The Dungeon of Fabulous Treasures-open role play

Started by Verasaille, October 12, 2014, 12:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verasaille

(OOC- roll a 1d6 Remiel and see if you can get a hit on the poor bugbear. He only has 4 hit points left. Fistar-(Tiefling) the carrion crawler is almost on top of you. Roll a 1d6 dice and see if you get away. Lucifer, roll to see if your hypnotize spell will work on your choice of target, bugbear, tiefling, or carrion crawler.))
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Remiel

Roll Result: Lucky Hipweed rolled: 1d6
Comment: naughty Bugbear
Result: 6,
Total: 6

Fistar

(18:25:08) Elliquiy: Fistar rolls 1d6 and gets 4.
Roll Result: Tilos Serpit rolled: 1d6
Comment: Carrion Crawler  if I escape it !
Result: 4,
Total: 4

Verasaille

Lucky for the kender, and his name pans out. The bug bear is now dead. The carrion crawler is looking for food. The Tiefling almost gets away, as the carrion crawler lunges forward and lands on top of the Tiefling as he heads right for the bugbear.

The Tiefling is now under the large worm, getting throughly slimed. Good thing for him the Carrion crawler prefers dead meat and the bug bear is consumed. But he is still hungry and sniffs around.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

LuciferOs

Roll Result: LuciferOs rolled: 1d6
Comment: hypnotizing ...
Result: 1,
Total: 1
-----

The sorceress has prepared the spell to be targeted at the bugbear but before the spell reached its critical phase a few things changed. Somehow the kender had overcome the bug-bear. That was impressive for a person mainly governed by wondering and stealing others goods.

The elf smiled to herself and was secretly proud of Lucky, and glad she had made the effort to befriend the likeable chap.

Whatever the other form was didnt seem to be having luck of its own at the moment. Worse fates existed yes, but being slimed to death by a carrion crawler wasn't the dream that many had.

Still the hypnotise spell was active and Laura ended it in a hurry to re-direct its intended target to the carrion crawler. She wasnt hopeful, changing the target mid-casting was never a good idea, and she wasnt sure how well hypnotise would work on a creature so alien, it may even drive her insane, such was the danger of spellcraft. Still it was the best thing she could think of at the moment.

With any luck they would have one of these creatures working for them, something to send out in frount and trigger traps and the likes in such a dangerous place would be very welcome. So would someone handy with a sword on their side for that matter, but beggars cant be choosers.
That's right ! Lucifer is a woman !
Active threads
See my role play preferences (underneath my picture) for my ons and offs

Verasaille

The spell to hypnotize was not very strong and the carrion crawler shook its head and turned around, looking for something under him. He knew it was there somewhere. Of course the Tiefling could attack him as the carrion crawler was slightly disoriented.

The bug bear left behind his short spear, as it was not flesh. Anyone can pick it up if they need it. About five feet long and tipped with a shaped stone spearhead tied to the end.
------------------

"You dumb carrion crawler! Eat the intruders!!" Haolink was yelling very loudly.

Deep in the lower caverns the earth rumbled as the dragon chuckled. He was watching everything with his crystal ball. "At least they are entertaining!"

Fistar

(21:59:00) Elliquiy: Fistar rolls 1d6 and gets 6.
Roll Result: Tilos rolled: 1d6
Comment: Firestrike ((could be burning hands more like it ))
Result: 6,
Total: 6

Slimed!!!   I did not sign up for this!   Oh for Empedocles’ sake,  I could use a drink,  Tilos thought.  He could just feel the slime travel up his nostrils,  it was very unpleasant and the weight of the beast, was almost suffocating.   He felt a rage build within him, he did not like being stuck under the creature and he felt a burning desire to, absolutely burn.   In his mind he pictured his hands as burning flames then released the power through his hand upwards into the carrion crawler.

Verasaille

In his current wormlike form, the carrion crawler was very tough against most things, swords tended to get stuck in his hide, most spells bounced off of him. But Fire was another matter! The putrid flesh of the carrion crawler started crackling with flame and the smell was horrific! For a creature this large it was surprising how fast it could move! leaving a burning slime trail behind he kept going off down the tunnel back to the beginning of the caverns and disappeared into the kender sized hole. There was a vague splash and he was gone.

