NWoD- Orpheus Initiative

Started by Bloody Rose, October 26, 2011, 10:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloody Rose

New York City, the city of wonders, the most famous city in the world. However below this huge place there is a dark side to it, a side that will only reveal itself to a few humans, a dark world, a world of darkness. They are the ones who dwell in the night, they are the ones who kill innocents just for the fun of it. Bodies of blood sucked people are found everyday around the city, yet nobody seems to notice, nobody even knows about them, to their families they are just missing people. Wherever there is darkness there is light and a group has been formed, a group that takes care of every supernatural entities in the planet, they work only for the president of the United States, they are called Orpheus. With this branch of the government that even surpasses the military forces they investigate every supernatural crime. However all those who seen the world of darkness and are contacted by these agents are never the same.

Imagine this as combination of Men in Black but with supernatural instead of aliens. Each one of you would have to go through something supernatural and an agent will contact you. That agent will tell you part of the truth and leave you to make a decision for yourself. I would love to roleplay each individual encounter with the supernatural via yahoo, aim or msn. So here we go lets start with the character sheet.

[float=right][img]Insertimagelinkhere[/img][/float]
Name:
Role: (Sniper, Close combat, Intelligence?)
First experience with the supernatural?: Please post a brief story or sentences explaining what happened to you
Personality:
Kinks:
Limits:
Bio:

Character Sheet: (Either write it down or get it from here  http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiStart )

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123090.0   -IC

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123088.0  -OOC

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123086.msg5401338#msg5401338- Character

AndyZ

Looking into a sniper.  Should we buy Status in Orpheus?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

AndyZ

Still on the search for a picture.  Here's what I'm looking at right now.

Name: Tia Neven
Role: Sniper/Overwatch
First experience with the supernatural?: Seduced and fed on by a vampire, woke up in the hospital
Personality: Shy, placid and unassertive outside of a mission.  Focused and methodical during a mission.
Likes: Classical music, relaxation, massages, aromatic candles, peace and quiet
Dislikes: Being pressured into doing things she doesn't want to do, cruelty
Kinks: Nurses, Having her blood drunk by vampires (something even she doesn't realize about herself), Emotion control
Limits: Bodily waste, bestiality, dismemberment/lobotomization (memory erasure is fine)
Bio:

"I never asked for this."  It's such a simple thing to say, a plea to the universe that nothing makes any sense, that you want so much for your life, that your dreams and desires can no longer be fulfilled.  Eventually, it just has to be accepted that such a sentence is inherently meaningless.  If you have to say it, it's already too late.  Still, that doesn't make it hurt any less.

Tia still had a normal life when she was sixteen years old.  Her friends, or at least, the people that she used to call friends before she really knew what the word meant, had helped sneak her into a bar along with the rest of the group.  She didn't like drinking, but high school was rough if you didn't have people who would stick up for you when the insults started flying.  Why did life have to seem so difficult even then, when she didn't even begin to understand complexity?

It was his eyes that she recognized first, soft and deepest blue, watching her from across the bar.  From the moment his cerulean pools met hers, she couldn't look at anything else.  He just had a way of smiling, of accepting her for who she was, making her feel like she was worth something.  More than anything else, as she remembers the details of that terrible night, that's what she still hates him for.  She has to hate him; she refuses to let herself feel anything else for him.

The exact details of the night are hazy beyond their gentle chatter, but she faintly remembers the feel of falling, the ecstasy of slipping away in his arms as he held her so close, sipping at her neck.  It frightens her now how close she came to death, but she woke up in the hospital, with the one who would be her teacher waiting for her.

It's been about a decade since then; she doesn't really remember the full length.  They've trained her since then, and every night she works to stop anyone else from going through the torment that she's gone through.  It still feels sometimes as though her entire life has been stolen from her.  Maybe someday, when it's all over, she can try to put some sort of a life together, but until then, she can't truly relax without the fear that someone else will may the price for her respite.

