News:

Main Menu

Walking Dead

Started by Kaizen, November 06, 2010, 04:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag

Me too. Didn't they have a contest going to be a walker? I wonder who ended up winning that.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Kaizen

I tried but didn't win...

They had multiple contests I think one for each episode.

rustytiger

Ohh I think it would have been great to be a walker. The makeup and everything is amazing.
I'm slowly coming back after years long hiatus. Still going through all the new rules and updates so I'm sorry if I mess up.

Ons & Offs
Absences
Idea Thread

Ryven

Quote from: Michi No Sora on December 07, 2010, 12:14:19 PM
Me too. Didn't they have a contest going to be a walker? I wonder who ended up winning that.

Yeah.  My roommate scrambled to enter it each week.  Have the announced winners yet?

Marguerite

For the wife part: I think she owes something and I do hate her, do not get me wrong since I mention my loathing for Shane more often than now. However, I think she already is given her punishment of having her husband coming back, showing her still loves her, went through many perils to find her and now she has to deal with the fact that this man could potentially push her away but not his son should her infidelity come to light. I keep wondering how long the affair went on. Did it go on before the accident? After she was told by Shane that he died?

As for Shane, that man was like a brother to Rick, best friends and to see him go right after Rick's wife is a big no-no. I was surprised the graphic novel was changed but I can see why since people would have guessed what was going to happen next. However, I am glad to hear the actor who plays Shane also wants his ass dead.

My favorite episode was Vatos.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Ryven

I'm willing to bet that they were having an affair before the zombie outbreak even happened.

Marguerite

Quote from: Ryven on December 07, 2010, 01:36:03 PM
I'm willing to bet that they were having an affair before the zombie outbreak even happened.

My friend, Vi, and I thought the same thing especially with Rick explanation of how his wife has been more moody and withdrawn from him.

Kaizen

I don't think an affiar was going on before the zombies took over.  If it had, then she would not have been so combative against Shane.  But then again, she did seem happier when Rick was thought to be dead.

Ryven

Quote from: Kaizen on December 07, 2010, 01:43:26 PM
I don't think an affiar was going on before the zombies took over.  If it had, then she would not have been so combative against Shane.  But then again, she did seem happier when Rick was thought to be dead.

That doesn't mean anything.  Having an affair does not negate feelings for another person.  I think the reason she became so combative to Shane was because she still thinks that he told her Rick was dead for his own benefit.  The fact that Rick not only survived but actually risked his own life to seek them out speaks high of the love and devotion he has for his wife and child.  Granted, the same might be able to be said for Shane, but Rick didn't have a possible ulterior motive for finding his wife and child like Shane does.

Remiel

Quote from: rustytiger on December 07, 2010, 10:00:17 AM
I love this series, my roommate and guys in my dorm got me hooked on the show. I was kind of disappointed in the final episode, but I mean now I want to watch the series even more! It the ending explained everything then I'm sure I would get bored with the series soon. What I want to know is what the Lab guys whispered into Rick's ear.

"Save the cheerleader, save the world."

Ryven

Quote from: Remiel on December 07, 2010, 03:26:41 PM
"Save the cheerleader, save the world."

*falls over dead*  I can't believe someone went there.

Jag

Bubbles

I saw episode 6...and it was awesome! O:

so much tension and messed up stuff around there..my heart was like moving from the left ot he right with the tension in there and that damn Doc. not opening the door >__>
I am glad that they did managed to get out, except the black Lady. ): well, it was her choice after all, more adventure for the others in fighting the Z's and trying to find a better way out in all that crappy hell..setting loose with the "undead" and the Walkers..

can't wait for the next episode!  8-)
A/AO/O's
No more RP's.I am swamped for now.

jobe352

While I love Walking Dead, I truly hated the final episode!

Nothing really happened::
-Everyone gets trapped in the CDC by some psycho, suicidal scientist
-With the group pissed off and the doors closed, they try to smash the weirdo's head in.
-Rick saves the day by blowing a hole through supposedly "impenetrable" glass. Oh, yeah. That lady and the crazy guy die.