Haolink was beside himself! Tearing out his yellow green hair, he started pushing more buttons and screaming obscenities. Of course none of the buttons actually did anything, but it made him feel better. Now all he needed was for the adventurers to find the doorway that lead to the next level! It's there somewhere, hiding perhaps, as doors often do.

Remiel

"Hey LADY!"  called the Kender from further down the tunnel.  "Are you coming?"

He liked Laura Descia; the elf sorceress seemed nice, and Lucky would feel bad if she got hurt.   Plus, she had given him a very nice magical pouch, which was worth far more than the gem he had put into it in his opinion.  Lucky felt somewhat obliged to her for that. 

He hadn't really made up his mind on the tiefling yet, as he had only seen him briefly in passing.   Perhaps the bugbear was eating him, for all he knew.  Bugbears liked to eat people, and that's why Lucky didn't like them.

Fistar

The stench of burning slime was almost overpowering, as being directly underneath and involved in burning of the carrion crawler, he got the full force of the stench.   Tilos got up on to his hands and knees and commenced to heave up what little content he had in his stomach, over the remains of the bugbear that the crawler had left.  He glanced down the cave after wiping his mouth with the back of his hand noting the small figure and the tall one in the back.   He still didn’t know what to make of them, and it looks like that it was up to him to somehow defeat them and bring whatever treasure that they have back to the dragon.   Really,  he was spent and still recuperating from the night of drinking,  if he appeared meek and played along with them and if they accept him as a fellow adventurer, he may be able to stir them to their demise as along as that damn goblin doesn't interfere.    As he thought on it,  he knew that wouldn't be the case. 

Verasaille

(OOC I am hoping for a response from Lucifer, but I won't keep you all waiting. The door to the next level is hiding, literally in one of the other openings. The time to move to the next level is now. I will give you some indication of what the other tunnels look like.))

The entrance of the cave was a ways back. There were seven doors and the adventurers had explored one. Two were rather small, on the far left of the main entrance. One rat sized, the next kender sized, (where the carrion crawler had disappeared) and the third was a bit bigger. There was total darkness down that way, and the tunnel sloped down for a good ways, maybe fifty feet, before it turned to the right.

The fourth tunnel was the one they were in now. The fifth tunnel was tall and wide in the first twenty feet , then narrowed down and got a bit smaller. But it was still a good six feet in height. It sloped upwards for about thirty feet after that and then turned to the right.

The sixth tunnel was shorter in length, about ten feet tall and narrow. There appeared to be a hole at the end of a narrow passageway. It was also very dark. How deep the hole was could not be seen from the entrance.

The seventh tunnel was interesting to say the least, for it sloped upwards at a very steep rate, at an angle of such a degree that you could not see past the first twenty feet. It had a very soft blue glow coming from the end and smelled odd, like a tang of burning metal.

Fistar

(( OOC I'll wait for LuciferOs a bit longer,  I'm in no hurry it is the holiday season ))

LuciferOs

"Im comming Lucky !" The elf sorceress replied after sighing thinking about her failed spells. Not much of a spell caster if the spells dont work. Still they were alive and more or less unharmed.

The mysterious figure turned out to be a tiefling recovering from being gooped by the carrion crawler.

"Well it seems we have company Lucky" Laura observed. "An enemy of my enemy is my friend" The sorceress nodded slowly, and offered a smile "Care to join us, perhaps company in this place can make the fairing easier on us all?"

"What do you say lucky ? Shall we extend our hand to this poor theifling ? He does look like he could do with a friend or two". Laura then looked to the theifling hoping the offer would be accepted "Im Laura Decisa, a Sorceress and this is my brave, intrepid and resourceful comrade Lucky, do you have a suggestion on which way we should go ?"

Active threads

Fistar

Tilos looked at the offered hand, obvious surprised on his face, most people he had met had shunned him, something of his demonic appearance at times scare them,  but he noted the hand and then the female.  Laura…   and  he glanced at the kender,  Lucky,  alright  this seems to be easier they accept him easily enough. 

He wiped his soot grimy hands on his long kilt and then took Laura’s.  Her hand seem cool to the touch, as he knew his would be much warmer than hers.  He smiled, trying to not show is fanged teeth,  “Pleased to meet you, Laura, I am called Tilos”    he tilted his head a moment to the side and eyed the Kender  then at the remains on the ground, “Sorry about the mess it seems that things got out of hand. “

Remiel

Lucky comes back along the tunnel. He looks Tilos up and down.  A tiefling, Lucky hasn't had much experience with Tieflings.  His infernal features are clearly apparent, but at least he's not a bugbear.

