My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Started by Kunoichi, April 10, 2011, 08:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulthakptah

Yep, but with the new episode there is even more songs than before.

Who is excited for tomorrow's episode by the way? Not me because it came out a day early! Whooo! I'm am so freaking happy right now.

Ryo242

Quote from: ulthakptah on January 31, 2014, 12:35:15 PM
Yep, but with the new episode there is even more songs than before.

Who is excited for tomorrow's episode by the way? Not me because it came out a day early! Whooo! I'm am so freaking happy right now.
-Camera zooms in dramatically with each word- DUN!  DUN!  DUN!!  -Camera fully zoomed in now- Where?
The Awkward Shrug for when I have to blow you off and you need to know why.
Lightswitches to my heart and more.
Ponycurious? Why is this guy always so happy?
Tools of Fun:  "Goddess Catching Net" (made by Acme Corporation)
Click here for story ideas

ulthakptah

You can buy it on google play or youtube. The site's rules state I can't tell how to get it illegally, so you will have to find those places on your own.

episode's name is pinkie pride.

Ember Star

I just watched it and all I have to say is;Weird Al as Cheese Sandwich :D

"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Ember Star

Also, for anybody looking, just Google it. Most episodes are uploaded to legal sites like YouTube and DailyMotion almost immediately.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Ryo242

Quote from: Ember Star on February 01, 2014, 12:52:11 AM
Also, for anybody looking, just Google it. Most episodes are uploaded to legal sites like YouTube and DailyMotion almost immediately.
Yeah, this was definitely uploaded much earlier today.  Hints are to sort by length and upload date.

Verified in credits.  Cheese Sandwich... living the life... with Pinkie Pie. -sniffle-

Kunoichi

Well, that was a fun episode. ^^ I particularly loved all the songs.

Ryo242

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 01, 2014, 12:28:40 PM
Well, that was a fun episode. ^^ I particularly loved all the songs.
I'd like a full rendition of Weird Al's Smile Smile Smile though.

Ember Star

I FINALLY WATCHED EQUESTRIA GIRLS! Found it in three parts on DailyMotion. I have to say, better than I thought it would be. Human Trixie was soooo adorable. As were the others. I just wish they threw Derpy in there. But that was they decided "we're not doing Derpy anymore because, blah, blah, blah", was delighted to see her back and really noticeable in episodes 10 and 12

ulthakptah

Quote from: Ryo242 on February 01, 2014, 12:53:17 PM
I'd like a full rendition of Weird Al's Smile Smile Smile though.
He is going to get flooded for requests for him doing polka covers of mlp songs. Even worst people might start sending cheesepie fan fictions his way.

Ember Star

Quote from: ulthakptah on February 02, 2014, 08:43:59 PM
He is going to get flooded for requests for him doing polka covers of mlp songs. Even worst people might start sending cheesepie fan fictions his way.
I collect the art a little bit and have already seen a good bit of Cheesepie. Have yet to see any Mac n Cheese, but I see it coming. How can people not jump on that wordplay? I've already seen memes about it. Just not any actually 'shipping art yet.

ulthakptah

Hehe, Mac and Cheese. Only the fist 30 seconds of the video matters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlw89e_iJoU

Ember Star

So, Equestria Girls 2 has been confirmed.

Ryo242

Quote from: Ember Star on February 03, 2014, 06:02:09 PM
So, Equestria Girls 2 has been confirmed.
Whyyyyyy?

Well I guess they can learn from the first movie mistakes and do better.

Ember Star

Quote from: Ryo242 on February 03, 2014, 07:23:56 PM
Whyyyyyy?