Character Sheet: (Either write it down or get it from here  http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiStart )

Virtue: Justice
Vice: Lust

Intelligence: 3
Wits: 3
Resolve: 2
Strength: 2
Dexterity: 3
Stamina: 2
Presence: 2
Manipulation: 1
Composure: 3

Academics: 1 (Research)
Computer: 1
Investigation: 2
Occult: 3 (Monsters)

Athletics: 2
Drive: 1
Firearms: 4 (Sniper Rifles)
Stealth: 3
Survival: 1

Empathy: 3
Persuasion: 1

Health: 7
Willpower: 5
Defense: 3
Initiative: 6
Speed: 10

Mentor: 2
Resources: 3
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

who149

Name: Alexander Ham
Role: Intelligence/Investigation
First experience with the supernatural?: Watched a man get killed by a vampire in an Allyway.
Personality: A very too himself kind of person most of the time. He normally tries not to let emotions get to him, especially when investigating. He has times when he will open up, but those times would only be away from work.
Likes: A good book, discovering something, A good sub, cats, wine, quiet spaces
Dislikes: Beer, loud noises, guns, cowboy hats, birds, people who sing in the car, women with Stripper/fake names (names of alcohol or streets)
Kinks: Multiple partners, getting tied up, Demons/Vampires
Limits: Bodily waste
Bio:

Alex was always into the Occult, always searching for things he knew was there. People his entire life told him he was crazy/delusional, but he knew what he saw. 13 years ago, he was playing Hide and Seek with his friends. He thought he was smart hiding in a dumpster. Night fell while he was still hiding. When he finally peeked out however he saw a man in an overcoat talking too a man in a suit and sunglasses.

Alex kept himself hidden while he watched these two talk. Until the man in the overcoat bit the man in the neck, tossing him aside and walking away. Alex dare not move, until the police came looking for him. He tried to tell them what happened, but they didn't believe the vampire part. He was then sent to therapy for the next few years after seeing this trauma. There they tried to tell him that vampires do not exist, and that he should probably just forget the murder in general and move on with his life.

Alex wanted to be an investigator, so that's what he went to school for. He studied hard learned all he could on vampires, werewolves, demons.  He had to study hard for the next few years, but finally when he turned 23 he became a police investigator. A year later, in his research he found evidence pointing towards supernatural activity. He tried to show this evidence to his Superiors, but they just threw it out. Thats when Orpheus contacted him.

He's been an investigator for them for about a year and a half now.

Character Sheet: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/13794?message=true
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

Dizzied

Picture: http://imgur.com/27JQT
Name: Aleksandra Mierkovich (goes by Sasha)
Role: Close-combat
First experience with the supernatural?: Had her body pupetted by a warlock
Personality: Fairly outgoing, slap-on-the-back kind of girl. Intimidating by looks but tends to avoid seriously hurting anyone if at all possible.
Likes: Hot baths, snowy days, wrestling, working out, friendly competition, strawberry daiquiri, wagers
Dislikes: Humid days, dishonest people, vodka
Kinks: Competing for dominance, sexual exhaustion, size differences (1-3 feet, Sasha as the smaller), risk of pregnancy
Limits: Bodily wastes, heavy bondage, mind control

Bio: Sasha grew up on the streets of Moscow, and attended the school of hard knocks until she was old enough to fend for herself. Her parents were alcoholics, working just enough to barely feed her and her siblings. Sasha did not want to end up drinking her life away and working in some soup factory for her entire life. But after the soviet collapse, the only real profitable industry in Russia was the organized crime syndicates. Unable to make success for herself, she decided to learn how to fight the system. She joined the Russian army at 18 and never looked back.

The Russian army was hardly better than Moscow. It, too, was infested with corruption. More than once did commanding officers attempt to force themselves on her. She was originally signed up for weapon and artillery maintenance, but after infuriating one too many officers, she was sent to the Georgian separatist region and stationed at a particularly dangerous base. The poorly-manned station was besieged several times while she was there, and an AK-47 was shoved into her hands with the expectation that she would fight or die. She chose to fight.

