News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What are you watching right now?

Started by Inkidu, November 12, 2008, 08:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bliss

O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Assassini

More Clone Wars. I'm still on Season 4, and I have to say that Ahsoka actually seems a little better now that they have started showing episodes a little later in the time-line where she is a teenager instead of a kid. The main issue I had with her was her childish attitude/appearance which always frustrated me because I hate the way they tried to make it so appealing for kids with that sort of stuff.

Weirdly though... She now has two lightsabers... Like literally out of nowhere. She had one for the entire first three seasons and now she suddenly has two, with no explanation for when/why she got it. I mean, it's pretty cool, and as far as I'm aware it's entirely up to the Jedi themselves how many lightsabers they make/use. It still seems weird that they wouldn't explain it though (or have an episode where she decides to make her second lightsaber). Seems like it could have been a good plot point actually... Missed opportunity.

DemonessOfDeathValley

Supernatural. I looooove's me some Dean Winchester.

~Approximate response time - 1-7 days plus ~ Muse cooperative~

marblesoda

"Do you know what that really means? A knight in shining armor?" "A hero who saves the day." "No. A knight in shining armor never did nothing for nobody. He never fought. A knight in dented, scraped armor, now that's what you want."

SpiralSpider

Watched Age of Ultron tonight. It was nice. ^.^
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Sub Abi

CassieBear

Ideas|O/O's|Post Tracker
Click Me!
Random PMs always welcome.
Roleplays:Not actively seeking.
Posting Frequency: Up to a Month
Replies Owed: 1 of 4

Assassini

Quote from: CassieBear on May 04, 2015, 02:20:15 PM
Archer.

Lana. Lana! *Deep breath* LAAAAANNAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

*Whispers* Danger Zone.

Fucking love Archer.

OT: While I've already got too much shit to watch I've been kinda, sorta trying to find a new anime to watch. Tried out the first episode of Code Geass last night (because it's one of the ones Google recommends as a "top anime") but wasn't too taken with it. Not sure I could handle a whole anime series about the destruction of a "Holy Britannian Empire". I still can't get over the collapse of the REAL British Empire...

CassieBear

Watching Revolution right now. Second season.

And Archer is certainly an awesome show, Assassani.  I didn't care for it much when it first came out, but after giving it a second try, I had fallen in love with it.

Ideas|O/O's|Post Tracker
Click Me!

Mihkul

Mikem

A little featurette on youtube about Game of Thrones.

I haven't seen a single episode, yet I've come across the show numerous times on the internet. What I've learned from my travels? The young white haired girl that loves dragons gets fucked by Conan the Barbarian, there's a shit ton of incest, people love to backstab others, there's a whiny little boy as a prince, there's an obsession with Winter, and everything is centered around a throne made of swords.
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. So why not take the scenic route?"

My Ons & Offs

CassieBear

Ideas|O/O's|Post Tracker
Click Me!

Warlock

Political Opinion show called Secular Talk

Assassini

Clone Wars Season 6.

I have to say, Season 5 was actually really good, there were at least two arcs during it which were really rather good.
Minor Spoilers
The arc involving Death Watch and Darth Maul (and his brother) was, by a long way, a favourite of mine. Darth Maul actually succeeded in being one of the most interesting characters and it was awesome watching him fight Obi-Wan again. The other arc involving the framing of Ahsoka was actually also pretty good, and possibly the first time I actually came to appreciate her as a character.

On the other hand, it looks like the series ended with a lot of the stories unfinished. Particularly, judging by the entries on Wookiepedia, it does not finish the story of any one of Darth Maul, Asajj Ventress or Ahsoka Tano (none of whom appear in Season 6, which I did spoil for myself by reading the ends of their Wookiepedia articles). Ventress seems to be present in some of the other Star Wars Legacy (Extended Universe) content, but even then it looks like the content never covers her death... Plus it actually looks like some of these extended sources conflict with some of the Clone Wars stuff, so it's not particularly great.
Major Spoilers
Darth Maul's story on the other hand appears to end with his last appearance in Clone Wars (I.e. being tortured but not killed by Darth Sidious) and similarly following Ahsoka leaving the Jedi Order there is no mention on whether she is hunted down following the execution of Order 66.
Overall, the three major character's whose fates are NOT determined by the films are left completely open, which is something of a travesty.

Mikem

Quote from: Assassini on May 09, 2015, 04:07:07 PM
On the other hand, it looks like the series ended with a lot of the stories unfinished. Particularly, judging by the entries on Wookiepedia, it does not finish the story of any one of Darth Maul, Asajj Ventress or Ahsoka Tano (none of whom appear in Season 6, which I did spoil for myself by reading the ends of their Wookiepedia articles).

They brought Ahsoka back in the new Star Wars: Rebels cartoon. She's older and part of the Rebellion.
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. So why not take the scenic route?"

My Ons & Offs

Assassini

Quote from: Mikem on May 09, 2015, 08:51:59 PM
They brought Ahsoka back in the new Star Wars: Rebels cartoon. She's older and part of the Rebellion.