Well I guess they can learn from the first movie mistakes and do better.
It sounds a lot worse actually. I enjoyed the first movie, much better than I expected, and the plot was okay. From what I know, this one is them saving the world with a battle of the bands (as in rock band) or some BS. IDK. I'll try not to judge too much until I actually see it. I didn't judge the first one too much and I actually liked it okay. We'll see with this one. Comes out this summer. Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks is the name. A Trixie doll is coming in the doll line, and Vinyl Scratch is on the cover of the book

Ember Star

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ember Star on February 03, 2014, 09:43:38 PM
and then I find this; http://www.horse-news.net/2014/02/mane-6-alicorns-its-happening.html?m=1

Cutie mark is on the wrong side.  My daughter has all the current released ponies and their cutie marks are on their left side.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Ember Star

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on February 03, 2014, 09:52:09 PM
Cutie mark is on the wrong side.  My daughter has all the current released ponies and their cutie marks are on their left side.
Yeah. I know the doll is a fake. But I just checked and you can see Rarity with wings in Pinkie Pride, plus that statement from Hasbro, plus that box with the key holes and all rainbow sparkle stuff when they connect to their element. It makes you wonder. Though in the long one, it doesn't make a lot of sense. Twilight I knew would be a princess or something eventually from episode one. Just didn't know how. It Just doesn't fit the others, though.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ember Star on February 03, 2014, 09:58:20 PM
Yeah. I know the doll is a fake. But I just checked and you can see Rarity with wings in Pinkie Pride, plus that statement from Hasbro, plus that box with the key holes and all rainbow sparkle stuff when they connect to their element. It makes you wonder. Though in the long one, it doesn't make a lot of sense. Twilight I knew would be a princess or something eventually from episode one. Just didn't know how. It Just doesn't fit the others, though.

When can you see the wings, I just check and it is pretty zoomed out from rarity.

Dhi

Equestria Girls was pretty standard for a direct to video release for girls. It's not horrible for its intended audience, which is surely not you or I. I had enough of these sort of videos when I was little to know what to expect, and all the little girls who will watch Equestria Girls 300 times knew exactly what they were getting too. No surprises.

Actually, there was one surprise. I didn't expect to see the whole original voice cast turn up in the movie. It's common practice to find replacement voices for direct to video releases. It was a nice touch to spend a little extra money, or to be flexible with everyone's contract obligations, to preserve what I think is one of the strongest assets of the show.

I'm glad they are phasing out Derpy, and not using the fan name. The name Derpy is inextricably associated with the inappropriate elements of the adult MLP fanbase, and removing any references to it in a show for children is the right move.

Ember Star

You obviously haven't seen episodes 10 and 12, Derpy is back in full force. Which I am entirely grateful for. She's my favorite pony! That being said, I agree on the name Then again, Hasbro's sub of "Ditzy Do" isn't any better. Hasbro's mistake was with the voice that gave her that one time they let her speak. They should have let stay quiet or else picked a less dumbed down voice. Those of us who love Derpy, do not view her in any degrading way! Actually, even with the way they voiced her, my personal opinion is that they should have had MORE, because it could breed love and acceptance for disabled kids. But with a different name. I think this is kinda what they're trying to do with Scoots inability to fly.

Vinyl Scratch is officially named DJ-Pon3, so I don't see why they can't come up with a reasonable and respectable name for Derpy.

Also, EG wasn't straight to DVD. But it was in a very limited number of theaters

Dhi

In order for Derpy to foster understanding for disabled children, she could no longer be a comic relief character. It doesn't matter if they name the character Queen Equestriana if she is a klutz being played for laughs.

You're right that I haven't seen the recent episodes.

Ember Star

That was kinda my point with finding her a respectable name. Some people call her Bubbles. That might work. Although, might be copyright issues since Bubbles is one of the Power Puff Girls. IDK.

That being said, we, as Derpy fans, never really saw her as a comic relief character. That was Hasbro's doing with how they showed her in episodes where she's more towards the front. Most of us loved her best as Where's Waldo type character as a game to "find Derpy" in the background.

Anyway. She's fairly front and center in episode 10. Then you can spot her several times and quite obviously in 12. More of a foreground pony, really.

SinXAzgard21

I will never call Vinyl Scratch, DJ-Pon3.

Ember Star

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on February 04, 2014, 12:13:44 AM
I will never call Vinyl Scratch, DJ-Pon3.
I agree. It's a weird name. But, was only using it to make a point. That being said, I can see Vinyl Scratch being her real name and Pon3 being her DJ name