She was still irritating her superiors with her standoffish attitude and occasional unwillingness to obey suicidal orders. When told to patrol with four of the officer's brutal, thuggish lackeys, she deserted, running off into the night headed for eastern Europe. Her only real skills were making soup and combat, and she preferred the latter. She found work as a mercenary, which eventually brought her to the US.

She wasn't thrilled that she'd ended up being one of the criminals she always hated in Moscow, she had come to enjoy the steam that acting around the law let her blow off. On one job, though, her group was set up-they delivered as promised, but to tie up loose ends, they were to be killed. To make it look natural, their employer used magic to control Sasha, and had her do the deed for him. She awoke some time later with the murder weapon in her hands, and a mysterious agent telling her what she'd done. And how to fight back.

She may not be American, but she has a proven record for keeping cool under pressure and plenty of combat experience. And while she has disobeyed orders in the past, it was only due to corruption in the chain of command. So for now, she's a probationary member of the Orpheus initiative.

(If the bio needs changing in order to make her fit, just let me know, I can change things around.)

Virtue: Fortitude
Vice: Pride

Intelligence: 1
Wits: 3
Resolve: 3

Strength: 2
Dexterity: 3
Stamina: 3

Presence: 2
Manipulation: 1
Composure: 3

Skills
Academics:
Computers:
Crafts: 1
Investigation: 1
Medicine: 1
Occult: 1
Politics:
Science:

Athletics: 2
Brawl: 1
Drive:
Firearms: 4 (Autofire)
Larceny: 1
Stealth: 2 (Camouflage)
Survival: 1
Weaponry:

Animal Ken:
Empathy:
Expression:
Intimidation: 1
Persuasion: 1
Socialize:
Streetwise: 3
Subterfuge: 2

Merits:
Iron Stamina: 2
Combat Marksmanship: 3 (from the WoD Armory, if allowed)
Language: 1 (English)
Strong back: 1

Flaws:

Latooni Subota

I have a concept for a more . . . Intelligence/Spotter type of agent. The problem is my concept for the experience with the supernatural is seeing ghosts since she was a child, and subsequently being bumped around to various therapists/mental health clinics as a consequence. (Because telling your teacher you see a scary man with no face sitting on her car is a bad idea.)

Problem is it's not exactly conducive to starting it out with an IM-based scene, at least not from the very first encounter. Can we talk about it and hash things out on YIM? I believe you still have me added on YIM in fact . .
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Bloody Rose

Latooni Subota

Name: Misty Reid
Role: Intelligence/Occultist

First experience with the supernatural?: At her 11th birthday, her grandmother wished her a happy birthday. As did her great grandmother. And great great great grandfather. And the Irish king she's apparently related to. Since then, she's been seeing ghosts nonstop.

Personality: Misty is still a bit of a child deep down, with a submissive yet inquisitive nature. While she defers to authority figures, she can't stop herself from getting a bit uppity or mouthing off a little if the situation goes against her. A little. Usually behind someone's back rather than to their face. She's a bit too much of a coward to call someone out to their face. She's basically a good person, just a bit jaded from years of seeing ghosts.

Likes: The quiet, luxury items, bold flavored foods, 'Me Time' (bathing/personal upkeep/etc), rain.

Dislikes: NOISE, being confined (in a certain way), bland foods, being told to do things that go against her beliefs.

Kinks: Voyeurism, Solo Play, mild bondage, clothes/uniforms/costumes.

Limits: Scatology, extreme bondage/mind fiddling, gore

Bio: A full-blooded Irish lass living in America. Her life was pretty average early on. Regular parents with regular jobs doing regular things at regular schools. At least until her 11th birthday, when she suddently started seeing ghosts. At that point her life zoomed off in an entirely different direction. She KNEW she could see ghosts, and tried to tell people just who she was talking to, but nobody would believe her. She was shuffled off to several different psychiatrists and therapists, which only made her more uppity and angry.

