Fresh Marvel AU RP Interest Check! Seeking One More Female Character!

Started by Vergil Tanner, February 04, 2016, 05:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil Tanner

Yeah, we need a Brawler for The New Avengers! We need it before we can start, so please, anybody interested....hit us up! Please? :P
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Writersblockade

If uhhhh, someone would play she hulk...that would be awesomesauce.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Vergil Tanner

OR BLACK CAT.

*ahem*

In all seriousness, though, there are LOADS of characters you can pick from.

She-Hulk, Captain Britain, Jessica Jones, Captain Marvel, Male Captain Marvel, Nova, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Hyperion, Blackbolt...hell, even Taskmaster could be spun to join the Avengers if he thought he needed to. So long as they're not singlehandedly more powerful than every other member of the team in their specialities, then they're fair game! It doesn't much matter whether they're male or female at the moment.

Of course, no more X-Men. We've hit our cap for them, alas. :P

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Writersblockade

black cat isn't a powerhouse! Stop trying to get her in the flipping RP! *shakes fist*
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Life in Color

MasterOfMyFate

"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

Life in Color

It is up to interpretation.

I just wanted to use it - because giggles.

Writersblockade

Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

Life in Color

Quote from: Writersblockade on February 23, 2016, 10:36:26 PM
That's Sam's "come the fuck on" face

Straight from the... Well. Hrm.

This should probably go to the hotline, too.

Okay. I'm done with the hotline for the day.

>.>

Writersblockade

You used to call me on my hotline... late night, when you need my help...
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

indarkestknight

Hello all! I've been scouted for a techie slot, so...

New Avengers! Assemble! *ahem* So I'd like to poll those on the New Avengers roster: would you prefer Amadeus Cho or T'Challa, alias Black Panther?

Writersblockade

That's a tough choice, especially for Techie. But I thought the Illuminati were out of play.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

Life in Color

I'm fine with either.

:D

But, KidsWB brings up a good point.

Elven Sex Goddess

Hello all,  been recruited to play the bruiser/brawler on the new Avengers.   I have picked Molly Hayes from the runaways, however she is now 18 years old.       

== Character Bio ==

== Personal Information ==

Legal Name:  Molly Hayes
Alias:  Princess Powerful or Bruiser
Sexuality:  Heterosexual, Lesbian, no wait Bi-sexual
Team Role:  Bruiser / Brawler

== Physical Description / Clothing ==

Molly has grown to be 5'2", 108 lbs  with brown hair and green eyes is Molly's physical stats.   She has a thin build.  As how she dresses is as pictured to the right.  Molly really does not have a superhero costume.  However from her grade school years, Molly has a fascination with animal hats.  Even to this day she wears them.  Well donning one when she needs to play the super heroine.  So technically it is her costume.

Also as noted in her powers,  her eyes glow a pink when she uses her powers and if really exerts herself a pink aura surrounds her.

== Personality ==

Out going friendly inquisitive nature.   Easy to get along with.   So a genial nature.  Dislikes depressing and negative people.    Just coming into her own as a young woman.  Unsure of things in the sexuality department.   Can be impulsive at times.    Molly social skills with those in her own age bracket are awkward.   Having grown up in unique way.    Lacking the formative society settings of such institutions with schooling,  especially high school.   Such dynamics as crushes and intermingling in school extracurricular activities  such as dances and even a prom.   Well Molly has missed out on all that.     

== Key Skills ==

None

Powers:

Superhuman Strength: The upper limits of her powers have never been tested. Molly is seen toppling monsters as large as skyscrapers (albeit while supercharged with magic), tunneling through miles of rock and lift a car with ease.

Invulnerability: Molly has some level of invulnerability, though she is not invincible.

Bioluminescent: When Molly's strength increases, her eyes glow pink. Sometimes, she also emits a pink aura. This is a similar power signature to both her parents.

Skills:

Molly really doesn't have any overt skill set that is note worthy,  being a grade school drop out. 

Weaknesses:

Exhaustion: Molly's strength rapidly drains her endurance, often causing her to fall asleep after using her strength.

== Character Background ==

Like every member of the original Runaways, she is the daughter of evil villains with special abilities; after the other older Runaways learn more about themselves, they raid Molly's home to find out her mutant abilities had already manifested. Often called "Mol" for short, Molly was at time, the youngest Runaway. She has demonstrated great insight at critical moments. 

Like the other original Runaways, Molly Hayes was born after her parents and the other members of the Pride decided to pass on their inheritance from the Gibborim to their children. Molly's parents, Gene and Alice Hayes, were telepathic mutants.  Along with Karolina Dean, Molly was not present to witness her parents and the Pride sacrifice Destiny Gonzales for the Ritual of Blood. She was also left out of the groups subsequent meeting at Griffith Observatory. The Runaways' last stop before going into hiding was rescuing Molly. After narrowly escaping their parents, and taking refuge in The Hostel.  As the progeny had learned their parents belong to a evil group 'Pride' as evil villains.   

