, 1 point per , B,M,S point, the only time they are 10 per point is later on if you get some more points to use and you have some you just don't know what to do with then you can put them into your stats, again at the price of 10 per 1.

Saikotsu

thanks for explaining guys. As they said, that's pretty much the system I've got here.  I've got a few NPC's I want to post, but I'm almost ready to start once everyone has their character up.
- a friend

Bloody Rose

so the stats are a point each and the rest of the stuff are bought as the book costs?.

cmpuncle

Saikotsu

Pretty much. But only at character creation. Afterwards stats cost the normal amount.
- a friend

Bloody Rose

Name: Kiro Lonestar
Description or Picture:
Background:

(However much younger and without the face painted)
Class (Shinigami/ Quincy/ Human with powers/etc.): Human with powers
Zanpakuto/Power name: Kokoro no chikara (Power of Mind)
Decription of abilities:

Bodihānesu- Kiro its able to focus the strength of his mind into his arms or legs increasing their damage output. (Superstrenght lv 4) (+4 Damage multiplier of unarmed attacks)(-1 Detectable: His arms or legs are engulfed in a purple mist)

Combat Technique: Brutal (lv 4) (Add +4 to base damage)

Gekido- Kiro it's able to enhance his own strength by a amount. However doing so render him unable to stop attacking until the target disappears from his view or the target its dead. (Enhanced Stat [Body] lv 2) (Emotional -4: Only activated when a loved one its severely injured, near death)

Six Sense lv 3- Riatzu, Able to see Hollows, Able to see shinigamy

Features: Intimidating, Tall, Strong, Misunderstood

Heightened Awareness lv 1- Riatzu.

Unknown Power: Points allocated here 18

*Body: 8
*Mind: 6
*Soul: 5
(you are encouraged to NOT put 8's for all your values.  Be realistic, no one is perfect. In general, your total for Body, mind, and Soul should not be greater than 20. )
HP: 65
Reiatsu (MP): 55

cmpuncle

don't forget to put him in the character thread

Bloody Rose

First I kinda want to see if he is approved :)

Les Man

So... I know it's only been a few days and I don't mean to rush anybody, but... I'm curious as to when we plan on starting?  A very vague ballpark-figure would satisfy me, lol.

By the way, it looks like an interesting group of characters, and I think the diversity of the players' choices is going to be quite benefit to the game in general.

So side-question: what kinds of dice-rolls should I be expecting during combat and stuff?  1d6, 3d10, 2d20?  heh, variable?
"I will give you the world..." The Pen That Is Mightier: D'autre Personnes Vit (Likes & Dislikes)
Le Ons & Offs pour Les Man.
Just a taste: The Philosopher and the Stone (Writing Sample)

cmpuncle

normally in Saikos rps we simply use 1d20 to see if actions are successful and then damage is determined by another roll of whatever your particular damage die is.  I'm sure he'll get things going as soon as he isn't busy, he tends to get closing followed by opening shifts a lot which pretty much cuts him off from being online until the late evening so it shouldn't be too much longer, probably before the week is out.