Did they? Well, that's something I suppose. I actually was considering checking out Rebels after I finished the Clone Wars, so that gives me another reason to do so.

In fairness though, I actually find that whole thing really frustrating. I never particularly liked Ahsoka, and one imagines that because she was known to Darth Sidious that he would specifically send troops after her and hunt her down. Oh well...

Mikem

Quote from: Assassini on May 09, 2015, 08:54:13 PM
Did they? Well, that's something I suppose. I actually was considering checking out Rebels after I finished the Clone Wars, so that gives me another reason to do so.

In fairness though, I actually find that whole thing really frustrating. I never particularly liked Ahsoka, and one imagines that because she was known to Darth Sidious that he would specifically send troops after her and hunt her down. Oh well...

Well she just a Jedi Learner, and by the end of the show she
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
rejected becoming a Knight and left the order to be on her own.
So she'd have a pretty fair chance at evading the Empire, what with not being around any Clone Troopers n'such. I haven't watched the new show either, there's already a full season, but I saw they don't introduce Ahsoka until the Season 1 finale. I think she's just a minor support character this time.

My Ons & Offs

Assassini

Quote from: Mikem on May 09, 2015, 09:01:21 PM
Well she just a Jedi Learner, and by the end of the show she
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
rejected becoming a Knight and left the order to be on her own.
So she'd have a pretty fair chance at evading the Empire, what with not being around any Clone Troopers n'such. I haven't watched the new show either, there's already a full season, but I saw they don't introduce Ahsoka until the Season 1 finale. I think she's just a minor support character this time.

Hmm. fair point, well made I suppose. And in the end she does seem more than a little competent so perhaps it is reasonable to assume she could easily evade the Empire. Actually, one thing which kind of continues to bother me about Clone Wars is how inconsistent it is with the power levels of the Jedi, for example:
Spoilers
when they meet in like Season 2, Ahsoka comes across as far more competent at fighting than Bariss Offee but then Bariss somehow easily kicks the shit out of her in the Season 5 final arc. Also, Ventress is something of a bad-ass for a lot of the show but is also pretty easily bested by Bariss. There are other examples as well, like Obi-Wan not being able to beat Grevious (when he doesn't seem to break much of a sweat in the films). And he at first really struggles against Darth Maul and Savage Opress when he's fighting alongside Ventress. Then he struggles a bit less when he's fighting alongside Adi Gallia. Then when SHE gets killed he kinda-sorta beats them. It's just inconsistent and actually pretty bothers me...

Oh, the thing about her coming in at the last episode? Is that kinda spoiler-y? But fair enough! I should say, I was a little put off Rebels in the first place by the whole bloody "laser slingshot" thing one of the main characters seemed to have in the season 1 posters. It just seemed so childish it was off-putting.

Strangefate

Currently: Cheap Thrills

Recently: Sweetwater, Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, Star Trek: Into Darkness, Argento's Dracula
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Assassini

Was watching Red vs. Blue today, finished the second series.

Honestly, I can't believe I'm still watching it and I really don't see why so many people seem to like it. I mean, I laughed out loud a couple of times during Season 2. But that's over like a whole 2 hour period... I just don't get it.

WyldRanger

The X-Files recently (slowly working my way through the series once again - up through season 1 and starting season 2)

DemonessOfDeathValley

Married with Children. Lots of tacky, campy fun.

~Approximate response time - 1-7 days plus ~ Muse cooperative~

The Lioness

Star Trek Voyager (or Vee-jer, as I like to call it). Up to season 6 now. I think the only thing I like about this spin off is the fact the captain reminds me of Katherine Hepburn.
♥ Poems ♥ Story Ideas ( Updated 3/20/24) ♥ Ons/Offs ♥ F-List♥ A/A (Updated 1/23/2024)♥ Art ♥ My Kingdom ♥

♥Posts owed: 1/1 ♥ Posts completed: 0/1 ♥ Pending: 0 ♥
♥Status: Open ♥

AmberStarfire

Lioness: I loved that show and watched all of the series. :)

OT: I just watched a trailer for a new Supergirl movie I saw on Tumblr. I'm.. not entirely sure if it's real or not. It's just so cheesy and the character all weak (at least to begin with) and American tv-show-geeky, but it looks like it might be real.

Assassini

Quote from: AmberStarfire on May 14, 2015, 05:50:20 AM
Lioness: I loved that show and watched all of the series. :)

OT: I just watched a trailer for a new Supergirl movie I saw on Tumblr. I'm.. not entirely sure if it's real or not. It's just so cheesy and the character all weak (at least to begin with) and American tv-show-geeky, but it looks like it might be real.

It's real. And god yeah... it looks SO bad... In fairness, I've always thought that Supergirl is a rubbish superhero. She's just a girl version of Superman as far as I'm aware. Has never really seemed like a good character at all.

OT: been watching Suits the last week or so. I'm stunned I hadn't watched it before, because it's absolutely top notch.