"Speaking of bugbears, did you see one? I bopped it upside the head with my hoopak," he said, waving the hooped staff around for emphasis, "but now it appears to be gone!  I bet it's being real sneaky.  There isn't much worse than bugbears, always trying to eat you."  He considered.  "Except owlbears, maybe. Owlbears are bastards."

He shrugged, and then smiled.  "Hi! I'm Lucky Hipweed of the Amberbottom Hipweeds.  Nice to meet you!"  Was it possible for someone that small to be so perpetually cheery?  "And this is my friend Laura Decisa! She gave me a very nice magical pouch!"  He waved the pouch in Tilos' face.  "There's lots of stuff in it, see?"  He sat the pouch down on the tunnel floor and opened it--and immediately all kinds of things spilled out.  Ranging from valuable gems to sharp-looking weapons (including a familiar-looking dagger) to obviously useless bits of feathers and shiny pebbles.  "Oops."

Verasaille

The goblin had to keep plotting, he had to make sure the treasures were protected! He had forgotten there was another treasure chest on his level. One of the other tunnels had something in it that would likely come in handy to someone.

Of course they would have to go exploring to find it. Haolink watched them through his crystal ball. "Maybe they will just get tired of explorin' and leave? I can hope..." he grumbled as the two adventurers and the Tiefling, who was supposed to be on the payroll to protect said treasures, sat around and chattered.

Deep in the bowels of the cave system, the Great Purple Dragon of Immense Beauty and size, shifted his large bulk and the entire area shook with tremors.

Fistar

The area shook and bits of dust fell from the ceiling from the tremor that the dragon caused and Tilos who was looking at what the kinder was showing, sneezed because of the dust.   He rubbed his hawk like nose for a moment trying to get rid of the tickle that threaten to make him sneeze again, and looked at the two adventurers.    He knew time would soon be running out as the goblin is one of those impatient ones…. Wait… they are always impatient duh.   He was berating himself for not paying attention to the layout of this maze of passageways and the more he looked around the more he knew that he had no clue where he was.  Still he was supposed to lead these adventurers to their demise and return with whatever treasure they had.  His eyes glint briefly at the meager amount of treasure that the Kender had,  probably for what it was worth, the magic pouch would be a nice addition.

He sighs, he needed a plan to somehow trip them up, maybe somehow get one alone and have an accident befall them?   Anyways for now it was time to just be patient.
He put on his best charming smile and motion to one of the tunnels,  “If we want to search out the tunnels some more, maybe we can turn up some treasure that we can split,  yes?” 

LuciferOs

The seventh tunnel was interesting to say the least, for it sloped upwards at a very steep rate, at an angle of such a degree that you could not see past the first twenty feet. It had a very soft blue glow coming from the end and smelled odd, like a tang of burning metal.

"Agreed Tilos, I take that as an acceptance to join us" The elf curtsied. "A pleasure"

Seeing the kender flaunt his wears the elf shook her head. "Lucky, stop flaunting your loot to those that may have less than you, its a quick way to cause jealousy and be robbed of them"

Without waiting the elf strode about contemplating the other corridors that were not yet explored.

"This last one seems promising" Laura yelled to the other two "its more interesting than the others and it has light so it may be more used than the rest. If I have to choose which leads to something greater than what we have here I would choose the last tunnel!"

The elf then started towards the light before looking over her shoulder.

"Well my brace companions, we are here for adventure and exploration, and this is the most promising route from what my eyes can manage. " Laura joked. She was feeling in much better spirits now she had a few with her, the caves did seem a lot less daunting.... friendly even.
Active threads

Verasaille

The tunnel that Laura decided to explore took a step upwards slope. So steep in fact she might have a hard time standing up as she walks up. It is also decidedly colder to the point the path becomes slippery with ice crystals. Soon there is a wall in front of her and the floor is very slick.

The light ahead seems to come from a room she can just barely see above her, it is shining from hundreds of dripping icicles hanging from the ceiling.