Molly was the only one to miss her parents.   Being that she was eleven at the time when this happen.   An she seem to be indifferent to what was learned.  Not outraged as her fellow runaways were in what their parents had and were doing.    Still it is Molly that is the one that destroys the the sacrifice container freeing Destiny Gonzales' soul.  When the group faced off with the Pride.     

Of course the runaways up to that point had been more like in hiding.   Now were apprehended by no less then Captain America.   Each one of them were put in foster care.   Molly would be placed with a local branch of the local  X-Factor corporation.    The group kept in contact,  got love social media.   Allowing the runaways to yet runaway again a second time weeks later.   

Molly was originally the team's sole mutant; despite having telepathic mutant parents, Molly's mutant powers are superhuman strength and invulnerability. She used to be the youngest member of the team, but after inviting fellow mutant Klara Prast to join, Molly takes comfort in having another mutant and someone her own age. She is extremely proud of her mutant heritage and admires the X-Men.  Besides admiring the X-Men,  Molly also has trained at the Avenger Academy.    A big fan of Dazzler.   A Harry Potter geekette.  Molly has read all the books.   However, she had a crush on Wolverine.   He was going to be her husband when she grew up.   That is until she finally met Logan and well she got quite perturbed with him and threw him out a window.   Needless to say her puppy love infatuation ended with Wolverine at that time. 

Even through fights have ensued with the X-Men as they tried to force the Runaways to become students in the X-Men school.    Molly still looks up to the X-Men.     Which leads to Hank Pym. The Beast,  who she had met and at first did not like but grew to like him.    The Avenger academy wanted her to stay, along with  Klara.  Due to the girls ages at the time.   Hank finally agreed they could go, as long as they checked in regularly and took a robotic tutor for Molly and Klara.

More details can be found in the portfolios SHIELD and Avenger of Molly.   

== Character Extras ==

Transportation;  Leap frog vehicle with Artificial intelligence

== Face Claim: ==

- Zoey Deutch -

Theme Song:

My Cowboy

https://youtu.be/p-dzl0XcDRo

indarkestknight

Well, actually, both Amadeus and T'Challa have been affiliated with the Illuminaughty at one point or another. However, because it's been stipulated that none of the major events have gone down, I'd thought only the founding six members of the Illuminaughty would be off limits, so long as the characters were not played as if they had ever been counted as a member of the Illuminaughty in their backstory for purposes of the game.

Life in Color

Quote from: indarkestknight on February 24, 2016, 07:48:06 PM
The Illuminaughty

#headcanon

Also, that's true.

I'm fine with either, still. T'challa will add an interesting dynamic and so will Amadeus.

Writersblockade

*laughs* Seeing Molly all grown up reminds me of the mixed feelings I had seeing the girl from Spy Kids in Machete Kills. I'm all like awwww...but mmmmm...very confusing.

Oh, and if folks are cool with Black Panther being played, I would have said something when someone used his face claim! Anyway, you'll have to find another face claim for him if you do play him :(

On the other hand, Cho is freaking awesome, and has the right amount of smartass snark to make life interesting. It comes down to what kind of role you'd like best to play. brainiac uber support character, or very intelligent guy who can also pull his weight in a fight. Both have very different and awesome pros to them
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

Life in Color

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Cuchulainn

Whoooo the runaways are awesome

Vergil Tanner

Hey guys! :D Ok, so, in terms of T'Challa or Cho, you're right Knight; by "Illuminati," I meant the six founding members are off limits, not anybody who has ever been associated with them :P  So either way, whichever you decide :P

And Elven Sex Goddess, welcome! :D Like the choice of faceclaim, and I like a Runaway growing up and being part of The Avengers :D I do have to ask if you can flesh out the Background a little more - basic stuff like who her parents were, how old she was when she ran away, why she ran away, where she went when she ran away, how that ended and where she went next and how she eventually got to be part of the New Avengers. Just some bits and pieces to give it a little more meat, then we'll be able to transfer that bio across and you'll be golden. :-)

Writersblockade

Someone get ja rule, because Vergil's asking for a pimped out background!
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

Marie Reynolds

Yay Molly looks like she will be fun to have in the group!

Life in Color

Quote from: Writersblockade on February 25, 2016, 05:25:42 AM
Someone get ja rule, because Vergil's asking for a pimped out background!

This dates you, so much.

Also... I think you're thinking of Xzibit.

So bad.

Writersblockade

At first I was thinking the fast and the furious, then went into mtv, but stuck with ja rule cuz wtf not? Mashup!

And yeah, I take my centrum silver, and wait patiently to bug the mailman for mail I'll never get!

And occasionally shake my fist at random kids
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!