Wheel of Time - Age of Legends (Non-system: Mul)

Started by Kate, January 15, 2012, 12:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kate

Read the Wheel of time ?

Recalled references to the age of legends ?

Sick of numbers / system stuff slowing down role playing rate ? For action should be fast and dramatic not slow and dry number stuff. Wanna role play a character of this time ?  Then post your character suggestions away

Mul ? => Premise is that the world is dark (rape etc happens) but no real need for anything to be too explicit (ie your characters hear about it happening, may stumble upon victums of it but its not really going to the focus. If such want to detail such a scene => Separate threads for smut / sex that are linked to the main plot but can be skipped over by those not wanting to read something that doesnt really effect their character anyway.

Angreals etc ? => Yes the white tower etc can make them but they don't give them out, they can be loaned, they are still rare and making them takes a while (they are not AS rare or Precious or unknown as the books, but they are far from prolific).

Character Template

a) a picture that ISNT cartoony / Paining or realistic art OR photo-realistic.
  b) Personality / background
  c) Skills / abilities (one paragraph)

If its not a system game how will it be balanced ? How I hope this would work is I would let everyone role play whats happening, if your in a fight YOU write what you want to happen to your character / what occurs, and if I think your being over the top I will not veto it, but then later write something that was unfortunate that happens to your character to balance things. Also that goes in reverse, your in a fight and you role play your character tripping / being caught off guard etc, loosing their weapon etc ... and a chapter or so something fortunate will happen to your character.

So as far as any ONE scene goes it will not be balanced (ie male source users can do mad stuff and be really show offs) but over time / enough chapters other less powerful characters get more important (ie befriend a powerful noble, start getting political power etc)

TheHangedOne

I'll be keeping an eye on this, in case their's any Aes Sedai in need of a Warder.  :-)
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!