Fistar

Tilos watched the Laura move up the corridor that she had proclaimed that looked promising and he tried to think what was up that way, but for the life of him,  he couldn’t remember.  Somewhere in his befuddled half intoxicated and half hangover mind there was something about that tunnel she has chosen, but he couldn’t remember it.   Still he dutifully followed her up the tunnel.   Occasionally he would look at Lucky and see if he was up to anything.   This was a first time he had met a kender,  he had heard of them so he was wary.   

It seems that he was accepted into the group, foolish as they were, he would play along until he can see an opportunity.   The floor was obviously slippery and he wondered if a push in the right direction would make someone fall and crack a head open.  Accidents do happen,  he smiled as he glanced around for a moment to see, if a fall would take someone out,  and then they ran up into the wall.   

It was uncomfortably cold for him and he shivered for a moment,  his eyes travelling to Laura,  “What do you think?”

((--ooc not sure long to wait on Remiel so just posting to move things along))

Remiel

(Sorry, was visiting a friend from out of town.  Also, congratulations on your acceptance, Fistar and LuciferOs!)

Lucky quickly stuffed all of the items back into the pouch.  Luckily, he did not touch the cursed dagger as he did so.

He cheerfully acknowledged Laura Descia's chastisement with a, "If Mr. Tilos wants to borrow anything from my pouch, all he needs to do is ask!  I don't mind sharing, not one bit."

Packing the pouch away, he followed them up the tunnel. When the elf and the tiefling had to crouch to avoid bumping their heads, the kender still had plenty of room. 

"Brrr!" he said.  "It is getting colder, don't you think?  I wonder why that could be.  Maybe there is a frost giant in the cave up ahead.  Have you ever seen a frost giant?  They are grumpy but they are otherwise okay.  As long as you leave 'em alone and don't holler in their ears, they'll leave you alone."

He looked up at the wall, and automatically began checking for traps and secret passages.  Because that is what one did in a dungeon.

LuciferOs

The sorceress nodded to the two when they were buy their side, thankful for their company then tapped the wall with a long finger before looking up after a minute.

"Floura OOmlah" she murmured to herself in elvish, for those that could understand it meant interesting

"Well lets see if my spells are back with me again shall we ?" The elf stretched and breathed deeply.

"Lucky your the lightest and the smallest of us, Im going to cast a telekinesis spell and send you up first, I want you to confirm it makes sense for us to follow before Tilos and myself join you, otherwise i I will float you down, Just yell what direction you want me to move you in"

Without waiting for a reply the mage focused on the spell, in the attempt to lift the kender above the wall.

Roll Result: LuciferOs rolled: 1d6
Comment: telekinesis
Result: 4,
Total: 4

Verasaille

(OOC- going to wait for Lucky to confirm if he is all right with this idea, otherwise it is too much godmoding on the part of Laura to assume he will be)

The wall was perhaps ten feet up to the next level. What they could see of it. The next level being very cold and slick , ice melting over a frozen floor. There are no traps here and the way up would be certainly easier if one of them were to spot the rope coiled up in a dark corner, and a convenient overhang of rock jutting about fifteen feet up above them.

If the tiefling actually found his memory in the fog of his alcohol fuddled brain, he would know that something awaited them up above. A creature of cold and ice. With spiky horns and a wicked spiked tail. Interesting enough, it would not leave this cavern. It seemed to be guarding a chest on the far end. A treasure that the Tiefling had better remember belongs here and not in the pocket of a kender.

Remiel

"Wheee!" said Lucky.  "I'm flying! I'm flying!"

Or at least floating.  This was such great fun, he did not want it to stop!

Halfway up he noticed the rope.  "What's that?" he pointed at the coil.

Fistar

Tilos watched the Kender float up in the air,  his eyes studying him for a moment then looked at Laura,  they were alone practically, the kender was not near enough to do anything, if he so happened to bop Laura in the head.   He shivered for a moment, not entirely sure if it was the cold or the thought of just knocking out the Sorceress right now. 

His grip tightened on his staff as lifted it up and approached Laura, hopefully she wouldn't suffer too much he thought.   It was then that Lucky yelled out,  “What’s that?”   
Momentarily distracted he looked up to see where the kender was pointing at,   he found it quite funny to see the kender flying in the air and pointing to a spot on a ledge and almost giggled,   then he remember something about the creature on the other side of the wall and the chest.   Not that he was squeamish or anything like that,  he just thought the creature may handle these adventurers on its own,  of course he would just hang back and watch and finish the job if it was required,   although he couldn't rightly remember if the creature was friendly to him.