The Brakebills Academy Preliminary Entrance Exam

Started by moxie, September 16, 2014, 12:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moxie

I'm a fan of the novel The Magicians (and their sequels) by Lev Grossman. I'm considering doing some roleplays on certain aspects of the  book's universe. Though, if you read the novels, certain aspects may go beyond PG-13.

I'm doing this roleplay as an opportunity to pass time for my user approval application. I'm new to roleplay, so to keep things simple, I'd like to roleplay the The Brakebills Academy Preliminary Entrance Exam.

Note that this roleplay may be limited to those who have read the book, particularly the first few chapters.

To avoid too much spoilers, if you recall, the Preliminary Entrance Exam is assumed to be unique to each student. I figured that by roleplaying this, we can come up with certain magic being done.

I'd love to hear any interest in this.

NenaShadowslayer

((I haven't read the books, but may I role play with you?Please?))
I am like the Wind, playful and unyielding. I am like the Fire, Strong and swift. I am like the Water, calm and gentle when needed and ruffe and stubborn, also when needed. I am like the Earth, Wise ans quit, always observing, yet never intervening. I am Light, smiling at all I cross. I am Dark, able to destroy all who anger me. I am shadow, a mask that betrays nothing. I am a Magi, Daughter and servant to the moon. I heal the wounded, I protect the weak, I defend my family and friends. I am the daughter of Earth, the mother of everyone. I am daughter to the sun, who bore all man kind. I am friend to the wind, who is always caring. I am servant to Bast, Goddess of cats, and most importantly, I am the servant of Isis, Goddess of Magic, Wife of Osiris, Queen of the dead.

moxie

Quote from: NenaShadowslayer on September 17, 2014, 06:54:07 PM
((I haven't read the books, but may I role play with you?Please?))

Sorry, the roleplay I have in mind is more canon. You'll likely need to read the book.

If you really want to roleplay, your homework is just the first few chapters of the novel.  XD