Pets and those who love them.

Started by QueenWolf, February 16, 2014, 07:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueenWolf

Tonight I just lost my best friend and 11 year old english bull dog Diesel. He was a significant part of my life and was there for me when I had no one. He went in his sleep and peacefully. Although he rests, my hearts aches without him. So I wanted start a forum where we get to talk about our beloved pets, those we still have and those we have lost.
-Work has decided to swamp me, I am going to post as soon as I can, I'm sorry for the delay.

Make her crawl on hands and knees; head bowed and eyes lowered. She'll never remember who she had before, because all she'll remember is Master.

Crimson Caine

Quote from: QueenWolf on February 16, 2014, 07:05:02 PM
Tonight I just lost my best friend and 11 year old english bull dog Diesel. He was a significant part of my life and was there for me when I had no one. He went in his sleep and peacefully. Although he rests, my hearts aches without him. So I wanted start a forum where we get to talk about our beloved pets, those we still have and those we have lost.
I'm sorry for your loss, QueenWolf.  I know how hard and difficult it can be to loose a beloved pet.  The term 'pet' doesn't even really come close to defining what most pets are in our lives.  Since I was 16 until just a few years ago when I moved into a city that I can't keep them, I've owned ferrets.  A lot of that time I was alone and not the most sociable of person.  They were my buddies there to welcome me home and dance around and entertain me and bring me joy.  They always brought a smile to my face and then they would cuddle around me, laying on me or next to me.  They were just little snugglebugs and even slept with me when I had moved into a place I could let them run around in the bedroom at night.  I held every one of my sweet babies and cried myself sick when they left me to go over the Rainbow Bridge.  I buried them with their special toys and blankets and stuff and made a ceremony of it.  Rascal, Bandit, Puck, Chatterbug, Wolverine, Shinobi, Majick... I feel like I'm forgetting one or two. :-(

And my SO brought two cats with her, one, Gil, who got sick and had to be put down.  It was the first time I'd been in the room when they administrated the chemicals to put them to sleep.  I have no problem telling you I balled like a little kid and it shook me badly even though I had only known him a little time and we'd not bonded well.  I had accepted him into my life and to care for him and it hurt.  I think those of us who truly care for their pets are always devastated when they leave us. 

You have my sympathy.  And remember all the good things as it does help the sadness.
The pious pretense that evil does not exist only makes it vague, enormous and menacing. – Aleister Crowley
CC's O/O
CC's Request Thread
CC's Disappearing Routine (A/A)

QueenWolf

I happen to be lucky currently and have two sugar gliders, a hamster and another puppy to love on. My puppy is a 5 month old German Shepherd, my sugar gliders are each around 2-3. :) They are my hearts and my loves.
-Work has decided to swamp me, I am going to post as soon as I can, I'm sorry for the delay.

Make her crawl on hands and knees; head bowed and eyes lowered. She'll never remember who she had before, because all she'll remember is Master.

Dom

I currently have 3 dogs.

One is a Maltese/yorki cross. His name is Nickle. He was left with me by a relationship gone wrong about six years ago.
Then there is Fus Ro Dah (Fussy for short) who is my Rat Terrier baby. She is six months old and my wild girl.
Most recently I rescued a american bulldog/mastiff cross little girl named Sophie.

Safe to say I have my hands full, but I love it.

I don't mind PMs, or KIK (NoBetterThanBeasts) requests

MasterMischief

I would also like to offer my condolences, Queen Wolf.  It is never easy when we lose a family member.

ReduxRed

A German Shepherd pup? That's lovely.

My most beloved pet was a German Shepherd. She was the same age as me, but born on valentines. We named her Bear, short for Big Fluffy Teddy Bear. Everyone found her intimidating because she was massive but she really was lovely. When I was only a toddler I walked to the shop on my own, and she walked me there and back, she was so loyal. I think I was 14 when the monsters around here broke her back with a cement block. She was in too much pain, we had to put her down. It broke my heart.
Not even starting on my old blonde labrador that passed away not long after. I miss him. My rabbit passed away, and I had to rehome my chinchilla. Fluffy and adorable as anything, Kuro was just too exhausting and I had exams.
My old dog that I got at 5, I had to rehome him during christmas with another dog I'd taken in too. It was lonely, but I still have my 3 cats at least.