Where is one-handed Merle? That's what killed me! o-0 Must they keep me waiting?

Yuppers, my favorite episode was "Vatos", except for the part when Andrea sits, sobbing over Amy for, like, five minutes of screen time.  ;)

Lisabeth

I have to Disagree Jobe. I didn't think he was a weirdo at all. He was a man morning his wife and wanting to join her. He locked the group in the CDC with him because of what Rick told him and he felt it was more humane to let them die in a instant then suffer and slowly die off one by one on the outside. They didn't become violent with him and only threatened to hit him twice. It didn't take much to get him to open the door and let them out. he wasn't a bad guy just a man that lost all hope for the human races survival.
"Searchers of Horror haunt strange, far places..."
         ..... H.P. Lovecraft

Ryven

I agree with Lisabeth.  Also, the series was only scheduled for 6 episodes.  There's only so much they can do in that time.  Probably that short due to trying to figure out how well the series would do, and behold, its ratings went through the roof.  I can only assume that the second season will have more episodes in it.

I think their plan is to keep people waiting.  With the anticipation of the first season, the second will surely show as much if not more enthusiasm from viewers than the first.

MasterMischief

I was still holding my hate for Shane until the final episode.  Knowing that he tried to save his buddy redeemed him in my eyes only to loose that redemption by trying to force himself on Rick's wife.  Both of them should have come clean when Rick first showed up.

I am not really sure what more he could have done with soldiers walking around shooting anything that moved and walkers around each corner.

Whatever the doc whispered in his ear better be Earth shattering.  They are all 10 seconds from dying and whatever he whispered got a visible reaction from Rick.  If it is something lame like your shoe is untied, I am going to be pissed.

Jag

Quote from: Ryven on December 08, 2010, 04:05:32 PM
I can only assume that the second season will have more episodes in it.

I believe it is set for 13 episodes. So standard season size for season 2.

Lisabeth

Quote from: MasterMischief on December 08, 2010, 04:27:48 PM
I was still holding my hate for Shane until the final episode.  Knowing that he tried to save his buddy redeemed him in my eyes only to loose that redemption by trying to force himself on Rick's wife.  Both of them should have come clean when Rick first showed up.

I am not really sure what more he could have done with soldiers walking around shooting anything that moved and walkers around each corner.

Whatever the doc whispered in his ear better be Earth shattering.  They are all 10 seconds from dying and whatever he whispered got a visible reaction from Rick.  If it is something lame like your shoe is untied, I am going to be pissed.

I think i know what he whispered to Rick. He told him Lori's Pregnant. 
         ..... H.P. Lovecraft

MasterMischief

Quote from: Lisabeth on December 08, 2010, 08:40:11 PM
I think i know what he whispered to Rick. He told him Lori's Pregnant.

Yeah, that certainly would make sense and I think that would warrant the look Rick gave him.

Marguerite

Along with the fact Shane and Lori were together, etc.

Lisabeth

My thoughts exactly. So on top of having to deal with starvation and the undead Poor Rick has to be messed up with thoughts of his wife having his best friends baby without medical aid. Makes for some good drama.
         ..... H.P. Lovecraft

Kaizen

Quote from: Lisabeth on December 09, 2010, 03:12:57 AM
My thoughts exactly. So on top of having to deal with starvation and the undead Poor Rick has to be messed up with thoughts of his wife having his best friends baby without medical aid. Makes for some good drama.

Not yet, Rick probably thinks the baby is his at this point in time (if indeed pregnancy is the case) That is I'm assuming they had intercourse after he returned.  But if he does the math, and she's been pregnant for weeks... then that is a different story.

Bentley

I just finished the first volume of the comic. I may dislike Shane but I'm now more appreciative of his presence in the show.

Mathim

I've read up to the current place in the comics, and it's pretty depressing. It almost made me want to stop reading it altogether, to be honest. I haven't seen the show but from what I've read, it deviates pretty heavily from the graphic novels. Which can be a good thing; I'd have to see it to give a real opinion. But be prepared for some pretty big downer moments in the future.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).