Just because she couldn't prove she saw them, didn't mean they weren't real! After acting out more and more, the state forced her parents to send her away to a juvenile detention center . . and then eventually an asylum for deranged youths. That's where she stayed, trying to deal with being the only sane person (arguably) in a building full of crazies, at least until Orpheus showed up.

Character Sheet: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/13806

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Latooni Subota

Misty is pretty awesome, in practice. You guys will love her. Or HATE her. :3

Dizzied

I have no doubts about that. I just hope all those loud gunshots don't scare her. >:)

Starlequin

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Leon Brentwood
Role: Recon / Close Combat

First experience with the supernatural: Was attacked, mind-wiped and left for dead by a vampire

Personality: Sarcastic, smart-ass, friendly to those who prove their competence, reckless, an easy smile covering a deep, burning fury
Likes: Loud rock music, road trips, old movies, searching for the perfect cheeseburger
Dislikes: Assholes with authority, too much downtime, being patronized, not being at the top of the foodchain
Kinks: Mild bondage (silk ropes or scarves), light teasing
Limits: Scato- / Urological play, death, dismemberment, cruelty

Bio: Leon was a normal 17 year old, working part time in his uncle's grocery store to earn money and help his mother make ends meet. One night after a particularly late shift, Leon locked up the store and went to the back office, where he found his uncle lying in a pool of blood with his throat ripped away, and a monster in a leather jacket kneeling close over the corpse lapping up the blood. He must have made some sort of sound, because before Leon could move the...creature had leaped from the floor and dragged him into the office, throwing him against the wall and laughing at the young man's terror. Leon fell to the floor, stunned, and the monster leaned over him, its rancid breath filling his nostrils as it continued its pitiless laugh. He felt an inhumanly strong hand grip his throat and lift him to his feet, and his vision went black as its grip tightened.

When he woke up, he was hospitalized and in police custody on suspicion of murdering his uncle. The monster had left no trace of its presence, and Leon was left as the only suspect. He tried to protest his innocence and told his story to anyone who listened, but wound up being convicted and sentenced to an asylum for the criminally deranged. His mother, unable to withstand the guilt, shame and grief, took her own life the day he was sentenced, and Leon found himself truly alone. He stopped talking to anyone about what really happened that night, stopped talking at all for several months, letting his anger and hatred for the damnable monstrosity and the so-called 'justice' system which allowed it to roam free build within him.

After nearly a year of incarceration, Leon was contacted by the Orpheus Initiative. They listened to his story, and more importantly, they believed it. They gave him the first glimpses of what was really going on behind the curtain of reality, and offered him a position within their ranks. Having nothing better to do, and with a powerful thirst for vengeance raging in his heart, Leon leaped at the opportunity and agreed to their offer. The Initiative pulled their strings and worked their magic, moving him into their custody, and like that, Leon Brentwood vanished from the mundane world.

Character Sheet: View Stats Here
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

who149

Looks like we have a pretty good team. So when do we start?

Ons and offs!

Bloody Rose

I just want to know who wants to play their backgrounds a bit, if nobody wants to I will make the rp later on today.

Dizzied

I certainly wouldn't mind rping Sasha's background a little, just to help get in character.  Do you prefer YIM or AIM?

Latooni Subota

I pretty much did mine immediately, and it was fun/hilarious, due to my character's slightly . . . blunt mannerisms when dealing with stuff.

who149

I think i'm fine for now. I couldn't think of an interesting RP that I could do with my character

Ons and offs!

Starlequin

After a little more consideration and sheet tweaking, i think im actually pretty much ready to go.  Ive always liked letting character backgrounds come out through play, anyhow.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Bloody Rose

okay tonight most likely I will fill out everything and get this going.