News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Has anyone played any good video games lately?

Started by Music is life, July 20, 2013, 06:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

GTA V.  Because, frankly, it's probably be more mature.

I won't be getting it, because I've never liked the series, I've heard it's been pretty good and each game gets better as Rockstar makes them.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Inkidu

I'd probably go with GTAV. I'm betting it has a lot more diverse gameplay.

Saints Row 4 is quickly becoming a slog for me. It's side missions are just sandbox events you could do on your own. In fact, if you wanted to cut down on travel time just do them all out there. :P
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Atarn

Shadowrun Returns; even with a horrible save game system and some bugs it's the second best game I've played this year. (The first being Dust: Elysian Tail)
A sudden storm in
    summer, the brightest
    star at night; an
    opportunist rogue,
    confessor of sins
    a master of hearts
    a dominant lover

alextaylor

Card Hunter just opened today. It's a dungeon romp style game where you use cards for your attacks. Anyone who loves roguelikes and card games should enjoy this one.

Instead of having to sort through 200+ cards by yourself, you have to choose between equipment and skills, which come attached to 4 or so cards. So while you still have the fun of building a deck, it's a lot faster.

E.g. an axe might give a few slash cards (multiple attacks card), a sword might give some high damage attack cards, a spear might allow attacks at longer range and have more armor piercing cards. Boots give you movement cards. Shields give you cards that absorb damage. You can pick between, say, a shield that absorbs a lot of damage but is unreliable or a shield that absorbs little damage but functions nearly 100% of the time.

http://www.cardhunter.com/
O/O

Shjade

This is...surprisingly nifty so far. Thanks Alex. =D
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

GarthMarenghi

A game called "The Cat Lady", didn't really expect much from it at first but it's really drawn me in and quite unique/interesting.
Not for the easily disturbed though, has some pretty strange things in it like a psycho that recreates famous art using dead bodies and wires..

You basically play as a woman that only has cats for friends and been through so much that she commited suicide, but some old woman decides to give her a second chance at life and grants her immortality until she's able to rid the world of a bunch of evil people from her life. It's very dark, gritty and deals with a lot of serious issues but the gameplay is very adventure game like and the visuals fit well.

I should also mention that there's lot's of different choices and ways to finish certain sections, from taking different doors/not saving people/building alternative things, and the dialogue choices are all very unique and change how her story plays for instance you can choose how her mother treated her as a child, and her father and what option you pick shows you the story of how she was treated and effects certain outcomes so there's plenty of replayability.

It's not a game for those that love action/fast paced games though, it's a very slow burner and you'll have to sit and listen to a lot of conversations and scenes but if you don't mind that stuff then it's a great game.
We use maths at almost every point of the day, whether we're working out how to thread our shoelaces,
calculating the optimal moment on which to embark upon a conversation, or, if you can fly, planning your trajectory for the journey to work.

Inkidu

Card Hunter looks like it might be fun, and it doesn't look like it'd be too rough on my particular internet situation.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Shjade

One black mark on Card Hunter's gameplay, though it should come as no surprise considering the context: holy RNG, Batman.

Very frustrating to be stuck on one guy because he keeps parrying, drawing a parry, parrying, drawing a parry... Oh, and of course all his attacks are going through fine because YOUR blocks and armor never feel like rolling high. -.-
◕/◕'s

Inkidu

Quote from: Shjade on September 12, 2013, 07:21:50 PM
One black mark on Card Hunter's gameplay, though it should come as no surprise considering the context: holy RNG, Batman.

Very frustrating to be stuck on one guy because he keeps parrying, drawing a parry, parrying, drawing a parry... Oh, and of course all his attacks are going through fine because YOUR blocks and armor never feel like rolling high. -.-
All hail the random number god. He is an old god. One of many rules and no mercy. :)

Cowboy

The Last of Us, Madden 25, Diablo 3  >:), and I just started Persona 4 Arena. Amazing game.

Also, I picked up Kingdom Hearts 1.5 today and it's amazing. It has Kingdom Hearts Final Cut (first time it's been released in the US) in HD, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, and all the cut scenes from the Kingdom Hearts PSP game I can't remember the name of. Playing through all the Kingdom Hearts games again before 3 comes out

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Cowboy on September 12, 2013, 10:51:15 PM
The Last of Us, Madden 25, Diablo 3  >:), and I just started Persona 4 Arena. Amazing game.

Also, I picked up Kingdom Hearts 1.5 today and it's amazing. It has Kingdom Hearts Final Cut (first time it's been released in the US) in HD, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, and all the cut scenes from the Kingdom Hearts PSP game I can't remember the name of. Playing through all the Kingdom Hearts games again before 3 comes out

The cut scenes are from the DS game.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Koren

If people like that old school feel there are endless TRLE (Tomb Raider Level Editor) Custom levels out there for people to download for free and play

Chris Brady

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

E1Alpha

I've been on a Mass Effect spree myself o.o

Been a long time since I felt emotionally attached to virtual characters D: Damn those moral choices!

Sel Nar

Inkidu

I keep hoping for a Steam release because that one is a bitch to get running. I couldn't even get it up on XP with the Windows version.

Rhedyn

SinXAzgard21

Chris Brady

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on September 16, 2013, 12:55:00 PM
That's the one, wasn't very good either.
Which, I gather (and I may be wrong, but this is what the various comments and interviews gave the impression of), is the reason that they turned the game into a 3 hour movie for this.

I'll have to pick it up some day.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chris Brady on September 16, 2013, 04:22:43 PM
Which, I gather (and I may be wrong, but this is what the various comments and interviews gave the impression of), is the reason that they turned the game into a 3 hour movie for this.

I'll have to pick it up some day.

Pretty much.  Pick it up used.

makizushi

GTA V.

Hands down, best game I have ever played.

Chris Brady

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

This is like all the bad, sci-fi action movies of the 80's ganged up and came to life.  I love it.

Formless

Guess November will be my time to post here. ;D

Sex Bobomb

Played an indie title called To The Moon a little while back. It was under 4 hours long but had far more of an emotional impact that I'd care to admit. The music was gorgeous and the story was interesting and moving. I highly recommend it.

Shjade

Y'know, I've had To The Moon installed for months and still haven't started it (adventure games not really my thing most of the time). I really should get to it one of these days.
◕/◕'s